• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

NLDS: Braves vs. Brewers Discussion Thread

MIL better bullpen, which is essential in this sport, but what else really?

ATL series +123 with a far better lineup, bullpen is inferior but not a seismic gap.

Hard to see Fried dogged to many right now though he was in the regular season to some scrubs, not a huge Morton fan considering his age.

Burnes is solid, Woodruff, too. Not a lot of faith in Peralta and losing Devin Williams to the drunken celebration broken hand is lol worthy

MIL better bullpen, which is essential in this sport, but what else really?

ATL series +123 with a far better lineup, bullpen is inferior but not a seismic gap.

Hard to see Fried dogged to many right now though he was in the regular season to some scrubs, not a huge Morton fan considering his age.

Burnes is solid, Woodruff, too. Not a lot of faith in Peralta and losing Devin Williams to the drunken celebration broken hand is lol worthy

I think losing Williams is a huge deal. I was big on Milw most the summer after they traded for Adames, then they traded for Escobar and thought they did enough to bolster the lineup. With those 3 starters anx williams/hader/rest of pen locking down the 7-8-9, Williams not being there in 8th changes a lot imo. I also expected yelich to find it at some point and he never has, dunno wtf happened to him?

Im not sure bout series but I do like the price to back Morton today, he been great of late and i like him as a big game pitcher. His history in milw is concerning but he hasn’t pitched there since ‘16 so prob not a big deal. He has owned this lineup and Braves have some good ab’s vs Burnes. Burnes was great out the pen in 18 but he doesn’t have the big game starting experience that Morton does. I thought this should be more like Milw -120 tops so huge value in the Braves today imo.

Braves have knocked Burnes around each time they have seen him! Milw -154? Cmon now. Braves all day to steal game 1! I also like Braves just played a meaningful playoff type series vs phillies last week while milw been on cruise control for a month!!

Braves have knocked Burnes around each time they have seen him! Milw -154? Cmon now. Braves all day to steal game 1! I also like Braves just played a meaningful playoff type series vs phillies last week while milw been on cruise control for a month!!
Hate to see this, think Brew in a sweep is a real possibility, 3-1 at worst

Braves seem like that 7-9 team that somehow got into the playoffs in NFL

Hate to see this, think Brew in a sweep is a real possibility, 3-1 at worst

Braves seem like that 7-9 team that somehow got into the playoffs in NFL

I could be wrong. I have some milw futures so I mean it won’t break my heart if I lose this one. Just think the price way too high here. I like Morton and think he will give Atl a chance today. I really don’t think milw pen as scary without Williams. I actually feel like Braves playing meaningful baseball down the stretch a big advantage to start the series. Lot of cards playoff runs came when they had a season similar to Braves. Obviously cards history is much better than Braves in playoffs, just 2 years ago we beat them in a series we had no business winning! Lol. Milw aint stl tho! I do think Brewers prob win the series but also think at these prices it worth a shot to play Braves to steal one of the 1st 2, I think this goes 5.,

I could be wrong. I have some milw futures so I mean it won’t break my heart if I lose this one. Just think the price way too high here. I like Morton and think he will give Atl a chance today. I really don’t think milw pen as scary without Williams. I actually feel like Braves playing meaningful baseball down the stretch a big advantage to start the series. Lot of cards playoff runs came when they had a season similar to Braves. Obviously cards history is much better than Braves in playoffs, just 2 years ago we beat them in a series we had no business winning! Lol. Milw aint stl tho! I do think Brewers prob win the series but also think at these prices it worth a shot to play Braves to steal one of the 1st 2, I think this goes 5.,
Brew v CWS or TB is ideal for me

I know the East was super weak, which crazy cause I thought it was stacked coming into the year but muts did what they do and Phillies still the Phillies (fish be winning this division sooner than later!), I think atl better than a 7-9 nfl playoff team tho. That seems way to disrespectful, they did a fantastic job at trade deadline after losing Acuna!

Brew v CWS or TB is ideal for me

I’d take that in a heartbeat. San Fran scares me tho. They have the same kind of team that always does well in postseason, minus a madbum type (is there such a thing, god that guy was amazing in playoffs!).,

I know the East was super weak, which crazy cause I thought it was stacked coming into the year but muts did what they do and Phillies still the Phillies (fish be winning this division sooner than later!), I think atl better than a 7-9 nfl playoff team tho. That seems way to disrespectful, they did a fantastic job at trade deadline after losing Acuna!
They would get blitzed by SFG or LAD, I do not want to see that

I’d take that in a heartbeat. San Fran scares me tho. They have the same kind of team that always does well in postseason, minus a madbum type (is there such a thing, god that guy was amazing in playoffs!).,
Was at g7 in KC when he balled the fuck out in extras

That woulda been a awesome game to be at tho! Don’t think there any sporting event I rather attend than playoff baseball! Elimination games in particular!

