• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Trade Deadline Thread -- Durant TRADED

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
This feels like extremely early this year?

Either way, we should start seeing rumors fly this weekend.

Obviously Kyrie is now the big name now.

Who else?

Who needs help?

Which contracts get dumped?

Crowder will obviously go, it's been nothing but posturing all season at this point

This feels like extremely early this year?

Either way, we should start seeing rumors fly this weekend.

Obviously Kyrie is now the big name now.

Who else?

Who needs help?

Which contracts get dumped?
When they said next thursday it felt like a few weeks early

But is asg later than normal? Teams only gonna have 25-30 games left

When they said next thursday it felt like a few weeks early

But is asg later than normal? Teams only gonna have 25-30 games left
Asg usually in teens of February.

I looked back, this isn't unusual for the date. I just feel like it is.

Maybe it was the discussion years back of moving to after asg when they still did that event as a conference vs conference game.

Someone here was saying Crowder, Cam and two firsts for him yesterday

Did a mouth puke
They are gonna get more than that

Also have zero need for crowder

the espn article that was discussing it said Zaire and 3 1sts from memphis, danny green to match salary

They are gonna get more than that

Also have zero need for crowder

the espn article that was discussing it said Zaire and 3 1sts from memphis, danny green to match salary
Yeah Memphis are huge favorites to get him

Or overpay for him

Ja, bane, brooks, jjj, og

I dont think there would be a better starting 5 anywhere

Kind of a perfect match

Hard part with trading those picks in the NBA is they can't be consecutive. 1 or 2 of them will likely be lottery unless you really think he's going to a dynasty

I love the Memphis team but virtually impossible to hold it all together for that long whether it's injuries or cap luxury tax

Not a single post here about Kyrie going to Dallas for Dinwiddie and DFS? Is Kyrie going to bring his own basketball to the games because Luka doesn't give it up for free. Durant is getting a lot of glue guys around him, I guess we'll see for a week or two if they can win without him first.

Is it normal that the draft picks Brooklyn gets in return are so distant in the future? What if the Earth implodes by then?

Not a single post here about Kyrie going to Dallas for Dinwiddie and DFS? Is Kyrie going to bring his own basketball to the games because Luka doesn't give it up for free. Durant is getting a lot of glue guys around him, I guess we'll see for a week or two if they can win without him first.

Im still bitter bout Dinwiddie, needed him to score 27 the other night to hit a big parlay and he was stuck on 25 and missed his last 3-4 shots. Hurts too much to discuss, lol,

I just don’t think this a good move for Dallas, as you said it tough to see both being happy when both guys are so ball dominant, I liked the way mavs were constructed, not like they havnt made some noise in the playoffs and I thought adding wood was a decent move. We have kinda seen this before, Brunson is no kyrie in the skills department but he similar in needing the ball and he was much better when luka didn’t play or wasn’t on the court, can’t see it being much different with kyrie. Plus the d gonna be terrible when they both out there and part of what made Dallas tough they played real d, I think Finney-smith was their best wing defender.. I actually think nets did well to get what they did, I could see a world they not to shabby with these guys around Durant, they should try to find some rim protection before the deadline but all things considered thought they did well.

Hard part with trading those picks in the NBA is they can't be consecutive. 1 or 2 of them will likely be lottery unless you really think he's going to a dynasty

I love the Memphis team but virtually impossible to hold it all together for that long whether it's injuries or cap luxury tax

Grizz have gotten way too mouthy for a team who has done nothing for my taste. I like nuggets with a healthy Murray much better than griz right now.

Should the Celtics trade Brown for KD?

Brown I think without Tatum could be a 30 ppg guy for sure. Hard for the Nets to pass up on that if there’s some picks tossed in.

Woj says Nets appear to be trying to get Toronto into the Kyrie trade as a third team. Maybe to get one of their 17 big men on the roster?

I see it playing out in a similar way as to how Russ and Beal did things in Washington a couple of years ago. They'll both start each half together, Kyrie will sit after 5-6 minutes, then come back in when Luka sits, then they finish the half together for the last 6-7 minutes. That way they both get about 36 minutes and at least one of them is on the floor running the offense at all times.

I see it playing out in a similar way as to how Russ and Beal did things in Washington a couple of years ago. They'll both start each half together, Kyrie will sit after 5-6 minutes, then come back in when Luka sits, then they finish the half together for the last 6-7 minutes. That way they both get about 36 minutes and at least one of them is on the floor running the offense at all times.
I agree

Modeling yourself after the Bullets' years of success just doesn't seem like Cuban's typical game plan

Pretty quiet lead-in to deadline day so far. Last year the CJ McCollum seven player deal happened on Tues, as did they Haliburton/Sabonis trade. Talking heads are saying everyone is looking at their pantry to see if they have the ingredients to cook up a Durante trade and that is putting other deals on hold. Should start to see some deals today or else tomorrow is going to be a free-for-all.

