*** Official NFL Draft Discussion Thread ***

Hey everyone, I'm gonna relabel this thread for all draft related content.

We can keep it separate from FA stuff.

Believe it or not, been telling my friends for over a month I wanted the Bears to trade with the Panthers for the 9 and DJ Moore as a best case scenario. Mooney and Claypool will be FA and are not good so getting a real WR was a priority. At 9, Wilson or Witherspoon could be there because of 4 QBs going in top 8. Great spot to be in right now for BPA.

Monday will be interesting to see if can get Orlando Brown Jr. for a ransom. If not, expect them to go LT at 9.

Get to see what kind of chops the new GM for the Cards has early on. Sitting in the catbird seat now w/the 3rd pick, nice chance to get a piece or two on top of still getting Anderson/Carter/Wilson

Get to see what kind of chops the new GM for the Cards has early on. Sitting in the catbird seat now w/the 3rd pick, nice chance to get a piece or two on top of still getting Anderson/Carter/Wilson
Might be hard with top 2 qbs off board. Colts at 4

Might be hard with top 2 qbs off board. Colts at 4
Richardson might go ahead of Stroud and/or Young. Sounds like #3 will be extremely valuable, even to the Colts to move up a spot just to avoid someone else doing it.

Talking Raiders or Falcons trying to leap frog Colts. Might be able to steal a future 1st from them

Richardson might go ahead of Stroud and/or Young. Sounds like #3 will be extremely valuable, even to the Colts to move up a spot just to avoid someone else doing it.
Yea def will be buyers for it. Just hard to know how much willing to pay. Best case future 1st… worst a 2nd?

That GM gonna need to be patient, let board play out and let pressure mount with the 10-15min clock.

Yea def will be buyers for it. Just hard to know how much willing to pay. Best case future 1st… worst a 2nd?
Early word is the suitors will be Colts, Seattle, Raiders, Lions. Depends how much they value that pick, probably won't know til draft night but I'm sure the phones will be ringing the next few weeks. Nice to know early on what this new GM is made of.

Early word is the suitors will be Colts, Seattle, Raiders, Lions. Depends how much they value that pick, probably won't know til draft night but I'm sure the phones will be ringing the next few weeks. Nice to know early on what this new GM is made of.
Yes sir!

Apparently Reich is really high on him but never know how much smoke and mirrors that is
i think its a lock. oc mccown is on video hyping up stroud and saying bryce young isn't tall enough to throw in the nfl

Reactions: KJ
Who do we think drafts Levis and Richardson? Colts will definitely get 1 so it boils down to who trades to #3 @KJ

Who do we think drafts Levis and Richardson? Colts will definitely get 1 so it boils down to who trades to #3 @KJ
For me the real question is how much smoke clears up around Levis

I'd rather Richardson anyway but that's not really the point

Seems like Levis is anywhere from Indy at #3 to second day...I don't remember another pre-draft posture than this one.

I'm pretty fascinated to see where Bijan goes. I think he's the total wild card of the 1st round.

RB would need to be a versatile slot receiver to even think about it these days

1st round RB picks are such an old school move anymore lol

Not sure why anyone would
I totally agree. I personally would never draft one in the 1st round. That's why I think it's fascinating. I've seen him as high as 8 in mocks

I totally agree. I personally would never draft one in the 1st round. That's why I think it's fascinating. I've seen him as high as 8 in mocks
Can't imagine going into the draft thinking "we're just a running back away"

I haven't done any analysis of the next draft but I would take Caleb Williams and probably Drake Maye over any of these QBs. Will Anderson looks like the only sure thing star in this draft.
So QBs, that's what it's come to

Be extremely happy if you are a fan of a team that doesn't need to draft a high end QB

I'm all for NIL, big time. But the ramifications for the NFL is most of these guys will end up seeing their most highly televised games in prime time in college.

So QBs, that's what it's come to

Be extremely happy if you are a fan of a team that doesn't need to draft a high end QB

I'm all for NIL, big time. But the ramifications for the NFL is most of these guys will end up seeing their most highly televised games in prime time in college.
It goes way beyond the weak QB class with this draft. The receiver class is awful and really I don't see any positions of strength and very few potential stars. I think trading down with a team that wants a QB is usually smart and picking up a 24 first rounder to do so is the way to go.

The haul that Chicago got to move down from 1-9 was incredible especially considering there is no sure thing QB in this draft. Carolina going all in for Young or Stroud was stupid when they would have been better off just waiting till next year to get a QB.

It goes way beyond the weak QB class with this draft. The receiver class is awful and really I don't see any positions of strength and very few potential stars. I think trading down with a team that wants a QB is usually smart and picking up a 24 first rounder to do so is the way to go.

The haul that Chicago got to move down from 1-9 was incredible especially considering there is no sure thing QB in this draft. Carolina going all in for Young or Stroud was stupid when they would have been better off just waiting till next year to get a QB.
Man I'm a Cards fan and trading out of 3 obviously is a must even if it means we get the edge guy from TxTech as opposed to Anderson from Bama if we get the right haul

This will be an early judgement on the new GM

Man I'm a Cards fan and trading out of 3 obviously is a must even if it means we get the edge guy from TxTech as opposed to Anderson from Bama if we get the right haul

This will be an early judgement on the new GM
Best thing for Arizona is Houston not picking a QB and some team really wanting Stroud. I just don't see a big value for any team moving up to 3 for either Levis or Richardson but I am probably wrong considering how dumb most of these GMs are.

Best thing for Arizona is Houston not picking a QB and some team really wanting Stroud. I just don't see a big value for any team moving up to 3 for either Levis or Richardson but I am probably wrong considering how dumb most of these GMs are.
I don't have a clue how Stroud doesn't go first

All the coaches have been put in place there that literally only love Stroud

Be hilarious if Carolina traded down to 2 because someone is scared they'll take Young

Russ turning into another sack? No way.

If that's the Arrowhead course in Littleton that's a beautiful course. All kinds of vertical rock outcroppings along the course and then the foothills of the Rockies in the distance.

Back