• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

SEC Championship Game Discussion

gps_3

Head of Alabama Department of Decision-Making
Not sure if there's much to discuss here. UGA is in no matter what, even in the unlikely instance of a loss.

My PR make this UGA -16.5. I don't think LSU will play as poorly as they did against aTm, but UGA has done a good job this year having their best games in the biggest moments so it likely doesn't matter.

Kelly looked absolutely catatonic on Saturday night. That was one of the weirdest no-show games I've ever seen.

A&M is terrible. LSU made them look good.

Agree, so weird. Kelly looked like he DGAF.

Daniels got nicked up ya? Going to be 100% for this week? I took Over 49 small.

Agree, so weird. Kelly looked like he DGAF.

Some of those camera shots of him were of a coach that wished he never had to play the game. Yeah, so weird.

Gets back to the thing that bites us all way too often - crush the metrics, examine the analytics, work through all the #s. None of it matters unless you know is what going on between the ears. In Saturday night's game with Kelly, nothing.

I'm trying to remember the feeling post Alabama game a lot of us were high on LSU. LSU may've been high on themselves as well.

Hangover in the cold at Ark and bad showing vs aTm and now we aren't sure.

Georgia will be super up after losing the SEC Title game last year and human nature I believe LSU should want to prove to themselves and the world that the team on the field in College Station is not who they really are.

I think we are in for a good game even though saying that does defy recent history of Georgia strangling opposing offenses. Is Harold Perkins enough to disrupt the Dawg O?

Any similarities between the A&M-Alabama game and the A&M-LSU game? A&M was not a good football team when they nearly beat Alabama in T-town early Oct. App St had beat them, had an ugly win vs Miami, had a lucky win vs Ark, lost bad to Miss State - all that led up to the Alabama game.

Texas A&M has been bad all season long. Except for two games really, the Alabama game and the LSU game. Strange. Their two best performances were vs the two best teams they played. So maybe we shouldn't hold it against LSU so harshly since it nearly happened to Alabama as well. It happened different for LSU the way they game got away from them, but they were on the road, Bama was at home.

I'm actually watching the replay now. There were plays that LSU just missed on that they shouldn't had on O. The most concerning aspect is the A&M O success they had vs LSU.

Are any of you all heading to the game? I think Georgia wins by 20+. Fully expect AD Mitchell to play. Team seems focused and motivated. Kirby is 0-2 vs LSU, this team has never won an SEC. The stadium I expect to be about 85% red and black.

UGA this year seems to be saving themselves for big games. See Oregon, and Tennesee. I think they have been rather conservative the past few weeks.

I agree they win handily.

Definitely some motivation to win this one, despite the competition not being up to par.
It could be human nature to be complacent now that they are a lock for the playoffs. Similar to last year. The other piece is the 1 seed gets to pick where they play and obviously the Peach would be a basic home game.

Any similarities between the A&M-Alabama game and the A&M-LSU game? A&M was not a good football team when they nearly beat Alabama in T-town early Oct. App St had beat them, had an ugly win vs Miami, had a lucky win vs Ark, lost bad to Miss State - all that led up to the Alabama game.

Texas A&M has been bad all season long. Except for two games really, the Alabama game and the LSU game. Strange. Their two best performances were vs the two best teams they played. So maybe we shouldn't hold it against LSU so harshly since it nearly happened to Alabama as well. It happened different for LSU the way they game got away from them, but they were on the road, Bama was at home.

I'm actually watching the replay now. There were plays that LSU just missed on that they shouldn't had on O. The most concerning aspect is the A&M O success they had vs LSU.
I can only speak for the Alabama game, but there were a few extenuating circumstances in that were probably not present for the LSU game. We had to start Milroe, and it was very clear he wasn't ready. Outside of A&M's last drive that almost won it for them, they were given extremely good field position due to fumbles. Also think we may have missed a FG or 2

It could be human nature to be complacent now that they are a lock for the playoffs. Similar to last year. The other piece is the 1 seed gets to pick where they play and obviously the Peach would be a basic home game.
Lol at complacent last year. Those WRs stay healthy, UGA is still looking for their first title in 40 years.

I do think they beat LSU pretty handily. They should be up since it's been 5 years since they've won the SEC, and I think that's still a big deal to the teams in the conference. Even if they aren't "up", their floor is so high that LSU would have to play a perfect game to even have a chance.

I can only speak for the Alabama game, but there were a few extenuating circumstances in that were probably not present for the LSU game. We had to start Milroe, and it was very clear he wasn't ready. Outside of A&M's last drive that almost won it for them, they were given extremely good field position due to fumbles. Also think we may have missed a FG or 2

Thanks for reminding me.

