• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Super Bowl Discussion Thread: Eagles vs. Chiefs

As suspected sounding like hardman probably won’t play, I didn’t think he would be able to go since he re-injured the same thing that landed him on the IR. Might be wise to see how many of kc wrs will be able to play? lol. Havnt heard much bout toney or ju ju., just that Reid was “optimistic about their chances to play”.

As suspected sounding like hardman probably won’t play, I didn’t think he would be able to go since he re-injured the same thing that landed him on the IR. Might be wise to see how many of kc wrs will be able to play? lol. Havnt heard much bout toney or ju ju., just that Reid was “optimistic about their chances to play”.

Tony and Ju-Ju didn't practice this week and are listed as questionable, but I feel like they're both going to go. The only question is, how effective will they be.

One other thing I thought about today is that If I was KC, I think I know how I'd attack this Eagles' offense.

First, I would load up the box. You're not stopping this Eagles running game without help. So I would put this all on Hurts. Yes, you'd be leaving their WRs essentially one on one, but I would try to do to Philly what Carolina did to the Eagles in the NFC Championship back in 2004. I would manhandle the fuck out of their WRs. I'd tell my CBs, I don't care if you take flags for holding, just don't take spot foul PI calls. I would force the refs to call defensive holding on virtually every play. They won't. Not in the SB. Oh, they may throw a couple early. But if you just keep at it, which is risky, but I think the refs break before you do.

My guess is, KC had the same reaction to that play where Jalen badly overthrew AJB early in the NFC Championship that everyone did. That pass fucking sucked. It was bad from the moment it left his hand. What if that's because of the shoulder? If you already know this running game will kill you if you don't add help, don't you give them that help and think, 'Maybe his shoulder isn't that good. Either way, he's a second year guy, can he really beat us throwing the ball 40 times?'

Again, it's risky, but I'm not sure it's any more risky than playing base defense and having the Birds run all over you all day which just opens up the passing game. It would also really be a recipe for the over. Because either Hurts is going to fucking kill you, or he's going to turn the ball over. Or both. Either way, it's points city.

Just a thought. Among many. Because Joe has way too much time to think about one single Birds game.

Tony and Ju-Ju didn't practice this week and are listed as questionable, but I feel like they're both going to go. The only question is, how effective will they be.

One other thing I thought about today is that If I was KC, I think I know how I'd attack this Eagles' offense.

First, I would load up the box. You're not stopping this Eagles running game without help. So I would put this all on Hurts. Yes, you'd be leaving their WRs essentially one on one, but I would try to do to Philly what Carolina did to the Eagles in the NFC Championship back in 2004. I would manhandle the fuck out of their WRs. I'd tell my CBs, I don't care if you take flags for holding, just don't take spot foul PI calls. I would force the refs to call defensive holding on virtually every play. They won't. Not in the SB. Oh, they may throw a couple early. But if you just keep at it, which is risky, but I think the refs break before you do.

My guess is, KC had the same reaction to that play where Jalen badly overthrew AJB early in the NFC Championship that everyone did. That pass fucking sucked. It was bad from the moment it left his hand. What if that's because of the shoulder? If you already know this running game will kill you if you don't add help, don't you give them that help and think, 'Maybe his shoulder isn't that good. Either way, he's a second year guy, can he really beat us throwing the ball 40 times?'

Again, it's risky, but I'm not sure it's any more risky than playing base defense and having the Birds run all over you all day which just opens up the passing game. It would also really be a recipe for the over. Because either Hurts is going to fucking kill you, or he's going to turn the ball over. Or both. Either way, it's points city.

Just a thought. Among many. Because Joe has way too much time to think about one single Birds game.

Totally agree, you gotta make hurts prove he can beat ya. You know you getting beat if they run for 200+ so don’t let them do it. Nobody has seen hurts throw the ball well since he got hurt, granted leaving corners on a island w those wrs might make throwing a lot easier, I don’t know they got anyone who can bother brown by being physical? But bottom line I rather get beat by them throwing than running all over me and controlling the game.

As sports radio pivots more to the game today, it's early, but it feels like it's going to go the way you'd imagined. 'Mahomes is the greatest in the game,' 'Is this Eagles team really that good,' etc. I heard someone today say that KC really only needs one of Ju-Ju or Toney to play to take care of business because, well, you know, they're just that much better.

