• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

NFC Championship: 49ers vs. Eagles Discussion Thread

Revenge Game For Purdy!

Jalen Hurts and Brock Purdy meet again.

This time it will be on January 29, when the San Francisco 49ers meet the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFC Championship Game at the Linc.

The quarterbacks will be hard-pressed to repeat their 2019 contest when Oklahoma and Iowa State dueled in a Big 12 contest.

The game wasn’t settled until a late two-point conversion pass by Purdy was intercepted by Parnell Motley with 24 seconds left.

Final score: Oklahoma 42, Iowa State 41.
Game was a classic too, just landed on the wrong side

Hurts Purdy.jpg

Another thing about Purdy.....on that last long Niners drive Sunday when they took 8 minutes off the clock and went up 19-12, he was always taking the snap with one second left on the play clock. Always. A subtle thing that drained a minute or two off the game clock and something that drives me nuts seeing (even experienced) QBs taking the snap with 10 or more seconds left on the clock in that same scenario. Purdy had things under control, managing the game and doing a great job to make sure the the Cowboys had limited clock availability to win. That ultimately rolled down to Dallas having less than a minute left when they got the ball on the last drive.

What was Brown doing on the sidelines in a 24 point win?

Two different types of franchises here…

You do realize the division that the 9ers “superior” D line spent much of the season shutting down right? I would take every NFC East team over every other NFC west team except POSSIBLY Seattle/Washington. As stupid as you find my arguments, I find yours just as absurd.
Oh, and you have seen the sack numbers I’m assuming?

Average Seattle destroyed Giants. Went toe to toe with Detroit who Giants couldn’t stay on the same field with, too.

8-2 in my fan capping so far this playoffs including a divisional playoff 4-0 run. Please let my boss Scott Sharp know how well I am doing. In the last 10 selections (note I didn't say bets) I am 8-2 and he is 13-0. Hard to compete with 13-0 in the last 10 but I want to keep trying. Let's see what that means for this coming weekend ... likely regression to the mean!

Eagles minus the pts. -- I liked what Mitchell did vs the Cowboys this past weekend but the niners got McC for a reason and he makes a big difference in my opinion. Appears there is a chance he will be limited and I think that is devastating. Niners coach largely took the ball out of Purdy's hands at home against a similar level defense but will need to be more aggressive with him on the road in Philly. Not sure if it was because he was extremely confidenct his defense could stop dak and the zeke/pollard (injury hurt) running attack or not and didn't want the kid to lose it for him or what was going on there but I think he would have been better suited to let the kid continue to grow with meaningful playoff snaps. While I don't think confidence is a factor, I think inexperience still is. Eagles continue their lucky streak of constantly playing against non-elite QB's (not saying Purdy couldn't turn into a great QB but just not yet). That will end no matter who they play in the super bowl if they win this week but for now they get to load up to stop the run and see if niners are willing to do what they were not willing to do at home against the cowboys, which is throw the ball downfield. Eagles have defended tight ends well all year compared to most of the league so Purdy will have to spread it around more this week and rely on Kittle less. I actually have preferred the Niners as a team to the Eagles all season and still think they are just as good as the Eagles on the whole but like how the birds match up with a hobbled McC and how it looks situationally. I think Hurts makes a couple plays with his legs that gets the Eagles just over the edge to win. 27-23. If the Niner coach unleashes Purdy and Purdy plays like he has when he has been allowed to just play football so far, then I will be wrong.

Chiefs plus the points - I think Mahomes will likely be in better condition than most people think with the ankle. That is enough to make the line very playable to me as if Mahomes is anywhere remotely close to healthy they should be the favorite. I know what bengals did last week and I believe in their team but let us not forget they should have lost at home two weeks ago to a Huntley led Ravens team for heavens sake. Now they are road faves at KC? I will take my chances with that.

Retrovk
Lower Rung Employee of Scott Sharp Enterprises

Onenihu arrested for allegedly pushing a woman to the ground who is now complaining of arm soreness. Important rotational piece of the 9ers who have zero tolerance for this stuff.

