• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Superbowl matchupthread 2022 2023

skanless13

We come in peace
Have done this the last couple years and it’s always fun. Goal is to pick the Superbowl matchup as early as possible WITHOUT moving off of it. I’ll have to go back to last year’s thread to see who won… actually, maybe no one since it was such an odd matchup.

Anyways, I know we’ve already had 1 game, but my preseason pick was Buffalo vs 49ers.

Let’s see what everyone has. We can update after each week.

What was I sniffing here?

NFC the little sister this year. Healthy Tampa may be it.
Yeah. I could make an argument for around 10 AFC teams having a good chance. In the NFC I’d say there are maybe 6 I could make an argument for.

Sure seems like Tampa is emerging with Brady looking chippy in his last season.
In the AFC I want to see Allen survive these run options an entire season. If he does its,
Bills vs Bucs

Sticking with Buffalo vs Tampa for now though obviously concerns.
Buffalo v Philly looking like it right now.

After week 5

Buffalo vs……. Ummmmm……. I guess Tampa Bay though could easily see at least 6 other teams

Last edited:
After week 6, I gotta be off TB and Philly looking real.

Though it’s chalky as hell give me Buff vs Philly

KC vs Dallas as 2nd choice

Have y’all ever seen such mediocrity? We “know” it’s parity the goal but wow.

Bills vs Niners

Final answer

I’ll stick with Buffalo vs Philly. Super chalky, but seems most likely.

If not those 2 teams, I think I’d go with KC vs…..SF?

Giants vs Broncos.

How often do young QBs make it in To SB , that just run around alot? Hardly ever.
Mahomes is more like Elway than Fields or Hurt.
Every year people jump the frontrunner bandwagon. Philadelphia will faulter in playoffs. Bills can't run. Jets can't actually throw consistently.
The second half of season will be a 180 to the first half.
Things are ugly. 8/9, 9/8 teams are getting in playoffs.

Giants vs Broncos.

How often do young QBs make it in To SB , that just run around alot? Hardly ever.
Every year people jump the frontrunner bandwagon. Philadelphia will faulter in playoffs. Bills can't run. Jets can't actually throw consistently.

Giants vs Broncos.

With a Donks ticket to win it all from February, I'll take this!

AFC

Bills
Chefs

Ravens
Titans
Bengals
Fins
Pats
Browns
Jets
Chargers

NFC

Eags
49ers
Cowboys
Vikes
Seahawks
Bucs
Rams
Giants
Cards
Packers
Bears
Falcs

Ranked by chance in getting to SB, just my gut, not really looking at schedules or anything.

This thread is only about one choice.
One shot.
Someone make a more liberal thread.
Like your possible top teams per conference at this point.

Yep Buffalo had a bad day. Still sticking with Buffalo vs Philly

I still like niners, think they been my nfc pick. I would like a do over with raiders, worst part is I still keep thinking they bout to turn it on and keep losing my ass betting them,

That show had to be fake. Yeah, things could get weird or violent if real. And where are they hiding all the authorities when the bad guy just willingly walks into a home.

The authorities come and arrest them after at the home. Watch the podcasts.

Maybe I am fucking crazy but I'm warming up to Seattle. Run game is en fuego.

I don’t think anything that happens tomorrow will change this for me, unless Hurts gets Hurt ha.
I’ll stick with Buffalo vs Philly, but man KC starting to look really good!

Back