HHM - NASCAR (2023)

If you are betting on NASCAR this year, post what sites you use, what limits they have, when they generally post lines, and if they have matchups.

I use BetUS, BAS, Bovada, and Bookmaker, but would like other options.
I have BOL and DraftKings. It looks like they both post lines early in the week. However only DraftKings has a few matchups posted right now. I’ll pay more attention next week to when everything posts. Not sure about the limits for either place.

I added these:

1 unit:
McDowell -110 over Stenhouse (Bovada) (I now have 2 units on this at -110 & -115)

0.5 units
Bubba -105 over Kyle Busch (Bovada) (I now have 1 unit on this at -110 & -105)
Bubba -110 over Larson (BetUS) This is the current limit, so I will have to wait until they change the limits to bet more. Larson is on the front row of the 500 so he should take it easy in the Duels.
Cindric -115 over Bowman (BetUS) This is the current limit, so I will have to wait until they change the limits to bet more. Bowman is on the front row of the 500 so he should take it easy in the Duels.

I have 0.5 unit on McDowell Top 10 at +195. It is +215 at Bovada now so I will likely add to this but I will probably wait until after the Duels.

How I see the Duels playing out:

Duel 1:

Bowman and Byron are in the front row and will probably control the early parts of the race. If at any time Bowman gets shuffled back he will probably just hang out which will leave Byron with not a lot of help. Maybe Bubba helps him because the only 2 other Toyotas in Duel 1 are Gibbs and Bell. There are a lot of good Fords in this Duel and if Logano, Blaney, and Burton can stick together, one of them will probably win this race.

I bet $10 for Burton to win Duel 1 at +2800 (BetUS)

Duel 2:

Almost the same for this Duel with good Fords grouped together near the front with Cindric, Briscoe, Almirola, and Keselowski not far behind. I will be interested to see how Preece performs in this race who could benefit from the other Fords around him. The Toyotas are grouped together and are overall better cars/drivers than in the 1st Duel with Truex, Hamlin, and Reddick. If Busch and Chase Elliott can get to Larson, maybe Larson can stay up front. If not I expect him to ride around and wait until the 500 since he is on the front row for the 500.

I bet $10 for Cindric to win Duel 2 @ +1200 (BetUS)

I love McDowell over Stenhouse. Unfortunately BetUS doesn't offer that matchup. 7 straight top 15s at the D500 4 out of 5 in the top 10. Stenhouse for my money is the worst driver out there.

BAS has put up their matchups, so I added to these:

1 unit:

Bubba -110 over Larson (BAS) This is their limit. I now have 1.5 units on this.
Cindric -115 over Bowman (BAS) This is their limit. I now have 1.5 units on this.

I cannot believe Larson is the betting favorite to win the 500, although last night Bowyer said that he spoke with Larson and he indicated he would change his normal approach to the 500, inferring that he will not be that aggressive and just ride until the end.

I love McDowell over Stenhouse. Unfortunately BetUS doesn't offer that matchup. 7 straight top 15s at the D500 4 out of 5 in the top 10. Stenhouse for my money is the worst driver out there.
Yeah, BAS and BetUS have Stenhouse versus Preece and Johnson, which is a bigger roll of the dice than McDowell. Maybe Stenhouse will do well in the Duels and they will change their matchups.

I'm bullish on Cindric again as well. We got what we needed last night with Larson and Bowman getting on the front row again to fade them once again.

I'm bullish on Cindric again as well. We got what we needed last night with Larson and Bowman getting on the front row again to fade them once again.
I kinda want Byron to win his Duel so I will get better odds against him too. I waited on betting Bubba against him just in case. Bubba is -115 against Byron now.

After the Duel races, I added:

1.5 unit:
Almirola -105 over Briscoe (BAS & BetUS)

1 unit:
Bubba -115 over Byron (BAS)

Last edited:
What I have so far going into Friday & Saturday practice:

2 units:
McDowell -115 & -110 over Stenhouse (Bovada)

1.5 units:
Bubba -110 over Larson (BAS & BetUS)
Cindric -115 over Bowman (BAS & BetUS)

1 unit:
Bubba -105 & -110 over Kyle Busch (Bovada)

0.5 unit:
McDowell Top 10 +195 (Bovada)
Bubba Top 10 +140 (Bovada)

Lost:
$10 Burton to win Duel 1 at +2800 (BetUS)
$10 for Cindric to win Duel 2 @ +1200 (BetUS)

So much for Larson taking it easy and being more patient like Bowyer said.
Keselowski is gonna wreck a bunch of people in the 500.

