• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Summer 2019 Transfer News, Myths and Rumors

Looks like Bale to China ... 3 year 75 million

Golf is banned in China
Ya so it is the 1m a week that got him

Crazy money, good for him

Disappointing... But no more doubts that Bale is all about the money. Shame because I think he could have had a few more great seasons in Europe. But with such crazy money I’d have done the same I don’t know, still wish he had stayed in Madrid to outlast Zidane.

And seems like not one big euro club wanted him at his current wages, and Bale wanted no pay cut.. so China it is.

French talk show guys are convinced Madrid will find a way to get Pogba this summer. But Madrid trying to sell or loan all players Zidane deems unnecessary. They will probably bid for him and Pogba may push to leave.

Man Utd might have lined up Milinkovic-Savic from Lazio as replacement.

Inter still interested in Lukaku. Juventus may be interested too.

Dybala, Moise Kean could be available for transfers at Juve.

Pepe from Lille in negotiations to go to Napoli. Seems like his agents are demanding a lot of money as well as agents fee so let’s see.

It’s been rumored that Arsenal have made him an offer as well as Liverpool but for Arsenal I think it’s bullshit, could be just agent talk.

Malcom available. Dortmund interested. Arsenal might be interested as 2nd choice as well

Last edited:
French talk show guys are convinced Madrid will find a way to get Pogba this summer. But Madrid trying to sell or loan all players Zidane deems unnecessary. They will probably bid for him and Pogba may push to leave.

Man Utd might have lined up Milinkovic-Savic from Lazio as replacement.

Inter still interested in Lukaku. Juventus may be interested too.

Dybala, Moise Kean could be available for transfers at Juve.

Sms would be a huge get for united

What about the Spurs? What could happen soon?

Sessegnon in?
Lo Celso or Dybala in?

Danny Rose out?
Eriksen out?

I think rose out and sessegnon in is basically done

Lo celso is like 90% done and levy is haggling on price

The way all the uk writers had the dybala story at the same time, seems like spurs fed it to them, most spurs fans think its probably trying to get betis to drop their price on lo celso

I'd love it if dybala actually happened, would be an absolute coup, a monster deal, but I'd say I agree on it being a ploy to drop lo celso price

Would absolutely love to be proven wrong tho

Eriksen still think depends on madrid, but lo celso isnt dependent on eriksen staying or going spurs journos have said, if he stays with lo celso, so much depth in midfield

I'd take malcom at like 30% of the price of zaha anyday

If they get him, arsenals summer would be very strong, also smart good building for the future types

Yeah getting Malcom might be the smart buy. Younger, cheaper than Zaha.

Zaha was our number one choice for winger but no 2nd bid so not sure if we are still on him or if we moved to our other targets Malcom, Everton Soares. And lots of talk tonight of Pepe, supposedly we made an offer for him. No idea if it’s true.

Also still trying to close the deal with Tierney, I think it will be done in next few days, no other team on him so that should be doable.

I'm shocked the no other offers on Tierney, same with spurs being only real option for sessegnon

Weird market for left backs right now, I'd be all over chilwell too if I was a top 6 club, except liverpool who have robertson

I'm shocked the no other offers on Tierney, same with spurs being only real option for sessegnon

Weird market for left backs right now, I'd be all over chilwell too if I was a top 6 club, except liverpool who have robertson

Yeah it is surprising. But good for Spurs and Arsenal if they manage to get their left back.

At one point there was talk that Napoli was on Tierney as well but that may not have been true. And only Arsenal have had bids for him, 1st £15m, 2nd 25 but with a few millions of bonus. Celtic have been clear from the start they want 25m with no bonus. Hopefully it is done soon. Because Kolasinac is great at protecting his teammates but average on the pitch!

My guess is we were trying to save as much money to go for a winger. And we haven't spent that much money so far. Saliba €30m but only 5-6 to be paid this summer, Ceballos loan around £4m, Martinelli £7m.

Zidane may push even harder to get Pogba after this pathetic display.

Hazard was shit again. But not the only one. Surprised Bale came into the game in 2nd half if his transfer has been agreed before.

Atletico impressive they could have scored 10 easily

Wow did not see this one coming. Not done yet but seems close.

Ornstein said 2 weeks ago we were not in for Pepe so most assumed Zaha was the 1st choice and after that Malcom or Everon Soares. And I thought Pepe was too expensive for us honestly.

Only possible because Lille have agreed to be paid in 5 installments. I like that we tried for Zaha, didn't work, so we moved to the next targets and not wait until a week before window closes like Wenger used to do and end up with nothing.

If Zaha hadn't renewed his contract last year we might have gotten him instead. We bid for him £40m, he agitates for a move and 2 weeks later we bid for another winger £72m lol. Palace may have wanted to be paid more money upfront as well so that was not possible.

