• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

My OU Sooners and their high expectations this Fall - my .02

majent

Oklahoma Sooners
Hunt and I were messaging each other about my beloved OU Sooners and I thought I would share my penny or two of how I am feeling going into the season.

I am looking forward to CFB again but regarding my Sooners I am uncomfortable.

I don't like that big target that the Top 5 teams and especially the Top 2 get on them, preseason, unless it's Bama, Ohio State, Clemson, schools like this who seem immune to the pressure.

The Sooners do Not seem immune to this pressure even going back to the Stoops days.

On paper, we look pretty strong in all 3 phases but our young Center and RB's will have to step up.

Let's look at the schedule:

9/4 @ Tulane -Mean Green have 16 starters back and seem well coached by Fritz. tricky game but I think we win by DD when it's said and done. still, tricky first game on the road.

9/18 v Nebraska. I expect the Huskers to a be much improved team but it probably does not show up this early in the season and in Norman. I think we win comfortably on the scoreboard but only because it is early in the season and at home. Without those two factors I could see the margin being inside of 10 had it been later in the year and at Lincoln (like it is next year :-O)

10/2 at K State. Need I say anymore? Toss up game IMO.

10/9 v texasss. no comments necessary. they are young at QB and brand new coach, but is the RRR. very unpredictable. i will say we win, but not easy at all.

10/16 v TCU. Patterson is a witch. tons of returning starters incl QB. very tough game. we sneak by this one if both teams healthy at key spots.

10/30 v Tex Tech. Wells' team in Year 3 under him could break out this year. we win, but closer than it looks on paper.

11/13 at Baylor. Aranda, at home, in year 2. Look out. close win.

11/20 v Iowa State. Campbell, Purdy, Breece. what a coach, what a QB, and what a RB. even more, what a team around on them in all 3 phases. Toss up game.

11/27 at okie lite. they are always lying in wait, no matter what. Gundy a great coach. their young team (esp on O) will be much more seasoned by then and ready to play spoiler.

If healthy at key spots like Spencer and a few other *irreplaceable* spots, I see us going 11-1 with many close wins and a crappy nonconf which hurts us in the Playoff ranking.

Then at 11-1 and perhaps ranked #4 or lower in the playoff rankings, we head to Jerry's World to play a strong team in the B12 conf title game and we Lose. Yes, we Lose.

final record 11-2 and NO playoff this year.

This is my gut feeling. I am hopeful but I try as much as possible to put my fandom aside when analyzing a team and their prospects for the season.

Between the B12 schedule which is much stronger than some might think, and having to play one of those schools a second time (if, if, if we make it to Jerry's world), I am seeing at least 2 losses this year and looking on the outside for a second straight year in the CFB playoff.

Obviously, I am hoping I am wrong.

I welcome any and all comments and thoughts.

Thanks and enjoy the season, Fellas.

Hunt and I were messaging each other about my beloved OU Sooners and I thought I would share my penny or two of how I am feeling going into the season.

I don't like that big target that the Top 5 teams and especially the Top 2 get on them, preseason, unless it's Bama, Ohio State, Clemson, schools like this who seem immune to the pressure.

The Sooners do Not seem immune to this pressure even going back to the Stoops days.

On paper, we look pretty strong in all 3 phases but our young Center and RB's will have to step up.

9/4 @ Tulane -Mean Green have 16 starters back and seem well coached by Fritz. tricky game but I think we win by DD when it's said and done. still, tricky first game on the road.

9/18 v Nebraska. I expect the Huskers to a be much improved team but it probably does not show up this early in the season and in Norman. I think we win comfortably on the scoreboard but only because it is early in the season and at home. Without those two factors I could see the margin being inside of 10 had it been later in the year and at Lincoln (like it is next year :-O)

10/9 v texasss. no comments necessary. they are young at QB and brand new coach, but is the RRR. very unpredictable. i will say we win, but not easy at all.

10/16 v TCU. Patterson is a witch. tons of returning starters incl QB. very tough game. we sneak by this one if both teams healthy at key spots.

10/30 v Tex Tech. Wells' team in Year 3 under him could break out this year. we win, but closer than it looks on paper.

