• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

PaintCrew 2022 Golf

Morikawa -5
Burns -2
Riley -1
X -1
DJ +1
Saudi Beefcake +2
Homa +2

No matter what happens this setup is damn near perfect other than the nonsense of extra water between waves today. It’s going to be a fun weekend….or so I hope

Welp that was a wild us open Saturday as it should be but not ideal for most of my darts (4 putt from my boy Riley and still is only 6 back). Hope one of them can can provide a sweat but should be fun watching the mayhem today regardless. Happy Father’s Day to the other dads out there!

Last edited:
Welp that was a wild us open Saturday as it should be but not ideal for most of my darts (4 putt from my boy Riley and still is only 6 back). Hope one of them can can provide a sweat but should be fun watching the mayhem today regardless. Happy Father’s Day to the other dads out there!
4 putt gives me flashbacks

Final Outright Card:
0.5* X 25-1
0.5* Morikawa 28-1
0.5* Burns 50-1
0.5* Wolff 66-1 (sucks to even put this here but it is what it is)
0.3* DJ 40-1
0.3* Homa 40-1
0.2* Riley 60-1
0.2* Saudi Beefcake 120-1

R1 Leader
0.25* Riley 60-1

T5
0.50* Riley 15-1 (FanDuel)

T10
1* X +190
0.50* Riley 5-1

T20
2* X -120
1* Finau +110

More full tourney H2Hs
2* Smith +112 vs Spieth
2* Rahm +106 vs Rory

2* Finau -1.5 +106 vs Hovland (Added another unit this morning)

1* Scottie -105 vs Rory
1* Scottie -110 vs JT

1* Morikawa +110 vs Fitzy (get the hell out of here with this)
1* Morikawa +106 vs WillyZ (ditto)
1* Berger -110 vs BillyHo

1* Riley EV vs Gooch
1* Im -129 vs Connors (Push)

Losses 12.35
Wins 7.12

US Open Overall -5.23

We'll just say the ball didn't bounce my way on the weekend (in particular Saturday was brutal for me). Somehow my plays on Morikawa cost me 2.5U and he finishes T5 (not ideal fading the winner and 2nd place I guess). I might tweak a few things on how I do matchups going forward as this has got me a few times. These plays were dramatically more of a play ON Morikawa and the absurdity of a 28/30-1 price vs being down on Fitzy or WillZ. While I still don't think they were bad plays I could've protected myself with plus $ T10 or T5 plays with a higher reward. I'm going to restrict matchups a bit more to guys whom I'm high on vs guys whom i've circled to fade.

Rahm over Rory is another one I still think was the right play and had Rahm as a slight fav but I really wasn't fading Rory...however that one I'd run right back out there and see if Rory could gain 10 (yes 10) strokes putting again. Plus $ was a silly price and this might have been my worst beat of the matchups.

Smith with his worst tourney of the year at a bad time. Just didn't have the driver (or anything OTT) at all.

The Berger bogey spree to finish Friday to lose by 1 to BillyHo and the push on Im/Connor were equally unlucky but I've forgotten most of that with the quantity of beer drank since then.

Riley just couldn't keep it in the fairway enough on the weekend in particular on the par 5's....3 doubles on the gettable par 5's over the weekend was the difference between a T5 and T30+. He was one of the best in the field on approach per normal but this place wore him down.

Fitzy or Sheff deserved it. I'll also tip my cap to the resiliency of WillyZ but I'd feel better about him if I didn't ever have to watch him putt...

Final Outright Card:
0.5* X 25-1
0.5* Morikawa 28-1
0.5* Burns 50-1
0.5* Wolff 66-1 (sucks to even put this here but it is what it is)
0.3* DJ 40-1
0.3* Homa 40-1
0.2* Riley 60-1
0.2* Saudi Beefcake 120-1

R1 Leader
0.25* Riley 60-1

T5
0.50* Riley 15-1 (FanDuel)

T10
1* X +190
0.50* Riley 5-1

T20
2* X -120
1* Finau +110

More full tourney H2Hs
2* Smith +112 vs Spieth
2* Rahm +106 vs Rory

2* Finau -1.5 +106 vs Hovland (Added another unit this morning)

1* Scottie -105 vs Rory
1* Scottie -110 vs JT

1* Morikawa +110 vs Fitzy (get the hell out of here with this)
1* Morikawa +106 vs WillyZ (ditto)
1* Berger -110 vs BillyHo

1* Riley EV vs Gooch
1* Im -129 vs Connors (Push)

Losses 12.35
Wins 7.12

US Open Overall -5.23

We'll just say the ball didn't bounce my way on the weekend (in particular Saturday was brutal for me). Somehow my plays on Morikawa cost me 2.5U and he finishes T5 (not ideal fading the winner and 2nd place I guess). I might tweak a few things on how I do matchups going forward as this has got me a few times. These plays were dramatically more of a play ON Morikawa and the absurdity of a 28/30-1 price vs being down on Fitzy or WillZ. While I still don't think they were bad plays I could've protected myself with plus $ T10 or T5 plays with a higher reward. I'm going to restrict matchups a bit more to guys whom I'm high on vs guys whom i've circled to fade.

Rahm over Rory is another one I still think was the right play and had Rahm as a slight fav but I really wasn't fading Rory...however that one I'd run right back out there and see if Rory could gain 10 (yes 10) strokes putting again. Plus $ was a silly price and this might have been my worst beat of the matchups.

Smith with his worst tourney of the year at a bad time. Just didn't have the driver (or anything OTT) at all.

