• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Rays/Yankees & Dodgers/Brewers Parlay Preview Article

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
MLB Parlay at (+314) for Today's Games Includes Elite Teams

Tampa Bay Rays vs. New York Yankees
Wednesday, August 17, 2022 at 6:05 p.m. ET at Yankee Stadium in Bronx, New York

Slumping Yankees

Because they play every or almost every day, teams often enter a rhythm, either a positive rhythm or a negative one.

Currently, the Yankees are entangled in a negative pattern.

No matter who pitches for them, they are struggling to win games.

They've won two of their last 13.

Because oddsmakers aren't going to adjust their season-long figures to account for what appears in the long run to be an anomalous stretch of performances, New York was favored for all but one of those games.

Most recently, their lineup is struggling.

Yankee batters have produced one run combined in their past three games, and they failed to eclipse three runs in each of their last seven contests.

Their lineup is one active reason why New York is a terrible favorite to bet on.

Who Starts for Tampa Bay?

Corey Kluber, today's starter for Tampa Bay, is just the pitcher to prolong New York's hitting woes.

This might not seem to be the case given his current ERA.

But his poor ERA masks a much better 3.44 FIP (like ERA but factors out fielding), which reflects how well he's been pitching.

In particular, he has suffered from an opposing BABIP (batting average of balls in play), which is high despite the fact that he's doing a great job of inducing soft contact while limiting hard contact.

Kluber vs. Yankee Batters

Kluber has a lot of experience pitching in Yankee Stadium, a venue that can be intimidating and generally difficult for pitchers to thrive in.

In 13 career starts here, Kluber boasts a 2.33 ERA.

Part of Kluber's success against the Yankees owes to his strong matchup advantage against them.

Accounting for the entire season, including the vast stretches during which they were hitting the ball magnificently, the Yankees rank 24thin slugging .382 against Kluber's favorite pitches from righties.

Kluber does have an unusual mix of favorite pitches.

Primarily, he favors his cutter, sinker, and curveball.

These three pitches combine for just under 90 percent of his arsenal.

Since their hitting slump began on August 9, they're slugging .254 against these pitches from righties.

Who Starts for New York?

Domingo German starts for the Yankees tonight.

In a team filled with profitable starting pitchers, German has been costing his backers.

New York is 1-4, yielding -3.1 units, in games in which German has started.

German vs. Ray Batters

Tampa Bay is not the team for German to start finding success against.

In six career starts against this team, German suffers a 6.40 ERA.

Last year provided the most recent proof of German's unreliability in games against Tampa Bay.

Hence, active Ray batters boast strong track records against German.

Randy Arozarena, Ji-Man Choi, and Yandy Diaz all slug well over .500 in at least five career at-bats with German on the mound.

Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Milwaukee Brewers
Wednesday, August 17, 2022 at 7:10 p.m. ET at American Family Field in Milwaukee

Who Starts for Los Angeles?

Tony Gonsolin starts for the Dodgers tonight.

Gonsolin had an incredibly successful start to his season.

But perhaps he peaked, because, performance-wise, he has plummeted down to Earth.

In July, he suffered a 4.40 ERA.

While he did thrive in his last two starts, those came against Kansas City and a slumping San Diego squad.

Tonight's opponent will be a vastly and uniquely tougher test for Gonsolin.

Gonsolin vs. Brewer Batters

Brewer batters merit optimism because they match up superbly against Gonsolin given the pitches that he throws.

His fastball, split-finger, and slider account for 88 percent of his arsenal.

Generally much more strongly built to handle right- than left-handed pitching, Milwaukee ranks third in slugging against Gonsolin's pitches from righties.

Who Starts for Milwaukee?

Eric Lauer starts for the Brewers tonight.

After conceding seven earned runs in his last two starts combined against lineups that rank top-six against left-handed pitching, Lauer gets another tough test tonight.

Specifically, the Dodgers rank second against his favorite pitches from lefties.

Best Bet: Parlay Rays ML at +126 & Dodgers/Brewers over 8 at -120 at +314 odds with BetOnline

Brewers lineup has never been accused of being a tough test for a pitcher bro! Think I’ve lead the fade Gonsilin in the 2nd half bandwagon but not for me tonight, I think he holds milw to 2 runs max thru 6 innings. I played lad-1.5 and ya know I hate laying the rl! Hopefully they score 8 for your over and for me to cash the rl!

I don’t like to have regrets but I have def regretted not playing tampa this whole series, t just in general I try to stay away from yanks games. Crazy how big of favs they remain being despite the horrendous job the offense been doing. Slump is a nice word for yanks current struggles!! You can see the frustration bubbling up, they pressing which typically makes it even worse as you can’t will your way out of a hitting slump like you can in other sports, in fact the harder you try the worse it usually gets!! I really like their Ff tt under 2.5 as I agree a solid vet like kluber outta be able to make life difficult for a struggling lineup!

Milw seriously only got 3 yesterday against a kid who hands out walks like candy! He walked 5 in 4.2 innings and brewers still struggled to score after a leadoff walk then bomb to start the game. Just can’t see Gonsilin struggling w this lineup as he not gonna give them bunch of free baserunners.

Back