Last edited:
Bubba parked his car 1/2 way through the practice today and said they were done until the 500, so no practice tomorrow either. He really only practiced in a single-car draft and practiced a pit stop in what little practice he did today. Very confident.

I added these:

1 unit:
McDowell -115 over Stenhouse (Bovada)

0.5 unit:
Gilliland Top 10 +250 (Bovada)

0.25 unit
Bubba Top 5 +340 (Bovada) I already have Bubba Top 10 at +140, because Bovada originally had Bubba Top 5 at +200, now that they have changed it to Top 5 at +340 I wish I had a 0.5 unit on just that and no Top 10 bet)

Updated bets:

3 units:
McDowell -115, -115, & -110 over Stenhouse (Bovada)

1.5 units:
Bubba -110 over Larson (BAS & BetUS)

1 unit:

0.5 unit:

0.25 unit
Bubba Top 5 +340 (Bovada)

Lost:

Daytona Xfinity Plays:

2.5 units:
Kligerman over Sammy Smith +100 & -110 (BAS & BetUS)

1.5 units:
Creed over Mayer -115 & -120 (BetUS & BAS)

1 unit:
Ryan Sieg over Alfredo -105 (BetUS)
Creed over Brandon Jones -110 & -115 (BetUS & BAS)
JH Nemechek over Haley +105 (BetUS & BAS)

0.5 units:
Kligerman over Herbst +100 (BAS)

$10 Kigerman to win +2000 (Bovada)

I am increasing my wager sizes this year if anyone is comparing this to my normal Xfinity plays from last year.

Last edited:
I like Creed over Mayer. Played that one myself. Also have Custer over Chandler Smith. I played a small win ticket on Creed as well.

GL today.

I like Creed over Mayer. Played that one myself. Also have Custer over Chandler Smith. I played a small win ticket on Creed as well.

GL today.
It is tough betting on Creed because he has a lot of checkers or wreckers in him. I hope he has matured a little more going into this season. He has a good car.

For the Xfinity race, I have added:

1 unit:
JH Nemechek -115 over Chandler Smith (Bovada)

It does not look like BM will put out any Xfinity matchups.

Summary of Daytona Xfinity Plays:

2.5 units:

1.5 units:

1 unit:

0.5 units:
Herbst +185 over Berry (Bovada)

Last edited:
Playing this because I do not understand it:

0.5 units:

I added it to the summary above.

Summary of Daytona Xfinity Plays:

2.5 units:

1.5 units:

1 unit:

0.5 units:

-2.1 units

The wreck that ended the race caused me to go from easily winning my largest bet to losing it, 5.1 unit swing.

Added:

2 units:
Cindric -120 versus Reddick (BM)

1.5 units:
Harvick -105 versus Bowman (BAS & BetUS)

1 unit:
Buescher -110 versus Austin Dillon (BAS)
Almirola -125 versus Austin Dillon (BetUS)

0.5 unit:
Bubba +100 over Larson (BAS) makes 2 units in total
Cindric -115 over Bowman (BetUS) makes 2 units in total

Last edited:
Updated Daytona 500 bets:

3 units:

2 units:
Bubba -110 & +100 over Larson (BAS & BetUS)

1.5 units:

1 unit:

0.5 unit:

0.25 unit

Lost:

Last edited:
That should be it unless some of the favorites are bet up at BM, which usually happens as we get close to the green flag.

I am betting on Bubba and Fords and fading on Hendrick cars not driven by Chase Elliott and Stenhouse.

Due to the luck involved in avoiding wrecks at Daytona, I try to split up my matchups of the drivers I like versus multiple other drivers.

I have:
4.75 units on Bubba
4 units on Cindric
3.5 units on McDowell
2.5 units on Almirola
2.5 units on Harvick
1 unit on Buescher
0.5 units on Gilliland

I kinda worry about the Toyotas today since there are so few of them. They will need to pit with other cars and not try to pit with each other as they have done in the past. I don't think Bubba really cares about sticking with the Toyotas and due to his ability on superspeedways, other drivers will draft and help him before other cars no matter the manufacturer. Kinda like cars wanting to draft with Dale Jr on superspeedways in the past.

I checked DK and they are not offering many matchups.

