• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

NLDS: Dodgers vs. Giants Discussion Thread

early start brings up shadows and the way the ball flies until the marine layer arrives (and seems to have been burned off by global warming/the fires)

SF has surprised to say the least, i tracked them rising from 33/1 to 50/1 to win the division in March, but what a gift to the 1-seed having to face the WS favorite

For me it's much more likely SF goes 2-0 at home than 0-2

Great dog series imo and plenty of rivalry to boot

certainly possible, but this is the best team in the league they're hosting and where are their advantages?

Clutch HR seems tough to reproduce in the playoffs, though 19 games vs LAD are about as many as you can have to prove you can handle a team.

I just look at SF and try to find other strengths. I'm still very worried about the bullpen even if they can get a lead, McGee off the IL was the white knight but we must have questions about him now. Doval looked like he took the closer role, which is something they want for the future, anything that gets far away from Rogers who is an absolute gascan (i've been hurt before). Others have been good during the season, but not enough for me to go through naming them all.

All of this is pending a rotation keeping them in it, which will be a big ask but certainly is doable. And nobody think betting on Dave Roberts is a good investment

I'm not an x and o guy

If it was that easy we'd all be wealthy, their advantage is that they are the best team in MLB and dogged at home

If it's up to me both of these get beat out by the Brew but it's not

I'm on the home team here that at least today i think should be a "very" short favorite. Anything even money or better I'm nibbling.

Dodgers are the best team and the league still but I think there's reasons to believe that lineup isn't quite as deep and deadly as it could (or should be) with Muncy out and a lot of guys with a ton of talent but with spotty at bats or not really in peak form. I think Webb has a very good shot to get through that lineup in current form.

I'm still bitter though that the Cards let them off the hook. The unnecessary walks to a guy (Bellinger) who couldn't hit my fastball right now and 0-11 RISP should haunt that Cards team for a while.

Last edited:
webb is awesome, but he's facing the best pitcher in MLB on the best team in MLB with very little support in the bullpen behind him

I see little chance this doesn’t go 5. Certainly don’t see why we would call Dodgers better team? Giants won 1 more game and wasn’t the season series practically even?

I see little chance this doesn’t go 5. Certainly don’t see why we would call Dodgers better team? Giants won 1 more game and wasn’t the season series practically even?
Nothing but sticker shock and fancy click bait names is all

and that was with muncy. Granted the lineup deep but he still a big loss. It really looks like scherzer has hit a bit of a wall so after Farris I don’t think lad has a huge pitching edge.

I’ll say this much for doyers. I didn’t realize the pen had so much filth this year. Every guy they brought in vs cards was breaking off some nasty ass pitches.

they've been favored the whole time and have been best team in baseball for a decade

If they ended up in a tie the game would have been played in SF so without looking I'm assuming SF won the head to head.
The 1 bet that has been golden with the Giants is their team total overs. They changed the dimensions at this park in favor of the hitters. Im biting on SF for the series and going with their team totals over in every game.

If they ended up in a tie the game would have been played in SF so without looking I'm assuming SF won the head to head.
The 1 bet that has been golden with the Giants is their team total overs. They changed the dimensions at this park in favor of the hitters. Im biting on SF for the series and going with their team totals over in every game.

I’m somewhat scared of Ferris Buehler. I’m having a pretty bad day of mlb! Told myself to stick with football since I been heating up with ncaa (expected), and even getting rolling a bit with NFL since I started focusing more on props! (Not expected! Lol).

Thought I could come into the mlb playoffs having not bet or followed it in months. Typically I am able to jump in from the sidelines and crank out some mlb winners!!! Not this year!! :(. Lost both wild card games, I did manage a win on Tampa yesterday, only freaking one I’ve cashed so far!! I guess I could simply bail and cut my losses while they still minimal! Not my style tho! Lol

they've been favored the whole time and have been best team in baseball for a decade

Cmon now, That is debatable!! They have won 1 WS during that 10 years of “dominance”!

someone might point out the 1 they did win should have a asterisk. A cynical person might say playing on neutral fields with hardly any fans in stands the only reason they won!! A cynical person that is! (Wink wink)! That same person might say the playoff pressure was far less intense!! The only inarguable thing about that statement is they definitely paying the most money!! I’ll give them that! :)

The cynical person forgot to mention that it was also a 60 game season so they were healthy/fresh for a change! Not gonna lie, that cynical person talking for me can be a prick and he often wrong!! Lol. Cynical guys nice twin is wanting me to say In fairness if houston wasn’t stealing signs doyers most likely win the ‘19 WS!! Lol

Nice call on the SF team total, wise.