Again, it's early, but if this is how the conversation is going to go, you might see this thing get to a PK -110/-110 by Sunday. Especially if KC puts out the injury report that you think they will, Mahomes full participant in practice, the others still questionable.

I have made it a point not to watch any of the talking heads this week...all hot air during this week for the most part.

I'll also preface this by saying i have MAJOR Chiefs fatigue. I don't need to see Spags and his 19 face lifts or Andy in his Kool-Aid poncho any more than you do.

But are we really making the best QB in the sport (hands down) and an easy 1st time HOF head coach underdogs against a 1st team Super Bowl QB and HC? Is there anyone better at preparing a game plan than Fat Andy? Is there anyone better at overcoming flaws in the gameplan than Patty 15? Belichick won a SB (vs Andy) with an entire secondary of backups. Are you telling me Patty cant win 1 without big time wide outs? Nah, not buying that.

And extremely concerning to me is the health status of Jalen. How healthy is he exactly? Full health gameplan is a lot different than maybe a 60% health game plan for Philly.

Everyone is talking about the Eagles OL and DL and they are very, very good. But that doesn't mean the Chiefs OL and DL are bad. In fact, I think they're being overlooked. Spags keeps a bend don't break D that often doesn't get the credit they deserve.

I just need to see Philly against a big-time opponent show me something before I'm a believer. Their schedule all year was nothing to overly impressed by and I'll take experience here. Would love to see this go back up to 2 and beyond, but if the injury report is better than suspected for KC, it could easily go to pick.

I have made it a point not to watch any of the talking heads this week...all hot air during this week for the most part.

This is just super smart, really.

Interesting point about the line because I was also convinced it would start much closer to where Circa started it. Maybe not +2.5, but probably 1.5 or 2. Thing is, it's the SB, so you get a lot of bigger bettors purely hedging back their positions on futures to lock in a profit. Honestly, I'm not sure how much of that early money move toward the Eagles was as much sharp money as it was just moving money around. Personally I expected to be able to get the Birds on the open at like +105. By the time I got it, it was already moving from a PK to -1. I then had to let the dust settle for days just to get the ML back to -120.

But I feel like at -1ish either way this line is lined right. If Mahomes was 100% healthy I think you see this number flipped from where it is right now and probably closing at -2/2.5 by game time. But he's not, or at least, the world sees him as not based on everything leading up to and in the AFC Championship.

And I agree on Reid. The guy is great off a bye. That said, he had two weeks to prepare for Tampa in the Super Bowl and that team put up 9 points. And, I would argue, the OL/DL for Philly is better than that same combination for Tampa at the time. Of course, the other side of that argument is that KC's OL wasn't healthy for that game.

Honestly, these teams are so evenly matched in a lot of ways, you can make a very compelling argument either way. It's also interesting to me that you have a number of really young guys in very key positions who will likely decide this thing. Hurts is a second year starter, KC's secondary is made up of rookies. Devonta Smith, second year, Skyy Moore—who may have to play significant snaps because of the other injuries—rookie. That's not me making an argument either way, fwiw, just something sort of fascinating imo.

In 4 years I've never seen Spags "load up the box". He'll sit back with his 7 man front and let Josh Jacobs pound him for 200 yards, he just doesn't want to get beat deep. Bend/don't break.

It felt like he didn't blitz Burrow nearly at all. Once Sneed got hurt he sat back in the secondary, tried to mix up coverages and reads. That's his style + he'll usually send the house especially on 3rd downs.

I'm most concerned about the QB run game. Usually kills us.

do the eagles do what the bucs did to patty in the superbowl? Can the chiefs oline stop it if they try? Or was it more element of surprised when the bucs did it and now Kc will be prepared?

do the eagles do what the bucs did to patty in the superbowl? Can the chiefs oline stop it if they try? Or was it more element of surprised when the bucs did it and now Kc will be prepared?
Interesting point…I’ve heard a lot of that discussion. But if I’m not mistaken, I think KC was down 3 starters on the O line for that game. Bucs front 7 just went to school on that make shift O line.

Chiefs were down two Pro Bowl tackles and a guard for that Super Bowl.

In this one they have a top 5 line and everyone is healthy.

FWIW, a few statistical streaks to consider...

Up until the early 1990s it was expected for the SB loser to score 20 pts or less. Of the 25 SB held up until (& incl.) 1991, only 2 losing teams managed to score 21 pts or more (1979 & 1982).