Some of the bets that I have made are no longer available and if I were just betting today and these were available, I think I would take:

McDowell -115 over Stenhouse
Bubba Top 5 +340
Cindric -115 over Bowman
Bubba +100 over Larson

Someone just hammered Chastain over Larson at BM

BetUS & BAS:

Ross Chastain +115
Kyle Larson -145

BM:

Kyle Larson -110
Ross Chastain -120

Someone just hammered Chastain over Larson at BM

BetUS & BAS:

Ross Chastain +115
Kyle Larson -145

BM:

Kyle Larson -110
Ross Chastain -120
I played 1 unit on Larson +103 (BM) & 1 unit on Chastain +115 (BAS)

The limit at BAS is 1 unit so that is the max so that all I could bet both sides.

I will either win .03 units or 0.15 units

Chase Elliott is +136 over Blaney at BM, I may add that but waiting.

That should be it unless some of the favorites are bet up at BM, which usually happens as we get close to the green flag.

I am betting on Bubba and Fords and fading on Hendrick cars not driven by Chase Elliott and Stenhouse.

Due to the luck involved in avoiding wrecks at Daytona, I try to split up my matchups of the drivers I like versus multiple other drivers.

I have:
4.75 units on Bubba
4 units on Cindric
3.5 units on McDowell
2.5 units on Almirola
2.5 units on Harvick
1 unit on Buescher
0.5 units on Gilliland

I kinda worry about the Toyotas today since there are so few of them. They will need to pit with other cars and not try to pit with each other as they have done in the past. I don't think Bubba really cares about sticking with the Toyotas and due to his ability on superspeedways, other drivers will draft and help him before other cars no matter the manufacturer. Kinda like cars wanting to draft with Dale Jr on superspeedways in the past.

I checked DK and they are not offering many matchups.

Some of the bets that I have made are no longer available and if I were just betting today and these were available, I think I would take:

McDowell -115 over Stenhouse
Bubba Top 5 +340
Cindric -115 over Bowman
Bubba +100 over Larson
1 unit:
Chase Elliott +147 over Blaney (BM)

Ending had 20-30 minutes of buildup then junk

Whatever this system is, it's not entertaining at the end of the day

Updated Daytona 500 bets:

3 units:

2 units:
Bubba -110 & +100 over Larson (BAS & BetUS)

1.5 units:

1 unit:

0.5 unit:

0.25 unit

Lost:
I thought the last wreck helped me and I would only lose a little, but I assume Larson was able to get his car moving, because Bubba was ahead of him when the caution came out and Larson was the cause of the caution. Unless something changes:

-6.82 units

Daytona:
Xfinity -2.1 units
Cup -6.82 units

2023:
Xfinity -2.1 units
Cup -4.42 units
Total -6.61 units

I placed a few pre-practice & pre-qualifying bets:

1 unit:
Erik Jones +110 over Bowman (Bovada)

0.5 units:
Erik Jones -125 over Suarez (BetUS)
Almirola -115 over Stenhouse (BetUS)
Reddick -115 over Chastain (Bovada)
Kyle Busch -115 over Bell (Bovada)

Really like Jones this week.

Fading Stenhouse after a career win last week against a solid driver in Almirola and SHR did well in Fontana last year.

Reddick dominated this race last year before a flat tire put him a lap down. I would think that also bodes well for Kyle Busch who is in that car this year.

If qualifying is canceled, which looks likely, the starting order for the Cup race will be the reverse of this list, so all of the guys that I have bet against will start in the Top 10 and all of the guys I bet on will start in the back half of the field with Jones and Reddick starting at the rear. It is hard to pass at Fontana so this is not good. Larson did start at the rear last year and won, but it is Kyle Larson.

FpxjoK5acAIW-XW

If qualifying is canceled, which looks likely, the starting order for the Cup race will be the reverse of this list, so all of the guys that I have bet against will start in the Top 10 and all of the guys I bet on will start in the back half of the field with Jones and Reddick starting at the rear. It is hard to pass at Fontana so this is not good. Larson did start at the rear last year and won, but it is Kyle Larson.

FpxjoK5acAIW-XW
Practice & qualifying were canceled so the lineup will be the reverse of this list. This should favor the drivers and teams that are typically good at this tract even more since they are more likely to have a setup that works when they unload and others will be chasing the setup all day.

It is not easy to pass here and some of the drivers with a better history at Fontana and similar tracks are starting in the rear like Jones and Austin Dillon, which will hurt them.

Almirola, Kyle Busch, Larson, and Hamlin have a good history here and are starting mid-pack which should not hurt them.

