• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

***NFL In-Game Thread***

The expected value of giving them middle of the field and a hail mary is much lower than regular defense where they can get ran behind by wide receivers and a touchdown

They were giving them 10-15 yards on freaking sideline: the chances of Dak hitting a wr past niners corners in stride was zilch: the 1 time all game a guy got past the coverage he brought him back w the throw/. You can keep safeties back and still not be as soft as they were playing, I don’t understand why they would let them have the 50 for even a chance?

9ers are like elite prize fighters who literally give 4 of the first 6 rounds away

I have no clue what I think bout them v Philly? I don’t think Philly wants to see them line up and pound it, I also don’t think they be able to play a 1st half like today and still be in it at philly. So beats the hell out of me.

I have no clue what I think bout them v Philly? I don’t think Philly wants to see them line up and pound it, I also don’t think they be able to play a 1st half like today and still be in it at philly. So beats the hell out of me.

I think for the first time all season the 9ers have to bring the fight early. They practice vs the wide 9 every day so they should know what’s up

I really lean Philly. Coaching advantage pretty significant to 49’ers, I will admit that. I’m anxious to see this one. I know AFC game has the cache, but like the night cap. And feeling the Birds. Interesting game and should be popping out there.

Initial thought is the Eagles win it by a couple of scores. Niners bread and butter is RAC. Philly can control that as well as Dallas did. Cmac is what he is...a white guy playing RB. Philly covers guys out of the backfield they'll be OK. Eagles have two top end CBs to clamp on WRs. Kittle is probably the biggest danger.

Eagles offensive line is as good as it gets. Niners can pick their poison, Brown or Smith. Dallas lacked that 2nd WR to pressure on the D yet Lamb still got his. Schultz is somewhat effective but Goettert is more like Kittle in terms of degree of difficulty.

Throw all that together then add a rookie QB in his first road playoff game I'd expect Philly to get it done.

I really lean Philly. Coaching advantage pretty significant to 49’ers, I will admit that. I’m anxious to see this one. I know AFC game has the cache, but like the night cap. And feeling the Birds. Interesting game and should be popping out there.

As much as niners annoyed me today I’ve thought they were class of nfc all year. I think it be a really good game but if I can get 3 points I’ll prob take them. I see a path for both teams/. Niners power football isn’t Philly strength to stop, unlike Dallas Philly will threaten niners deep and hurts a more willing runnier than Dak, niners d will have to spy I think, that prob makes them more vulnerable to deep shots. It should be a really good game unless niners play another 1st half like this, lol.

I don’t follow the team super close so am not in the know, but do they need to start talking about replacing McDermot in Buffalo? Team did not seem prepared today and seem to be perpetually underperforming?

@inZane is 6 mo older than me , so...

Lol. Waaayyy older than that.

As a matter of fact, I was the tail gunner on the Enola Gaay for both of those missions...

230104-george-santos-mn-1515-727167.jpg

I didn't understand the last play.....I'm assuming there was going to be some kind of pitch to Lamb trailing behind the blockers but Dak couldn't throw an accurate ball, so the receiver left his feet and was an easy target, whatever.

What I don't understand with all teams on that type of final play is why they put five slow offensive linemen on the field at all. IMO you put your three TEs at the center and guard spots and your two best ball skill cornerbacks at the tackle spots and get all eleven guys out there who are comfortable handling the football, have some wheels and can run in a broken field.

Of course, any time you put a CB on the field with the ball you risk his cowardly ass just running himself out of bounds to avoid a hit, but it's got to be better than watching a 320 lb lineman wearing a cast on his hand and elbow braces try to handle the ball.

As much as niners annoyed me today I’ve thought they were class of nfc all year. I think it be a really good game but if I can get 3 points I’ll prob take them. I see a path for both teams/. Niners power football isn’t Philly strength to stop, unlike Dallas Philly will threaten niners deep and hurts a more willing runnier than Dak, niners d will have to spy I think, that prob makes them more vulnerable to deep shots. It should be a really good game unless niners play another 1st half like this, lol.

9ers defense is like the Redskins on crack. And the Skins were significantly the better team this year @ Philly. If you can stop the run with 4 DL and a couple of LBs and make Hurts pick apart a crowded zone - you're on your way. I think the opening line speaks volume about this matchup.

