• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] First we'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we have experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Morant...

NBA star Ja Morant accused in police reports of punching teen, making threats​

Ja Morant is among the brightest young stars in the NBA, with a new signature Nike shoe, a top-selling jersey and a team, the Memphis Grizzlies, poised for a deep postseason run. But in a string of incidents dating from last summer, Morant and people close to him have been accused of threatening and even violent behavior, according to previously unreported police records obtained by The Washington Post.

Last summer, in an encounter that has not been previously reported, the head of security at a Memphis mall told police that Morant “threatened” him during an altercation in the parking lot, leaving him alarmed enough that he filed a police report. A member of Morant’s group shoved the director in the head, he told police. No arrests were made, records show.

Four days later, Morant repeatedly punched a teenage boy in the head during a pickup basketball game at Morant’s house, the boy told police. Morant and his friend struck the 17-year-old so hard they knocked him to the ground and left him with a “large knot” on the side of his head, according to a police report narrative written by deputies who said they observed the boy’s injuries.

The teenager told detectives from the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office that, after the fight, Morant went into his house and re-emerged with a gun visible in the waistband of his pants and his hand on the weapon, according to police interviews obtained by The Post, which have not previously been reported.
In an interview with police, Morant said he acted in self-defense. “I swung first,” he told detectives, but he believed the boy had been the aggressor because he threw a ball at Morant’s head and then stepped toward him, pulling up his pants. “The ball was to me the first hit,” Morant told police.
During the interview, detectives mentioned the boy’s allegation that Morant flashed a gun but did not ask Morant whether it was true.

Morant told police that as the boy left, he shouted, “I’m gonna come back and light this place up like fireworks.” Weeks after the incident, according to records obtained by The Post, Morant filed a police report about the boy’s comment, saying the teenager had threatened his family.
Prosecutors reviewed the case but declined to file charges, the Shelby County District Attorney said in a statement. The office “decided that there was not enough evidence to proceed with a case,” a spokesperson said.
Neither incident was made public at the time. Morant, 23, began this season strong, starting in the recent NBA All-Star Game and leading the Grizzlies to the second-best record in the Western Conference. But he was drawn into public controversy in recent weeks when the NBA investigated an allegation that someone in Morant’s vehicle pointed the laser sight of a gun toward members of the Indiana Pacers organization.

In a statement, Morant’s agent, Jim Tanner, characterized the allegations as “unsubstantiated rumors and gossip” and said they were “put out by people motivated to tear Ja down and tarnish his reputation for their own financial gain.” The boy and his mother filed a lawsuit against Morant over the incident, his family attorney confirmed. The existence of the suit, which is under seal, was reported earlier this year by TMZ.
“Any and every allegation involving a firearm has been fully investigated and could not be corroborated. This includes the NBA investigation last month, in which they found no evidence,” Tanner said. The incident with the teenage boy, Tanner said, “was purely self-defense. Again, after this was fully investigated by law enforcement, they came to the decision not to charge Ja with any crime.”
The Grizzlies declined to comment. An NBA spokesperson said the league “takes allegations of inappropriate conduct very seriously.” Teams are required to report “incidents involving players and law enforcement,” the spokesperson said, but he would not say whether the Grizzlies reported either of the July 2022 incidents or whether the NBA had investigated.
Story continues below advertisement

The league’s investigation of the allegation involving the Pacers “did not corroborate that any individual threatened others with a weapon,” the spokesperson said.

That was from Wednesday too, and then this last night. What in the actual fuck is wrong with this dude?

Memphis.

The city got him.

Gang-gang would have seen him at the local clubs and said he can ride with them, activated the inner-gangster wannabe within Ja and that's a wrap.

Now he's in thick and risking pissing away his career for street-clout. Dude needs to wake up.

You know he's desperate to be a gangster because he's posting it up on his socials, dude want's peeps to see it.

Surprised his old man hasn't slapped some sense into him...

Memphis.

The city got him.

Gang-gang would have seen him at the local clubs and said he can ride with them, activated the inner-gangster wannabe within Ja and that's a wrap.

Now he's in thick and risking pissing away his career for street-clout. Dude needs to wake up.