I actually was thinking the same thing this morning. I am sure people close to the situation know the extent and nature of the sprain.

I decided to look up what is publicly available re this injury.

...those players who sustain a high ankle sprain are often out of sports for four to six weeks depending upon the injury severity. Sports that involve cutting and pivoting, such as football, are especially difficult to play in the setting of a high ankle sprain. The player’s position may also dictate the length of recuperation as running backs or linebackers who have to quickly change direction are often the most disabled with this injury

It is important to understand that because the structures involved in a high ankle sprain can lead to instability of the primary ankle joint, rehabilitation and total healing take much longer recovery time than a traditional ankle sprain. This is the point that coaches need to understand. ALL ANKLE SPRAINS ARE NOT THE SAME.

Recovery from a mild high ankle sprain may take several weeks and recovery from a severe high ankle sprain may take several months. It’s important to note the all ankle sprains are not the same. High ankle sprains take longer to heal.

The rehab process for a high-ankle sprain is not easy.

“It would take you or I weeks," [Dr.] Newman said.

But for a well condition athlete like Mahomes, with the AFC Championship just days away, weeks are not an option.

Rockhurst trainer Paul McGannon has been taping , stretching and getting ankles rehabbed in time for game day for nearly 40 years.

"It's one of the most common injuries we see in athletics," McGannon said.

He says getting ice on the ankle would have been one of the first orders of business.

To minimize pain and stiffness trainers will set out to improve his range of motion. Too much weight-bearing will only serve to irritate and inflame the injury.

As the week progresses, Mahomes will move toward strengthening exercises for his ankle and leg. All of which, will be done with state-of-the-art technology to ensure as little inflammation as possible for the injury.

Balance and stability training will be the final part of the process, mainly to build confidence in Mahomes' ability to cut and plant on the football field.

The goal is to get to agility drills, but only when athletes are ready.

The QB won’t be 100%, but he’ll do everything in his power to be able to go come Sunday.
MODS - this needs to go in Chiefs thread, sorry

I actually was thinking the same thing this morning. I am sure people close to the situation know the extent and nature of the sprain.

I decided to look up what is publicly available re this injury.

...those players who sustain a high ankle sprain are often out of sports for four to six weeks depending upon the injury severity. Sports that involve cutting and pivoting, such as football, are especially difficult to play in the setting of a high ankle sprain. The player’s position may also dictate the length of recuperation as running backs or linebackers who have to quickly change direction are often the most disabled with this injury

It is important to understand that because the structures involved in a high ankle sprain can lead to instability of the primary ankle joint, rehabilitation and total healing take much longer recovery time than a traditional ankle sprain. This is the point that coaches need to understand. ALL ANKLE SPRAINS ARE NOT THE SAME.

Recovery from a mild high ankle sprain may take several weeks and recovery from a severe high ankle sprain may take several months. It’s important to note the all ankle sprains are not the same. High ankle sprains take longer to heal.

The rehab process for a high-ankle sprain is not easy.

“It would take you or I weeks," [Dr.] Newman said.

But for a well condition athlete like Mahomes, with the AFC Championship just days away, weeks are not an option.

Rockhurst trainer Paul McGannon has been taping , stretching and getting ankles rehabbed in time for game day for nearly 40 years.

"It's one of the most common injuries we see in athletics," McGannon said.

He says getting ice on the ankle would have been one of the first orders of business.

To minimize pain and stiffness trainers will set out to improve his range of motion. Too much weight-bearing will only serve to irritate and inflame the injury.

As the week progresses, Mahomes will move toward strengthening exercises for his ankle and leg. All of which, will be done with state-of-the-art technology to ensure as little inflammation as possible for the injury.

Balance and stability training will be the final part of the process, mainly to build confidence in Mahomes' ability to cut and plant on the football field.

The goal is to get to agility drills, but only when athletes are ready.

