• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] First we'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we have experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Preakness 148

Yep terrible race, when are they going to wise up and change the schedule to be more accomodating to modern training techniques.

Yep terrible race, when are they going to wise up and change the schedule to be more accomodating to modern training techniques.
They are so stuck in their ways it's hard to see it happening anytime soon. And the Preakness takes the brunt of their idiocy.

I think the new school trainers would still find a reason not to do it unless you radically changed the schedule and then what's the point? They just dont care about winning the triple crown races like they used to

Pimlico is in a tough spot with the new training schedules. Derby weekend was almost a Breeders Cup with the quality of the fields, and Belmont weekend will be as well with the 5 week break. Pimlico has to fight for scraps. It's a shame none of the Derby scratches even showed.

Back in the day the Derby and Preakness ran a week apart. So you could say the modern TC is devalued compared to that Era.

Already looking past this weekend to Belmont Stakes Day. Fox lured the legend Tom Durkin out of retirement to broadcast the 3 races they'll be showing, the Met Mile, Hirsch and Belmont Stakes.

Kinda rooting for Mage to win the Triple Crown now that Durkin will be on the call. The man called so many vanquished triple crown contenders right up to California Chrome, then he retires and America Pharoah pulls it off the next year.

only value I can find in the Preakness is

exacta box: 3/5

triple: 3,5/3,5/1,4,6,7

I really like this horse

Pimlico Race 9:
7-Edie Meeny Miny Mo W~P
exacta box: 7/1 7/5 7/9

Good luck to y’all who are betting…

Looking at Wunderground for weather in Baltimore at race time and it looks like rain. Makes me think 7 Blazing Sevens could be a factor as one G1 stakes win was on wet track and he is a deep closer with late speed. I played him in a head to head with National Treasure at +135 and put a small win wager on him at fixed price odds of +632. GL today fellas!

Horse racing gods are a fickle bunch yet again....ultimate loss for Baffert with a horse euthanized on the traffic followed later by ultimate joy winning the biggest race of the day.

1-7-3-5

an exciting race for sure
but between a trainer who’s horses break down often or fail drug tests & a trainer who choked a former GF last summer at Saratoga

Back