11/20 v Iowa State. Campbell, Purdy, Breece. what a coach, what a QB, and what a RB. even more, what a team around on them in all 3 phases. Toss up game.

11/27 at okie lite. they are always lying in wait, no matter what. Gundy a great coach. their young team (esp on O) will be much more seasoned by then and ready to play spoiler.

If healthy at key spots like Spencer and a few other *irreplaceable* spots, I see us going 11-1 with many close wins and a crappy nonconf which hurts us in the Playoff ranking.

Then at 11-1 and perhaps ranked #4 or lower in the playoff rankings, we head to Jerry's World to play a strong team in the B12 conf title game and we Lose. Yes, we Lose.

This is my gut feeling. I am hopeful but I try as much as possible to put my fandom aside when analyzing a team and their prospects for the season.

Between the B12 schedule which is much stronger than some might think, and having to play one of those schools a second time (if, if, if we make it to Jerry's world), I am seeing at least 2 losses this year and looking on the outside for a second straight year in the CFB playoff.

You would certainly know way more about the Sooners than me. And not that it really matters, but I'm a Buckeye diehard having lived in Columbus pretty much all my life. I think your average team/school fan tends to overrate their team. But with OU's expectations being ramped up higher than the past few years, I am wondering if you're just taking a logical, conservative approach. I mean, no team is mathematically projected to go 12-0 (not Bama, not Clemson, not Ohio St, no one). And the fan/media expectations that get created for the top tier teams are always ridiculous. So, if OU goes 11-1, many idiots will say they choked...that's how it works.

But some of my (not fully educated) thoughts on Oklahoma.....

Lincoln Riley just seems to "get it". In year one, mid-season, Riley canned Mike Stoops. Thought that took balls that most coaches don't have. Riley certainly understood quickly that to take the "next step", OU had to upgrade the defense.....and after a few years, they surely seem to be getting there. It sounds like there were personality clashes with some of the current staff when Grinch at Ohio St. His one year in Columbus saw Schiano's defense collapse, a defense that I don't believe Grinch was involved in much. But looking at what Grinch did at Wazzu prior, and OU since....it surely looks like it's Ohio St's loss.

I've bought into OU quite a bit more this year, and made some really small wagers.
  • Rattler for Heisman +800 (I looked at longer shots first looking for big value, but I still decided on Rattler)
  • Okl to win Nat'l title +800 (thought those odds and A&M +4000 which I also bet had the best value I saw)
  • Okl laying 18 (-109) against the Huskers. While the Huskers may be slightly improved, I think this one will be ugly.

While OU's RSW # of 11 is seemingly a little inflated.....like all the other top dogs, I was still considering betting the over. A rough calc of avg power ratings I threw together has OU of course at the top of the B12 followed by (in order): IaSt, Tex, TCU, OkSt, WV, TT. Of the other top 7 teams, OU plays 5 of them at home and gets Tex of course on a neutral site. OkSt is the only one OU has to play on their turf.

I know that history says a Manhattan trip to play KSt is never easy. I haven't seen a GOY line on that one, but would be thinking that one would be 3 TD's plus.
Riley's 2 regular season losses last year were his first....I don't see that happening with this year's squad.

Anyway....thanks for your post....good stuff, and best of luck to your Sooners.

Buck50 thanks for your great reply!

I think if the K-State line was set right now it would OU -13.5 or so.

K-State can easily be 3-1 going into that game on 10/2 and I can see the line being closer to 11.

OU *should* be 4-0 going into The Little Apple, but let's see.

Kleiman is in Y3, with 16 returning starters, a senior at QB in Skylar Thompson, and they went 4-6 LY with two of the losses coming by a total of 3 points.

I think that game is going to be a doozie!

And GL to your Buckeyes! great coach, great program!!

I took OU +800 to win it all. They should be 7+ point favorites in every game and should make the playoff. Compared to the other title contenders, OU might have the least question marks heading into the season imo. Absolutely loaded offense with a heisman favorite at qb, defense continues to dramatically improve with a very strong front seven, and two coaches I’m very high on in Reilly and Grinch.

I don’t know if they’ll win the title but I feel confident that they’ll be in the playoff.