I'm trying to remember the feeling post Alabama game a lot of us were high on LSU. LSU may've been high on themselves as well.

Hangover in the cold at Ark and bad showing vs aTm and now we aren't sure.

Georgia will be super up after losing the SEC Title game last year and human nature I believe LSU should want to prove to themselves and the world that the team on the field in College Station is not who they really are.

I think we are in for a good game even though saying that does defy recent history of Georgia strangling opposing offenses. Is Harold Perkins enough to disrupt the Dawg O?
man i think the SEC is really down this year in comparison the 3rd or 4th best sec teams most years are really really good teams

What if LSU isn't that much improved over the team that lost to florida state ? then how good is this lsu team really ? ........the auburn game and tennessee domination told me clearly they just aren't all that - traditional bama beasts lsu by double digits , this isn't traditional bama - traditional bama also beats tennessee by ddigits

as far as the spread lsu can cover because the sec was inflated georgia as well but I would say last year's kelly team at notre dame can beat this lsu team

man i think the SEC is really down this year in comparison the 3rd or 4th best sec teams most years are really really good teams

What if LSU isn't that much improved over the team that lost to florida state ? then how good is this lsu team really ? ........the auburn game and tennessee domination told me clearly they just aren't all that - traditional bama beasts lsu by double digits , this isn't traditional bama - traditional bama also beats tennessee by ddigits

as far as the spread lsu can cover because the sec was inflated georgia as well but I would say last year's kelly team at notre dame can beat this lsu team
It is down quite a bit.

Sagarin rankings actually have B12 slightly ahead.

When Georgia plays their best they are certainly lights out. Don't always play a 4 Q game though.

UGA vs opponents - 1H - 2H - Final

GT - 10-7 - 27-7 = 37-14
UK - 9-0 - 7-6 = 16-6
MSU - 17-12 - 28-7 = 45-19
UT - 24-6 - 3-7 = 27-13
UF - 28-3 - 14-17 = 42-20
Van - 28-0 - 27-0 = 55-0
Aub - 14-0 - 28-10 = 42-10
Miz - 6-16 - 20-6 = 26-22

Several games were UGA opponents either hang around in the 1H, or come back and cover a 2H line. Off top of my head, only game that I know Georgia covered both halves would've been Vandy.

When Georgia plays their best they are certainly lights out. Don't always play a 4 Q game though.

UGA vs opponents - 1H - 2H - Final

GT - 10-7 - 27-7 = 37-14
UK - 9-0 - 7-6 = 16-6
MSU - 17-12 - 28-7 = 45-19
UT - 24-6 - 3-7 = 27-13
UF - 28-3 - 14-17 = 42-20
Van - 28-0 - 27-0 = 55-0
Aub - 14-0 - 28-10 = 42-10
Miz - 6-16 - 20-6 = 26-22

Several games were UGA opponents either hang around in the 1H, or come back and cover a 2H line. Off top of my head, only game that I know Georgia covered both halves would've been Vandy.
Good notes....

Obviously an asterisk on Tenn game (wet).

Good notes....

Obviously an asterisk on Tenn game (wet).

And Miss St had, one could say...a fluke, punt return TD in the final seconds of the 2Q. So maybe Georgia should've covered that 1H. That would make two games that UGA got both 1H and 2H in the same game (being Vandy and then arguably Miss St).

I think it's either down, or there's more parity than normal. Not as top heavy as it usually is, and the bottom tier actually looked pretty decent by end of the season. A lot of good teams, not many great ones
I can agree with that.

One great team.

Two good teams (Bama Tenn)

Then the next part (which starts with LSU).

I can agree with that.

One great team.

Two good teams (Bama Tenn)

Then the next part (which starts with LSU).
And even the best team isn't as good as the ones we've seen the last decade or so. I have a feeling we'll see this the next few years as the fallout from Covid, transfer portal and NIL settle

And even the best team isn't as good as the ones we've seen the last decade or so. I have a feeling we'll see this the next few years as the fallout from Covid, transfer portal and NIL settle
100% agree.

I don’t see how lsu scores, especially if Daniels isn’t healthy enough to run. I’ve thought this since I watch Arkansas just ruin lsu offense by blitzing, they had no ability to pick up the simplest things: I dunno if I can lay the points but I can play lsu team total under 16.5 at plus money.

