• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Game 7 WCSF: Dallas @ Phoenix Discussion

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
This one certainly deserves a thread on it's own...

This has been a home team series so far as we head to Phoenix for the finale...

As I have said in my posts the last week, the turnovers on the road have been immense for the Suns...

Home Games:

Game 1 = 10 turnovers and -2 on points resulting
Game 2 = 17 turnovers and +2 on points resulting
Game 5 = 12 turnovers and +7 on points resulting

Road Games:

Game 3 = 17 turnovers and -7 on points resulting
Game 4 = 17 turnovers and -14 on points resulting
Game 6 = 22 turnovers and -23 on points resulting

That has basically been the story. The Suns have gotten worse EACH road game this series. Now, though, they are back in the friendly confines but with A LOT more pressure than they have been previously in the series.

This series has not had a close game yet. Yes, Game 1 had a narrow margin of 7 but that was a furious rally after being down over 20 points in the 4th quarter. This is a hard part to cap... which team can execute if we have a tight game 7? We have no history this series to look back on.

The only elimination game that this present Suns team has faced was Game 6 of last years Finals. They have played from ahead in all these other series until now..

4-2
4-0
4-2
2-4
4-2

An NBA best record of 64-18, this Suns team was a favorite to win it all this year. Now, they have a do or die Game 7 against a Mavs team that has at least been part of a Game 7 last year (succumbed to the Clippers). The Mavs actually led that series 3-2 before the Clips rallied to win the last two.

I think the key to this game is obvious... and that is Cliff Paul. He was brilliant in the blowout Game #2 but since then has been well below average. He is turning the ball over a lot. When he isn't churning, this offense gets a bit stale. Now, we know the role players will play better at home. That is generally a given, but will that be enough?

The X factor will be Dallas 3pt shooting. We know how much of their offense comes from behind the line. If they have some ridiculous 18-39 kind of effort, they likely will win or be right there. Conversely, they could pull a Houston Rockets from few years back and quietly go back home. The same applies here as far as role players go... much tougher on the road.

Brunson is another key. He was taken out of the series the first two in Phoenix. Since then, he has gotten himself going and Dallas has won 3 of the 4 contests.

All unders since the first 2 games in Phoenix, including an elimination game under tonight...

I think Phoenix does respond but with a top 5 player on the other side you really cannot count out anything...

I feel like my mavs love been vindicated but this series has kinda sucked, none the games have had any drama, feel like it been obvious who winning each one by 3rd qrtr at latest.

Luka doesn’t get enough help in Phoenix, they played better d in gm5 but Brunson was the only role player who did anything on offense. Luka has to expend way too much energy to keep mavs in it and he runs out of gas, think this be a pretty easy halftime bet, if luka once again has to do everything to keep it close in the 1st we pound suns at halftime, if he gets some help maybe mavs have a chance.

i thought this series was going to be 4-2 nuns before it started with the mavs putting up more resistance than people thought. now that it's gotten to a game 7, that cracking under pressure mentality is much more likely to creep in on the nuns side. they're the better team obviously, but i would never want my money riding on the nuns in any game 7.

Cliff isn't blaming his hand, deflecting questions about it just saying "I'm good" but if he hands the ball away much more like he did last night it's time to either let booker run point or trust Payne. Can't be worse than some of those lollipops he was giving away. Hell Shamet would be better than that. Gotta be a short leash or at least figure out how to use him as a decoy, tough to do w/a PG though

Cliff isn't blaming his hand, deflecting questions about it just saying "I'm good" but if he hands the ball away much more like he did last night it's time to either let booker run point or trust Payne. Can't be worse than some of those lollipops he was giving away. Hell Shamet would be better than that. Gotta be a short leash or at least figure out how to use him as a decoy, tough to do w/a PG though
When did he get hurt?

Seems to me when suns have looked their best ths offense is running thru book and cp3 standing in corner doing nothing.

Reactions: KJ
When did he get hurt?
When he came out he was shaking it and required the trainer, who knows when but he certainly doesn't want anyone thinking he is/was. Just obvious to the local media so naturally the questions.

Back