• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] First we'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we have experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Michael Vick and Vince Young

twinkie13

In transit, arriving late.
Recently saw something comparing stats. Interesting…I’ll see if I can dig up and make sure accurate.

Who y’all think was better? College strictly.

Recently saw something comparing stats. Interesting…I’ll see if I can dig up and make sure accurate.

Who y’all think was better? College strictly.

Based on the way you’re asking the question I’d guess Young had the better stats. I think most would initially assume Vick was better, just based on what a phenomenon he was at the time. He basically made the mold, was the pioneer so to speak.

I always thought Vick better- maybe because he was from a smaller school so it felt like he accomplished more…
Fair or not I’m not sure-

There was one reason we played for the National Championship and it was Vick. Young had a much better team around him.

Also, Vick missed a game or two in his 2nd or last season and sat out the end of some games due to blowouts. Another thing is that he only threw like 15 to 20 passes per game because of his rushing and his yards per attempt were so high.

I would think Young has better stats.

Last edited:
I was at the National Championship game against Florida State and we were sitting in an area of lots of Florida State fans and they were in awe of Vick when he would take off running or unload a 50-yard pass with the snap of his wrist. This from fans that were accustomed to seeing Peter Warrick doing crazy things. This was back when our tvs were not as good as they are today and watching Vick on lower quality tv did not do him justice when compared to in person. Anyway, he was a special player.

With that being said I also liked Vince Young in college and at the time won the most money I had ever bet by betting on Young to win the MVP of the National Championship that year against USC in the Rose Bowl. I do not remember the exact odds, but they were higher than a bunch of the USC guys.

I was at the National Championship game against Florida State and we were sitting in an area of lots of Florida State fans and they were in awe of Vick when he would take off running or unload a 50-yard pass with the snap of his wrist. This from fans that were accustomed to seeing Peter Warrick doing crazy things. This was back when our tvs were not as good as they are today and watching Vick on lower quality tv did not do him justice when compared to in person. Anyway, he was a special player.

With that being said I also liked Vince Young in college and at the time won the most money I had ever bet by betting on Young to win the MVP of the National Championship that year against USC in the Rose Bowl. I do not remember the exact odds, but they were higher than a bunch of the USC guys.
To this day, I think that remains the most money I've ever made on a football game. Kept live betting Texas ML

If Mike Vick had been born 10-15 years later, he'd be a 1st ballot HOF'er.

To this day, I think that remains the most money I've ever made on a football game. Kept live betting Texas ML
Top 5 bet ever +7 and ML

We talked all year about betting USC in this matchup and totally flipped during December...

One of my top 5 favorite games ever.

That FSU VT championship game was so fun, despite the score, due to the electric players.

I was there too, and actually had field passes. Him and Warrick absolutely insane

The Bama UM Orange Bowl was 3 days before that as part of the BCS bowls so that was a memorable few days.

Top 5 bet ever +7 and ML

We talked all year about betting USC in this matchup and totally flipped during December...

One of my top 5 favorite games ever.
Yeah, I thought Texas had a good chance of winning and I think there were like 4 USC guys and even one of the Texas dbs with shorter odds than Young to win the MVP. If Texas won, Young was gonna be MVP so that was my only bet.

Damn, we were not high rolling like that. Peter Warrick killed us. Two of the best players I have ever seen play live. They just played at a different speed than everyone around them.
Buddy’s Dad on the Sugar Bowl committee and might’ve been president that year…that was the connect. But I’ll never forget it. Seriously it was an u real display of athletic talent

Back