I didn't understand the last play.....I'm assuming there was going to be some kind of pitch to Lamb trailing behind the blockers but Dak couldn't throw an accurate ball, so the receiver left his feet and was an easy target, whatever.

What I don't understand with all teams on that type of final play is why they put five slow offensive linemen on the field at all. IMO you put your three TEs at the center and guard spots and your two best ball skill cornerbacks at the tackle spots and get all eleven guys out there who are comfortable handling the football, have some wheels and can run in a broken field.

Of course, any time you put a CB on the field with the ball you risk his cowardly ass just running himself out of bounds to avoid a hit, but it's got to be better than watching a 320 lb lineman wearing a cast on his hand and elbow braces try to handle the ball.
Nail on the head

Once that first pass is completed (hopefully accurately) o-line guys become virtually worthless. Need speed, luck, and football intelligence to pull it off. And luck.

I don’t follow the team super close so am not in the know, but do they need to start talking about replacing McDermot in Buffalo? Team did not seem prepared today and seem to be perpetually underperforming?

He's a defensive "guru" who couldn't get a stop on Mahomes last year and looked completely lost this year.

They won't get rid of him this offseason but that staff is mediocre at best. Dorsey stinks, Frazier stinks, Doug is average. Team is a good step behind KC and Cinci and their only hope is that those 2 attrition. I don't see KC dropping off - Bengals def will when Joe makes 50 million a year and they need to resign Chase. Higgins and other key pieces will be gone.

Hard to see Buffalo sustaining though with 100 million split over 3 players in Allen, Diggs (prick Diva who showed his colors yest) and Von Miller who is old and now hurt.

Nail on the head

Once that first pass is completed (hopefully accurately) o-line guys become virtually worthless. Need speed, luck, and football intelligence to pull it off. And luck.

It was the right scheme/idea for sure. 9ers didn't play enough of a prevent to allow everything to happen.

Reactions: KJ
I like Dak. I don't think he was 100% healthy or something this season. But wow, what a legacy-defining stinker.

It was the right scheme/idea for sure. 9ers didn't play enough of a prevent to allow everything to happen.
Regardless the outcome of that play....how couldn't you be impressed with Zeke's shotgun snap? That could have gone anywhere.

9ers defense is like the Redskins on crack. And the Skins were significantly the better team this year @ Philly. If you can stop the run with 4 DL and a couple of LBs and make Hurts pick apart a crowded zone - you're on your way. I think the opening line speaks volume about this matchup.

We should prob move this to the discussion thread before @VirginiaCavs gets on us!

I’m With ya, I have said this plenty, I think the path for Philly winning would be both teams struggle to punch it in red zone and eagles hit a few big plays which I think they can do, that the one place niners d vulnerable, that why I never worried much bout Dallas cause Dak isn’t a willing deep thrower or they just don’t take shots, you gotta pick up big chunks along the way, you not gonna consistently drive the field on this niners d. I think Philly can do that but I also think both teams at their best when they have a dominant run game and I have far more confidence niners power run game works against Philly d more than Philly zone read works against niners d. I think it takes a Herculean effort from hurts to win this game, he capable but niners as dogs feels like the stronger play to me. Why should I jump ship now? I been saying they going to SB since day 1, i would hate myself if I flipped to eagles and lost, if I lose w niners at least I stuck to what I believed all season.

I saw it in a playoff game the week before, so I knew what was coming when that flag came out, but yeah it''s rare.
What I meant was a DL holding an offensive lineman, I know they get called holding a TE or tackle-eligible receiver occasionally, but to get called holding a blocking lineman, I honestly have never seen that as far as I can remember. :oops:

What I meant was a DL holding an offensive lineman, I know they get called holding a TE or tackle-eligible receiver occasionally, but to get called holding a blocking lineman, I honestly have never seen that as far as I can remember. :oops:
It gets called once in a while, but probably only 1 out of every 50 times that it happens.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. It happened in one of the prior week's games.

Got Niners +3 and ML

And a fun parlay CMC o34.5 yds receiving/Deebo o4.5 receptions/Kittle o3.5 receptions....50 pays something like 350 on that one

Back