You know he's desperate to be a gangster because he's posting it up on his socials, dude want's peeps to see it.

Surprised his old man hasn't slapped some sense into him...

Don’t he know real gangsters walk in silence? All that fronting social media shit ain’t gonna do nothing but get him or some his boys shot when some real Mfers decide to check him and see if he really bout that life. Dude didn’t even come up rough, 2 parent home in the burbs and now he wants to play gangster like a rap video:

He'll make $500M in his NBA career and probably a lot more than that with Nike, etc. off the court. Easily could be a Billionaire. And he wants to be a gangster. Like Kendrick Perkins said "that's not your life anymore". And as Tupac learned, wealth and fame doesn't stop a bullet. I find him the most exciting player to watch in the NBA by FAR. Hopefully he changes and doesn't go down the Fernandez path.

He'll make $500M in his NBA career and probably a lot more than that with Nike, etc. off the court. Easily could be a Billionaire. And he wants to be a gangster. Like Kendrick Perkins said "that's not your life anymore". And as Tupac learned, wealth and fame doesn't stop a bullet. I find him the most exciting player to watch in the NBA by FAR. Hopefully he changes and doesn't go down the Fernandez path.

Even more with him, that NEVER was his life, so that’s not your life anymore doesn’t even apply here. He literally grew up in a suburb with both parents in the house, he never had anything affiliating him with ANY of this BS. It’s sad to watch.

Even more with him, that NEVER was his life, so that’s not your life anymore doesn’t even apply here. He literally grew up in a suburb with both parents in the house, he never had anything affiliating him with ANY of this BS. It’s sad to watch.
It’s really funny. He gets clowned by the very people he’s trying to “impress”.

Would figure the excuse would be that one of the homies at the club gave Temetrius the gun while they were there.

That's a little gun, btw. Dude rocking that purse piece.

Itty Bitty Gun Purse - Athena's Armory

So, he took his gun on a team plane. That's a huge no no in the NBA.

He might be done into next year.
Ya I didnt see that mentioned at all by most places when the initial story came out

Silver cowers to the PA on almost everything, but on this he has to go hard

Ill be surprised if he doesn't play in the playoffs. I know he's the one player ill sit down to watch now. Used to be Curry. Would take lot of guts for NBA. And im sure PA will side with him.

Ill be surprised if he doesn't play in the playoffs. I know he's the one player ill sit down to watch now. Used to be Curry. Would take lot of guts for NBA. And im sure PA will side with him.
That is the problem. The PA is up next year I believe. Last thing they wanted I can assure you, from the PA side.

Was video going around on twitter of Grizzlies players entrance having a metal detector now legit?

And here I thought he learned from the couple days of counselling
Sucks for Memphis, small market with a ton of talent and probably just need something to rally around

That said, it's possibly the worst city for him to be rich in. Vegas would be right there if they had a team but can't think of another NBA city worse than that for him. Sucks because he's fun to watch but you can't erase stupid from people.

Welp that didn't take long

Grizz suspended him from all team activities indefinitely

Jfc, when I saw this thread was back I assumed someone just posting something bout before, not that he was waving another gun around, lol. Then someone text me and said he was at it again. Mfer gotta be half retarded!

Sucks for Memphis, small market with a ton of talent and probably just need something to rally around

That said, it's possibly the worst city for him to be rich in. Vegas would be right there if they had a team but can't think of another NBA city worse than that for him. Sucks because he's fun to watch but you can't erase stupid from people.

Why memphis so bad? Im sure he could find knuckleheads to hang out with in most any city.

Why memphis so bad? Im sure he could find knuckleheads to hang out with in most any city.
200k buys you a mansion in Memphis lol

I'm not stupid to this, pretty confident saying it's one of if not the lowest income cities in the NBA

Doubt it's even close to number two

I think he's an idiot obviously. Favorite player to watch now in how he attacks the basket with his leaping ability. If he ever learns to control that better and picks his spots better, he'll be even more exciting. But is he doing anything illegal here? Just curious. I mean after the Bud Light fiasco you had right wing celebrities doing videos showing them destroying 6 packs with AR15's and such with no consequences. Just curious what law, if any, is being broke by doing a video with a gun in it. Especially if he owns the gun(s) legally.

Back