• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Soccer rule question

skanless13

We come in peace
Why can a gk leave the box to retrieve a ball outside the box, and dribble back into the box and pick it up? Isn’t that basically the same as a same team back pass which is an infraction? Seems like this should not be allowed. Am I wrong?

Cant do it if it's a back pass from the feet

But otherwise ya, it's always been the rule

Cant do it if it's a back pass from the feet

But otherwise ya, it's always been the rule
Yep. I know that rule. But a keeper leaving the box to retrieve the ball with his feet and dribbling back into the box then picking it up seems just like a back pass to me?

Yep. I know that rule. But a keeper leaving the box to retrieve the ball with his feet and dribbling back into the box then picking it up seems just like a back pass to me?
I guess I'm just used to it

Dont mind it, theres other rules I'd change it anything

Oh I’m not super upset about it. Just saw a keeper do it in a game today so it got me thinking.
I think the back pass to the gk rule was introduced to prevent time-wasting (see Liverpool back in the day), and what you describe isn‘t going to happen easily or often enough to cause another such issue with time-wasting

I think the back pass to the gk rule was introduced to prevent time-wasting (see Liverpool back in the day), and what you describe isn‘t going to happen easily or often enough to cause another such issue with time-wasting
Good point. Didn’t think of that but yeah, not too often that a gk gonna risk dribbling into the box

Back