• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

LIV Tour

Can't wait to see the level of protest once they go to the Trump courses. I have a feeling there will be less US-based tournaments than originally planned moving forward

Really curious to see how many patrons show up for this event. Maybe the LIV tour will pay people to show up and be a “fan”? My number is a million signing bonus, free air travel, room and board, a giant bowl of green m&m’s in my hotel along with all the concession food and beer I can drink while at the course. Hit me up Greg Norman….

Really curious to see how many patrons show up for this event. Maybe the LIV tour will pay people to show up and be a “fan”? My number is a million signing bonus, free air travel, room and board, a giant bowl of green m&m’s in my hotel along with all the concession food and beer I can drink while at the course. Hit me up Greg Norman….
Meet ya there at that price :)

LIV event has a stronger field than John Deere on PGA this week

I wonder what Sergio thinks his real value and worth is?

I read an article that had in-depth answers (Golf Digest I believe).

Wolffs answers were the most interesting.
Guessing this was it?

Wolff's make a ton of sense for his drop in play from school and right after it, to what it's been lately

Perez had the best answers today.

Blake douchebag as usual.
The way the media treats these guys for wanting to have a life outside of golf sucks. Just because someone makes a lot of money doesn't mean they don't get burned out. Not everyone is willing to sacrifice it all for the job. I understand that where the money is coming from is an issue, but I don't blame any of these guys for doing this

Embarrassing how?

By the NYT reporter I’m assuming? I don’t know the Twitter handle but that’s what I got from it
No, these guys answers.

They are awful. Phil's US Open presser was awful.

These guys need to be coached up better to be honest in media relations as they make this step.

No, these guys answers.

They are awful. Phil's US Open presser was awful.

These guys need to be coached up better to be honest in media relations as they make this step.

I don’t agree that it’s embarrassing (not saying you do either). The questions are embarrassing. What one of the players should do is just turn it around and say the US kills innocent people across the world with their “wars” and has for decades. What do you think the response would be then? They don’t want the truth so why ask the fucking question?

Maybe the next guy can go on about getting money from the PGA sponsors who are all liberal woke pieces of shit who are hypocrites day in and out on everything. They can ask why politics has to be involved in everything, especially sports. But again, those clowns don’t actually want answers that are truthful, they want canned responses that does nothing but Maine how make the player look bad.

I don’t agree they need be coached up at all. If the reporters don’t like the answers, they can stop asking questions. Who gives a fuck about what anyone, including the media, thinks about anything? Fuck all of that noise…the coddling and needing to be coached up so not to look anti PC is the reason our country (and by extension the works) is in the state we’re in.

I don’t agree that it’s embarrassing (not saying you do either). The questions are embarrassing. What one of the players should do is just turn it around and say the US kills innocent people across the world with their “wars” and has for decades. What do you think the response would be then? They don’t want the truth so why ask the fucking question?

Maybe the next guy can go on about getting money from the PGA sponsors who are all liberal woke pieces of shit who are hypocrites day in and out on everything. They can ask why politics has to be involved in everything, especially sports. But again, those clowns don’t actually want answers that are truthful, they want canned responses that does nothing but Maine how make the player look bad.

I don’t agree they need be coached up at all. If the reporters don’t like the answers, they can stop asking questions. Who gives a fuck about what anyone, including the media, thinks about anything? Fuck all of that noise…the coddling and needing to be coached up so not to look anti PC is the reason our country (and by extension the works) is in the state we’re in.
My thing here, they knew they would be pressed on these things and seemingly are unprepared.

That's all.

The reporters should be throwing shit in Blake's face. Even though most could tell he was full of shit, give it to him.

Perez is refreshing. These guys late 40s absolutely should be doing this. It's basically a retirement bonus.

My thing here, they knew they would be pressed on these things and seemingly are unprepared.

That's all.

The reporters should be throwing shit in Blake's face. Even though most could tell he was full of shit, give it to him.

Perez is refreshing. These guys late 40s absolutely should be doing this. It's basically a retirement bonus.

Maybe they just don’t give a fuck and no longer want to play by “the rules” set forth by the media who can essentially be seen as an extension of the PGA Tour in a way.

And yes, sure the reporters should, or can throw it in Brooksie’s face but again…I don’t think he gives a flying fuck about what they think. That’s a big high five from me for that.

The hypocrisy the players could prove from the media (and the PGA tour, and any and everyone else who has a “hot take” about their decision) would be laughable and tremendously awesome. I really hope one of them starts it and then it snowballs from there.

So they are picking up good players at a decent clip now, at some point next year we are gonna go past 54 players

Who gets fucked over?

Also I know it was posted the golf version of drive to survive was filming at the first liv event

Liv giving full access can only be good for their PR, so I hope we get some good stuff outta this week and seeing how players are thinking coverage is

So they are picking up good players at a decent clip now, at some point next year we are gonna go past 54 players

Who gets fucked over?

You’d have to imagine they change some stuff up. Either more teams, could scrap the team concept altogether, could add cuts just like the PGA, whatever.

The one thing they have is flexibility and they aren’t beholden to “tradition” and “the way it’s always been.”

Who gets fucked over?
No one really moves the needle other than DJ.

Maybe Abe due to his age.

Blake injuries and whatnot taken the glamour off him since 2019 majors.

You’d have to imagine they change some stuff up. Either more teams, could scrap the team concept altogether, could add cuts just like the PGA, whatever.

The one thing they have is flexibility and they aren’t beholden to “tradition” and “the way it’s always been.”
I think the team concept gets bigger if anything

They are clearly trying to follow f1 model, the graphics from the first event looked very similar to the current f1 ones sky uses that shows on espn.

I think eventually they want the team thing to be like constructors title is for f1

I'd guess for the bigger names, part of their contract is team ownership in future if they lean into it harder

They invite the loopers to all the social engagements and the locker rooms look great. Long live LIV!!!

No one really moves the needle other than DJ.

Maybe Abe due to his age.

Blake injuries and whatnot taken the glamour off him since 2019 majors.
Brooksie and blake still move the media one tho

The big thing they have left to get PR is have one of their guys in contention at the open or fed ex cup final weekend

Presidents cup too I guess

3 to play and it's setting up for a tight finish, Grace 1 ahead of Ortiz, 2 ahead of Reed

Honestly thought of all people here Gandy you'd be the last to watch this

I count my blessings that I haven't seen a hole

Great course, golf has been good, the name guys are doing well, and they have it live in prime time. No reason not to watch.
Again, I'm surprised. Enjoy, not like I judge but assumed you'd be like most golfing types and punt this trash. Bad read.

I agree that Pumpkin Ridge would be great, only time I want to see it is playing it myself. Now watching this collection of trash playing it.

LIV hit a home run tonight. Great finish. Great shots. That birdie by Carlos to get his team to 3rd and got himself a solo 2nd. The champagne bath. Grace’s interview and the winning team interview. Pat Perez buying dinner because he shot 1000. Oh and the crowd.

Really impressed tonight with the golf and presentation. This is a legit league and after only 2 events the needle is pointing up.

Seeing plenty of logos on the players this week....Callaway, Taylormade, Adidas, Odyssey among them. Players more involved in supporting their teammates....Grace gets a champagne shower from his teammates after the win. Looking forward to getting a closeup look at Bedminster next month. Remember it was supposed to be this year's PGA Championship site before 1/6 happened.

Back