The Berger bogey spree to finish Friday to lose by 1 to BillyHo and the push on Im/Connor were equally unlucky but I've forgotten most of that with the quantity of beer drank since then.

Riley just couldn't keep it in the fairway enough on the weekend in particular on the par 5's....3 doubles on the gettable par 5's over the weekend was the difference between a T5 and T30+. He was one of the best in the field on approach per normal but this place wore him down.

Fitzy or Sheff deserved it. I'll also tip my cap to the resiliency of WillyZ but I'd feel better about him if I didn't ever have to watch him putt...
I like your change in how you’ll be choosing matchups going forward. I heard Smith was changing his length of his driver. It seemed like a weird week to make that change, but they must have felt it was necessary. Until he figures out the driver, or plays a tourney where the rough won’t be so penal, it seems like a good time to avoid him. Good luck this week…

How you feel about Riley > Theeg? Pricey -145 but feel like it’s a strong play for R2.
Don't mind it. Priced pretty fair but probably a bit of meat on the bone for ya. If I played it i'd lay the 0.5 near even $ if you have that. Davis left a lot of there yesterday with the putter....I'm expecting a pretty good showing today but ya never know

Travelers - Woof
Outrights + FRL and exotics -3.00
Matchups +1.50

Overall: -1.50 - At least minimized damage with matchups

Riley pulled off quite a feat it seems this week....lead the field SG OTT i believe and also lead the field in strokes LOST putting (i think over 8 for the weekend). Frustration with the putter seemed to spill over to other areas of the game as the weekend went on. We'll see how he handles it from here

Last edited:
John Deere (this isn’t even a korn ferry quality field so let’s get a little creative)
0.5* Schenk 50-1
0.5* Svennson 50-1
0.25* Huh 60-1
0.25* Smalley 66-1

0.25* T5 Schenk +1100
0.25* T10 Schenk +550
1* T20 Schenk +210

0.25* T5 Huh 13-1
0.25* T10 Huh 6-1
0.25* T20 Huh +250

That's probably it....maybe a few round to round matchups but nothing full tourney stands out. Might snag a FRL dart as well

Any thoughts on Huh -130 > Nick Taylor or Schenk -130 > Kizzire
Are those full tourney?

If so absolutely I'd hit Schenk over Kizzire but I'd lay -1.5 if you have the option

I like the other one a bit as well but Taylor has shown at least some semblance of form recently off the top of my head

LIV Golf - Hey I'm just a degenerate looking for winners
1* DJ +650
0.5* Beefcake +1800

If my local throws back out matchups (I saw them earlier) I'll probably hit DJ over Oostie for the tourney at -150 or better

John Deer one of my biggest whiffs of the year....Schenk and Huh complete no shows and my other darts didn't contend but T20 (but I didn't stack 'em)

No time at all with crazy job shit and panel interviews and new contract shit with the current job along with a family camping adventure this weekend so i'll be not sweating these at all but this is what i played

Scottish
1* Smith 26-1
0.5* Deki 30-1
0.5* Fleets 40-1

Barbysol
0.5* Moore 40-1
0.5* Sigg 46-1

Whiffs on both events....Sigg looks like sniffed around early in the event but faded

Fleets did Fleets like things and made a charge on Sunday but not nearly enough....Smith

Total on the week with both events: -3.00

Still have accounting for DJ flaming out on Sunday in Portland and the JD misses but will get the Open outrights here in the next post

The Open

Already played long ago
0.5* Burns 60-1
0.5* Tiger 50-1
0.5* Higgo 80-1

Played this morning
1.5* Spieth 18-1 (local)
1* Smith 28-1 (DK)
0.5* Finau 40-1 (local)
0.25* CYoung 80-1 (local)
0.2* Beefcake 110-1 (DK)

Will be playing a host of other things I'm sure and definitely will be stacking more Spieth exotics. I love him in an unnatural way this week. Stepping up the outrights outlay a bit to go with that confidence in particular on Spieth and the Aussie mullet....absolute dream venue and conditions I believe for both and hoping for some putts to fall....

Last edited:
Full Tourney
1* Rory -1.5 -108 vs X
1* Spieth +120 vs X
1* Scottie -110 vs Fitz
1* Scottie -110 vs JT
1* Burns EV vs Hov
1* Finau -1.5 -110 vs Homa
1* Finau -1.5 -120 vs Rose (Cancelled)

R1
1* Donaldson -153 vs Phil
1* Hughes -143 vs N. Hojgaard
1* Finau -125 vs Deki

T5
0.5* Spieth +375
0.5* Smith +550
0.5* Finau +900

Good luck ya'll

Last edited:
FRL
0.35* Fleets 30-1
0.15* CYoung 70-1
My man.....hits all 18 greens

3 putts for par on 14 from 20 ft or so and missed a couple other make-able birdie putts on 15 and 16

A ho hum 64 in your first ever Open round....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 11.33.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 11.33.41 AM.png
    284.5 KB · Views: 2
R1
0-2-1 on matchups not ideal -2.96 - I didn't track Donaldson much but really disappointed in his effort but happy i didn't hit him vs Lefty heavier

But CYoung safe to call a winner outright for FRL at 70-1

FRL +9.8 (includes Fleetwood loss)

Spieth and Finau left a bunch out there but overall quite pleased obviously with day 1....nice to get a healthy winner home after a drought

time for a couple beers on the patio and a nap before running it all back tomorrow

Last edited:
Helluva dart on FRL, congrats.
Much appreciated @B.A.R. . not a lot of thought to it other than morning wave advantage and my belief that CYoung shouldn’t be 50+ in any tourney anywhere including a single round

Fun to get one home finally. First FRL dart hit of the year

Back