• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

MLB Tuesday 10/26

Wiretowire

YTD +7895
1-1 last

Thanks KJ. GL

Going to put these in now before the lines change.

All x50 each

Atlanta +2 1/2 -240 - Morton is simply more trustworthy than Valdez. Morton hasn't allowed more than 3 runs in his last 10 starts. Not only has Valdez generously allowed runs but he has also allowed 22 walks and 8 home runs in his last 10 starts. It should be noted that Valdez did have a very good last start but that was against the anemic Bosox. Atlanta should stay close here and could win outright.

Atl/Hou over 7 -180 - Buying a full run off the total. Both of these teams can and will hit. This isn't the non existent Boston bats or the schizoid LA bats. These teams will score runs in every game. Nothing crazy, I don't think, but enough to climb over 7 totals regularly. I also like the fact that these double side and total bets protect each other from surprises. As an example, all Atlanta has to do is score 2 runs and I can't lose both bets as Houston would have to score 5 runs to beat the Atlanta +2 1/2. 5-2 guarantees no worse than a push on this total and I could get 8 or more runs total and still stay close enough for the double win. Worse case, if the favorite explodes for runs I can still get a split on the night. That is a situation I will take every night and I intend to take the underdog +2 1/2 and over the total if I can get it at 8 or less buying runs off. Both of these staffs are decent but none are domineering in my opinion so most of their games should score at least 7 runs a night.

As for the series, I lean Braves but maybe that's because I am like most people and I hate the Astros. Then again, I am not fond of LA or Boston either so there you go. GL

W2W , I want to thank you for taking the time to post, always look forward to and appreciate your threads. God willing we will both be back here for mlb in 2022. Congrats on a nice season...... see whats possible when you don't dabble in wnba,cfb,nfl,cbb,cfl. :moneyeyes:

Splitting in this case at -240 if +2.5 RL were to lose is -$120. Not life changing but it would be the equivalent of losing both $50 bets with $20 juice. I think its a winner but am I missing something on the math?

Thanks Metallica. GL

Thanks Cash. I hope we will be back and I am always thankful for your feedback. And thank god I never bet on those other awful sports. :) GL

Yes, Price Waterhouse you are missing just a little on your math but I always love your comments. And no, you aren't exactly wrong but a split isn't that bad and as you say it's not life changing.

Split this way:

Lose side +2 1/2 -240 bet win total = -120 +50 = total of -70 lost

Win side +2 1/2 bet and lose total -180 bet = +50 -90 = total of -40 lost

Your math is correct if I lose -240 +2 1/2 side bet and push total bet at 7 = total of -120 lost.

Of course losing both would be -120 and -90 for total loss of -210 which is not something we want to talk about but that would bloody my nose a little. GL

Thanks Metallica. GL

Thanks Cash. I hope we will be back and I am always thankful for your feedback. And thank god I never bet on those other awful sports. :) GL

Yes, Price Waterhouse you are missing just a little on your math but I always love your comments. And no, you aren't exactly wrong but a split isn't that bad and as you say it's not life changing.

Split this way:

Lose side +2 1/2 -240 bet win total = -120 +50 = total of -70 lost

Win side +2 1/2 bet and lose total -180 bet = +50 -90 = total of -40 lost

Your math is correct if I lose -240 +2 1/2 side bet and push total bet at 7 = total of -120 lost.

Of course losing both would be -120 and -90 for total loss of -210 which is not something we want to talk about but that would bloody my nose a little. GL
Im laughing at my own math which really wasn't a hard equation. Lol. I did feel you were on the right side of the bets so I hope you don't think I'm that stupid. Lol.

Thanks Inzane. I appreciate the positives. GL

Wise, I'm laughing because you call me on 10 things and you are always right except for this one thing where I was finally half right. Yea! If anyone should have a complex about being dumb it has to be me. Thanks. GL :)

Back