• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Ryder Cup Discussion

Assuming he's healthy, got to pick Patrick Reed and then pair him with Bryson. Maybe even get them their own meeting room so they are separated from the rest of the team as much as possible

Phil not playing, will be a vice captain. Would kinda like to see a senior Ryder Cup:

US
Stricker
Phil
Freddy
DL3
Zach Johnson
Furyk

Europe
Padraig
McDowell
Kaymer
Donald
Langer
Olazabal

Phil not playing, will be a vice captain. Would kinda like to see a senior Ryder Cup:

US
Stricker
Phil
Freddy
DL3
Zach Johnson
Furyk

Europe
Padraig
McDowell
Kaymer
Donald
Langer
Olazabal
This makes me feel really old

So players #7, 8, 9, 10, 12 and 14 in the standings. So tell me again why did we need to expand to 6 captain's picks?

So players #7, 8, 9, 10, 12 and 14 in the standings. So tell me again why did we need to expand to 6 captain's picks?
And #11 would have been on there if he wasn't hurt, curious if Koepka will be able to play much if at all

Sergio, Poulter and Lowry are captain's picks for the Euros. Justin Rose told to stay home despite his strong Cup record and his past success at Whistling Straits.

Sergio, Poulter and Lowry are captain's picks for the Euros. Justin Rose told to stay home despite his strong Cup record and his past success at Whistling Straits.
Can't believe JRose isn't on their roster but not sure who I'd swap him with of the picks

Even this year year could be an issue, phil busting brooksies ball about a club, led to him firing his caddie, now Phil's a captain?

I joined the fighting @B.A.R. 's with Euros at +180. Should have ample opportunities to let it ride or buy out pending the direction in the first 2 days.
Assuming US will win singles, how far back is too far back after the first 2 days? 3? 4?

Assuming US will win singles, how far back is too far back after the first 2 days? 3? 4?
i think there's a real possibility to make up a big deficit like 3-4.5 or so. It will be interesting to see what the market is if that is the case but if I don't like it I'll just ride the thing out based on how it's playing out and how I'm feeling about it all. I do really like the final roster of the Euros for the most part.

I love blake but this is not a good look, and explains a lot about us struggles last few times if its whole team mentality, the euros seem to get that team dynamic so much better

His point is incredibly valid, we are a Me First society and the whole team thing is weird in an individual sport

I love that he posts that when so many are afraid to face the truth (Momma, I just killed a man)

I think the main difference is that the majority of the US team would rather go 5-0 in a team loss than 0-5 (or only get to play one or two matches) in a win. It's the opposite for the Euros. I'm not sure there's much anyone can do about it in the short term, so the US's best chance is to just out talent them (and course setup) enough to win. And this team can do that, but if it starts going bad, the US team has a tough time reversing momentum.

I think the Euro team is just ok. Hovland is going to be a star I think, but several of their guys are pretty bad course fits. Westwood, Poulter, Hatton and Fitzpatrick are going to have to putt their ass off to win, because they will be miles behind on approach shots most of the time. Though Westy was sending it pretty good this summer

Frustrating that all FedEx playoff and Ryder Cups seem to be a long way from the left coast and not sure why
Obviously we've talked about Scottsdale before as a great venue. Where else out there?

Obviously we've talked about Scottsdale before as a great venue. Where else out there?
I'd say Cali, Oregon, Washington

It will be tough to pitch Scottsdale when it's still upper 90's this weekend which is comfortable for me but still hot for most

I'd say Cali, Oregon, Washington

It will be tough to pitch Scottsdale when it's still upper 90's this weekend which is comfortable for me but still hot for most
I found it to be relatively chilly out there for most part.

Frustrating that all FedEx playoff and Ryder Cups seem to be a long way from the left coast and not sure why
Ryder Cup 2033 at the Olympic Club in Cali. Yeah I don't know why they don't move the FedEx playoffs around.

Reactions: KJ
I found it to be relatively chilly out there for most part.
98 in Sept is a lot different than 98 in August, that's for sure. LV is typically 10 degrees cooler than here but same concept with the monsoon in July/Aug and humidity

Ryder Cup 2033 at the Olympic Club in Cali. Yeah I don't know why they don't move the FedEx playoffs around.
Not familiar with that club, pretty sure there's an awesome Olympic Club in Seattle, they could do Bandon easily too. Even any of the clubs in Rancho Santa Fe where Tiger/Phil played or Vegas at Shadow Creek would be great

Interesting how the narrator mentions that Pete Dye would probably really like the course to play faster but that it really doesn't and is set up to play slow. After looking at the drone shots and how ridiculously narrow some of those fairways are, I can't imagine trying to play that course when conditions are hard and fast.

Here is a terrific YouTube video (with a ton of drone coverage) of Whistling Straights to get everyone ready for the Ryder Cup this weekend. Click on the link below.

Figure Eights on the Lake: Whistling Straits
Andy Johnson is a great follow if you really like course architecture and design. His podcast with Brendan Porath is pretty good too. He gets Geoff Ogilvy on regularly on his other podcast which is always good stuff

We are throwing up the Ryder Cup broadcast on multiple projector screens in our big conference room tomorrow morning. Should be a nice completely unproductive friday at work with some breakfast beers to go with it.

Can't wait

We are throwing up the Ryder Cup broadcast on multiple projector screens in our big conference room tomorrow morning. Should be a nice completely unproductive friday at work with some breakfast beers to go with it.

Can't wait
Uber/Lyft home from the office seems like a huge checkmark on the life list

I played Europe +197 (tie loses) for Cup and took X and Cantlay -140 vs. Rory/Poulter in Foursomes. GL fellas, should be fun!
Euros are sitting at +225 for me right now and will be played on top of the +175 already

Got a promo-bet top US or Euro player for $100 and get a free $50 wager however you choose on the event. Not sure I have a real opinion as to top performers, any thoughts? Rahm maybe?

Euros are sitting at +225 for me right now and will be played on top of the +175 already

Got a promo-bet top US or Euro player for $100 and get a free $50 wager however you choose on the event. Not sure I have a real opinion as to top performers, any thoughts? Rahm maybe?
KJ - I agree on Rahm and actually think both Cantlay and X will have a good RCup. I like that pairing quite a bit. Would also think Rahm out of all players the most likely not to sit. GL

KJ - I agree on Rahm and actually think both Cantlay and X will have a good RCup. I like that pairing quite a bit. GL
Thx Tim, I would do Cantlay in a heartbeat if he wasn't off the FedEx title, X always seems to be a guy that performs in country events

Looks like lines favor Rory for the Euros, the key to that wager obviously is taking someone who will play all 5 matches and I concluded Rahm but haven't bet it yet. He's young enough and an insanely good match player if needed on Sunday.

Back