Cmon now, That is debatable!! They have won 1 WS during that 10 years of “dominance”!

someone might point out the 1 they did win should have a asterisk. A cynical person might say playing on neutral fields with hardly any fans in stands the only reason they won!! A cynical person that is! (Wink wink)! That same person might say the playoff pressure was far less intense!! The only inarguable thing about that statement is they definitely paying the most money!! I’ll give them that! :)

Yeah they’ve been far from any sort of dynasty with the largest payroll in baseball winning one ship which was the equivalent of a bubble NBA ring. 50 games. Yikes!

Man Gausman dominated Dodgers with the exception of Muncy this year. Giants with good overall numbers vs Urias and saw him for well over 100 ABs, too.

Line feels inflated for the LA market likely to bomb LAD in Vegas.

if you don't think LAD has been the best team in MLB the past decade then i really don't know what to tell you

Would love to see this cinderella SF team bounce them though i still don't know how they can lose 3 of 5 considering the gap in talent

if you don't think LAD has been the best team in MLB the past decade then i really don't know what to tell you

Would love to see this cinderella SF team bounce them though i still don't know how they can lose 3 of 5 considering the gap in talent
I don't disagree at all with ya @GWarner27 LAD is the best team in MLB the past decade and maybe I don't have enough sample size to show it but to me this Dodgers lineup flat out doesn't have the teeth that is priced in to these current lines. Yep they are still the best team on paper but we are now looking at them being one awfully hung curveball to a .150 hitter away from scoring 1 run total in 3 of their 4 playoff games. Whether it's injuries (Muncy) or simply out of form hitters with sporadic at bats (like half the lineup) I'm not sure but I don't see why it would be much of a surprise at all to see this Giants team take 3 out of 5.

Maybe they wake up tonight and flip the switch and run the table the rest of the way. Entirely possible. But at this point I'm not sure the Giants pitching is fearing anything. At this point to me I'm not sure these teams aren't anything more than even given the dodgers lineup shortfalls. Still elite with the starting/relieving pitching of course but very gettable IMO given the current form of the lineup.

I don't disagree at all with ya @GWarner27 LAD is the best team in MLB the past decade and maybe I don't have enough sample size to show it but to me this Dodgers lineup flat out doesn't have the teeth that is priced in to these current lines. Yep they are still the best team on paper but we are now looking at them being one awfully hung curveball to a .150 hitter away from scoring 1 run total in 3 of their 4 playoff games. Whether it's injuries (Muncy) or simply out of form hitters with sporadic at bats (like half the lineup) I'm not sure but I don't see why it would be much of a surprise at all to see this Giants team take 3 out of 5.

Maybe they wake up tonight and flip the switch and run the table the rest of the way. Entirely possible. But at this point I'm not sure the Giants pitching is fearing anything. At this point to me I'm not sure these teams aren't anything more than even given the dodgers lineup shortfalls. Still elite with the starting/relieving pitching of course but very gettable IMO given the current form of the lineup.
Kinda echo your sentiments….brewers and dodgers both in big time funks with the bats right now. Not unusual for this to cost teams in the playoffs. Gotta have good pitching AND timely hitting to win playoff games.

Dodgers are gunna be tough..trey turner along with Sherzer should was monumental for them..should be a breeze to worldseries ..mookie betts has always thrived in big games , too many weapons plain and simple

Curious as to why their weapons & huge talent gap didn't separate themselves from the Giants during a 162 game season, or in the head to head matchup this year? Most people are acting like the Giants are in over their head here, but I don't think reality reflects that. They won 107 games which puts them in the top 20 MLB teams record wise of all-time. They don't have the payroll, or name recognition of the Dodgers, but that stuff only matters among the talking heads & advertisers. Doesn't matter at all on the field. This game could go either way, and if one side wins a 2-1 12 inning game tonight is that going to mean one team was superior to the other?

Dodgers throwing quite the wrinkle tonight…going with an “opener” (Knebel) as opposed to Urias. Nothing wrong with Urias, and he may very well be the guy who comes in after the 1st inning…but are they possibly outsmarting themselves?

Dodgers throwing quite the wrinkle tonight…going with an “opener” (Knebel) as opposed to Urias. Nothing wrong with Urias, and he may very well be the guy who comes in after the 1st inning…but are they possibly outsmarting themselves?
Yeah - dunno about this.

I know very little about baseball but love betting the games. Seems to me Dodgers know what they’re doing in such a critical game. Might not yield a win but have to think the decision gives em the best chance. No line movement yet at my book

Hard to bet against Logan Webb even as an undeserved favorite.

Knebel should be fine but always have blowup potential with an opener and that may be too much. Urias should keep them in it and would expect he throws well, but I’m not sure i will play LAD go SF

Back