Let's not forget that OU was up by 21 in the second half vs Kansas State...I know it has been back-to-back losses now, so feels like some kind of voodoo going on there.

The only way OU loses is if they beat themselves.. The conference isn't bad, it's just tremendously average, bunch of average offenses with some underrated defenses that compete closely with each other. This OU team doesn't look close in terms of these teams. Assuming Texas is down a notch, Ok St doesn't appear as dangerous as they sometimes are (still Gundy has only beat OU what twice in 16 years as coach?). ISU is rock solid, but also not a juggernaut. They led ISU 17-6 last year in the first game. One would hope that Rattler in year 2 doesn't make the kinds of mistakes that led to the losses last year. ISU is just hard nosed and veteran, so if they can get OU to play their style game it's going to be a game,, but if OU can play their game, get up like they did before 17-6 and 24-7 the second game vs two ISU games last year, get up and if they can keep it going instead of stalling out...really I don't see anyone in the league that can touch them. Same with TCU, solid team with some potential, just not close to being on the same level. OU is going to have to underachieve - and it sounds like that is what you are saying, not responding well to the hype and expectations. I would never rule out the possibility of even the best team being upset somewhere along the line, so it is possible they go 11-1 regular season. Unless OU's D is poor (maybe pass D is vulnerable but pass rush should help that) and their O is mistake prone (Rattler 3 INTs vs K St and 1 on the potential game winning drive vs ISU), I don't see how they play in as many close games as majent predicts. Honestly, if they do play in a lot of close games vs this version of the Big Xll (again, not bad, just very average) then they probably do not deserve a playoff spot anyway. "many close games".... I'm thinking, are they going to average north of 40 points per game? Almost certainly.. Then the D is going to have to be pretty bad to allow close to that with frequency. Maybe one or two close games and the belief should be that a more mature and experienced O and D should be able to find ways to win those.

As an OU grad myself I saw that Kansas State game as a problem as soon as I looked at the schedule. The one plus there is that there is that there is a week off after Nebraska, but Texas is up next and it's hard for anyone who hasn't attended OU to realize how much attention the entire campus gives to the Texas game from the first day students arrive back on campus.

Another plus is we got more talent--and more talent we had a direct need for from the transfer portal--than any other school. I don't see a problem at RB unless injuries occur

One thing you didn't mention is how the move to the SEC is going to affect the season. Riley is already trying to deflect attention from it and keep his players from even thinking about it by announcing at his first press conference this week he would answer questions that day, but no more the rest of the season

There is another factor the press is ignoring. OU behaved in a deceitful and dishonorable fashion by spending six months pretending to be a loyal business partner, voting on future conference business, participating in fiduciary decisions, serving on committees, playing golf and having dinners and slapping back, then getting on the phone at night with SEC officials and making their real plans (illegal under both federal and state statues. I doubt the conference pursues criminal charges, but the US Attorney in Kansas, the Attorney General of Iowa, and legislators of three states are making noises about illegalities)

That kind of action usually arouses opposing coaches and players to their best efforts

As for a national title, I'll have to see the OU defense before I believe there is a chance. We've had the offense to win one the last few years, but the defense has just not been capable of winning one. Grinch is on the right path, but we had a LONG way to go after the Mike Stoops disaster

Last edited:
As an OU grad myself I saw that Kansas State game as a problem as soon as I looked at the schedule. The one plus there is that there is that there is a week off after Nebraska, but Texas is up next and it's hard for anyone who hasn't attended OU to realize how much attention the entire campus gives to the Texas game from the first day students arrive back on campus.

Another plus is we got more talent--and more talent we had a direct need for--than any other school. I don't see a problem at RB unless injuries occur

One thing you didn't mention is how the move to the SEC is going to affect the season. Riley is already trying to deflect attention from it and keep his players from even thinking about it by announcing at his first press conference this week he would answer questions that day, but no more the rest of the season

There is another factor the press is ignoring. OU behaved in a deceitful and dishonorable fashion by spending six months pretending to be a loyal business partner, voting on future conference business, participating in fiduciary decisions, serving on committees, playing golf and having dinners and slapping back, then getting on the phone at night with SEC officials and making their real plans (illegal under both federal and state statues. I doubt the conference pursues criminal charges, but the US Attorney in Kansas, the Attorney General of Iowa, and legislators of three states are making noises about illegalities)