The QB won’t be 100%, but he’ll do everything in his power to be able to go come Sunday.
Again an athlete of my stature took a full 9 months to actually "recover"

Could have performed at a high level after 4 months tho

Is mccaffery hurt? I’ve heard it mentioned a few times in passing but not much. I don’t remember seeing him get hurt, last play niners ram was a throw to him, did he get hurt on that play?

Is mccaffery hurt? I’ve heard it mentioned a few times in passing but not much. I don’t remember seeing him get hurt, last play niners ram was a throw to him, did he get hurt on that play?

Bruise. Think he’ll be fine. But I think Mitchell was what finally broke Dallas’ will in the 4th. Love them both!

My Life Has Been SURROUNDED By 9er Fans. So I've Been Asking Em THIS Question?

1. If The 9ers Lose, Why Do They Lose?!

2. If The 9ers WIN, Why Do They Win?!

Answers Most Given?!

1. Our DB's And The Refs.

2. Coaching.

Any CTG 9er Fans Wanna Add To This List?!

:shake:

My Life Has Been SURROUNDED By 9er Fans. So I've Been Asking Em THIS Question?

1. If The 9ers Lose, Why Do They Lose?!

2. If The 9ers WIN, Why Do They Win?!

Answers Most Given?!

1. Our DB's And The Refs.

2. Coaching.

Any CTG 9er Fans Wanna Add To This List?!

:shake:

9ers can’t stop the run with 5-6 in the box then it will be a problem.

They’ll win if they can run the ball better than the Eagles. I think it’s actually a much simpler game than most are making it. I don’t see Hurts throwing the ball around for 400 yards. Mooney Ward is the best CB on the field.

9ers can’t stop the run with 5-6 in the box then it will be a problem.

They’ll win if they can run the ball better than the Eagles. I think it’s actually a much simpler game than most are making it. I don’t see Hurts throwing the ball around for 400 yards. Mooney Ward is the best CB on the field.
Yeah I see an under game after QBs will be the story all week...but it will be who creates 2nd/3rd and short more than the other team.

Doubt either QB does something disastrous

Two plays, other than that I’ll concentrate on eating too many wings and drinking too many cervezas. Just hope it’s a good one

Philly by 1-13 at +140

Largest lead under 14.5 at -113

GLTA

If this game was as easy as "fade the rookie QB on the road in Philly blah blah" and "Eagles have no holes!"...why is the line only -2.5?

I am seeing 91% of the bets on Philly ML and 70% on -2.5.

Vegas is laying the trap.

I didn't get to watch the niners/boys game.......I went back and watched the condensed highlights and seemed that it was a very equal game if not more dallas until last 5 minutes...........dallas fumbled at their 20 , was driving for a score when threw a pick.

I happen to believe, if dallas, and philly played this week philly would win by a 10+ margin........Dallas d has been rather poor at times is it not a concern san fran couldn't get to 20 ?

part of my faith - perhaps blind - is a belief philly has been the best team all year since the start of the year but they play possom every now and then and has an ability to raise their level of play...........when gannon plays soft conservative defense, they look worse then they are......when they play aggressive and play intense, I think the defense can be a different one. .........when we look at the common opponents cardinals and skins, etc........i think philly could really demolish those teams in a rematch

Home field should be worth more than 1.7 points in this situation, i think its worth 4-5 points - crowd will really help the defense, and against a rookie

I'm on the Niners and think Shanahan is a really good coach. But it seems like more and more he's made out to be some unbridled savant.

This was so eye-opening, from earlier in the season (don't recall when).

Ffyq9GnVQAEUelm

Reactions: KJ
I'm on the Niners and think Shanahan is a really good coach. But it seems like more and more he's made out to be some unbridled savant.

Ffyq9GnVQAEUelm
I honestly don't understand it, the name makes me cringe. Just like his dad I feel like the team wins in spite of him with talent as opposed to him. Feels like half the people on here could do better than him, the name gets luck boxed into a bunch of talent.

