• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Jan Tennis Pre and Aussie Open Discussion

KJ

Bump. Set. Shuma!
Best to do it this way I think...discuss away

I'm doing the Canadians in the ATP Cup but Shap is not good right now. Aussie Open can take this over but looking for early observations and how anyone is handling the climate.

Lots to watch these prep weeks and any weather updates would be awesome

Idea behind this is to follow the pre-Open matches from those that may not play, but we know this tournament can turn into a nightmare for fitness and hydration. Even the most meaningless matches these next couple weeks can tell us something. Pretty sure it will be hot and there will be submissions

ATP Cup in Sydney is a great barometer

Krajinovic as the "other Serb" against PCB is an incredible way to measure. The pressure on that dude has to be immense.

On PCB live -380 pretty big

Eventually he was winning that set, little work but 2nd should be smoke I think

Interesting in groups, Canada are last and Greece are 3rd

Those are the best two countries in the tournament....Spain and Italy have a say but have fun betting the two above coming from behind

That said Hubie is gonna cook Schwartzman in a few just for shits n giggles

Tsitsi is gonna steamroll tonight after his teammate basically sacked up. Enjoy the lowest numbers on him while you can get him...pretty sure he won't let that team down now.

Actually Greece can't qualify, man this thing has me chasing my tail

Scenarios w/o all the bullshit

two groups are h2h for the semis and one is Poland v Argie....brinks trucks on Hubie there

other is Italy v Russia, not so clear cut there. Tomorrow Sinner for ITA then Med for Russia...then they both play doubles lol. That's what's fun about this.

Too many scenarios in the other two groups to use that as motivation really

Med/Saf v Berrettini/Sinner will be the best sports you'll see on tv tomorrow if it actually means advancing

Three of the top 12 in the world in singles playing a doubles match to advance could be a lot of fun

Looking at some of these smaller live matches and there's a dude named Tuna Altuna and I can't get Jim from the Office out of my head

Can't back Shap here even though I hope he wins. Just hasn't been sharp and is overpriced

Shap can have two brilliant strokes then the next one looks like it has a disease

Also Kenin this morning looked like she was strung so tight, not a positive. Pissed at the little things. Thankfully for her the other chick lost it, Sofie was in implosion mode against a competent player.

Also Kenin this morning looked like she was strung so tight, not a positive. Pissed at the little things. Thankfully for her the other chick lost it, Sofie was in implosion mode against a competent player.
Kenin has looked like a mental wreck for months and is on the fade list for sure.

Reactions: KJ
Swiatek live right now, with zero momentum, is worth a look. Kinda waking up and looks like the ATP match is as advertised

Vika going a full three sets sounds miserable if you have money on her

This ATP Cup match is so incredible

Don't get to see this stuff often, hope the tie break delivers

There isn't a 2A that I know of...they just simply aren't that close in competition

She seems to be cool with losing points

Imagine you'd agree that she's 1 and then a few 2Bs after her, if she right I can't see any of them hanging, especially Barty
I think Barty at home beats her. Osaka will wilt. Sakkari and Sabalenka always have a shot but are headcases too

I think Barty at home beats her. Osaka will wilt. Sakkari and Sabalenka always have a shot but are headcases too
Wilt? Not sure if that's a play on words but I love that she's spending a month there

Osaka would destroy Barty in Melbourne, Sydney, the Moon if she's right. I kinda think she's in a good place.

Wilt? Not sure if that's a play on words but I love that she's spending a month there

Osaka would destroy Barty in Melbourne, Sydney, the Moon if she's right. I kinda think she's in a good place.
Well let’s see if she fights back now.

There’s that blonde who was playing well last year I forget her name rn tho

Well let’s see if she fights back now.

There’s that blonde who was playing well last year I forget her name rn tho
We live in this world where we want great athletes to pounce on their prey like caged animals, but the evolving world has people like her who isn't the pounce type.

I'm good with that. Still love to see the pounce types, but she's so good that it probably isn't fun for her, almost like she needs to create her own game in her head.

We live in this world where we want great athletes to pounce on their prey like caged animals, but the evolving world has people like her who isn't the pounce type.

I'm good with that. Still love to see the pounce types, but she's so good that it probably isn't fun for her, almost like she needs to create her own game in her head.
Maybe. I just want to see how she reacts w pressure on her.

I really don't know that nerves affect her or if she hopes to be tested at some point

More like she's bored

Back