Since 1992, 13 of 31 SB losers have scored 21 pts or more. The longest streak of SB's in that time frame to have seen losers score 20 pts or less is 4. One of those streaks was from 1999-2002 (19, 16, 7, 17), and the second streak exists live as of now: 2019-2022 losers scored 3, 20, 9 & 20 pts.

The last time 5 straight SB losers scored 20 or less was between 1987-1991.

----------------------------

The last 6 SB have featured at least one number 3 in the final scoreline (23-20, 31-9, 31-20, 13-3, 41-33, 34-28). The previous longest streak for SB scorelines containing at least one 3 was 5 (from 1997-2001). The next longest streak after that was 3 SB (twice). Of the 56 SB played to date, 30 have featured a scoreline with a 3 in it (53.6%) vs. 26 that haven't (46.4%). Which means before this current 6 SB streak, more SB had NOT featured a 3 in the scoreline (26) than had (24). It's a dreadful turn of phrase, but we're past due a SB scoreline without a 3 in it.

Only 3 of 56 SB have been decided by a 7 pts margin (1973, 1998, 2000).

Only once in SB history have consecutive SB been decided by margins of 3 pts or less (2004-2005). 2022 was decided by 3 pts.

The last time consecutive SB featured a winning team score of 23 pts or less was 1975-1976. 2022's winner scored 23 pts.

The more I think about this game the more I like KC. Mahomes behind a healthy oline. The experience of Spags/Reid and the KC roster. Mahomes threw for 326 last game while Hurts has 275 the entire postseason makes me wonder who’s more injured? I know Philly has blown through their postseason opponents but all the more reason to question some of the passes Hurts has looked bad on.
I now have seven 4 team 13pt teasers heading into SB57. Last legs of teasers are a combo of over 37& 38, Philly +10.5 or better, KC +14 or better. Much like Kelce’s mom, I’ll be rooting for offense and a game down to the wire.

Have put zero thought into this game until this morning

I really hope Andy's kid Britt gets to somehow put down several k on this game

Not talking Special k, just cash

FWIW, a few statistical streaks to consider...

Up until the early 1990s it was expected for the SB loser to score 20 pts or less. Of the 25 SB held up until (& incl.) 1991, only 2 losing teams managed to score 21 pts or more (1979 & 1982).

Since 1992, 13 of 31 SB losers have scored 21 pts or more. The longest streak of SB's in that time frame to have seen losers score 20 pts or less is 4. One of those streaks was from 1999-2002 (19, 16, 7, 17), and the second streak exists live as of now: 2019-2022 losers scored 3, 20, 9 & 20 pts.

The last time 5 straight SB losers scored 20 or less was between 1987-1991.

The last 6 SB have featured at least one number 3 in the final scoreline (23-20, 31-9, 31-20, 13-3, 41-33, 34-28). The previous longest streak for SB scorelines containing at least one 3 was 5 (from 1997-2001). The next longest streak after that was 3 SB (twice). Of the 56 SB played to date, 30 have featured a scoreline with a 3 in it (53.6%) vs. 26 that haven't (46.4%). Which means before this current 6 SB streak, more SB had NOT featured a 3 in the scoreline (26) than had (24). It's a dreadful turn of phrase, but we're past due a SB scoreline without a 3 in it.

Only 3 of 56 SB have been decided by a 7 pts margin (1973, 1998, 2000).

Only once in SB history have consecutive SB been decided by margins of 3 pts or less (2004-2005). 2022 was decided by 3 pts.

The last time consecutive SB featured a winning team score of 23 pts or less was 1975-1976. 2022's winner scored 23 pts.
OK, so no 3 in the final score....loser >21 and winner >23....margin >3 but not 7....28-24 is the first thought but it's tough to get because its only happening one way....last score would need to be the game-winning TD as trailing team scoring last would not be a FG and if it's a TD they would go for two down 28-23.

I'm gonna say 27-22 final. Winning team can either get 3 TDs and 2 FGs or a missed XP on 4 TDs. Losing team can score last in a 27-16 game and fail on 2 point conversion, or winning team can be up 27-20 late and backed up on their goal line and take a safety, or just ton of FGs as both teams stall in the red zone.

Any books have that as an exact final score?