Shanahan at worst is a top 7 coach in the league. He also proven to develop a coaching tree (.e. Saleh, McDaniels, Ryans) Who would the Niners hire that is better, and more importantly available?

Shanahan at worst is a top 7 coach in the league. He also proven to develop a coaching tree (.e. Saleh, McDaniels, Ryans) Who would the Niners hire that is better, and more importantly available?
I think they won Sunday by 7 in spite of Shanahan, play calling was so conservative it kept Dallas around

They should have won by three scores

Ffyq9GnVQAEUelm

That must have been after the week 7 loss to the Chiefs, after that they went 3-0 when trailing at the half; and 2-0 when trailing after 3 and by 3+. Seems like they satisfied that craving at least to some degree.

For gigs, I pulled all teams since 2017, when trailing at half and after 3Q, the 49ers are average.

TeamgamesRankRecordgamesRankRecord
Bears51219-42-0 (-9.22, 17.6%)51178-43-0 (-9.98, 15.7%)
Bengals511710-40-1 (-10.16, 20.0%)52188-44-0 (-10.92, 15.4%)
Bills32108-24-0 (-10.50, 25.0%)31155-26-0 (-12.84, 16.1%)
Broncos55267-48-0 (-10.78, 12.7%)57266-51-0 (-10.96, 10.5%)
Browns49314-44-1 (-11.51, 8.3%)51285-45-1 (-11.27, 10.0%)
Buccaneers501312-38-0 (-6.42, 24.0%)501010-40-0 (-7.50, 20.0%)
Cardinals562010-45-1 (-10.38, 18.2%)52207-44-1 (-11.83, 13.7%)
Chargers39711-28-0 (-7.74, 28.2%)42511-31-0 (-7.50, 26.2%)
Chiefs30116-14-0 (-1.10, 53.3%)24112-12-0 (-2.21, 50.0%)
Colts421210-31-1 (-7.98, 24.4%)45710-34-1 (-9.40, 22.7%)
Commanders54257-47-0 (-10.81, 13.0%)57246-50-1 (-11.47, 10.7%)
Cowboys39169-30-0 (-7.51, 23.1%)38313-35-0 (-10.89, 7.9%)
Dolphins521512-40-0 (-11.79, 23.1%)561111-45-0 (-12.34, 19.6%)
Eagles43812-31-0 (-6.05, 27.9%)38127-30-1 (-8.34, 18.9%)
Falcons44285-39-0 (-10.11, 11.4%)50236-44-0 (-10.22, 12.0%)
Fortyniners401010-30-0 (-7.65, 25.0%)37146-31-0 (-9.81, 16.2%)
Giants64249-55-0 (-9.89, 14.1%)59276-53-0 (-11.47, 10.2%)
Jaguars602310-50-0 (-11.38, 16.7%)61296-55-0 (-12.28, 9.8%)
Jets55295-50-0 (-15.40, 9.1%)62305-57-0 (-14.44, 8.1%)
Lions51276-45-0 (-10.88, 11.8%)53227-46-0 (-11.30, 13.2%)
Packers41217-24-0 (-5.85, 41.5%)39610-29-0 (-8.69, 25.6%)
Panthers45304-41-0 (-11.93, 8.9%)50322-48-0 (-12.72, 4.0%)
Patriots34148-26-0 (-8.21, 23.5%)36195-31-0 (-9.03, 13.9%)
Raiders48199-39-0 (-12.96, 18.8%)51207-44-0 (-13.25, 13.7%)
Rams3599-26-0 (-7.03, 25.7%)38166-32-0 (-9.74, 15.8%)
Ravens30176-24-0 (-6.90, 20.0%)2996-23-0 (-7.59, 20.7%)
Saints38415-23-0 (-4.11, 39.5%)34310-24-0 (-6.24, 29.4%)
Seahawks43515-28-0 (-3.42, 34.9%)39137-32-0 (-6.64, 17.9%)
Steelers41217-24-0 (-5.37, 41.5%)43215-27-1 (-6.23, 35.7%)
Texans48324-44-0 (-12.42, 8.3%)56256-50-0 (-11.88, 10.7%)
Titans43613-30-0 (-8.07, 30.2%)41412-29-0 (-9.00, 29.3%)
Vikings36226-29-1 (-8.36, 17.1%)47810-36-1 (-7.19, 21.7%)

I think they won Sunday by 7 in spite of Shanahan, play calling was so conservative it kept Dallas around

They should have won by three scores

Tuesday morning head coaching is very easy to do. At the end of the day they won (and covered) against a very good team. Everything else is secondary.

