• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

NLCS: Dodgers vs. Braves Discussion Thread

I'm seeing Dodgers -220 now
Yeah, that opener I posted seemed a bit light.

Obviously, you are a pretty even keel fan about this team...and I have a future so I am also a fan... but does this go past 5 games?

Atlanta lineup is very good but that pitching staff does not impress me one bit outside of Fried who is a legitimate ace. When Morton and the other guys go from facing the AAA quality Brewers lineup to facing Mookie, the Turners, Seager etc its going to be a rough going for them.

Braves have to win the 1st 2 in Atlanta or it's not coming back to ATL.

Chavez Ravine has always been a house of horrors for them. Swept there this year and lost 10 of last 11 there.

Braves have been pretty fortunate the last 2 years to avoid the Dodgers until the NLCS. Got passed Cincy and Miami last year. Then Milw this year.

The Braves had pretty decent success vs Scherzer. Although he was lights out vs them back in August, like he was all season for the Dodgers.

Looks like Scherzer is expected to go tomorrow which makes sense, most of these guys do 60 pitch bullpen sessions 3 days after their starts so yesterday kinda worked out for that

I took Atlanta tonight thinking its pretty much a must win game with Fried going against the LA bullpen. If Atlanta loses tonight this series lasts 5 games.
Yep. I still think the Braves have to win both. Even if they split, I don't think it comes back to ATL. The Dodgers will win all 3 in LA.

Rotation has been set. Max game two, Buehler game 3 and Urias in 4. Braves really need to win game one or they are in big trouble the way this series sets up.

Braves at -108 ish seems like they are begging you to take the home team. Very short line for a rested team who is at home in a must win spot.

I took Atlanta tonight thinking its pretty much a must win game with Fried going against the LA bullpen. If Atlanta loses tonight this series lasts 5 games.
Could be true, but I wouldn’t bet against Atl #2 or #3 starter either. This series may surprise a lot of folks.

Will be on Dodgers tomorrow and I hate it

Think they'll do what BOS did tonight other than give up runs to let the opponent back into the game

My biggest concern with backing Los Angeles is the fact that Atlanta has a lot of experience with Scherzer from his time with Washington. In the last 17.1 innings against Atlanta, Scherzer has given up 10 runs, 6HR. He hasn’t been especially sharp coming into the playoffs, but did look great in that 1-0 loss in NLDS. I’m holding a pretty decent ticket on Los Angeles to win the World Series, so maybe that’s why I’m over analyzing, but I think I’m staying away from the -190 today and MAYBE playing the Dodgers at -135 for the series.

A lot of different looks helps unders, bats can’t get in a rhythm

First off, @Play2win was right about this, good call. Second, I'm just dumb enough to jump back on this over today. Someone gets to five. Probably LA. But I think you have to go over 4 to get the W today, over 7.5 at +105, sure, let's do it.

Braves going with Ynoa who has been trash since coming off the DL. Can't believe he's even on the NLCS roster after his performance in the NLDS.

Braves have lost 10 in a row at Dodger Stadium. They're gonna regret not finishing that game last night.

....and Dodgers have won both their Bullpen games......what a weird way to win games. You'd think with Scherzer, Walker, et al...they would be ones winning games...go figure.

....and Dodgers have won both their Bullpen games......what a weird way to win games. You'd think with Scherzer, Walker, et al...they would be ones winning games...go figure.
Odd, odd stuff.

Virtual toss up going back to ATL.

Back