• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

ESPN Handicapper Picks--Week 13

Stole my favorite total of weekend! Lol. I waited and got better number, had to know that would get bet up. I was pretty nervous that went to ot after Rodgers dumb ass tried fumbling game away and they got to 31 each in ot hae ol miss tied it. The way it was going in red zone I was hopeful they still stay under in ot but glad didn’t have to sweat thru it!
I remember that was your first call of the week. Thought about it last night when the rain started falling at exactly the right time and figured you had it made. Then everything became shaky when Ole Miss went for two to tie the game

I think you are right, Bones. I've been leaning Texas all week. Added Texas as second team in teaser with Iowa
Teaser--Iowa -4x/Texas -2x

I remember that was your first call of the week. Thought about it last night when the rain started falling at exactly the right time and figured you had it made. Then everything became shaky when Ole Miss went for two to tie the game

Weird game in the sense I found myself actually rooting for points since they were so far under all I needed was messy st to score and put game away when they had it 1st and goal on the 1 with 5 min left, at that point coulda still absorbed 3 tds and stayed under, just needed them to put away any chance of ot but of course rodgers fumbleds, ol miss goes 99 yards and im sweating out a 2 point conversion in what shoulda been a easy cash, lol. I don’t think they both woulda scored tds in ot but never know, glad I didn’t have to worry about, especially cause I mentioned somewhere I thought ot would be only way it went over, woulda sucked to get that correct. I liked it so much Every play I made yesterday I madd a 2 teamer w that under so it woulda been super painful loss!!

I keep getting this sneaky suspicion ark:mizzou Is played to a way higher score than ppl are expecting: I did a dfs lineup late last night and used both Jefferson and cook as my qb/super flex and I don’t like cook or mizzou offense. Just think everything points to possibly being one of the highest scoring tigers games (outside of vols lighting them up for 60 something!). Mizzou d has been a pleasant bright spot but honestly look at the sec schedule they played, it littered with pretty much all the worst offenses! When Jefferson healthy as I think he is now hogs offense is pretty dang good, you can’t key on any one thing as they great at running the ball w the 2 demential attack of rocket sanders and Jefferson, Jefferson can light it up thru the air if you commit to stopping the run: tigers just havnt faced many teams that have this many ways to move the ball: im pretty bullish on thinking hogs score 30ish or more.

On the other side it no secret I don’t like mizzou offense but ark d has looked horrendous at times this year, if any unit doesn’t show up today I feel like it be this one. While mizzou isn’t great at anything on offense they do have the ability to run or throw, I don’t think ark can just send the house the way they did against lsu that totally shut their passing game down, outside that game there not many good things to point to for hogs d this year. The fact mizzou team total is higher than any score they have produced in sec play has to be somewhat telling I think. I went against the grain here and made a smallish play on over 55.5. If mizzou makes this a game I think it gonna have to come from their offense for a change. I could end up looking silly here, 1st time I’ve bet a mizzou over all year but sometimes gotta roll with it when ya get a feeling!

I think you are right, Bones. I've been leaning Texas all week. Added Texas as second team in teaser with Iowa
Teaser--Iowa -4x/Texas -2x
Don't like game pace for TX to get to 32...need to score this drive

Took Baylor TT Over 10.5 2H

Last edited:
Weird game in the sense I found myself actually rooting for points since they were so far under all I needed was messy st to score and put game away when they had it 1st and goal on the 1 with 5 min left, at that point coulda still absorbed 3 tds and stayed under, just needed them to put away any chance of ot but of course rodgers fumbleds, ol miss goes 99 yards and im sweating out a 2 point conversion in what shoulda been a easy cash, lol. I don’t think they both woulda scored tds in ot but never know, glad I didn’t have to worry about, especially cause I mentioned somewhere I thought ot would be only way it went over, woulda sucked to get that correct. I liked it so much Every play I made yesterday I madd a 2 teamer w that under so it woulda been super painful loss!!
Good catch on that Cincinnati QB situation. You saved me a loss because I was all ready to bet the Bearcats till I read your post.

