• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] First we'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we have experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

***NFL In-Game Thread***

Didn't see Parcells with the Mannings but did they bring up the fact that the reason Peyton stayed at Tennessee for his senior year was because Parcells wouldn't commit to drafting him with the Jets. Great coach and all but Parcells fucking that up caused many years of misery for any Jets fan.

Didn't see Parcells with the Mannings but did they bring up the fact that the reason Peyton stayed at Tennessee for his senior year was because Parcells wouldn't commit to drafting him with the Jets. Great coach and all but Parcells fucking that up caused many years of misery for any Jets fan.
Really? I’ve never heard that one.

Really? I’ve never heard that one.
Its something that isn't often brought up but its 100% true. Parcells just took over the Jets and they had the first pick in the draft. He had a formula that he never deviated from when it came to drafting QBs; the QB had to be a senior and he had to have won I believe 28 games in his college career. Of course Peyton being a junior didn't meet this stupid standard so Parcells told the family that he wouldn't pick him.

Archie very much wanted Peyton to play for a proven winner and all Parcells had to do was commit to drafting him and Peyton would have been a Jet and probably would have won a championship with Parcells as his coach. Instead the Jets have won nothing since and the few fans that know this story are still bothered by it.

Just to show you how stupid Parcells criteria in drafting QBs was it disqualified Peyton but led Parcells to draft Pat White in the 2nd round when he was running Miami.

Its something that isn't often brought up but its 100% true. Parcells just took over the Jets and they had the first pick in the draft. He had a formula that he never deviated from when it came to drafting QBs; the QB had to be a senior and he had to have won I believe 28 games in his college career. Of course Peyton being a junior didn't meet this stupid standard so Parcells told the family that he wouldn't pick him.

Archie very much wanted Peyton to play for a proven winner and all Parcells had to do was commit to drafting him and Peyton would have been a Jet and probably would have won a championship with Parcells as his coach. Instead the Jets have won nothing since and the few fans that know this story are still bothered by it.

Just to show you how stupid Parcells criteria in drafting QBs was it disqualified Peyton but led Parcells to draft Pat White in the 2nd round when he was running Miami.
Fwiw I'd watch Peyton and Leaf do a show too

Lots of life experience down two different paths that would be an incredible watch/listen

Not sure where the Leos can get their energy from in the 2h, certainly not the crowd or the pace these refs are having this played at

It pains me to see Goff tumble like has. No confidence, no clue of situational football. He's about as ignorant a QB as there is. Just terrible to watch.

It pains me to see Goff tumble like has. No confidence, no clue of situational football. He's about as ignorant a QB as there is. Just terrible to watch.
Cards picked up McSorely this week for 3rd string and my brain instantly thought it was Hackenburg lol

To think we drafted one of the best TEs in the game today as a QB several years ago, the scouting has definitely improved

Buddy just sent a text that the turkey tested positive for bird flu but he *thinks* it's a false positive

That seems fair

cuntry is my #1 despise. then grunge. rap is close behind. i could deal with the 80s and 90s rap, this stuff is trash though.
Kurtis Blow to Run DMC to 2 Live Crew to Body Count

All so great. Thinking Vanilla Ice is what made the industry angry

They brought up the draft, Parcells said he would have taken him

My favorite play, taking a knee...

Under and the cats +3 looks like a good start to the day.

Also fuck tony romo blowing micah Parsons and saying nothing about mad maxx who is the 2nd best rated edge in the league by pff and ngakoue is top 10

League almost always call that a fumble with automatic review. But they make Dallas have to challenge it. Just saying…

Was such an obvious no catch, even though goodell called in to tell the officials to make it a fumble, they couldnt do it

Back