That kind of action usually arouses opposing coaches and players to their best efforts

As for a national title, I'll have to see the OU defense before I believe there is a chance. We've had the offense to win one the last few years, but the defense has just not been capable of winning one. Grinch is on the right path, but we had a LONG way to go after the Mike Stoops disaster

Excellent Point !!! Double Target on their backs the whole season in conference. (one for the top 2-3 ranking preseason that should last into the start of conference season and another for the SEC bolt)

Let's not forget that OU was up by 21 in the second half vs Kansas State...I know it has been back-to-back losses now, so feels like some kind of voodoo going on there.

The only way OU loses is if they beat themselves.. The conference isn't bad, it's just tremendously average, bunch of average offenses with some underrated defenses that compete closely with each other. This OU team doesn't look close in terms of these teams. Assuming Texas is down a notch, Ok St doesn't appear as dangerous as they sometimes are (still Gundy has only beat OU what twice in 16 years as coach?). ISU is rock solid, but also not a juggernaut. They led ISU 17-6 last year in the first game. One would hope that Rattler in year 2 doesn't make the kinds of mistakes that led to the losses last year. ISU is just hard nosed and veteran, so if they can get OU to play their style game it's going to be a game,, but if OU can play their game, get up like they did before 17-6 and 24-7 the second game vs two ISU games last year, get up and if they can keep it going instead of stalling out...really I don't see anyone in the league that can touch them. Same with TCU, solid team with some potential, just not close to being on the same level. OU is going to have to underachieve - and it sounds like that is what you are saying, not responding well to the hype and expectations. I would never rule out the possibility of even the best team being upset somewhere along the line, so it is possible they go 11-1 regular season. Unless OU's D is poor (maybe pass D is vulnerable but pass rush should help that) and their O is mistake prone (Rattler 3 INTs vs K St and 1 on the potential game winning drive vs ISU), I don't see how they play in as many close games as majent predicts. Honestly, if they do play in a lot of close games vs this version of the Big Xll (again, not bad, just very average) then they probably do not deserve a playoff spot anyway. "many close games".... I'm thinking, are they going to average north of 40 points per game? Almost certainly.. Then the D is going to have to be pretty bad to allow close to that with frequency. Maybe one or two close games and the belief should be that a more mature and experienced O and D should be able to find ways to win those.

At least one regular season loss or loss in the conference title game is a virtual certainty these days.

Just look at the last 5 to 7 years and try to find how many teams have gone undefeated in the reg season + conf title game.

You might be able to count them on one hand !!

You would certainly know way more about the Sooners than me. And not that it really matters, but I'm a Buckeye diehard having lived in Columbus pretty much all my life. I think your average team/school fan tends to overrate their team. But with OU's expectations being ramped up higher than the past few years, I am wondering if you're just taking a logical, conservative approach. I mean, no team is mathematically projected to go 12-0 (not Bama, not Clemson, not Ohio St, no one). And the fan/media expectations that get created for the top tier teams are always ridiculous. So, if OU goes 11-1, many idiots will say they choked...that's how it works.

But some of my (not fully educated) thoughts on Oklahoma.....

Lincoln Riley just seems to "get it". In year one, mid-season, Riley canned Mike Stoops. Thought that took balls that most coaches don't have. Riley certainly understood quickly that to take the "next step", OU had to upgrade the defense.....and after a few years, they surely seem to be getting there. It sounds like there were personality clashes with some of the current staff when Grinch at Ohio St. His one year in Columbus saw Schiano's defense collapse, a defense that I don't believe Grinch was involved in much. But looking at what Grinch did at Wazzu prior, and OU since....it surely looks like it's Ohio St's loss.

I've bought into OU quite a bit more this year, and made some really small wagers.
  • Rattler for Heisman +800 (I looked at longer shots first looking for big value, but I still decided on Rattler)
  • Okl to win Nat'l title +800 (thought those odds and A&M +4000 which I also bet had the best value I saw)
  • Okl laying 18 (-109) against the Huskers. While the Huskers may be slightly improved, I think this one will be ugly.