Added Iowa -10x. Added second teaser with Iowa -4x, second team to be named later

That's it for me for the day. I'm still interested in Fla State and Mizzou, but decided I was better off to pass and concentrate on Saturday games

Last edited:
I chalk up my win on Texas to luck, not because I handicapped it correctly. I thought Texas would be fired up and Baylor flat. Instead, Baylor was more fired up and played harder for most of the game. I'm not impressed with Ewers. I don't see any improvement in him at all during the course of the season. As long as Texas ran the ball they dominated. Any time Ewers dropped back to pass it gave Baylor a better chance to win

Posted Pam Maldonado's picks (4-1 last week)
Temple +10
Louisiana State -10
Notre Dame +5
Kansas State -12
Stanford +6½

Posted ML Dog picks

MLDog Pickers:
Bill Bender—(1-2) (15-20) 2021 (9-30)

Louisville
Nevada
Rice

Mike DeCourcy—(1-2) (13-26) 2021 (15-24)
Miami Fla
Indiana
Michigan

Zac Al-Khateeb—(0-3) (7-29) 2021 (17-23)

S Carolina
Michigan
Coastal Carolina

Bill Trocci—(1-2) (9-27) 2021 (16-23)

Michigan
Notre Dame
Georgia St

3 of the 4 ML pickers on Michigan. Out of all those picks, I envision myself ML Miami Fl.

No strong feeling for me on LV/UK. I am going to take LV for a small play. UK just isn't all that good and if Cunningham is playing for the Cards, I think they are better overall.

I have bet this so far:

Seminoles TT Over 33.5 Win
Longhorns TT Over 31.5 Win
Rutgers +14.5
N Texas -14 (Rice is banged up and I now forgot what all I read)
Wake -3.5 (iffy on this one)
OU -2
LSU -9
BYU -6.5 (straight tail on Stanford Steve who usually has good insight into Stanford)

Parlay paying a little over 4:1
Iowa ML -400/ Buckeye ML -340/KY -2.5 -140/ BYU -6 -120 Lost
Staying with what I got. 2-0 on these yesterday, but lost Baylor 2h TT Over 10.5 and my parlay is dead with Iowa loss

Tempted to take Wolverines +9. Maybe Live wager later

I went against the grain here and made a smallish play on over 55.5. If mizzou makes this a game I think it gonna have to come from their offense for a change. I could end up looking silly here, 1st time I’ve bet a mizzou over all year but sometimes gotta roll with it when ya get a feeling!
:clapping2:

Lean UK still but it’s been a tough year. The Cats have absolutely destroyed UL the last 3 times. In the two games Cunningham has played UK has won by 30+ both times. Problem this year is UKs OL sucks. And Louisville is better on defense than they have been. Revenge game for the Ville but UK is usually up for this game as well. UL will still have a hard time scoring, though. Under might be the play.

Lean UK still but it’s been a tough year. The Cats have absolutely destroyed UL the last 3 times. In the two games Cunningham has played UK has won by 30+ both times. Problem this year is UKs OL sucks. And Louisville is better on defense than they have been. Revenge game for the Ville but UK is usually up for this game as well. UL will still have a hard time scoring, though. Under might be the play.
Thanks, good summary. I see the same thing about Kentucky--they just don't look the same as they have the last few years. That's why I haven't already bet them. I usually automatically bet Kentucky in this game, but haven't pulled the trigger yet because Kentucky has struggled more than they usually do. I still can't believe S Carolina physically beat them down

Only other game that interests me is N Dame/USC. I'd love to play it, but N Dame is still a mystery team to me. I like USC because no one can stop Williams, but hate to bet against the best D. Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

Good week for most of the pickers and an outstanding week for SVP who went 9-1. All of them ended in the black for the year with Adam Kramer first and SVP a close second. Never heard of Kramer before this year, but he started strong and stayed that way. Phil Steele started slow, but finished strong and ended up 10 games above .500. Greg McElroy led the D-League pickers. Bottom line--you won't find many groups of public pickers who all finish above .500 like these guys did. I haven't updated the three-year records yet, but will when I have time. (No picks for Colin Cowherd I guess. At least none I can find)