I see some criticism of Pepe on twitter by man utd and spurs fans saying he had a shit african cup. It seems he wasn't great so valid criticism. But he might have been the best player outside of PSG in the french league the last year or 2. Or among the best players anyway.

Younger than Zaha, will have good resale value. If we want in a year or 2 we could sell Auba or Laca or Pepe for good money to improve elsewhere with Nketiah coming up. Could be a bit like Liverpool a few years ago when they were great in attack but shit in defense, before selling Coutinho, getting van Dijk and Allison. Let's hope so.

But for now we should be fun to watch in attack while still most times shit in defense. Although I hope we can improve a little bit..

Have to say that if Spurs don’t sign Sess and LC I would consider it another bad transfer market after a champions league final

Still a lot of time you should be able to get a deal done for Sessegnon and Lo Celso. Or Dybala.

But still a lot of moving parts. I do think finally Pogba will end up in Madrid so what happens with Eriksen in that case I don't know.

We can also expect Man Utd to be busy especially if Pogba leaves.

They only bought James and Wan Bissaka.

I think Sancho was their top target for winger but seems not possible this summer

Man Utd might have contacted Tottenham for Eriksen.

Atletico might be interested in Eriksen too.

Interesting. Could be just meaningless rumors I'm not sure. But seems like Spurs are intent on selling him or they would just try to renew him. Or Eriksen waiting for Real Madrid if there is still a slight chance.

Ya that's a great signing for arsenal with pepe, really solidifies their attack, hes so versatile too, can play anywhere in a front 3, and that left foot is so killer

They still are lacking in midfield and the back 4, but team should definitely be exciting this year and building up to something, kinda like that liverpool team of 3 years ago who couldnt defend at all but were great going forward

Final 2 weeks here I think we start to see more deals finalized as tours get back from asia and the US.

I hate myself for buying in but the dybala thing making more sense now

Reports in Italy saying he would want to come, wants to work with poch..... also its viewed as independent from lo celso

That naming rights deal for the shirt, plus the stadium deal coming soon, making a big change with financial power

If atleti want eriksen, they can def afford him, I wonder if it's the step up he said he wanted, same thing with man u

He specifically said a step up is only reason hed go, and he knew the number of clubs for that was very limited

I think most likely scenario is still madrid, then signing a new deal, with a promise from levy he wont stand I'm the way of a sale if madrid or barca or bayern etc. Come in for him

Ya that's a great signing for arsenal with pepe, really solidifies their attack, hes so versatile too, can play anywhere in a front 3, and that left foot is so killer

They still are lacking in midfield and the back 4, but team should definitely be exciting this year and building up to something, kinda like that liverpool team of 3 years ago who couldnt defend at all but were great going forward

The positive thing is we have talented young guys pushing for first team spots finally again. The best players in the US tourney have been Nketiah and Willock.

Nketiah was wanted by several top championship sides on loan but after playing so well we may just keep him so Laca and Auba get some rest and he should still be able to play enough. Same with Willock he has taken a big leap and has been better than Xhaka so far. With Guendouzi and Torreira having just restarted training, Willock could be a starter 1st match vs Newcastle.

But for the midfield, Torreira Xhaka Guendouzi Ceballos Willock is not that bad. Özil Mkhitaryan Iwobi able to play in a number 10 position as well.

After Nketiah, John Jules has been impressive as striker too. As for wingers, Reiss Nelson and Saka could turn out very good too. In central midfield we have Smith Rowe and Burton. Quite a few promising guys and some of these will get loaned out, some will be kept for Europa league games and rotation.

The midfield will still need improvement, but biggest worry is definitely the defense

I've been reading a little on the Spurs.

Seems Vertonghen will renew his contract he wants to stay. One year left but apparently no worries he will sign another contract.

I'm surprised no one went for Alderweireld when he had that release clause. Not that young anymore but I thought at least one club would go for him. No more release clause and one year left. I've read he has refused an offer of £150k a week. This one might do a Ramsey and sign on a free elsewhere next year or what do we think here?

Eriksen, one year left as well. I have read a few articles that say for Zidane it's Pogba or nothing. Even if a Pogba-to-Real deal fails, he wouldn't want Eriksen. Not sure if it's 100% true, but where else could he go? Atletico would be intriguing and they are exciting with the fresh faces and Simeone, but it looks like they might get James Rodriguez instead. Juve Barca Bayern are full in midfield. PSG perhaps. Or Man Utd even if it's not a step up, could get big wages and replace Pogba.
His options seems limited this summer. He could sign a new contract at Tottenham, but if he doesn't you run the risk of Eriksen pulling a Ramsey as well. While this summer he could get you more than £50m I guess

Toby goes on a free to china

I think levy probably loves his “cunning good business man” persona so if he lets eriksen go on a free there is gonna be a lot of criticism. If he only goes for 50 that’s shocking to me. You’ve got to sign him or sell him in the next 2 weeks

Dont think it's a persona, hes a great deal maker, but anyone would get criticism for letting an asset go for free. Arsenal did when ramsey left.