While OU's RSW # of 11 is seemingly a little inflated.....like all the other top dogs, I was still considering betting the over. A rough calc of avg power ratings I threw together has OU of course at the top of the B12 followed by (in order): IaSt, Tex, TCU, OkSt, WV, TT. Of the other top 7 teams, OU plays 5 of them at home and gets Tex of course on a neutral site. OkSt is the only one OU has to play on their turf.

I know that history says a Manhattan trip to play KSt is never easy. I haven't seen a GOY line on that one, but would be thinking that one would be 3 TD's plus.
Riley's 2 regular season losses last year were his first....I don't see that happening with this year's squad.

Anyway....thanks for your post....good stuff, and best of luck to your Sooners.
Great post

"9/4 @ Tulane -Mean Green have 16 starters back and seem well coached by Fritz. tricky game but I think we win by DD when it's said and done. still, tricky first game on the road."

I said this back on August 7th before the Hurricane moved the game to Norman.

And everything possible about covid.

“I’m a medial device salesman!!”

That was fun….

Hopefully you don’t have to meet Kansas in the BigXII title game

anyone in the thread still believe the Sooner D is "stronger" this year

it is only game but it is extremely concerning to me giving up that many points at home to a Tulane O that should not have moved the ball like this...

It was a gutless performance by OU defensively. Offensively, I was disappointed in their run game. Just sorta felt like they were sleep walking the entire second half. Outside of the second quarter, Tulane was the better team quite frankly in the other three quarters

If the D does not step up big time (nothing has me believing they will) then Bolded Games below feel ominous, not to mention hosting Nebraska and TexTech who i happen to think are better teams than maybe some others believe.

9/18 v Nebraska.

10/2 at K State.

10/9 v texasss.

10/16 v TCU.

10/30 v Tex Tech.

11/13 at Baylor.

11/20 v Iowa State.

11/27 at okie lite.

J/K to my Horn fan friends here.......you guys will be back, just a matter of time but you'll be back strong.......

You're wrong. Sooners to the cfp. Good to see you bro.

You're wrong. Sooners to the cfp. Good to see you bro.
Hunt, My Brother, good health to you and yours!

I don't see OUr D holding up the whole season. I was worried well before Game One and you saw what Tulane did.. OUch !!!

Hunt, My Brother, good health to you and yours!

I don't see OUr D holding up the whole season. I was worried well before Game One and you saw what Tulane did.. OUch !!!

Thank you sir. Same to you!

This week will tell a lot. Let's see how they handle business in a game they should win by 20+. No hurricane stuff, venue changes, first game jitters, etc. I think they got some kinks worked out game 2. I hope they go far for you man. I know how much you love your sooners!

Gents, I've been so busy I haven't been able to follow like I used to.

WTH is going on in Norman ??

Figured yesterday would be a bust out day offensively

This team seriously hasn't put the whole thing together, just seems like a bunch of moving parts

Hope they stay that way til the ISU game at least

At least you got a QB

Spencer should not see the field again.

I wanted Caleb soooooo bad in BR

if Caleb starts to poop the bed in the next game or two, we'll go right back to Spencer and he will be significantly better than he has been, probably the same scenario as last year.......

Riley's playing it coy--"we'll have to see, depends on how they practice, blah, blah, blah," but it has to be Williams. Rattler has shown he cannot run the OU offense. He can't make decisions fast enough to take the snap, read the defense, decide whether to hand off on the option, then who to pass to. You look back at films of Baker--the best of anyone at doing it--Kyler or Hurts and they all could do it in a split second. Williams can too.

The entire season Riley has been saying, oh, the line isn't blocking well, the receivers aren't in the right place, we have to play better, blah, blah, but as soon as Williams gets in the line starts playing well, the running backs start ripping off gains, Mims, who has disappeared this year, suddenly resurfaces, and the offense works.

Rattler has a great arm, but the team clearly wants Williams as the starter. Maybe Williams is just better, maybe there's some truth to all the talk about how the NIL money has gone to Rattler's head. Whatever it is, Williams proved he's the guy. A better thinker, better passer, and a lot better runner

I thought Kirk Herbstreit described it perfectly when he said, "Rattler just keeps rolling out there nonchalantly instead of running the offense."