The more I think about this game the more I like KC. Mahomes behind a healthy oline. The experience of Spags/Reid and the KC roster. Mahomes threw for 326 last game while Hurts has 275 the entire postseason makes me wonder who’s more injured? I know Philly has blown through their postseason opponents but all the more reason to question some of the passes Hurts has looked bad on.
I now have seven 4 team 13pt teasers heading into SB57. Last legs of teasers are a combo of over 37& 38, Philly +10.5 or better, KC +14 or better. Much like Kelce’s mom, I’ll be rooting for offense and a game down to the wire.
I saw Hurts' passing charts before and after the injury and wow the one after is not great, especially to the right. However, the 2 playoff games almost have to be ignored since they were both blowouts. Just another mystery heading into this game. I'd love to see the Chiefs have success stopping the run and keeping Hurts in the pocket. If he beats us with his arm then I'll take that L.

worth a listen.

I'm gonna say 27-22 final. Winning team can either get 3 TDs and 2 FGs or a missed XP on 4 TDs. Losing team can score last in a 27-16 game and fail on 2 point conversion, or winning team can be up 27-20 late and backed up on their goal line and take a safety, or just ton of FGs as both teams stall in the red zone.

This would be the weirdest push on a total I've ever had.

Can we also just admit that the injury report for this game is clearly complete and total bullshit? Everyone knows KC isn't fully healthy. Fucking Lane Johnson needs surgery on his groin. Landon Dickerson has an elbow issue. Yes, yes, everybody practiced for both teams, but to say both teams are fully healthy, please.

That said, the report does confirm what we all suspected, KC's WRs are definitely playing here, they probably would have needed to be missing limbs to sit it out.

I can’t even think of or recall the last time kc lost by more than a td? Maybe the last SB loss? Only time I can recall a mahomes team getting whipped.

Have put zero thought into this game until this morning

I really hope Andy's kid Britt gets to somehow put down several k on this game

Not talking Special k, just cash

I gave it some thought for a day or 2 after conf championships, havnt really watched, listened, talked much about it since, I need to spend a little time looking thru props but havnt had time and/or motivation yet. Pretty much knew I was gonna be on afc team well before I knew who was even playing. No chance it being mahomes/kc was gonna change my mind, afc just better.

I can’t even think of or recall the last time kc lost by more than a td? Maybe the last SB loss? Only time I can recall a mahomes team getting whipped.
Bro, the ass whipping Philly put on the Giants & 9ers is kind of blinding fans on this talented well coached KC team.
Correct me if I’m wrong but this Super Bowl is 1 of the more intriguing matchups with areas of dominance.
Mahomes & Reid vs Phily D. Philly run O vs Spags and his history of being creative to beat the greatest franchise of our generation twice in a Super Bowl.

No secret where my loyalty lies. Philly is such a good team. I backed them in both playoff games, nothing but admiration here.

However.. I was more nervous about the AFCG.

I’ll toss props up tomorrow. GL to all

Bro, the ass whipping Philly put on the Giants & 9ers is kind of blinding fans on this talented well coached KC team.
Correct me if I’m wrong but this Super Bowl is 1 of the more intriguing matchups with areas of dominance.
Mahomes & Reid vs Phily D. Philly run O vs Spags and his history of being creative to beat the greatest franchise of our generation twice in a Super Bowl.

I sometimes forget spags was dc of those crappy giants teams that kept beating Brady, lol. Eli should thank him several times when getting his golden jacket.

I havnt watched a lick of the coverage this week which is kinda nice but odd in the sense I dunno if I’m repeating things the bobble heads been saying.

I think it a interesting matchup in the sense I think kc wins but I’m not close to confident enough to bet a bunch on it, For being a game I think there solid arguments for both sides I have a feeling it doesn’t turn out to be all that close, that kinda unusual. I had no doubt cincy/kc was gonna pretty much come down to last drive of the game, I really don’t feel like that how this gonna be. While I think there cases for both sides I don’t think it lends itself to being back and forth, maybe it a tale of 2 halves and ends up close because one team dominates early and the other storms back?

Maybe im off my rocker cause im saying this all the while I don’t think for a second that mahomes/kc getting blown out. I guess that means deep down I think kc wins in rather convincing fashion. Unless Hurts throws the ball way better than he has since coming back I can’t imagine kc allows eagles run game to control things. I don’t think this gonna look anything like tampa dline did against a decimated kc oline last time they were here. I believe kc offense gonna be able to do pretty much whatever it is they decide the best way to attack Philly d. Maybe im more confident in kc than I realize?