Tuesday morning head coaching is very easy to do. At the end of the day they won (and covered) against a very good team. Everything else is secondary.
I don't think the family tree is good, pretty much luck boxed

I'm surprised fans would supoort him so much...he was terrible last week

Flip side is I'm not sure Brock succeeds without him. Bunch of angles.

This roster is the best I can remember in the last decade, absolutely no reason they aren't kicing ass and taking names but the scheme was gross last week
Funny thing is they covered....but that was archaic.

If this game was as easy as "fade the rookie QB on the road in Philly blah blah" and "Eagles have no holes!"...why is the line only -2.5?

Purdy isn’t dropping back 50 times having to go through 3-4 reads. Kittle down the seem and Debo in space with a couple of traditional throws to Aiyuk. I doubt he’s going to be overly shook and the gameplan won’t call for it. He was always a feisty guy in college and seems well grounded. The line when it came out gave me so much hope and allows for me to hedge a smidge on 9er futures. I thought it was have been Eagles -200 or so.

Cowboys were well prepared for that game defensively. More so than any other team will be or has been. 9ers kicked too many FGs but scored 5 times….

Everyone was on the Giants when they played the Vikings. If capping was all about this than lets all jump on SF. What are we waiting on?

Everyone was on the Giants when they played the Vikings. If capping was all about this than lets all jump on SF. What are we waiting on?

Who’s waiting? I’m 5 units on 49ers ML.

Btw even the Giants public money was only like 55%. No where close to this.

Who’s waiting? I’m 5 units on 49ers ML.

Btw even the Giants public money was only like 55%. No where close to this.
I guess its where you look because I saw nobody on Minnesota. Im only seeing 60/40 on Philly. Not overwhelming.

For those that like trends - this covers them all. If you can make a meaningful analysis I sure would like to hear.

My bias may be in play, but these are 2 trends I liked the most:

+ Hurts has had success vs. playoff teams this season, going 6-0 SU vs. playoff teams

+ This season, the Eagles are 15-1 SU with Jalen Hurts and 0-2 SU without him.

+ Hurts has performed much better at home vs. road ATS in his career.

• Home: 12-5-1 ATS – He’s 9-3 ATS at home as an underdog or a favorite of 7 pts or less
  • Road: 6-12 ATS – He’s been under .500 ATS on the road each of his three seasons in the NFL.
+ Hurts is 20-4 (83.3%) straight up in games in which his team is favored (12-11-1 ATS). Best SU win pct as favorite (min 15 starts) since 1985: Jim McMahon (36-6, .857) and Steve Bono (24-4, .857)

+ The Eagles offensive line has been fantastic this year.

20 OL have played over 550 pass blocking snaps allowing one sack or fewer this season – Four of those linemen were Eagles: Isaac Seumalo, Landon Dickerson, Jason Kelce & Lane Johnson

+ This season, the Eagles are 14-2 SU with Lane Johnson and 1-1 SU without him.

• Since 2016 without Lane Johnson: 10-21 straight up
  • Eagles without Lane Johnson since 2020: 4-11 SU
  • Over the last two seasons, Johnson has played 1,026 pass plays and he hasn’t given up a sack and only ONE QB hit.

That must have been after the week 7 loss to the Chiefs, after that they went 3-0 when trailing at the half; and 2-0 when trailing after 3 and by 3+. Seems like they satisfied that craving at least to some degree.