That woulda been a awesome game to be at tho! Don’t think there any sporting event I rather attend than playoff baseball!
Top 5 for me that game

G7 when Dbacks won will never be surpassed, Tiger US Open at Torrey playoff a distant 2nd

Wild Card game that year when KC beat Oakland in extras is probably 3rd and I'm not remotely a Royals fan but that game had it all

2001 g5 when Snakes beat the Cards in the division is in play too, that was chaos

Tony f'n Womack

Top 5 for me that game

G7 when Dbacks won will never be surpassed, Tiger US Open at Torrey playoff a distant 2nd

Wild Card game that year when KC beat Oakland in extras is probably 3rd and I'm not remotely a Royals fan but that game had it all

Think my favorite was when cards best Astros in game 7, of course bit a bummer cause I knew we had no chance vs Red Sox that year! Didn’t even bother shelling out for WS cause I knew what was gonna happen! Kills me I was just downtown but not at the games against rangers! Game 6 was best game ever!! Went to gm 5 when we won WS vs Tigers but i mean that was a forgone conclusion so wasnt the same drama.

2001 WS was nuts, I got laid off after 9/11 and just went to town on WS tickets that year

Got 4 for G1, sold 2 and went with buddy (he got face value)

Sold all 4 for G2

Had 12 for G6 and again went with bud but the other 10 were sold at a nice premium, mostly Yanks fans flying in. Loved how that game shut them up.

Lucky to get 4 for G7, sold 2 and buddy again paid face to be there. Absolute last row in the stadium but right behind the plate. So high beer runs weren't a thing and glad I wasn't too wasted to enjoy. What a crazy series and after 9/11 to boot.

2001 WS was nuts, I got laid off after 9/11 and just went to town on WS tickets that year

Got 4 for G1, sold 2 and went with buddy (he got face value)

Sold all 4 for G2

Had 12 for G6 and again went with bud but the other 10 were sold at a nice premium, mostly Yanks fans flying in. Loved how that game shut them up.

Lucky to get 4 for G7, sold 2 and buddy again paid face to be there. Absolute last row in the stadium but right behind the plate. So high beer runs weren't a thing and glad I wasn't too wasted to enjoy. What a crazy series and after 9/11 to boot.

Man you had to make a killing on those! Pretty much all the big cards playoff games and WS I been to I paid between 800-1k per ticket! Fuckinh dumb, I didn’t care bout money back then tho! Lol

Man you had to make a killing on those! Pretty much all the big cards playoff games and WS I been to I paid between 800-1k per ticket! Fuckinh dumb, I didn’t care bout money back then tho! Lol
Did well, now too lazy to play the game

2014 and 2015 WS in KC paid face through a bud w/the dbacks but was told clearly...do not sell. Not that I would have anyway but looking back it's nuts that somehow I made it to two game 7s and didn't have to wear some corny Marlins costume

I think it's a 5 game series either way. The Braves are any entirely different team since they acquired Soler, Duval, and Pedersen. Yes it was a dog shit division, but let's not forget they never spent a day above .500 until Aug 6th.

Morton is aging. I would've started Fried. Then I could've brought him back on short rest for game 4.

I probably lean Milw for the series. But I don't see the mismatch that alot of people do.

2da back on his marlins boat

I think it's a 5 game series either way. The Braves are any entirely different team since they acquired Soler, Duval, and Pedersen. Yes it was a dog shit division, but let's not forget they never spent a day above .500 until Aug 6th.

Morton is aging. I would've started Fried. Then I could've brought him back on short rest for game 4.

I probably lean Milw for the series. But I don't see the mismatch that alot of people do.
Hard to find 1-2 punch pitching better than morton/fried the last month or so…

I think braves punch them in the mouth today. Was really impressed with the bullpen keeping brewers down late, even tho there were baserunners everywhere the last 3 innings! Anderson has been solid of late, post injury, and has been here before. I think we see a game alot like cws/hou yesterday, where braves jump out early, allows anderson to pound strikes, and milw lineup pretty brutal right now.

I think braves punch them in the mouth today. Was really impressed with the bullpen keeping brewers down late, even tho there were baserunners everywhere the last 3 innings! Anderson has been solid of late, post injury, and has been here before. I think we see a game alot like cws/hou yesterday, where braves jump out early, allows anderson to pound strikes, and milw lineup pretty brutal right now.
Hope you are right.

Want to keep my future alive for a bit.

Not sure who wins this G3 (have slight lean to Milwaukee) but do think we get some runs today. I took O8 -120. If bats continue to not be able to drive in runs, so be it.

Brew should run train on that tomahawk choppin' ass today

-1.5 all the way up to -4.5 for me

That's why I thought they should've started Fried game 1. He'd be more likely to give you something on short rest.

What would you have done? Start Ynoa?
I really don't want to see Ynoa anytime. He's been awful since coming back from breaking his hand.

Since Smyly has been demoted, he's not stretched out and probably limited to 3 innings

There's really no good answer. Morton wants the ball.

I would expect morton to do morton things….short rest or not. He’s a big game pitcher from houston days, and i don’t expect that to change today. In his only other short rest appearance, albeit in relief, he pitched well only giving up 1 run across 4 innings. At this point, the way the milw bats are going i’m not sure it matters a whole lot who pitches. I will pay to see them wake up….braves ML and milw TT under 3.5 for me.

Back