For as incredible chiefs have been the last 3-4 years and I’d say every afc championship game being played at their stadium since mahomes took over is pretty damn incredible, they have yet to look all that amazing in a SB. They easily coulda lost to the niners had Jimmy g made one throw, then they look terrible with a beat up line against tampa. I dunno, I get the feeling this is a KC masterpiece and kinda a crowning achievement in what becoming close to a dynasty. Is that crazy? I just don’t think the nfc was good at all, I’ve seen some offenses I don’t think were all that great put up points on Philly, I watched Dak throw for 350 on them, it not their fault they didn’t beat anyone close to as good as cincy in the playoffs but that doesn’t make it not accurate. This great defense hasn’t had the privilege of playing any great qbs have they? Pretty sure I’m gaining confidence as this 1st time I’ve thought or talked bout it most the week. I could be totally wrong tho, who knows? Lol

I'm on the Chiefs but I'm starting to like Hurts even more. I was watching Mic'd Up on the NFL Network tonight and they had an in-game shot of Hurts on the sideline from earlier in the season, sitting next to Minshew. An Eagles ball boy walks up holding a headband and says "Do you need this?" Hurts accepts it and the boy extends his hand and says "Hi, I'm Tyler". Hurts responds: "Nice to meet you. Thank you for your help today."

Simple, but a really cool reaction by Hurts and the type thing you want to see from these guys.

In three NFL playoff games, Hurts is a cumulative 54-of-92 (58.7 completion percentage) for 533 yards (177.6 average) with three touchdowns, two interceptions and four sacks. He also rushed for 37.3 yards a game and carried the ball for two scores.

His best game featured 16-of-24 passing for 154 yards and two touchdowns against the New York Giants in last month’s NFC divisional game.

Those numbers haven't gone unnoticed. San Francisco 49ers kicker Robbie Gould had this assessment of Hurts this week: "if you make Jalen Hurts play quarterback, you're going to have a pretty solid day on defense."

I'm on the Chiefs but I'm starting to like Hurts even more. I was watching Mic'd Up on the NFL Network tonight and they had an in-game shot of Hurts on the sideline from earlier in the season, sitting next to Minshew. An Eagles ball boy walks up holding a headband and says "Do you need this?" Hurts accepts it and the boy extends his hand and says "Hi, I'm Tyler". Hurts responds: "Nice to meet you. Thank you for your help today."

Simple, but a really cool reaction by Hurts and the type thing you want to see from these guys.

I love Hurts as a leader and person, I think he has done a fantastic job working on his game every year going back to college. The problem is he has not been the same passer since coming back, either the shoulder hurt or all the time off hurt his mechanics, either possible be he absolutely hadn’t thrown the ball the same since coming back. Maybe these extra 2 weeks will change that but I’m absolutely more concerned about him than mahomes ankle.

In three NFL playoff games, Hurts is a cumulative 54-of-92 (58.7 completion percentage) for 533 yards (177.6 average) with three touchdowns, two interceptions and four sacks. He also rushed for 37.3 yards a game and carried the ball for two scores.

His best game featured 16-of-24 passing for 154 yards and two touchdowns against the New York Giants in last month’s NFC divisional game.

Those numbers haven't gone unnoticed. San Francisco 49ers kicker Robbie Gould had this assessment of Hurts this week: "if you make Jalen Hurts play quarterback, you're going to have a pretty solid day on defense."

He played fantastic before the injury. He either still hurt or the time off and maybe the pain in shoulder has had his mechanics go to shit. It not like he w naturally gifted thrower of the football, he has had to put in all kinds of work to be a consistently accurate passer, something got lost after the injury, if he doesn’t get it figured out kc wins this game by a td or more.

Mahomes is gonna paint a masterpiece in
This game, with a assist from Reid play calling and protection the oline gonna give him, the screen game gonna exploit that eagles rush early on and think Pacheco will also help soften them up.

Im thinking mahomes ov passing yards, Pacheco ov rush/rec/kc team total over, and kc to win same game parlay, should be pretty nice odds. Maybe get greedy and throw in a kelce td or toney td also!

Will c/p what I posted on FB last night, I stand by everything. Don't get arrested but if you do the deed, please do tell.

I have absolutely no opinion on the Super Bowl. Know a lot of Chiefs and Eagles fans, none actually suck.

That said....if you wan't to pull the fan prank on Sat night, Chiefs are staying at Hyatt Gainey Ranch in Scottsdale, Eagles are staying at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass.