For gigs, I pulled all teams since 2017, when trailing at half and after 3Q, the 49ers are average.

TeamgamesRankRecordgamesRankRecord
Bears51219-42-0 (-9.22, 17.6%)51178-43-0 (-9.98, 15.7%)
Bengals511710-40-1 (-10.16, 20.0%)52188-44-0 (-10.92, 15.4%)
Bills32108-24-0 (-10.50, 25.0%)31155-26-0 (-12.84, 16.1%)
Broncos55267-48-0 (-10.78, 12.7%)57266-51-0 (-10.96, 10.5%)
Browns49314-44-1 (-11.51, 8.3%)51285-45-1 (-11.27, 10.0%)
Buccaneers501312-38-0 (-6.42, 24.0%)501010-40-0 (-7.50, 20.0%)
Cardinals562010-45-1 (-10.38, 18.2%)52207-44-1 (-11.83, 13.7%)
Chargers39711-28-0 (-7.74, 28.2%)42511-31-0 (-7.50, 26.2%)
Chiefs30116-14-0 (-1.10, 53.3%)24112-12-0 (-2.21, 50.0%)
Colts421210-31-1 (-7.98, 24.4%)45710-34-1 (-9.40, 22.7%)
Commanders54257-47-0 (-10.81, 13.0%)57246-50-1 (-11.47, 10.7%)
Cowboys39169-30-0 (-7.51, 23.1%)38313-35-0 (-10.89, 7.9%)
Dolphins521512-40-0 (-11.79, 23.1%)561111-45-0 (-12.34, 19.6%)
Eagles43812-31-0 (-6.05, 27.9%)38127-30-1 (-8.34, 18.9%)
Falcons44285-39-0 (-10.11, 11.4%)50236-44-0 (-10.22, 12.0%)
Fortyniners401010-30-0 (-7.65, 25.0%)37146-31-0 (-9.81, 16.2%)
Giants64249-55-0 (-9.89, 14.1%)59276-53-0 (-11.47, 10.2%)
Jaguars602310-50-0 (-11.38, 16.7%)61296-55-0 (-12.28, 9.8%)
Jets55295-50-0 (-15.40, 9.1%)62305-57-0 (-14.44, 8.1%)
Lions51276-45-0 (-10.88, 11.8%)53227-46-0 (-11.30, 13.2%)
Packers41217-24-0 (-5.85, 41.5%)39610-29-0 (-8.69, 25.6%)
Panthers45304-41-0 (-11.93, 8.9%)50322-48-0 (-12.72, 4.0%)
Patriots34148-26-0 (-8.21, 23.5%)36195-31-0 (-9.03, 13.9%)
Raiders48199-39-0 (-12.96, 18.8%)51207-44-0 (-13.25, 13.7%)
Rams3599-26-0 (-7.03, 25.7%)38166-32-0 (-9.74, 15.8%)
Ravens30176-24-0 (-6.90, 20.0%)2996-23-0 (-7.59, 20.7%)
Saints38415-23-0 (-4.11, 39.5%)34310-24-0 (-6.24, 29.4%)
Seahawks43515-28-0 (-3.42, 34.9%)39137-32-0 (-6.64, 17.9%)
Steelers41217-24-0 (-5.37, 41.5%)43215-27-1 (-6.23, 35.7%)
Texans48324-44-0 (-12.42, 8.3%)56256-50-0 (-11.88, 10.7%)
Titans43613-30-0 (-8.07, 30.2%)41412-29-0 (-9.00, 29.3%)
Vikings36226-29-1 (-8.36, 17.1%)47810-36-1 (-7.19, 21.7%)

Thanks for the update.

For those that like trends - this covers them all. If you can make a meaningful analysis I sure would like to hear.

My bias may be in play, but these are 2 trends I liked the most:

+ Hurts has had success vs. playoff teams this season, going 6-0 SU vs. playoff teams

+ This season, the Eagles are 15-1 SU with Jalen Hurts and 0-2 SU without him.

+ Hurts has performed much better at home vs. road ATS in his career.