ESPN Pickers:
Stanford Steve— (2-3) (32-23) 2020-21 Total (71-56) Best Bet (7-5)

Texas Tech +2 win
Indiana +10x lose
BYU -6x win
USC/N Dame u 64x lose
Ohio St/Michigan u 56 lose

Scott Van Pelt—(9-1) (65-48) 2020-21 Total (99-77)

Ga Southern +4x win
Oreg St +3win
Wash St +1x win
Texas Tech +2 win
Ga State +6 win
Tulsa +12x win
Cal +10x win
Missouri +4 win
Ariz St +3x win
Wash St +2 lose

The Bear—(2-2) (37-24) 2020-21 Total (61-65) Bank Picks—(2-1) (16-16)
Penn St -18x win
Clemson -14x lose
Missouri +3 win
Vandy + 14 lose

Gameday Super Dog Picks, Season Record

David——N Dame +4 lose (8-5) 2021 Season 8-6
Kirk——Vandy +14 lose (6-7) 2021 Season 9-4-1
Desmond—Vandy +14 lose (6-7) 2021 Season 9-5
Reece——Coast Caro +14 lose (6-7) 2021 Season 9-5
Lee— aTm +10 win (6-7) 2021 Season 10-3-1

Other Pickers:
Adam Kramer—(6-3) (69-49)

Clemson -14x lose
Oregon St +3 win
LSU -10 lose
Texas Tech +2 win
JMU/Coastal Carolina o 53x win
Missouri +3 win
Arizona/Az State o 65x win
SMU -4x lose
Kentucky -3 win

Colin Cowherd Blazing Five— (4-1) (28-23) 2020-21 Total (66-77)

Phil Steele—(4-2) (42-32) 2020-21 Total (78-87)

UTEP +17 win
LSU -10 lose
Utah -29x win
Oklahoma -2 lose
Okla/Tex Tech o 64 win
BC +10x win

Pamela Maldonado—(2-3) (33-30) 2021 (17-23)

Temple +10 win
Louisiana State -10 lose
Notre Dame +5 lose
Kansas State -12 win
Stanford +6½ lose

My Picks—(5-3) (42-32) 2020-21 Total (108-65)
(Parlays—(1-4) (21-13)

Texas -8 win
Iowa -10x lose
Texas Tech +2x win
Clemson -14x lose
Kentucky -3 win
Kentucky ML win
Oregon State +3 win
Washington State +2 lose
Teaser--Duke +9x/USC +2 win
Teaser--Iowa/Texas lose
Teaser--Iowa/open lose
Teaser--Clemson -8x/Ohio St-Mich u 62x lose
Teaser--Oregon St +9/Washington St +8 lose
Strong lean Wash St, Ore State, Texas Tech. Lean Clemson, Kentucky

ESPN D-League Pickers:
Tyler Fulghum—(2-1) (21-16) 2021 (17-15)

Arkansas/Mizzou u 55x lose
Penn State -18 win
Utah -29x win

Greg McElroy—(1-2) (23-16)

Vandy +14 lose
Texas -8x win
Ohio St/Michigan u 64 lose

Joe Fortenbaugh—(3-0) (20-18) 2021 (25-33)

S Carolina/Clemson o 52 win
TCU -10 win
A Force -2 win

Doug Kezirian—(0-2) (17-24) 2021 (22-28)

LSU -10 lose
Vandy +14 lose
Tulsa/Houston o 67 tie

MLDog Pickers:
Bill Bender—(0-3) (15-24) 2021 (9-30)

Louisville lose
Nevada lose
Rice lose

Mike DeCourcy—(1-2) (14-25) 2021 (15-24)

Miami Fla lose
Indiana lose
Michigan win

Zac Al-Khateeb—(0-3) (7-32) 2021 (17-23)

S Carolina win
Michigan win
Coastal Carolina lose

Bill Trocci—(1-2) (10-29) 2021 (16-23)

Michigan win
Notre Dame lose
Georgia St lose

Back