Phone numbers are pretty easy to look up.

I love Hurts as a leader and person, I think he has done a fantastic job working on his game every year going back to college. The problem is he has not been the same passer since coming back, either the shoulder hurt or all the time off hurt his mechanics, either possible be he absolutely hadn’t thrown the ball the same since coming back. Maybe these extra 2 weeks will change that but I’m absolutely more concerned about him than mahomes ankle.

I don't know how you can be a better person, in the heat of a game, than to find a way to make a young kid's day / year. Simply by acknowledging and thanking him.

Wish this clip would get shown to the country. Maybe we wouldn't be in such a fucked up place if this happened more often.

It really admire those of you who've watched very little about this game this week. Joe's a mess. He's watched everything. It's to the point where I'm watching which animals have picked which team. KC has a giraffe, an orangutan, I think a tiger maybe, and a hippo. The Birds have a groundhog, a couple of other things like a big cat of some kind, and we have a hippo too. And, truth be told, the hippo that picked the Chiefs is 2-5 picking SBs, so let's be real here. Her baby brother on the other hand, this is his first SB and I like his confidence.

Anyway, it's also funny that Cap and I are almost exactly in the same place on other sides of the coin. I, too, was more worried about the Championship. SF's defense worried me a lot—as it should anybody really. And the entire week leading up to the AFC Championship, I said I wanted Cincy if the Birds got through. But the more that game went on, the more I wanted KC. I still think Philly's DL would have had a field day against that banged up Cincy line, but Cincy has the best WR corps in the league. You're not going to get home on every play. That meant it would have had to be a shootout and vs. Joe Burrow I'm not crazy about that.

But two things keep jumping out at me from everything I've heard this week about Spags and the KC defense. One was the way Spags switched it up to beat Brady. Apparently the trick was to bring his safeties down a few steps. This allowed everything to compress on NE's WRs. That meant that all those quick throws Brady was so good at were never gimmies against the Giants. They were always contested, which made long drives extremely difficult.

Which brings me to something @aplous said. If Spags is really going to sit back, play two high, and try not to get beat deep, I think KC may be in for a really long day. Because if you're just going to have seven in there and tell them to stop this running game, that is a monster ask. And I don't think you're going to be happy with the results. I go back to the NFC Championship game where SF had LBs—arguably the strongest part of the best defense in the league—repeatedly caught flat-footed because of the RPO. You need help vs. a running game like this.

And I know they've said Spags has reached out to some college coaches over the last week-plus about stopping the RPO. And I genuinely respect the dude for what he did in Philly and NY. But if the goal is to open up the middle a bit and dare Philly beat you by pulling off long drives, you really may be playing right into what the Eagles want. Because they won't throw into that space, they'll run into it, for like five yards a pop, because that's what they do best.

Anyway, at this point you know what you're getting from me. I ride or die with this Birds team. And I like the matchup.

Ooh, one thing I will say though if you like KC. The second half of this game may be something to watch. Because although the Eagles haven't needed to be great in a lot of second halves this year, they genuinely haven't been great in second halves this year. Usually because they outscore everyone in the 2nd quarter by so much, but still.

Meanwhile, I've mentioned this before, but I don't see a lot of adjustments from Andy Reid as games go on. So there's a chance this thing goes into half 13-10 and still ends 34-27 because the Eagles can't stop anyone and KC won't adjust and it just goes back and forth.

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
Not a game I’m going to overthink. I just think Philly is a slightly better team top to bottom. Can’t ever feel great about betting against Mahomes even with a dinged up wheel. Doubt any of us will be surprised how it turns out unless there’s a curb stomping. Also rolling with Hurts longest rush ov 13.5. I’ll do my part on the 1.5 billion Chkn wings consumed today along with prolly too many silver bullets. Cheers and GLTA

It really admire those of you who've watched very little about this game this week. Joe's a mess. He's watched everything. It's to the point where I'm watching which animals have picked which team. KC has a giraffe, an orangutan, I think a tiger maybe, and a hippo. The Birds have a groundhog, a couple of other things like a big cat of some kind, and we have a hippo too. And, truth be told, the hippo that picked the Chiefs is 2-5 picking SBs, so let's be real here. Her baby brother on the other hand, this is his first SB and I like his confidence.

