• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

March Discussion Thread

This isn't the time for "load (of crap) management".

You're in a battle for division right now. Well maybe they are waving the flag after last few games?

The Sixers benefit the MOST from HCA. Too bad.

Mavs chalky at Indy tonight. Impossible to trust them.

Blazers sitting half the team it feels like. Still, you know the adage about resting players and betting against. This might be too much though. I'll hope for reduced # early and maybe bet the Pels.

Not ideal situation going Denver to Detroit for the bucks but Detroit been awful lately. Same sitch here, look for a #.

Jamal Crawford would like a word. As would White Chocolate.

But yeah, it’s Kyrie right now for sure.
Watched them all.

Jamal and Jason are amazing.

Peek early days Isiah and you'll get it.

Dude would spend hours in his gym just practicing dribbling.

Kyrie the standard nowadays, not Curry.

Watched them all.

Jamal and Jason are amazing.

Peek early days Isiah and you'll get it.

Dude would spend hours in his gym just practicing dribbling.

Kyrie the standard nowadays, not Curry.

Believe me, I watched Zeke back in the Bad Boys heyday, I’m very familiar with how good he was with the ball. I just feel as if guys after him were “doing more” with the ball if that makes sense. The game just evolved, so to speak.

That’s not taking anything away from Zeke, but the 2 guys I mentioned were better imo, at worst on the same level as him. Just one of those things where recent guys (in any sport) are just better at everything than those before them…they’re bigger, stronger, faster, etc. It may not be right, but that’s how I look at it.

Believe me, I watched Zeke back in the Bad Boys heyday, I’m very familiar with how good he was with the ball. I just feel as if guys after him were “doing more” with the ball if that makes sense. The game just evolved, so to speak.

That’s not taking anything away from Zeke, but the 2 guys I mentioned were better imo, at worst on the same level as him. Just one of those things where recent guys (in any sport) are just better at everything than those before them…they’re bigger, stronger, faster, etc. It may not be right, but that’s how I look at it.
During the championship runs, he wasn't doing what he did when he was younger. He was about winning etc, just initiating the offense. Hence, why I said peak more at his early career.

One thing with Williams, he was a high dribbler.

Jamal crafted a lot after Isiah. Love me some Jamal despite being robbed of him in college.

*all these thoughts are without looking at who's resting/injured

Celtics laying DDs in Washington. The Bullets are 3 back of play in so it's now or never. Boston with a 3 game lead in division now with Sixers slump so have to be feeling a bit better.

Miami and Toronto both currently in the play-in. The Heat are tied record wise with the Nets, so 6th place is in their sites. This should be a competitive game.

Cavs and Hawks should see some points. I'll be watching live looking for a discount. Hawks squarely in the play in. Cavs have been sitting 4th for a long time.

The West is obviously wild... Thunder and Lakers have same record and sit at 9/10 right now. Utah is right outside and seemingly the threat. OKC hosts a pesky hornets team tonight laying 9. This is a game worth monitoring.

Memphis only laying a tuddy vs Orlando at home. Hmmmm. The Grizz are seemingly locked into #2 spot although a collapse and Sacto could catch them. Doubtful. Another game worth monitoring. Orlando is just playing the season out.

TWO games seperate seeds 4-8 in the West right now. The teams at 7-8 battle it out in the bay tonight. Pretty hefty tariff on the Warriors. NOLA on a b2b after trashing The blazers. As Twinkie noted, Pels been beating up on bad teams. Now, they face a pretty full Warriors squad. Pretty much a standalone game here, should get a lot of attention.

Honest question, the draft day trade between Luka and Trae doesn't go down and Luka stays with the ATL and Trae is in Dallas.

How many rings or at the very least ECF appearances does Luka have with the Hawks?

Hawks with a miles better roster than anything Dallas has ever had. Trae a criminal for how shitty Atlanta has been.