• Home: 12-5-1 ATS – He’s 9-3 ATS at home as an underdog or a favorite of 7 pts or less
  • Road: 6-12 ATS – He’s been under .500 ATS on the road each of his three seasons in the NFL.
+ Hurts is 20-4 (83.3%) straight up in games in which his team is favored (12-11-1 ATS). Best SU win pct as favorite (min 15 starts) since 1985: Jim McMahon (36-6, .857) and Steve Bono (24-4, .857)

+ The Eagles offensive line has been fantastic this year.

20 OL have played over 550 pass blocking snaps allowing one sack or fewer this season – Four of those linemen were Eagles: Isaac Seumalo, Landon Dickerson, Jason Kelce & Lane Johnson

+ This season, the Eagles are 14-2 SU with Lane Johnson and 1-1 SU without him.

• Since 2016 without Lane Johnson: 10-21 straight up
  • Eagles without Lane Johnson since 2020: 4-11 SU
  • Over the last two seasons, Johnson has played 1,026 pass plays and he hasn’t given up a sack and only ONE QB hit.
I heard somewhere that Lane hasn’t given up a sack in… 2 years. Crazy

Probably a completely irrelevant point - when I think of this game I also keep thinking of Super Bowl between Seahawks and Broncos. Broncos had Peyton, but the Seattle defense dominated the Broncos from the jump. It was not a game. Might the Niners' defense do the same to Eagles?

Crazy thought

9er Fans Defaced Rocky Statue... Now Calling It "Brocky"

Good. Philly may burn to the ground Sunday evening. Combination of the most angry fans in sports and vs. boisterous cocky 9er fans which reside in every city isn’t a good combination. My friends and I would rather walk 200 miles to Pats Giants or Jets than drive a few hours to die in Philadelphia for wearing a 9er hat.

Eagles do have a great pass rush, but the run d is sus

Are their corners good run support guys? Elite coverage corners are sort of wasted them playing the 9ers as it’s not an area of offensive focus to throw to the sidelines or down the field besides the middle to GK.

As I said Monday, I snagged Philly -1.5

Still on it but these two teams are separated by next to nothing.

Both top 6 in Offense and Defense DVOA. Both slightly in the top half of Special Teams

They played 31st and 32nd rated schedules respectively.

Went with the home team and better QB, and per DVOA the #1 ground game in the league.

Going back to the cave.

As I said Monday, I snagged Philly -1.5

Still on it but these two teams are separated by next to nothing.

Both top 6 in Offense and Defense DVOA. Both slightly in the top half of Special Teams

They played 31st and 32nd rated schedules respectively.

Went with the home team and better QB, and per DVOA the #1 ground game in the league.

Going back to the cave.

This is such a tough game to pick, I was really hoping it would get to niners +3 and make it easy on me as I’d take either with a fg. Dunno if I wanna pay the juice to put it there tho? As you said both played easy schedules, for me the fact I’ve seen majority of this niners team in plenty of big games vs good teams the last several playoffs does have some meaning: last week I really just went back to last year niners/Dallas game to tell me Dallas would struggle to score against that d. Don’t have such a great reference point for eagles offense vs this d, I think it safe to say both units are the best either has faced. Obviously Purdy isn’t as battle tested as most the team and Philly d easily the best pass defense he has seen. I think Philly will have a chance to hit bigger plays but I lean to niners run game having more success. Im bout to just flip a coin, lol.

I been looking for longest play prop but havnt found yet: I see a prop for individual players longest reception, brown over 26.5 yards and/or smith over 24.5 both kinda appealing to me, I think Philly will absolutely hit one of these longer than those numbers. I’d lean to it being Brown just cause he has more a metcalf stature and just saw DK metcalf roast niners secondary.

Hell it could be Quez Watkins that hits a deep 1. I really would like a number for longest pass play without having to pick out individual wr. Cept brown over 26.5 does feel super tempting, I’ll prob play that along with looking for a longest play number.

Back