Anyway, it's also funny that Cap and I are almost exactly in the same place on other sides of the coin. I, too, was more worried about the Championship. SF's defense worried me a lot—as it should anybody really. And the entire week leading up to the AFC Championship, I said I wanted Cincy if the Birds got through. But the more that game went on, the more I wanted KC. I still think Philly's DL would have had a field day against that banged up Cincy line, but Cincy has the best WR corps in the league. You're not going to get home on every play. That meant it would have had to be a shootout and vs. Joe Burrow I'm not crazy about that.

But two things keep jumping out at me from everything I've heard this week about Spags and the KC defense. One was the way Spags switched it up to beat Brady. Apparently the trick was to bring his safeties down a few steps. This allowed everything to compress on NE's WRs. That meant that all those quick throws Brady was so good at were never gimmies against the Giants. They were always contested, which made long drives extremely difficult.

Which brings me to something @aplous said. If Spags is really going to sit back, play two high, and try not to get beat deep, I think KC may be in for a really long day. Because if you're just going to have seven in there and tell them to stop this running game, that is a monster ask. And I don't think you're going to be happy with the results. I go back to the NFC Championship game where SF had LBs—arguably the strongest part of the best defense in the league—repeatedly caught flat-footed because of the RPO. You need help vs. a running game like this.

And I know they've said Spags has reached out to some college coaches over the last week-plus about stopping the RPO. And I genuinely respect the dude for what he did in Philly and NY. But if the goal is to open up the middle a bit and dare Philly beat you by pulling off long drives, you really may be playing right into what the Eagles want. Because they won't throw into that space, they'll run into it, for like five yards a pop, because that's what they do best.

Anyway, at this point you know what you're getting from me. I ride or die with this Birds team. And I like the matchup.

Ooh, one thing I will say though if you like KC. The second half of this game may be something to watch. Because although the Eagles haven't needed to be great in a lot of second halves this year, they genuinely haven't been great in second halves this year. Usually because they outscore everyone in the 2nd quarter by so much, but still.

Meanwhile, I've mentioned this before, but I don't see a lot of adjustments from Andy Reid as games go on. So there's a chance this thing goes into half 13-10 and still ends 34-27 because the Eagles can't stop anyone and KC won't adjust and it just goes back and forth.

The 9ers were caught flat footed on sudden change turnovers after forcing multiple 3 and outs after the first fluke drive by Philly…. just couldn’t sustain possessions on the other side of the ball. Wheels eventually had to fall off.

Mahomes is gonna paint a masterpiece in
This game, with a assist from Reid play calling and protection the oline gonna give him, the screen game gonna exploit that eagles rush early on and think Pacheco will also help soften them up.

Agree!

Only thought applied to this game so far is props on the TE for the Eagles. Everything has seemed fairly priced imo since lines opened. I read nothing into a line that barely crosses zero...among all the promos I have one boost available for Bart Scott o10 yards at +150, Means he likely gets 4 yds and two TDs.

Knew I'd call him Bart...obv Boston Scott. And be fitting if he won MVP with less than 10 yards.

You're good

Brazos, a 1,610 pound Asian elephant calf from the Fort Worth Zoo, has picked the Philadelphia Eagles to win Super Bowl LVII on Sunday.

You've got a sea dog on your side

I’ve decided Spags needs to send the damn house today. Blitz often and from all angles. Can’t sit back and let Hurts have time. Going to give up some big plays but that’s better than getting gashed for 6 yards a pop and letting Philly eat 8 minute drives.

I’ve decided Spags needs to send the damn house today. Blitz often and from all angles. Can’t sit back and let Hurts have time. Going to give up some big plays but that’s better than getting gashed for 6 yards a pop and letting Philly eat 8 minute drives.
Yeah I like this, it's kinda like putting on the full court press when you aren't necessarily great at it. Create pace even if it costs you a couple times. Can't see a scenario where Chiefs win if it's a ball control game. Would be a smart move, not good for under bettors (raises hand) but it's how they can control the tempo.

Look. I DO Like Trends...Some Are More Glaring Than Others...

Passing Yard Leaders (For The Season) Are 0-6 In The "Big Game"

Will Pat Make It 7?!

Hmmmmm

:shake:

I just bet more on 1st qrtr over 9.5 points than I planned on betting all game. Lol.. I been back wnd 4th in my head all week on this cause my perception is most SB start slow. Thing is both these teams start fast, when I was sitting there making plays I was just like fuck if I don’t believe we don’t get at least 10, one these teams gonna score a td on 1st drive. Then surely can get another fg!

Back