• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] First we'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we have experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

LIV Tour

As far as the USGA, it would seem to me if they were going to punish the players and not allow them to play the Majors, they would do it right out of the gate, especially with the US Open up next…almost to set the tone, so to speak. It would seem strange if they allowed it and then decided not to in the future…what would possibly change on their end, and how would they ever be more “upset” than they are right out of the gate with players defecting from the PGA to the LIV?
The wording was basically stating that it would be wrong via their criteria to dismiss players, this year.

We shall see if the change their criteria in the future.

The wording was basically stating that it would be wrong via their criteria to dismiss players, this year.

I just don’t see how they can or will if they don’t right out of the gate, with it being the US Open and the LIV being a Saudi backed league.

There’s also a possibility the PGA ends up working with the LIV, just like they do with other leagues like the European Tour and any other leagues they’re “associated” with.

I just don’t see how they can or will if they don’t right out of the gate, with it being the US Open and the LIV being a Saudi backed league.

There’s also a possibility the PGA ends up working with the LIV, just like they do with other leagues like the European Tour and any other leagues they’re “associated” with.
Definitely.

This is so fluid, tough to make predictions.

There was zero surprise as far as Tiger declining.

As far as all this, I could care less if these guys go. I don't want to say too much is being made of it, but a lot of people are simply looking the other way on MANY other aspects of life involved with dirty money. I best not catch any of these people wearing Jordans or rooting for LeBron James for an easy example.

Hey, there is more to bet here, and I am already trying to cap some FRL bets this week.

They are just pushing off any decision to see how it goes this year

Makes no sense for the independent associations to take a hard stance either way right now

PGA tour had to come out hard, couldn't go soft at the start.

Presidents cup team will be interesting to see how DJ is handled

I dont see the tiger thing at all

The money doesnt matter, even if he accepted the rumored 750m, he would lose Nike, over the long run hes making more with nike

The schedule as reno pointed out is too much for him

Hes in group with Rory, who basically said the LIV tour is blood money, that I would put at a 0% chance of ever playing on LIV

I dont see the tiger thing at all

The money doesnt matter, even if he accepted the rumored 750m, he would lose Nike, over the long run hes making more with nike

The schedule as reno pointed out is too much for him

Hes in group with Rory, who basically said the LIV tour is blood money, that I would put at a 0% chance of ever playing on LIV
Bingo

Thinking out loud again…

Will LIV players receive points towards the OWGR?

Top 60 OWGR players three weeks prior to the US Open are exempt and play. There’s many other exemptions as well, but I think Phil and DJ are the only two who would be exempt to play in 2023…

The LIV tour finals are at the end of October. Where do these guys go afterwards to play competitively? End of Oct to beginning of April ( Masters week ) is a long time to go between starts. The 2023 schedule will be 10 events but the dates are unknown currently.

I understand completely why the older guys are going for the money run. Most of them can’t compete at a top level on the PGA tour anymore and the signing bonuses and guaranteed money is too hard to pass up. And it makes sense why the fringe players like Peter Uihlein joined. He’s played in 15 PGA events this year and made 142k. He doesn’t have to break 80 this week in three rounds and is guaranteed 120k.

In the grand scheme of things and a few years into this tour are in the books, will any of the players have any relevancy on golf’s world stage? No doubt they’ll have plenty of money. Even if the PGA tour allows these guys to play in events ( which is doubtful), it won’t be easy to maintain enough earnings to keep your card if they’re playing elsewhere.

I agree with sentiments earlier posted in this thread about whether or not the Saudis care if this tour becomes profitable. But throwing hundreds of millions a year into this venture, you’d think after awhile it would get old? Then again, I’ve thrown vast amounts of cash into betting horses most of my life, and what has that gotten me…

Great to see the conversations going back and forth in this thread. I hope it continues…

Thinking out loud again…

I agree with sentiments earlier posted in this thread about whether or not the Saudis care if this tour becomes profitable. But throwing hundreds of millions a year into this venture, you’d think after awhile it would get old? Then again, I’ve thrown vast amounts of cash into betting horses most of my life, and what has that gotten me…

Great to see the conversations going back and forth in this thread. I hope it continues…
You and me both.....

This could really start to get interesting

Thinking out loud again…

Top 60 OWGR players three weeks prior to the US Open are exempt and play. There’s many other exemptions as well, but I think Phil and DJ are the only two who would be exempt to play in 2023…

The LIV tour finals are at the end of October. Where do these guys go afterwards to play competitively? End of Oct to beginning of April ( Masters week ) is a long time to go between starts. The 2023 schedule will be 10 events but the dates are unknown currently.

I understand completely why the older guys are going for the money run. Most of them can’t compete at a top level on the PGA tour anymore and the signing bonuses and guaranteed money is too hard to pass up. And it makes sense why the fringe players like Peter Uihlein joined. He’s played in 15 PGA events this year and made 142k. He doesn’t have to break 80 this week in three rounds and is guaranteed 120k.