I agree

Modeling yourself after the Bullets' years of success just doesn't seem like Cuban's typical game plan
I mean its not just Washington.....the LeBron Heat teams tried to make sure either he or Wade was out there IIRC. OKC keeps Shai or Giddey on the floor. Boston staggers Tatum and Brown too. So do the Cavs with Garland and Mitchell. Really not that unusual at all.

I mean its not just Washington.....the LeBron Heat teams tried to make sure either he or Wade was out there IIRC. OKC keeps Shai or Giddey on the floor. Boston staggers Tatum and Brown too. So do the Cavs with Garland and Mitchell. Really not that unusual at all.
Big time difference with two ball dominant PGs for me. Both don't just want, but need the ball moving forward before half court

Pretty quiet lead-in to deadline day so far. Last year the CJ McCollum seven player deal happened on Tues, as did they Haliburton/Sabonis trade. Talking heads are saying everyone is looking at their pantry to see if they have the ingredients to cook up a Durante trade and that is putting other deals on hold. Should start to see some deals today or else tomorrow is going to be a free-for-all.
Yeah, I was thinking this morning that the quietness is quite odd.

With way they all play the load (of shit) management game it makes sense. I rather they do more of that and cut guys minutes some opposed to sitting them and some poor kid not getting to see his favorite player the one game a year he goes! The key is they both have to play well together down the stretch when ya need them both on the court. Even assuming luka and kyrie can do that the biggest issue would be they become a way way weaker defensive team than mavs been the last few years where they were playing legit d.

I dunno if this has changed but seemed to me they didn’t play wood with luka a ton, didn’t understand that, gotta think he get more a chance to play with someone out there now!

I guess there no way for nets to get rid of Simmons useless Ass? I keep saying I kinda like what nets could look like around KD but I keep forgetting this dude. think they move Dinwiddie, that seems to be a popular theory. Nets could use some rim protection help behind Claxton. They could potentially have a solid d along with shooters surrounding KD,, like Mavs last year a bit?

Under 24 hours left and so far there have been more announcements of players (2) missing an all-star game thats 11 days away than there have been significant trades (1).

I guess there no way for nets to get rid of Simmons useless Ass? I keep saying I kinda like what nets could look like around KD but I keep forgetting this dude. think they move Dinwiddie, that seems to be a popular theory. Nets could use some rim protection help behind Claxton. They could potentially have a solid d along with shooters surrounding KD,, like Mavs last year a bit?
I think they're stuck with Simmons. To me Dinwiddie fits in nicely as a second scorer and also quarterbacking the non-Durant minutes where you let him and Thomas do their thing. Start with KD, Simmons, Dinwiddie, DFS (or O'Neal) and Claxton........you pretty much need Dinwiddie to create when KD needs a play off don't you?

They almost have three lineups to rotate:
- Starters - KD/Simmons/Dinwiddie/a wing (take your pick of DFS/Harris/O'Neal/Curry) and Claxton
- KD/Simmons and two wing shooters along with Claxton or a backup big
- Dinwiddie and Thomas, two wings and a backup big

You're right they need a big to work in behind Claxton.

I think they're stuck with Simmons. To me Dinwiddie fits in nicely as a second scorer and also quarterbacking the non-Durant minutes where you let him and Thomas do their thing. Start with KD, Simmons, Dinwiddie, DFS (or O'Neal) and Claxton........you pretty much need Dinwiddie to create when KD needs a play off don't you?

They almost have three lineups to rotate:
- Starters - KD/Simmons/Dinwiddie/a wing (take your pick of DFS/Harris/O'Neal/Curry) and Claxton
- KD/Simmons and two wing shooters along with Claxton or a backup big
- Dinwiddie and Thomas, two wings and a backup big

You're right they need a big to work in behind Claxton.

Yea I agree Dinwiddie fits for the guy while kd sits, although cam Thomas might be making a case for that roll!! Lol.

Lakers with a rare win on a trade.

This should get them into the 7-10 playoff.

Get ready for a few days of people betting their futures (insert burning money emoticon).

Need to move Slouchy Davis next.

That's smart by pelinka

Didnt mortgage future with both 1sts, and even having protection on ones going

Placated lebron without damaging when team when lebron's gone

Lakers are so much better with shooting now

Easy playoffs imo, maybe not even the play ins

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
Lakers dumped Westbrook for deangilo russell and beasly. Russell can knocked down 3s at a high clip. Solid move if they can conVINCE Ad To play the second half

What's hilarious is that team is just begging to make the playoffs :rofl:
West is wide open

Should be every teams goal

There is a 5 game difference from 3rd to 12th? Or something like that

And the teams in 1 and 2 have either a history of playoff disappointments or shannon Sharpe has put their season in a pretzel

Not everything is bad

West is wide open

Should be every teams goal

There is a 5 game difference from 3rd to 12th? Or something like that

And the teams in 1 and 2 have either a history of playoff disappointments or shannon Sharpe has put their season in a pretzel

Not everything is bad
Yeah that ain't winning shit but neither are most of the West outside of Denver or Memphis

Back