I think Riley will try and devise ways to keep Rattler's head in the game by using him like he did on the two-point conversion but he knows the whole season was about to go down the drain Saturday if he had kept relying on Rattler

Riley's playing it coy--"we'll have to see, depends on how they practice, blah, blah, blah," but it has to be Williams. Rattler has shown he cannot run the OU offense. He can't make decisions fast enough to take the snap, read the defense, decide whether to hand off on the option, then who to pass to. You look back at films of Baker--the best of anyone at doing it--Kyler or Hurts and they all could do it in a split second. Williams can too.

The entire season Riley has been saying, oh, the line isn't blocking well, the receivers aren't in the right place, we have to play better, blah, blah, but as soon as Williams gets in the line starts playing well, the running backs start ripping off gains, Mims, who has disappeared this year, suddenly resurfaces, and the offense works.

Rattler has a great arm, but the team clearly wants Williams as the starter. Maybe Williams is just better, maybe there's some truth to all the talk about how the NIL money has gone to Rattler's head. Whatever it is, Williams proved he's the guy. A better thinker, better passer, and a lot better runner

I thought Kirk Herbstreit described it perfectly when he said, "Rattler just keeps rolling out there nonchalantly instead of running the offense."

I think Riley will try and devise ways to keep Rattler's head in the game by using him like he did on the two-point conversion but he knows the whole season was about to go down the drain Saturday if he had kept relying on Rattler

Great Post. excellent.

If Caleb starts v TCU, it will be interesting to see which Horned Frog's team shows up. their D has not looked good at all.

after that, should beat KU and TexTech both pretty handily but then it's @ Baylor in Whacko, v Iowa State at cozy home confines, and finally @ Okie Lite in Stoolwater and that D over there is legit this year.

the true tests likely come in the last 3 games of the season and I hope Caleb does not get the deer in the headlights look when he runs into adversity in a true road game environment. for this reason, very smart of Riley to keep Spencer's head in the game the rest of the way. he might be needed in a pinch. the 2 point conversion was great that it worked out but honestly i did not like bringing back Spencer in that spot, cold off the bench. it worked out so he looks like a genius but i am not that hindsight 20/20 guy. i will tell you honestly that i did not like that move at all. but......i'm not a coach - Lincoln is.

Last edited:
i will tell you honestly that i did not like that move at all.
I didn't either. I'm glad it worked though. I figured at the time it was because Spencer had gotten all the practice reps on two-point conversions, but it worked and it probably kept Spencer happy. I feel for Spencer. What a fall--from Heisman favorite to riding the pine in only six weeks. I hope he reacts in a positive manner and uses it as motivation to work harder

My heart cannot handle much more of this......

You were pretty spot on about all the close games! I do think finally benching rattler (who I never liked) and going to Williams gives ya’ll a chance to run the table, even tho they woulda liked to lost to Ku!! I think they get a easy W this week before the real fun begins!!!!

Finally a good MOV but it happened against a team who just fired their coach midstream in a winning season.

On a neutral we'd get pasted vs schools like Georgia, bama and Ohio state and truth be told I'm not sure we'd even beat cincinnati, mich state, mich or oregon on a neutral turf.

it really doesnt much matter where they put the power 5 teams tho, im pretty sure they all control their own destinies. i have no doubt if sooners win out and win big12 they will be in..

i disagree. they just don't have to win out, they need to dominate the rest of the schedule, with double digit victories preferably in the high teens as margins.

if bama wins out and they go 12-1 with georgia, then both are in.

i also think the big 10 champ will be in if ohio state, mich state or michigan.

that leaves one spot, which could easily be oregon.

so this thing is far from decided, and if the sooners win out i don't believe it erases the close wins vs bed-crappers tulane, nebraska and kansas.

i disagree. they just don't have to win out, they need to dominate the rest of the schedule, with double digit victories preferably in the high teens as margins.

if bama wins out and they go 12-1 with georgia, then both are in.

i also think the big 10 champ will be in if ohio state, mich state or michigan.

that leaves one spot, which could easily be oregon.

so this thing is far from decided, and if the sooners win out i don't believe it erases the close wins vs bed-crappers tulane, nebraska and kansas.

