• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

NBL Round 2

bad gambler

Early start to the round with a Tuesday start and another new team is in action.

NZ Breakers v Sth Melbourne Dragons "OVER" 204.5 - (-110) (4 units)

I'm going to stay away from picking a side in this one given the Dragons are raw, albeit have a talent laden roster. Breakers do look like a more solid ball club this season especially with the addition of Withers into the team and at home I see them tough to beat this season and should provide the top teams with some nuisance value.

Dragons are being coached by former Cavs player Mark Price and it is fairly clear based on their pre season that he has decided to employ the run and gun approach with this team. The roster is full of pure shooters and should rack up some big scores this season.

I expect this one to fly over 210+

good luck :shake:

Can't help myself now...

Sth Melbourne Dragons to cover +3.5 v NZ Breakers - (-110) (2.5 units)

BG - the local talk for the Breakers is improved defense, but fears over their ability to score significantly. That guy Green (forget his first name) who as their first coach when the franchise came into existence, is writing their hopes off on this basis. I know they conceded a boat load as an average last season, but i thought I relate that.

bad gambler said:
Early start to the round with a Tuesday start and another new team is in action.

NZ Breakers v Sth Melbourne Dragons "OVER" 204.5 - (-110) (4 units)

I'm going to stay away from picking a side in this one given the Dragons are raw, albeit have a talent laden roster. Breakers do look like a more solid ball club this season especially with the addition of Withers into the team and at home I see them tough to beat this season and should provide the top teams with some nuisance value.

Dragons are being coached by former Cavs player Mark Price and it is fairly clear based on their pre season that he has decided to employ the run and gun approach with this team. The roster is full of pure shooters and should rack up some big scores this season.

I expect this one to fly over 210+

bad gambler said:
Can't help myself now...

Sth Melbourne Dragons to cover +3.5 v NZ Breakers - (-110) (2.5 units)

The over hits nicely, Dragons collapse second half- but a positive day +1.1 units nonetheless :cheers:

BetCrimes1984 said:
BG - the local talk for the Breakers is improved defense, but fears over their ability to score significantly. That guy Green (forget his first name) who as their first coach when the franchise came into existence, is writing their hopes off on this basis. I know they conceded a boat load as an average last season, but i thought I relate that.

Cheers for the heads up BC - might need your input this season on the Breakers given coverage of the team in Aus is pretty poor. Took the overs tonight purely on the basis of the involvement of the Dragons, this team is your Suns of the NBL this season, just and run and gun and will drag opposition teams into a shootout.

Perth Wildcats to cover -2.5 v Singapore Slingers - (-110) (4 units)

*Wildcats squad spent two weeks in Singapore as part of a training camp in preseason therfore familiar with the conditions.
*Both played last Friday with Wildcats winning by 10+ as a 10 point favourite.
*The long distance travelling is foreign to the Slingers players given essentially they are a product of the now wound up Hunter Pirates team that was based in the East coast of Australia last season, therefore recovery time advantage to the Cats give they are used to the long hauls by virtue of living on the other side of Australia.
* Friday night showed a glaring advantage on the boards for the Wildcats team and essentially that game was all over by HT after which they threw in the scrubs to allow the Slingers to get within 15 points by the end.

Tip off in 9hr 30min time. Might have a play in the earlier game tonight as well, will post if I play it.

On it minus 3 the NBL may have to carry MLB as everyone crashed and burned that posted today.:cheers:

bad gambler said:
Perth Wildcats to cover -2.5 v Singapore Slingers - (-110) (4 units)

*Wildcats squad spent two weeks in Singapore as part of a training camp in preseason therfore familiar with the conditions.
*Both played last Friday with Wildcats winning by 10+ as a 10 point favourite.
*The long distance travelling is foreign to the Slingers players given essentially they are a product of the now wound up Hunter Pirates team that was based in the East coast of Australia last season, therefore recovery time advantage to the Cats give they are used to the long hauls by virtue of living on the other side of Australia.
* Friday night showed a glaring advantage on the boards for the Wildcats team and essentially that game was all over by HT after which they threw in the scrubs to allow the Slingers to get within 15 points by the end.

Tip off in 9hr 30min time. Might have a play in the earlier game tonight as well, will post if I play it.

Never in doubt - be back for Friday's games

Sth Melbourne Dragons to cover +10.5 v Sydney Kings - (-110) (4 units)

+

Sth Melbourne Dragons to beat Sydney Kings - (+530) (0.5 units)

This will be Sydney's 4th game in 7 days and also on the back of a draining OT win in Adelaide. Dragons were impressive in their debut against the Breakers albeit they lost in a close one. They get Shane Heal back for this one and his general on court leadership will help the Dragons get some structure on the offense. It should be another shootout with two high powered offenses, I'm not underestimating the all round talent in the Kings' roster but my doubts over their fitness so early in the season especially the two imports, makes me obliged to hit that ML as well.

Might have a play in the other games bit later.

Last edited:
Last play for Friday, playing the late game out West

Perth Wildcats v Adelaide 36ers "UNDER" 198.5 - (-110) (3 units)

Similar to the Kings in the early game, the 36ers are coming off a draining OT game also will be playing their 4th game in 7 days. Wildcats just did the double over the Slingers but with that also game the travel back and forth from Perth and Adelaide.

Wildcats defense is one of the best in the league and their offense had a bit of a break out night last game against the Slingers which IMO has inflated the total for this one. 36ers rely heavily on their sarting 5 for offensive production and with the number of recent games mounting, I can easily see them fall away towards the back end of each halves. Fact that Farley has offered next to nothing in offense is also in my favour, his time in the NBL is running out.

tuck321 said:
Amen, sure wish Pinn would put it up so I could get a little sleep.:shake:

Hey bro, hope you didn't think these were being played Thursday (early morning your time). They are being played in 12 hrs and 14 hrs respectively from the time of this post, pinny never have lines up for Aussie NBL 24 hours before tipoff :cheers:

bad gambler said:
Sth Melbourne Dragons to cover +10.5 v Sydney Kings - (-110) (4 units)

+

Sth Melbourne Dragons to beat Sydney Kings - (+530) (0.5 units)

This will be Sydney's 4th game in 7 days and also on the back of a draining OT win in Adelaide. Dragons were impressive in their debut against the Breakers albeit they lost in a close one. They get Shane Heal back for this one and his general on court leadership will help the Dragons get some structure on the offense. It should be another shootout with two high powered offenses, I'm not underestimating the all round talent in the Kings' roster but my doubts over their fitness so early in the season especially the two imports, makes me obliged to hit that ML as well.

Might have a play in the other games bit later.

Dragons led at HT and then completely fell away and got smashed :hairout:

bad gambler said:
Last play for Friday, playing the late game out West

Perth Wildcats v Adelaide 36ers "UNDER" 198.5 - (-110) (3 units)

Similar to the Kings in the early game, the 36ers are coming off a draining OT game also will be playing their 4th game in 7 days. Wildcats just did the double over the Slingers but with that also game the travel back and forth from Perth and Adelaide.

Wildcats defense is one of the best in the league and their offense had a bit of a break out night last game against the Slingers which IMO has inflated the total for this one. 36ers rely heavily on their sarting 5 for offensive production and with the number of recent games mounting, I can easily see them fall away towards the back end of each halves. Fact that Farley has offered next to nothing in offense is also in my favour, his time in the NBL is running out.

Fucking 3 on the buzzer when his team was up by 30 points sums it all up, as a result it goes over

a night to forget in the Aussie hoops for me, be back next round

Last edited:
Back