• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

NCAAF Conference realignment

Back to what's real

ASU and Utah have officially been announced, that moved quickly

Can't wait for the PMWC - Pacific Mountain West Conference. Seems like football and basketball will be pretty balanced initially.
Watch them actually secure a reasonable tv deal, better than the PAC could have done. Throw Wazzu/Beaver/Tree in with Boise/Fresno/SDSU for football and then the basketball might not always be great, but it will be entertaining!

Watch them actually secure a reasonable tv deal, better than the PAC could have done. Throw Wazzu/Beaver/Tree in with Boise/Fresno/SDSU for football and then the basketball might not always be great, but it will be entertaining!
They have 15 right now in hoops and 16 in football if the PAC 12 schools join. Go grab Gonzaga for hoops and have a pretty decent conference right there.

Reactions: KJ
Nah.

I understand geographically but this isn't the first sniff in the air for FSU and B16 talks.

Remember, the next TV deal for B16 is more flexible.

This is Benjamin's.
Sure they’ll take the B10 tomorrow if offered.

I really don’t think if all things were equal or close to, they’d take B10 over SEC. I just can’t see that.

The UNC thing is interesting. I guess the SEC would like the TV market and the GPA. Can’t see UNC in the SEC, but this is all craziness

Sure they’ll take the B10 tomorrow if offered.

I really don’t think if all things were equal or close to, they’d take B10 over SEC. I just can’t see that.
That's the thing, things aren't equal.

Hence...

So the final pac 12 offer was apple deal which paid everyone 23m?

No wonder oregon and uw split so quick
Wasn't it supposed to be for one season then scale to the amount of traffic it drove? I think they would have ended up with much less as people refused to subscribe out of frustration

Wasn't it supposed to be for one season then scale to the amount of traffic it drove? I think they would have ended up with much less as people refused to subscribe out of frustration
Think I read 25m base (maybe it was 23m) if 1.7m subscribers it'd goto Big12 31.5m and if got to 5m subscribers then it'd goto SEC 50m. Something like that. No secondary linear TV deals. Just Apple.
Obviously schools didn't think getting that many subscribers was realistic.
No idea yet what espn network offer was, if any

Back