• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Thread for all Head Coaching Changes

Can the OLine improve significantly in one year at Nebraska? Can they get at least a B+ quarterback in the portal? Can they fix specials teams? Lots of question marks. This team can go anywhere from 4-8 to 7-5 next year depending on those things play out.

The talent is there. Several highly rated recruits with Corcoran, Benhart, Teddy P. Need cam to come back at center.

I think the thinking here is to get an adult in the room on offense with him. Frost is very good, but he hamstrung himself with such an inexperienced staff on that side of the ball. He schemes better than about anyone which is why we're the only team other than Ohio St that goes up and down the field on Wisconsin every year and why we had so many explosive plays this year. Red zone is an issue, penalties have been an issue, QB turnovers have been an issue. Too much stupid shit. Cut the stupid in half (not just on offense either) and we're 9-3.

That makes sense. I think Nebraska can possibly have a Michigan type season next year. Just awful luck this year, and making a few changes can help shore things up in a big way. Definitely will be improved next year, no matter the qb.

If that part of schedule stays the same...

I know discussions around the schedule are still being held. Trev isn't happy about at Wisconsin two years in a row, especially when they ducked our game last year, but like I said, Barry runs this league.

I know discussions around the schedule are still being held. Trev isn't happy about at Wisconsin two years in a row, especially when they ducked our game last year, but like I said, Barry runs this league.
Most of those should get switched from what I read.

All Corona related

Tony Elliot to UVA. Will be interesting to see how Dabo handles the replacements.

Tony Elliot to UVA. Will be interesting to see how Dabo handles the replacements.
Lost his OC, his DC and the AD. That's a huge turnover for one year. A new AD is one of the biggest disruptions for any football coach, But Dabo probably has enough power to name the new AD so that will help.

Lost his OC, his DC and the AD. That's a huge turnover for one year. A new AD is one of the biggest disruptions for any football coach, But Dabo probably has enough power to name the new AD so that will help.
Damn…..remember reading few years ago that they ain’t going anywhere…..then with DJ at the realm this year, their offense sputtered, now both DC and OC leaving too?

Let’s see if Dabo can find replacements like Saban does…….

Damn…..remember reading few years ago that they ain’t going anywhere…..then with DJ at the realm this year, their offense sputtered, now both DC and OC leaving too?

Let’s see if Dabo can find replacements like Saban does…….
You don't think Dabo wants to go to the NFL?

Can't see him wanting to forever stand in Saban's shadows in college

You don't think Dabo wants to go to the NFL?

Can't see him wanting to forever stand in Saban's shadows in college
Isn’t Saban like 71? That’s old….he gonna retire soon….

NFL ain’t cut out for a lot of guys….Saban knows that….now Urban Meyers is learning hard way….

If I were Dabo….I’ll make legacy at Clemson and it’s not like he’s not getting paid…..

NFL…..it’s all business and results…..2 year max and u out if no improvements……

NFL ain’t cut out for a lot of guys….Saban knows that….now Urban Meyers is learning hard way….

If I were Dabo….I’ll make legacy at Clemson and it’s not like he’s not getting paid…..

I get all of it but Dabo will forever be Saban's foot soldier unless he changes course

Personally I thin Saban is nowhere near retiring. He’s a workaholic. He doesn’t strike me as one that could go fishing full time. I think he doesn’t retire until health issues come into play or he drops dead still being employed. But who the hell knows.

I think this is a ho-hum hire for Oregon. You'd think this school could land someone with prior HC experience.
They have more resources than anyone West of the Mississippi outside of TX and OU

Strange hire for sure but there must be something there, they aren't remotely settling at this point

I think this is a ho-hum hire for Oregon. You'd think this school could land someone with prior HC experience.
Seems to me like Oregon could do better than hiring an unproven assistant.

Not knocking Lanning, because a lot of people claim he is a talented coach, but USC hires Riley, Oregon, which wants to challenge USC as Pac-12 kingpin, hires an assistant from a different part of the country. Seems kind of strange, but Oregon hired Willie Taggert and Mark Helfrich back to back so I guess I shouldn't be surprised

Theoretically, with Oregon’s facilities (they’re nicer than the Dallas cowboys) and Uncle Phil’s money combined with NIL agreements, couldn’t Oregon buy the best of the best each year?

OU has done pretty well with first time coaches, Switzer, Stoops, Riley. Clemson hit with Dabo. I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to who works out and who doesn't.

He’s odd but he’s starting off pretty well here. Frank Wilson hire then start offering the 3 stars locals that were borderline but want to play at LSU…coordinators gotta still be coaching in big games. Gotta think huh?

He’s odd but he’s starting off pretty well here. Frank Wilson hire then start offering the 3 stars locals that were borderline but want to play at LSU…coordinators gotta still be coaching in big games. Gotta think huh?
Kelly is going to do a great job for LSU and one of the reasons is what you pointed out. He's going to offer a different kind of player--guys who want to play for LSU so much they are willing to work their asses off and pay the price for four years to get the chance to do it.

No more Arik Gilbert types for LSU while he's there

He's won at every level doing it that way and he'll have access to more talent at LSU than he had at any other job

You won a Natty with Ed O and Les Miles. I'm guessing BK can coach circles around them. He'll be fine.

coordinators gotta still be coaching in big games.
Whoever he hires as coordinators will likely be damn good coaches. His ability to spot and hire good assistants is one of the reasons he has been so successful

Four of his assistants at CMU are now NFL head coaches, Robert Saleh and Matt LaFleur, and two more are NFL assistants, Tony Dews and Tony Oden. Another coach on that staff was Butch Jones. Two more on that staff are still with him, Quinn--who is now O-Line coach at LSU--and Elston, asst HC, D-line coach at N Dame.

Not many staffs--especially Group of Five staffs--have that kind of coaching talent on the same staff

Wasn’t sure where to put this. That’s interesting. He was painful to watch, no idea he had that position at UT

Back