I think it does. Their sos gets way better rest of way. Margin won’t matter against the good teams they play. Just win baby. Ducks most likely lose another game anyways but even if they don’t the sos rest of way in pac-12 is ass. I’d bet anything if ou undefeated they be in, I don’t think a undefeated power 5 ever been left out, i could see it happening to wake but nobody else. I’m not sure ya’ll gonna win out but I’m sure if ya do they be in.

i was afraid we'd spot the "dreaded Bye" a 20 point lead this week and have to come back and win by 3 points in the second half.

it was a bad dream.

even wins over Iowa State, @ okie lite, and the Big 12 title game, might not be enough now unless they are 3 strong wins by 10+ points or more margin of victory..

Credit to Baylor obviously today. But man, what a pathetic performance coming off a bye week. Stick a fork in em

this is the part that shocked me. i knew it was a tough venue vs a good team, i knew it would be a difficult game, but to play so piss poor off a bye is just baffling to me. absolutely unacceptable to play that poorly. baylor did not need any help - they are good enough. we stunk. they were better. we are simply not that great a team. the close calls to tulane, nebraska, and kansas, were all simply unacceptable.

Not surprised in the least. This team has under performed every week of the season.

A season that started with the disgraceful announcement OU and Texas had been lying and deceiving other conference teams for months while they secretely plotted to screw the other teams and bolt for the SEC

I'm not surprised Baylor rubbed it in by kicking that last FG with seconds left. I'd do the same if I were coach of Baylor. Exactly what OU and Texas deserve every game. And I'm an OU alum.

Riley has been off his game all year, and acting like a baby yesterday didn't help matters. There is no shortage of talent at OU. They have more talent than any team in the conference and have had for a long time.

Somehow they have turned into a bunch of spoiled brats.

They may beat Iowa State next week, but they'd better get rid of the idea they are special before they go to Okla State in the last game. Okla State is just the opposite of OU--a bunch of overlooked tough guys who like to play football

And--same as it was with Baylor--Okla did not want a single player on the Okla State roster. Even funnier, the toughest and best player on the Okla State defense, Malcolm Rodriguez, sent a video to Oklahoma and asked to walk on. They told him, sorry, we don't have room.

The FG at the end was calculated, point differential can be a tie breaker when it comes to the B12 championship and those 3 points could be what gets Baylor in the game. Good coaching by Aranda. Not that Baylor isn't sleazy enough to do it anyway, but there was definitely a method to his decision.

The FG at the end was calculated, point differential can be a tie breaker when it comes to the B12 championship and those 3 points could be what gets Baylor in the game. Good coaching by Aranda. Not that Baylor isn't sleazy enough to do it anyway, but there was definitely a method to his decision.

Yes.

Not surprised in the least. This team has under performed every week of the season.

A season that started with the disgraceful announcement OU and Texas had been lying and deceiving other conference teams for months while they secretely plotted to screw the other teams and bolt for the SEC

I'm not surprised Baylor rubbed it in by kicking that last FG with seconds left. I'd do the same if I were coach of Baylor. Exactly what OU and Texas deserve every game. And I'm an OU alum.

Riley has been off his game all year, and acting like a baby yesterday didn't help matters. There is no shortage of talent at OU. They have more talent than any team in the conference and have had for a long time.

Somehow they have turned into a bunch of spoiled brats.

They may beat Iowa State next week, but they'd better get rid of the idea they are special before they go to Okla State in the last game. Okla State is just the opposite of OU--a bunch of overlooked tough guys who like to play football

And--same as it was with Baylor--Okla did not want a single player on the Okla State roster. Even funnier, the toughest and best player on the Okla State defense, Malcolm Rodriguez, sent a video to Oklahoma and asked to walk on. They told him, sorry, we don't have room.

that makes at least two of us who are not surprised at all by this. i had my concerns in early august, well before the season kicked off. i have seen this movie too many times before when certain programs are preseason Top 5 and cannot handle the headlines.

are we all in agreement that the Sooners need to not only beat Iowa St, Okie Lite and the Big 12 title opponent, but basically need to win all 3 games handily (at least 10+ point margins if not higher) in order to work their way into the CFP ??

Back