I think that is fair. UGA has some studs in the secondary. It is as good as ive ever seen. Starks will likely win freshman of the year, Bullard and Lassiter are legit. Ringo is a projected top 10 pick, but he has been targeted almost every game. He makes a lot of plays (see the Natty), but gives up a lot. The defensive line is a little down compared to prior years. That happens when you lose the #1 pick and a couple other first rounders. They do have Carter who might also be the #1 pick.

All that being said, no one is talking about AD Mitchell. He is as talented as any wr uga has ever had. As a freshman caught touchdowns against Michigan and Bama in the playoffs and opened the year against Oregon with a touch. He has been hurt ever since. Just the threat of him on the outside changes things.

Fully expect this crowd to be 80% Dawgs fans. UGA by 24.

Lol at complacent last year. Those WRs stay healthy, UGA is still looking for their first title in 40 years.

I do think they beat LSU pretty handily. They should be up since it's been 5 years since they've won the SEC, and I think that's still a big deal to the teams in the conference. Even if they aren't "up", their floor is so high that LSU would have to play a perfect game to even have a chance.
As a Dawgs fan, it pains me to say it but I agree. Those 2 wrs were elite and we struggled to cover them. The Bama team looked clueless in the second half when Jameson went down.

As a Dawgs fan, it pains me to say it but I agree. Those 2 wrs were elite and we struggled to cover them. The Bama team looked clueless in the second half when Jameson went down.
See our offense all year. O’Brien’s offense seems very reliant on an exceptional WR.

I think alot of the banged up and missing personnel the last 2 games for LSU has recency bias in full effect. I havent been wagering the past couple weeks but if I were, LSU and the points would be my play. The former walkon RB Josh Williams was key in most of our big games. Georgia will no doubt win this game but to expect the blowout I read about above is sort of shocking. Georgia CAN win by 30 but I believe they’ll be satisfied winning by 10-14. Why make a statement in a game they dont have to win after going 30-1 in their last 31 games. I expect a controlled dominant effort from Georgia that gets them through the season undefeated and the #1 team with a 31 - 17 victory. Texas A&M brought it as I predicted but this is a new game and the line is where its at for a reason. Good luck fellas. Enjoy the outmatched Tigers while you can. The future is calling and she’s going to be fun to watch for me and the Tiger faithful.

Lacy going to catch this week? Or somebody else in his place?

Lacy is at best 4th or 5th WR option. Those two drops and the Daniels fumble scoop and score were monumental in the unfolding of that game. A&M had the talent all year they just failed to put it together until their bowl game. They managed to make Perkins a nonfactor and Moose Muhammed played like the beast he is going to be. LSU played above their head with limited depth all year. Georgia is a beast but the SEC championship should be a huge deal for an LSU team that was expected to have a ceiling of 8-4 if the stars aligned. Should be fun unless your laying 3 TDs in a game that could see less than 45 points from 2 coaches with much different agendas. Devils advocate out. ✌

I work for the Babylon Bee now. The above was just jokes man. Good lord. Special teams has delivered for the opponent all season. I figured we would at least fight back for a half. Good luck to the Big 10. The SEC is down this year. Almost to the level of the other conferences. Georgia however is not. Should be interesting.

I think that is fair. UGA has some studs in the secondary. It is as good as ive ever seen. Starks will likely win freshman of the year, Bullard and Lassiter are legit. Ringo is a projected top 10 pick, but he has been targeted almost every game. He makes a lot of plays (see the Natty), but gives up a lot. The defensive line is a little down compared to prior years. That happens when you lose the #1 pick and a couple other first rounders. They do have Carter who might also be the #1 pick.

All that being said, no one is talking about AD Mitchell. He is as talented as any wr uga has ever had. As a freshman caught touchdowns against Michigan and Bama in the playoffs and opened the year against Oregon with a touch. He has been hurt ever since. Just the threat of him on the outside changes things.

Fully expect this crowd to be 80% Dawgs fans. UGA by 24.

This one went about as i expected. UGA had a chance to put 70 up. When Ladd got hurt, they basically put it on cruise control. Secondary is still an issue. Ringo stinks, but Starks also had a tough game. Might have actually been 95% UGA fans in that building. A couple weeks now to get healthy.

This one went about as i expected. UGA had a chance to put 70 up. When Ladd got hurt, they basically put it on cruise control. Secondary is still an issue. Ringo stinks, but Starks also had a tough game. Might have actually been 95% UGA fans in that building. A couple weeks now to get healthy.
I think UGA wins but if Ohio St WRs all healthy….Nussmeier made some throws on y’all

Back