*all these thoughts are without looking at who's resting/injured

Celtics laying DDs in Washington. The Bullets are 3 back of play in so it's now or never. Boston with a 3 game lead in division now with Sixers slump so have to be feeling a bit better.

Miami and Toronto both currently in the play-in. The Heat are tied record wise with the Nets, so 6th place is in their sites. This should be a competitive game.

Cavs and Hawks should see some points. I'll be watching live looking for a discount. Hawks squarely in the play in. Cavs have been sitting 4th for a long time.

The West is obviously wild... Thunder and Lakers have same record and sit at 9/10 right now. Utah is right outside and seemingly the threat. OKC hosts a pesky hornets team tonight laying 9. This is a game worth monitoring.

Memphis only laying a tuddy vs Orlando at home. Hmmmm. The Grizz are seemingly locked into #2 spot although a collapse and Sacto could catch them. Doubtful. Another game worth monitoring. Orlando is just playing the season out.

TWO games seperate seeds 4-8 in the West right now. The teams at 7-8 battle it out in the bay tonight. Pretty hefty tariff on the Warriors. NOLA on a b2b after trashing The blazers. As Twinkie noted, Pels been beating up on bad teams. Now, they face a pretty full Warriors squad. Pretty much a standalone game here, should get a lot of attention.
Great post.

Honest question, the draft day trade between Luka and Trae doesn't go down and Luka stays with the ATL and Trae is in Dallas.

How many rings or at the very least ECF appearances does Luka have with the Hawks?

Hawks with a miles better roster than anything Dallas has ever had. Trae a criminal for how shitty Atlanta has been.
Interesting. I was Ice Trey da Gang that run they had…but Luka there would be sicko

Wiz and C's have hit their stride.

That was as low as 208.5.

We're at 215.5 right now. Hopefully a strong last 3 minutes here.

Wiz and C's have hit their stride.

That was as low as 208.5.

We're at 215.5 right now. Hopefully a strong last 3 minutes here.
Caught that bet at 6:26 left 2nd quarter. Score was 38-33

They combined for 44 to end half. Obviously wish I had multi unit bet that now hehe.

Feel pretty good with Boston down about the bet, as they should be eager to play fast in the 2h.

Not the start we want here. Atlanta has gotten going but the Cavs have stalled. More than willing to bet this again, but will be patient.
These two picked it up a bit to get to 110.

Game lined 239.5

2h total 114.5

I've won on a few hawks games this year with this type of discount.

Could be a sucker bet but I'll follow live maybe middle...

Cavs Hawks 2H o114.5 bump this one to 1.5 units

Take the 3-1 night overall.

Bought off a winner but with how they had to come back scoring wise after that start I'm not mad.

Hornets come back and will win SU in OKC. Glad I didn't get involved.

Memphis led big but Orlando has fought back a bit.

Watch this late game but not expecting to get involved honestly.

Playoff races seemingly don't matter with injuries/rest.

Hence why I mostly do totals.

Why is SGA sitting?.

Screenshot_20230328-221905.png

Let's do a morning coffee recap...

Wizards absolutely blitzed the Celtics in DC. They had a comfortable lead from middle of the 2nd on. Washington shot the vall very well. Boston didn't get much from role guys and were 11-44 from behind the long line.

The Hawks and Cavs game turned into a great one late. Murray vs Mitchell late. Atlanta was very efficient from 3 and the FT line.

Toronto controlled the entire game with Miami and really broke away in the 3rd quarter. No Jimmy for the Heat. Everyone shot terrible for Miami except Herro. Meanwhile, Toronto had 3 guys with 20+ on efficient shooting.

Memphis, sans Ja and some others, came out firing and led by 17 after one quarter. Orlando won every quarter after that. They got within 3 a few times with under a minute left but Memphis pulled it off.

The really wild game was in Oklahoma City. The Thunder, who are in must wins each night, led by double digits at half. Charlotte put up 80 in the 2nd half though. OKC was down by 13 mid 4th but rallied to tie it. Charlotte proved to be too much though. PJ Washington with a 40 spot! With SGA out (still puzzling to me), OKC had 3 guys break 30. Their defense just let them down.