I added some:

2 units:
Austin Dillon -115 over Briscoe (Bovada & BAS)

1 unit:
Almirola -115 over Stenhouse (BetUS & BAS)
Keselowski -115 over Preece (BAS)
Harvick Top 10 -105 (Bovada) Harvick usually finishes in the Top 10 at Fontana and similar tracks last year, but he usually does not start in the Top 10 like he will in this race.
Keselowski Top 10 +200 (Bovada)

0.5 units:
Erik Jones -125 over Suarez (BetUS & BAS) Unless the odds change in my favor, I probably will not add to this because Jones is starting at the rear and Suarez is staring up front.
Reddick -115 over Chastain (Bovada) Unless the odds change in my favor, I probably will not add to this because Reddick is starting at the rear and Chastain is starting up front.
Erik Jones +220 to win Group D against Bubba, Austin Dillon, and Briscoe (Bovada)

Last edited:
Practice & qualifying were canceled so the lineup will be the reverse of this list. This should favor the drivers and teams that are typically good at this tract even more since they are more likely to have a setup that works when they unload and others will be chasing the setup all day.

It is not easy to pass here and some of the drivers with a better history at Fontana and similar tracks are starting in the rear like Jones and Austin Dillon, which will hurt them.

Almirola, Kyle Busch, Larson, and Hamlin have a good history here and are starting mid-pack which should not hurt them.

Kyle’s history here is really stout. Some of the best Indycar oval races ever were at this track. Miss them, sigh. I’ll be on Kyle and Harvick in some capacity. Good luck

I am waiting for BM to come out but this is what I have so far
I am fading Blaney by using 4 drivers against him:

3 units:
Austin Dillon -115 over Briscoe (Bovada & BAS & Bovada)

2 units:
Keselowski -115 over Preece (BAS & BetUS)

1 unit:
Erik Jones -125 over Suarez (BetUS & BAS)
Bell over Blaney -120 (BAS & BetUS)
Byron over Blaney +100 (BAS & BetUS)
Logano over Blaney -125 (BAS & BetUS)
Kyle Busch -115 over Blaney (Bovada)
Harvick Top 10 -105 (Bovada)
Keselowski Top 10 +200 (Bovada)

0.5 units:
Erik Jones +220 to win Group D against Bubba, Austin Dillon, and Briscoe (Bovada)

Last edited:
Didn't realize there's a race today, trying to get more associated with stock cars, just difficult

Do you do F1 and Indy HHM?

Do you ever bet on Hamlin? I know die hards don't like him, just wonder if you ever do...I literally have zero opinion on these guys, guess I pull for Larson and Austin if I'm trying to fan

GL today, hitting that part of the year where racing owns Sunday mornings

Didn't realize there's a race today, trying to get more associated with stock cars, just difficult

Do you do F1 and Indy HHM?

Do you ever bet on Hamlin? I know die hards don't like him, just wonder if you ever do...I literally have zero opinion on these guys, guess I pull for Larson and Austin if I'm trying to fan

GL today, hitting that part of the year where racing owns Sunday mornings
Only Nascar.

I play Hamlin on certain tracks and when people are down on him.

This will be a good day to be on Larson and Austin Dillon. Larson is the favorite and usually dominates at these track types.

Added:

1 unit:

Larson -115 over Kyle Busch (BAS & BetUS)

0.5 unit:

Keselowski Top 10 +300 (BetUS)

$10 Jones to win +2800 (BetUS)
$10 Keselowski +5000 (BM)

Fontana:
Cup:

3 units:
Austin Dillon -115 over Briscoe (Bovada & BAS & Bovada)

2 units:
Keselowski -115 over Preece (BAS & BetUS)

1.5 units:
Keselowski Top 10 +200 (Bovada 100) & +300 (BetUS 50)

1 unit:
Erik Jones -125 over Suarez (BetUS & BAS)
Larson -115 over Kyle Busch (BAS & BetUS)
Harvick Top 10 -105 (Bovada)
Blaney fade
Bell over Blaney -120 (BAS & BetUS)
Byron over Blaney +100 (BAS & BetUS)
Logano over Blaney -125 (BAS & BetUS)
Kyle Busch -115 over Blaney (Bovada)

0.5 units:

I hope to use these to live bet on Bovada:
$10 Jones to win +2800 (BetUS)
$10 Keselowski +5000 (BM)

Xfinity:

2 units:
Sammy Smith -125 over Hemric (BAS & BetUS)

Back