• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] First we'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we have experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Free Agency and Trades...

Rays are signing Wander Franco to a 12 yr extension.
Pretty shocked they got it done, hope they can still afford 14 relievers/year after this

Kinda interesting the way everyone wants to invest so much into starting pitching, the Rays are changing the game

They are the best run organization in the game.
Not sure where they're at on the stadium deal but now that needs to get done

Also wonder how many 20 year olds have had a contract running til they're 32. He'll still have 4-5 years most likely of productivity after this one is up.

They are the best run organization in the game.
When you look at the payrolls of the Yankees and Red Sox, it's pretty remarkable how the Rays not only compete in that division, but they're as good or better than those other teams, the way they find and develop young talent so consistently is a credit to their front office, and they seemingly win every trade they make

Imagine if we can find a way to bring back Ray??? My guess is they won’t bc they will want to fill the spot vacated now by Marcus but that staff could be nasty. Would be nice if Pearson adds something too

Imagine if we can find a way to bring back Ray??? My guess is they won’t bc they will want to fill the spot vacated now by Marcus but that staff could be nasty. Would be nice if Pearson adds something too
The thing is they have the money, 2nd richest owners in league after Cohen with mets

I think they went with Gausman here since Ray probly wanted, and will get, 7

Springer for a full season will help offset a lot of semien missing, so if they maybe go with cheaper options at 2nd or 3rd, assuming Biggio plays the other, never know

Pearson even becoming a good bullpen arm is something I'd take at this point

Still need another bat, I saw some stuff about Schwarber being an option as a dh, maybe kyle Seager for 3rd base?

Still need another bat, I saw some stuff about Schwarber being an option as a dh, maybe kyle Seager for 3rd base?
Seager wouldn’t be a bad option. I don’t want a full season of biggio. He really regressed. As a platoon ok, but can’t be the guy.

Agree about money. They could bring back Ray but prob will get outbid

If Scherzer does end up with the Mets you know they had to have blown away the market since he wanted to stay out west. It would be surprising if he gets anything less than 40 million per season.

I will set the line on a potential Scherzer deal with the Mets at 4 yrs/175 million and I'm going over on both. Just throwing out a guess I will go with 5 yrs/220 million.

I will set the line on a potential Scherzer deal with the Mets at 4 yrs/175 million and I'm going over on both. Just throwing out a guess I will go with 5 yrs/220 million.
Might as well go for it. Would weaken the dodgers, giants already lost Gausman via FA and posey via retirement. Like the moves so far but need to do something w that bullpen.

Extremely disappointed my ChiSox did not sign Ray or Gausman, especially at those prices. I felt they had to get 1 of those 2 to solidify position as a top contender. Jerry is settling for winning the division.

Everyone assumes Freeman resigns with the Braves, but when you get the Dodgers and Yankees kicking the tires, things change.

I think winning the WS makes it easier for him to leave ATL. They should've locked him before this season. Cost has gone up considerably.

Everyone assumes Freeman resigns with the Braves, but when you get the Dodgers and Yankees kicking the tires, things change.

I think winning the WS makes it easier for him to leave ATL. They should've locked him before this season. Cost has gone up considerably.
Yeah I think he's going to take the lowball offers as an insult and leave.

I think he ends up staying. It’ll be a terrible look for atl if they let him go. He HAS to retire a brave imo
There comes a point where the lack or respect is too much to handle. Freeman has taken less than market value before and has been willing to do so again but the team has been trying to take advantage of how much he wants to stay. At this point Atlanta is going to have to pay up or he will leave knowing he won them a championship on the way out.

Back