I dont think eriksen would do a bosman, doesnt seem the type, maybe I'm wrong, but I dont see it

Real Madrid have called off the deal to send Bale to China

This could be wild, Perez promised zizou full control when he came back, its the only reason he came back. Now the board block this deal for not being 'good value'. Meaning they wont accept any cheap loan deals to man u or spurs

So hes stuck there another year, and they need the depth imho so I do think he has to play some

Lampard has told Bakayako and Drinkwater they can go

Everton has bid 55 million pounds for Zaha

Everton are likely to sign Moise Kean

Looks like Palace already rejected the bid. Zaha 4 years left on contract, I think it would take an £80m bid for them to consider selling this summer. They already sold Wan Bissaka for good money and Zaha is a key player if they want to stay in PL.

Seems like Khedira was only at the Emirates to watch the match, might have met Özil. I would have taken him a few years ago. Di Marzio has been shit for Arsenal news at least, beginning of summer they said Arsenal had bid for 2 Sampdoria players Praet and Anderson. All bullshit thankfully but scary time I thought Di Marzio was reliable at the time.

This could be wild, Perez promised zizou full control when he came back, its the only reason he came back. Now the board block this deal for not being 'good value'. Meaning they wont accept any cheap loan deals to man u or spurs

So hes stuck there another year, and they need the depth imho so I do think he has to play some

Chinese transfer window closes on Wednesday if what I just read is correct. And Ornstein said Madrid called off the transfer so I guess Florentino Pérez.

I hope he stays I want to see a season with Zidane and Bale that could be fun. I can’t see Real Madrid winning the title from Barca with all the changes at Madrid, but with all the investments Zidane has to deliver something this season..

Man Utd and Tottenham have talked to Juve about Dybala.

Emery said we were in the market for another CB possibly. Some talk that it could be Rugani from Juventus.

these are just rumors and not really even from good sources, but some are saying Beckham and Miami are going take a stab at Bale next summer.( and that Bale is interested)

I don't see how they financially could afford that , but its interesting

these are just rumors and not really even from good sources, but some are saying Beckham and Miami are going take a stab at Bale next summer.( and that Bale is interested)

Everything is possible it will only depend on what Bale wants to do I think.

He can stay at Real for 3 more years and collect his £600k a week paycheck.

Or if Real agree to let him go:
-to China for an even bigger paycheck
-to a top club in Europe for a lower paycheck but the possibility to win even more trophies.
-to the MLS in a fun but not great level league earning a lower paycheck

But Bale just turned 30 I think he has at least 3 more good years in Europe if he can avoid injuries. Could be too early to go to the MLS at 31 but we will see what he prioritizes between money, ambition to win trophies and lifestyle

Lazio want €90m for Milinkovic-Savic. (Sky Italy)

Man Utd are being quoted top money for their targets, Maguire higher than van Dijk and De Ligt, Longstaff from Newcastle £50m..

2 weeks left, they will have to make moves soon

Only way I think it works is if adidas cover a large part of his salary 'off the books'. Like I'm sure they do with zlatan at galaxy

Real Madrid/Florentino Perez apparently not happy that their £150m man arrived at training camp overweight... Would explain why Hazard has been so shit in friendlies so far. It says he arrived 7kg overweight lol. For Americans here thats 15 lbs.

Lazio want €90m for Milinkovic-Savic. (Sky Italy)

Man Utd are being quoted top money for their targets, Maguire higher than van Dijk and De Ligt, Longstaff from Newcastle £50m..

2 weeks left, they will have to make moves soon

And I forgot Bruno Fernandes. Not sure what's the asking price.

Solskjear said at end of season he wanted 5-6 new players.. Only 2 in so far.

Lukaku and Pogba possibly on their way out

Khedira to Arsenal might have some legs, but let's see I don't trust the italian sources anymore this summer. If we can get him for a very low fee why not he could bring some experience.

But defence and a new CB should be the priority, yesterday mistakes by Mustafi and Chambers on the 2 goals conceded...

2 goals scored by Moussa Dembele, who may attract interest from Man Utd. If a good offer from the PL comes, Lyon may sell him

Rumor from marca says Bale and Zidane are pissed at Florentino Perez for stopping the Bale-to-China deal. Bale not in squad for next friendly match.

Allegedly Perez didn't want to give Bale for free anymore after his team was embarrassed vs Atletico and may be disappointed at Zidane and the team's lack of improvement on the pitch.

Just rumors but seems clear not everything is perfect at Madrid

I think Zidane has some legitimate gripes . Bale seems to be a little high maintenance for a guy who is hurt a lot . But the way he is going about this is just so Unprofessional for a manager . It’s Like he has turned I to Mourninho

Last edited:
Personally I am team Bale all the way if he stays in Madrid, the Zidane sack watch has started and I hope he gets sacked mid season and Bale gets the last laugh

Back