The finale of the night in the bay was quite interesting. New Orleans controlled this game for 34 minutes or so. They led by 17 at halftime. GSW came hard in the 3rd, with an onslaught of three's. The Pels kept answering till the last two minutes of the 3rd when the Warriors finally broke through the DD barrier and cut it to 4 entering the 4th. From there, it was over. Golden State cruised with a 35-20 4th and covered the spread! Go back to the 3rd. The Warriors hit EIGHT three's in that period. Wild.

*thoughts are without looking at who's in and out.

I can't do every game tonight but some quick thoughts...

Obviously with this limited time left in the season you want to look for teams that need to win vs those with no playoff aspirations...

What fits tonight?

Brooklyn vs Houston

Oklahoma City vs Detroit

Utah @ San Antonio

Sacramento @ Portland (kinda)

Of these, the one I'd concentrate on is Jazz and Spurs. Utah is only 1.5 out of 10th and 2.0 out of 9th right now. They are still squarely in this. Not only that, they play the Lakers twice and Thunder once to end season. So, those games are basically worth double in the big picture.

I'll track the OKC -Det game once I find out participants.

It's tough to consider Brooklyn a true #6 right now just due to the trades.

Portland has been plenty bad, but Sacto is close to getting locked into that seed.

No SGA again...

Still tracking that one...

The one total I wanted to track has 142 at halftime with 123 as the # for the 2h. Good grief.

Okay, 142 in 1h

79 in the 3rd

One unit play on Bucks u282.5 -105

Looking for a slow start and a middle here.

Lastly, KD back tonight.

That's good he'll get a few more games to acclimate with the team before the playoffs start.

Okay, 142 in 1h

79 in the 3rd

One unit play on Bucks u282.5 -105

Looking for a slow start and a middle here.
Nothing going to happen here.

Likely just take the loss for tonight. This card just isn't it with injuries/rest etc.

Kick back and enjoy this Dallas n Philly game.

Late morning thoughts from last night ...

Dallas and Philly was an entertaining game. The Sixers showed some tiredness in the 1st half coming home after the road trip. They eventually got the lead in the 4th and really didn't look back. Dallas played really well but when your offense is predicated on 3 point shots other than Irving and Luka, you are going to have the feast and famine results. I watched late as brick after brick was tossed up.

Time for a new system, which means a new coach.

Oklahoma City is without a lot of key guys, and I'm entirely curious if they want to make the play-in. Either way, they got a last second tip in from the rookie to get the win vs the worst team in the league.

KD couldn't buy a basket last night overall and you could see the frustration in his first home game. On the other side, KAT was burying three's and driving to the hoop HARD in a twenty points 1H. He then received 5 shot attempts in the 2h. Mystifying.

So, at the start of the 2Q I bet Sacto pretty big -10.5. I got the discount I wanted. Middle of the 3rd I middled half of the bet at +14.5. LOL. This is when the "run" started. They were up 12 when I did this. I checked the score next early in the 4th and it was 99-65. Holy moses! Anyways...

Jrue and Janice had themselves a fun time vs the Pacers. Welcome to the 50 pt club Jrue!

Retro evening in Memphis by Brodie. That's his best offensive game in some time. Wildly efficient!

Pat Beverly was 0-5 and -32 last night. Lakers win in Chicago. I think they had some motivation there hehe.

Two games on the board tonight, like the old days of TNT Thursday. Disappointing, but should be good games both ways.

Milwaukee is -2.5 at home vs Boston. As always, no clue who is and isn't playing but that # is a bit soft if both at full strength.

Shall see...

NOLA continues their road trip in Denver. The nuggets are laying 6 here. Totals are tough for NOLA games but I'll look for a close, slow start and hopefully get a discount on the 227. This has the makings of a wild 2h if close enough at halftime.

Back