• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Thread for all Head Coaching Changes

Only problem is he is getting up in age? He's gotta be a tad more creative on offense but what he did this year was amazing.

ND campus is a special place. It's like heaven on earth or some shit for college. Just a good feeling on that campus and hard to explain. The lore/tradition is amazing.

Lincoln Riley can eat a bag of dicks on the daily. Dude did OU dirty. 2 weeks from ESD, already recruiting players that were committed to OU.

Trying to decipher the smoke from the fire with this stuff is fun

Shane Beamer/OU seems like it'll be trendy this morning before it's done

Sounds like Bob Stoops is definitely coaching the bowl game for OU, figure they need to hire someone soon before early signing though

Trying to decipher the smoke from the fire with this stuff is fun

Shane Beamer/OU seems like it'll be trendy this morning before it's done
If they are offering, he should be signing. Seems like a big step down from Riley.

Venables/Lebby duo for OU. Pretty good combo. I think Lebby would've done well as HC there even.

I like Mark Stoops for Oklahoma. Not sure if Venables can/wants to be a head coach. May be an underlying medical condition preventing him from that also.

Losing Brent Pry to VT hurts for sure. But glad for him. By all accounts from past and present players, he is a stand up guy (and that is while coaching under the used car salesman for years)!

Espn just ran Urban Meyer has no interest in College return.

Isn’t he like, done after this? Unless it’s a two directions type school.

Not always about the money. Kelly and Riley could've gotten more at ND and OU? No? The extensions and raises existing coaches got at their current schools tells me yes they could've, if it was just about the money.

Wouldn't Kelly have seeked a raise from Notre Dame if he really wanted to stay there? He didn't. So in that case it is less about the money then actually just wanting a different school.

Wouldn't Oklahoma have paid Riley more if they knew he was considering leaving if it was just about the money? It doesn't sound like there were any discussions about something more for Riley at OU, because it had more to do with not wanting to have to compete in the grind of a new 16 team SEC.

I have to think that many times it comes down to the coaches wanting a change, prove something to somebody or to themselves that they can do it somewhere else, build something else, try something else, wanting some strange you know.

If you are happy where you are, then you try and stay there if you can be compensated appropriately based on market value. Kelly and Riley never gave their former employers that opportunity, so it wasn't about the money.

I'm surprised some crusading journalist hasn't taken up the charge to shame the college coaches for their salaries like they do with big CEO compensation. Maybe somebody already has.

Back