• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Thread for all Head Coaching Changes

Being scared of something and simply not wanting to do it aren't the same thing.

Reactions: KJ
Not so much scared, as knowing that 9-3 in the SEC can mean you did a really good job, and also you’re about to be fired
Can certainly see him not wanting to compete for recruiting that part of the country, that seems like a ton of sleepless nights

Right. It's just a graveyard for coaches. Plus, what division would they be in, will they be divisions, how many league games will there be, how do you rely more upon recruiting the south to come to OU with all the existing relationships? Have an "off" season and it feels like the world is ending.

Thing that's part of the appeal

Only 2 big names in usc and oregon

UCLA and UW probly 3rd and 4th

Hes gonna have a lot easier ride to the playoff than in the new sec at Oklahoma

Utah always pretty good. Cfb committee doesn't like pac though.

Miami is giving Cristobal a blank check if they fire Mandy at all. Kiffin should be the guy and he clearly wants it but they don't have the guts to hire him.

Cristobal is better than anything they've had in 20 years though.

Rather Aranda than Napier and by a bit

Know quantity

Maybe Napier can plow through SEC recruiting but many have lost their ways trying

Offense wins. Napier is a mirror image of Matt Campbell. If you like holding the ball to 02 on the playclock then I guess he's for some teams.

Florida needs a culture change though. It's a solid hire to change that.

Rather Aranda than Napier and by a bit

Know quantity

Maybe Napier can plow through SEC recruiting but many have lost their ways trying
Oh me too, let me make that clear. Aranda over a million times.

I think Napier can be pretty good at FLA if he lets go of offense a bit….let’s see his hire, but rumor was he open. He’s gonna get more LA kids there than anyone has in a while brother. The good ones…like, nab the Jamar Chase type shit.

Oh me too, let me make that clear. Aranda over a million times.

I think Napier can be pretty good at FLA if he lets go of offense a bit….let’s see his hire, but rumor was he open. He’s gonna get more LA kids there than anyone has in a while brother. The good ones…like, nab the Jamar Chase type shit.

If he changes philosophy and gets a good oc it's a great hire.

Saw a valuation of the top 25 CFB programs in the country yesterday and only Oregon and USC were higher in the Pac than UW

Naturally #1 is A&M

In terms of potential I dont think anyone else is ahead of them

They are not it right now, but the right person and they can compete consistently
They were pretty average for a long time after Don James left. I'll be surprised if they don't stay average for some time. I don't think they'll find another Chris Peterson.

They were pretty average for a long time after Don James left. I'll be surprised if they don't stay average for some time. I don't think they'll find another Chris Peterson.
My whole thing is if I understood valuation correctly, it's not just revenue but facilities, naming rights, brand, etc which means it could be very attractive for someone who doesn't want to feel like they have to go 10-2 every year. Doesn't suck that it's in a pretty hip city/area.

Back