LIV Tour

Danny Lee is 32, Adam Schenk is 31. Schenk has been a pro since 2015.

Taylor Moore is 29 and has been a pro since 2016.

Of the three, the best story by far was Lee who was mercurial as a teen, winning the US amateur at a younger age than Tiger, and a becoming the youngest European Tour winner as an amateur. Then he fell on hard times before resurrecting his career in 2015, winning at the Greenbrier and finishing ninth in FexEx Cup points. He kind of hung on in the periphery for a couple of years and then faded back into the wilderness until resurrecting again this week. That kind of rollercoaster ride makes for a compelling story. GPS_3 is right....Schenk and Moore are and have been unknowns kicking around the minor tours for 7-8 years now. Nice story that they contended this week but it's a dime a dozen for those type. They pop up all the time in the lesser Tour events.
No idea why ages came into it but maybe even reinforces my point with families on the line....the point is whether you think it's dime a dozen Schenk or Moore getting a breakthru win on the PGA tour and opening themselves up to a wildly different career moving forward for their families one way or another is more compelling than Lee breaking thru against a bunch of guys that get paid regardless. He gets a pile of $ on top of his pile of $....that's awesome.

One thing I'll agree with is if Lee stuck it out and had that breakthru win on the PGA tour than yes it would be the better story and people would actually be talking about it.

Oh yeah for sure i get it on both sides. Little bit of a spiderman meme on that one...LIV media mocking every PGA event without big names at the top. Then followed by LIV targeting every week (as they should) with the weakest PGA fields only then to watch all the LIV studs not care and see CH3 and Danny Lee lap the field (which then leads to the point of your post).
I'm happy for CH3. That guy grinded out a PGA career by playing nearly every event and making a very nice living on a whole bunch of T-35s.

I'm very interested to see how the LIV guys perform in the majors this year. Not the old farts, but DJ, Cam, Brooks, Bryson and even P Reed. I can see one or two of them making some noise, but if the majority of the guys who are able to compete in those tournaments are non-competitive, I don't see how they attract any young stars moving forward

No idea why ages came into it but maybe even reinforces my point with families on the line....the point is whether you think it's dime a dozen Schenk or Moore getting a breakthru win on the PGA tour and opening themselves up to a wildly different career moving forward for their families one way or another is more compelling than Lee breaking thru against a bunch of guys that get paid regardless. He gets a pile of $ on top of his pile of $....that's awesome.

One thing I'll agree with is if Lee stuck it out and had that breakthru win on the PGA tour than yes it would be the better story and people would actually be talking about it.

Lee didn't get a big signing bonus to join LIV golf. There were some who did, but many of them didn't get a big bonus, some didnt' get any at all from my understanding.

I'm happy for CH3. That guy grinded out a PGA career by playing nearly every event and making a very nice living on a whole bunch of T-35s.

I'm very interested to see how the LIV guys perform in the majors this year. Not the old farts, but DJ, Cam, Brooks, Bryson and even P Reed. I can see one or two of them making some noise, but if the majority of the guys who are able to compete in those tournaments are non-competitive, I don't see how they attract any young stars moving forward
Definitely going to be interesting. DJ can win anywhere/anytime probably until he's 55 or so....guy is just different. Cam will be really interesting...i felt like he was so successful not just because he's one of the top 3 talented golfers on the planet (he is) but he finally gave it the time it deserved and was rewarded handsomely for it. One could say Cam could have snagged 2 or 3 majors last year with a bit of chipping luck at Augusta and some average putting at the PGA. Just don't know what to expect from him now without seeing any results that matter. Tough to cap but they both can win.

Definitely going to be interesting. DJ can win anywhere/anytime probably until he's 55 or so....guy is just different. Cam will be really interesting...i felt like he was so successful not just because he's one of the top 3 talented golfers on the planet (he is) but he finally gave it the time it deserved and was rewarded handsomely for it. One could say Cam could have snagged 2 or 3 majors last year with a bit of chipping luck at Augusta and some average putting at the PGA. Just don't know what to expect from him now without seeing any results that matter. Tough to cap but they both can win.
Yes, DJ's talent is so superior to everyone else, except maybe Rory (who is a head case in majors), that he's a threat no matter the circumstances. Cam kind of reminds me of Scheffler in that they both just seem to know how to get the ball in the hole no matter what. Which plays really well at majors when the margins are thin and things don't always go the right way

Oh, the "hot takes" and revisionist history will be fun to go through in this thread. Anyone want to voluntarily admit they were wrong and the LIV guys masterfully played the game? Eat that crow, I heard it tastes like chicken.

Time for Monahan to get to the negotiation table and try to work out an amicable solution. Protect your 20 best tournaments, allow for cross entries, and sue for peace.

Besides the majors, LIV schedule should work around these events in all years:

1-2 Hawaii back to back
3 Torrey Pines
4 Pebble
5 Riviera
6 Bay Hill
7 Sawgrass
8 WGC Match Play
9 Harbour Town
10 Avenel MD
11 Quail Hollow
12 Byron Nelson
13 Colonial
14 Memorial
15 Canadian Open
16-18 3 weeks of FedEx playoffs
19 CJ Cup
20 Zozo Championship
Posted almost one year ago. I will take my full bow now.

I think today's news is pretty hilarious, and probably a long-term benefit to the fans. The only downside is now Patrick Reed has a path back to my TV screens 20 weekends a year

Back