• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

NBA Off-season Thread

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Free Agency right around the corner.

Trades will be heating up as well..

A few dominos to fall...

Should be very interesting...

I'm not great at this stuff, but it seems like everyone wants Jaylen Brown gone/not re-signed. Which is a head scratcher to me. I don't get it....

I'm not great at this stuff, but it seems like everyone wants Jaylen Brown gone/not re-signed. Which is a head scratcher to me. I don't get it....
I dont think they can, hes not perfect stylistically with tatum, they really need an actual pg who can settle things late in games, stop them from blowing so many 4th quarters

But no one out there really fits, and you cant give up the asset that is Jaylen for 60 cents on the dollar. If they move him needs to be for someone who can be a 2 on a title team.

I saw some places saying Mitchell would be someone they look at, which makes no sense to me, since it completely ends their identity on defense.

I think they most likely add a wing who can shoot through the mid level or trading grant William's

I saw simmons pushing Huerter to Rusillo as a good option

I dont think they can, hes not perfect stylistically with tatum, they really need an actual pg who can settle things late in games, stop them from blowing so many 4th quarters

But no one out there really fits, and you cant give up the asset that is Jaylen for 60 cents on the dollar. If they move him needs to be for someone who can be a 2 on a title team.

I saw some places saying Mitchell would be someone they look at, which makes no sense to me, since it completely ends their identity on defense.
I don't agree with this at all. Jaylen and Jayson love each other

And Jaylen can definitely play point

Pretty sure if Gobert goes like it seems that Mitchell will stay in Utah, can't see them getting rid of both and would satisfy Donovan to not have Gobert around

I don't agree with this at all. Jaylen and Jayson love each other

And Jaylen can definitely play point
They may like each other but they are a bit redundant

Also jaylen can absolutely not play point late in games, theres a reason they blow so many leads and their offense just dries up late without a creator

Word after draft is they likely will look elsewhere after getting gifted Duren.

Shall see...
I'd stay away for now

Give cade and Ivey another year with no pressure, let Duren get plenty of run, he just needs playing time, hes so young

Bronny barely in the top 60 now in next years hs rankings, he needs a growth spurt badly or lebron's dream may be dead

I guess someone will, but you wanna give Beal 248 million? Man…
They have to or they will have zero appeal for anyone to go there

That said it seems like every org needs to max someone out to show they'll at least play ball if you're a FA, the Wiz FO has been in shambles for years

Detroit waiting it looks like for next year or after. I like it. We'll see a signing, but nothing wild.

They have to or they will have zero appeal for anyone to go there

That said it seems like every org needs to max someone out to show they'll at least play ball if you're a FA, the Wiz FO has been in shambles for years
It’s just when you say it out loud:

Ok, we are giving Bradley Beal a quarter of a billion dollars.

Let’s ride!

It’s just when you say it out loud:

Ok, we are giving Bradley Beal a quarter of a billion dollars.

Let’s ride!
I don't mind Beal so much, that franchise has forever had a problem with loyalty. He could have demanded a trade the last couple years, not sure any other star player wouldn't have already been gone. Another trainwreck of a franchise, but lucky they can actually have a face attached to it.

This basketball money is wild stuff man
They are actually much more visible and famous than Hollywood. Actors/actresses can blend in with crowds all the time, when you're 6'7" and get your face splashed around on tv all the time you can't hide. Obviously there are exceptions but it's impossible to not recognize these guys that are getting huge contracts. Also helps in this sport there are only 12 guys on a team basically.

They are actually much more visible and famous than Hollywood. Actors/actresses can blend in with crowds all the time, when you're 6'7" and get your face splashed around on tv all the time you can't hide. Obviously there are exceptions but it's impossible to not recognize these guys that are getting huge contracts. Also helps in this sport there are only 12 guys on a team basically.
Oh I get it.

It’s just the money these guys are getting at the tail end is wild to me
It seems fictitious, especially with endorsements. For me it makes what Shaq/Chuck/Kenny do so incredible, obviously these guys don't need the money but they clearly love what they do. You know those guys rarely get bored with life.

Hawks get Murray w/o giving up Collins. Hmm.

Gallinari and multiple 1st rounders to Spurs

I seriously dont get how many MAX players they have. I just dont get it, but I guess get the $$ if someone is paying you

max players to me, are best of the best. period! Generational type players
Lebron
Embid
Jokic
Curry
Butler
Giannis
Booker
Durant
Luka
D Mitchell - maybe, hes borderline to me
J morant - maybe, still gotta prove a year
Kawai - maybe, too many injuries
P George - maybe, too many injuries

You get my point.

But to have guys like Zion Williamson, Bridges, Brunson, Harden....MAX...not even close

I seriously dont get how many MAX players they have. I just dont get it, but I guess get the $$ if someone is paying you

max players to me, are best of the best. period! Generational type players
Lebron
Embid
Jokic
Curry
Butler
Giannis
Booker
Durant
Luka
D Mitchell - maybe, hes borderline to me
J morant - maybe, still gotta prove a year
Kawai - maybe, too many injuries
P George - maybe, too many injuries

You get my point.

But to have guys like Zion Williamson, Bridges, Brunson, Harden....MAX...not even close
Can throw J Murray on the injury list too

Be curious what would happen if they had no caps on contracts and just increased the luxury tax a ton

Back