In the grand scheme of things and a few years into this tour are in the books, will any of the players have any relevancy on golf’s world stage? No doubt they’ll have plenty of money. Even if the PGA tour allows these guys to play in events ( which is doubtful), it won’t be easy to maintain enough earnings to keep your card if they’re playing elsewhere.

Great post.

Thinking out loud again…

Yeah the OWGR discussion is going to be interesting and kind of a fool proof way to lock these guys out of Major's if the DP and PGA stick to their guns (right now no OWGR points for the first events). The entire discussion now of "I can make a pile of $$ and still play all 4 majors" is a very very near term reality and only as you said for a couple guys (DJ, Phil, Bryson) due to exemptions and current OWGR rankings.

Will be wildly interesting to see how it proceeds because all these guys long term could end up on a very very lonely (but cash filled) island of shitty golf and no majors at all. I have a feeling it doesn't play out that way but it's possible....

Last edited:
I haven’t been capping and following golf until the pandemic started. But this roster is everyone I basically tossed out from every event. Na is probably the most consistent and talented at this point.

Reed and Bryson were first mentioned then Blake Koepka, Vegas and two more. Of course I didn't copy that info.

100 mill is the price for Bryson.

What does that mean? His signing bonus? Don’t they still win money via purses/wins?

Bryson another one who looks annoyed by the likes of Scottie, Sam, and JT as superior golfers that he knows he can’t beat.

Reed and Bryson were first mentioned then Blake Koepka, Vegas and two more. Of course I didn't copy that info.

100 mill is the price for Bryson.
This is what i get for not refreshing the page....lool....all of these

LIV Golf tournament payouts 2022​

Below are the projected payouts for each 48-player tournament in the LIV Golf Invitational Series:

PlaceProjected payout
1$4,000,000
2$2,125,000
3$1,500,000
4$1,050,000
5$975,000
6$800,000
7$675,000
8$625,000
9$580,000
10$560,000
11$540,000
12$450,000
13$360,000
14$270,000
15$250,000
16$240,000
17$232,000
18$226,000
19$220,000
20$200,000
21$180,000
22$172,000
23$170,000
24$168,000
25$166,000
26$164,000
27$162,000
28$160,000
29$158,000
30$156,000
31$154,000
32$152,000
33$150,000
34$148,000
35$146,000
36$144,000
37$142,000
38$140,000
39$138,000
40$136,000
41$134,000
42$132,000
43$130,000
44$128,000
45$126,000
46$124,000
47$122,000
48$120,000

Where can I bet on this tourney? I don’t see lines.
Too many unknowns playing in the event. I can’t imagine how a book can create betting lines. Perhaps they can create some H2H match ups with the guys who are of the known quantity. If anyone sees lines anywhere please post where, I’m interested…

I mean I’m not going to lie I’ll probably end up betting it. I think a few very inefficient numbers in there with them shading all of the pseudo big names along with DJ at the top but we shall see what outs I can get liquid at

You and me both.....

This could really start to get interesting

Patrick Reed around the Saudis should be interesting

Lol saw a comment saying what is gonna happen to the people who scream GET IN THE HOLE!

Thinking out loud again…

They do not get OWGR points.

Bryson is confirmed playing in next week’s LIV event. Rumor is Reed will as well, and then the Rickie news too.

Just saw Mackenzie hughes interview from RBC, it's a good interview I'll post if I can find it, was on TV

He was really open about LIV, said guys around tour are talking about LIV, everyone whos not in the top tier (rory, rahm, JT etc) are talking about their numbers that would make them think about it,

He also said, and I haven't seen this anywhere else, the word around tour is the masters is shutting these guys out completely, so even with DJs exemption, he wont be playing

Just saw Mackenzie hughes interview from RBC, it's a good interview I'll post if I can find it, was on TV

He was really open about LIV, said guys around tour are talking about LIV, everyone whos not in the top tier (rory, rahm, JT etc) are talking about their numbers that would make them think about it,

He also said, and I haven't seen this anywhere else, the word around tour is the masters is shutting these guys out completely, so even with DJs exemption, he wont be playing
Interesting, but yeah, PGA has to be so pissed off right now (just speculating but I mean...)

Bryson is confirmed playing in next week’s LIV event. Rumor is Reed will as well, and then the Rickie news too.
The next event is weeks away fwiw.

I think around July 1 at Pumpkin Ridge.

These guys feel more comfortable announcing now (guessing) since they won't get shut out of the US Open.

The next event is weeks away fwiw.

I think around July 1 at Pumpkin Ridge.

These guys feel more comfortable announcing now (guessing) since they won't get shut out of the US Open.

I should have said the next event, not next week. You’re right.

Back