Michigan cheating…

If Michigan was sign stealing ahead of matchups then they would have distinct advantage early in the game until the opposing team recognized this and changed their signs. Yet media articles point to games where Wolvs were down early or close scores, such as Rutgers, only to dominate the second half.
Their logic makes no sense.

If Michigan was sign stealing ahead of matchups then they would have distinct advantage early in the game until the opposing team recognized this and changed their signs. Yet media articles point to games where Wolvs were down early or close scores, such as Rutgers, only to dominate the second half.
Their logic makes no sense.
You tweak your signals every game...you are not going into a new game with the exact same signals you had from a prior game. It makes a lot of sense that it is taking Connor Stalions minions time to figure out the tweaks once the game begins. Oh, and Stalions' Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn accts went poof....no longer online, by pure coicidence of course.

This honestly sounds smart.

It's not only smart, every team knows there is the likelihood of it happening or they wouldn't go to the lengths they do to try and hide their signs/calls. This is like sign stealing in baseball...it's part of the game and EVERY team knows that, and the proof is how hard they all try to hide their signs/calls.

This is as much ado about nothing as there ever has been in sports.

They used to have this thing called a "huddle" where you called the plays and then went to the line of scrimmage. If you are going to call plays from the sideline instead of the huddle because it is an advantage against the defense with substitution and the coaches getting to pick the play based on alignment, don't complain when the other team figures it out .. whether that is from watching the last game, the last season, the last half .. whatever.

Real football has the QB calling the plays anyway but we are at where we are at.

They used to have this thing called a "huddle" where you called the plays and then went to the line of scrimmage. If you are going to call plays from the sideline instead of the huddle because it is an advantage against the defense with substitution and the coaches getting to pick the play based on alignment, don't complain when the other team figures it out .. whether that is from watching the last game, the last season, the last half .. whatever.

Real football has the QB calling the plays anyway but we are at where we are at.
Pretty retro

Exactly right. Spot the fuck on.

So the team with subpar athletes and inferior coaching is all of a sudden winning and now we know they cheated?!?!

This thread is the only reason I know about this. Fucking media. Deplorable.

Still not sure, is it an op/ed?
Is this even a story outside of Ohio?

You're suggesting that the story is not being covered outside of Ohio but then say the media is deplorable for covering it? Doesn't make sense.

It has in fact been discussed all over national media platforms since the story dropped. Why does the coverage upset you?

You're suggesting that the story is not being covered outside of Ohio but then say the media is deplorable for covering it? Doesn't make sense.

It has in fact been discussed all over national media platforms since the story dropped. Why does the coverage upset you?
Wow. I don't watch sport tv. Have only seen this on here and randomly on upper midwest websites.

Sorry that bothers you.

It would suck to be engulfed by that, I legitimately feel bad for you.

Seriously, who gives a flying fuck?

It would suck to be engulfed by that, I legitimately feel bad for you.

Seriously, who gives a flying fuck?
Not sure what I said that would provoke this type of response.

"Engulfed"? You're upset and projecting. Maybe you should take another site break to gather yourself. The internet can be a lot.

Not sure what I said would provoke this type of response.

"Engulfed"? You're upset and projecting. Maybe you should take another site break to gather yourself.
Maybe.

But I seriously haven't seen a damn thing about this whole thing outside of this site. Taking a break would mean I wouldn't know about it, which would be positive.

It's such an Ohio/Michigan sword fight on here, I kinda think it's fun

The NFL has "advance scouts" which will attend games of upcoming opponents to make observations on any number of things to assist in the gameplan and prep for an upcoming matchup. I really don't see anything wrong with it. I don't know the wording of the NCAA rule, but I assume it is a fairness and competitive advantage concern. If one team or collection of team wants to pay some person or people to travel and attend games of future opponents, that might not be something that every school is able to afford or justify the expense. So rather than having some teams do it and not have all teams able to do it they just do not allow it. Rules are rules, if that is what they did and it is against the rules, then there should be some penalty for it. Actually I don't think there should a rule about advance scouting and if those scouts pick up on, decipher and teach their own team signals, tendecies, personell groupings, formations, etc - so be it. If the NCAA has a rule against it for the reason I am assuming they do, then I can understand why that is their position. I just don't really see an issue with it. Everything is an arms race anyway, let them pay people to go scout games, who cares.

Back