• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

ECF's: Heat vs Celtics Discussion

Question for everyone who has been betting for a long time. Is it worth playing heat 4-2 for +150ish and celtics 4-3 for +250ish?
I understand both bets can burn if heat end it in 5

Question for everyone who has been betting for a long time. Is it worth playing heat 4-2 for +150ish and celtics 4-3 for +250ish?
I like the 4-2 Heat to be honest. Thinking Boston may have gotten a little swagger and confidence last night. Could see them winning game five at home and Heat wrap it up in six back in Miami. If Boston somehow wins at home and steals game six in Miami, I think they pull off the miracle. Would be something to see.

I don't hate it but I think I'd play it a hair safer on the risk side of it and take Heat bet off the table until after G5. Take the Celts for your +230/250 to win the series and if they show up in G5 like they did in game 6 i'd imagine the market flips back to the Celts -3.5/4 for game 6 and you can great the Heat at +130 or so.

If the heat get it done if 5 you are just out the series bet and very little difference IMO in the Heats single game ML vs the 4-2 price.

This series has nothing to do with the coaching or the players. Just if the refs allow Bam to slide 7-8 feet on his screens pushing the guards 35 feet from the hoop to fight over screens. They called it a couple of times last night and the Celtics in those following couple of mins went on massive runs as the Heat offense turned to mush.

This series has nothing to do with the coaching or the players. Just if the refs allow Bam to slide 7-8 feet on his screens pushing the guards 35 feet from the hoop to fight over screens. They called it a couple of times last night and the Celtics in those following couple of mins went on massive runs as the Heat offense turned to mush.
It has nothing to do with Bam. It has everything to do with the shitty defense and the soft "stars" of the Celtics. Get past your rant dude.

Grats on the win last night, not changing a damn thing I've seen.

Your fandom of the Niners pales in comparison to this, Bam is living in your head rent free.

Game 2 Result: Miami 111, Boston 105

That's TWO for the Heat. Will they be the ones sweeping the Celtics? After last nights game, it wouldn't surprise me but this series is over. Miami will advance to most likely play Denver.

Where are those big mouth 'know it all's' now? Easy to run your freaking mouth before the series talking about Miami going to get swept or lose. You're puke ass team got roasted again at home. LOL!!!!!

Boston is now down 0-2 and should be totally humiliated after how poor they executed - much of it is attributed to Miami's game plans and in game adjustments.

It's not 'if' the Heat win, it's 'when' the Heat win this series.

Very good win for Miami, two down, two to go.
Game 3 Result: Miami 128, Boston 108

That's THREE for the Heat. One more will make it a sweep and if that happens I'll admit I was wrong. I really thought this series was going to go at least six at the start of it, now I highly doubt it.

Could the Celtics extend the series? Yes, but right now I doubt it. If you think the crowd was involved for game three, you haven't seen anything yet. Game four will make yesterday's crowd seem like that of a newborn.

Boston in on life support. It's time to end their suffering.

High quality win for Miami, three down, one to go.

Game 4 Result: Miami 99, Boston 116

Celtics avoided the sweep and trail one game to three.

Still LOVE the Heat to win the series, just a matter of when.

I’m not a Celtics fan.
Fine, but that's not why they're down 3-1. Please admit that.

Hear it all the time from fans...Stoudemire out for game 6 is why the Suns lost to the Spurs. Bullshit. That was on Donaghy!

But seriously, ISU fans always bitching that a questionable personal foul is why they lost, the strike zone is why we lost, bad calls/missed calls

That is not why anyone lost, shouldn't ever be in that position to lose due to bad call(s), really good teams aren't. Even when the Saints lost to the Rams because of the blatant missed PI call, that's not why they lost.

It's great to complain about at the time, but rehashing it over and over discredits what team A did wrong and what team B did right which is vital to figuring this shit out for me. If it's up to me all three teams left would lose other than the team(s) I have money on.

Celtics 4-5 at home in the playoffs SU. Gonna play Heat ml +250. Seems more like a coin flip to me.

Celtics 4-5 at home in the playoffs SU. Gonna play Heat ml +250. Seems more like a coin flip to me.
That's my lean but not sure I'm comfortable playing it, likely will just play against the Celtics defense again. Heat will be an overly popular dog tonight for sure

If C’s win tonight what is line g6? -160/-170?

Value on the +225 vs parlaying ML wins by a few cents.

I expect Eric Lewis the Celtics 13th man to be working with perhaps Tony Brothers in g6

It’s a big loss for the Meat. His hot streak of shooting has been impressive. Now they’ll rely on bubble butt to hit open with the Bam screen game.
He was a definite under play tonight with the ankle but I expected him to give it a go. Kinda sucks that he's out.

If C’s cover this game they’ll be close to PK, to win the series. +225 dropping to half off a -300 win seems like a good time to add if you think they can win 3 more in a row. Debating myself. Had to see 1 win before considering this.

Now you have a -320 ML. Figure a game 7 off of 3 consecutive wins could even be higher. C’s if they win closer to their g3 line of -180 in Miami than g4. Parlay them all and you’ll get less than 2-1.

Took a stab at the best odds I could find of Celtics to win 4-3 +230. +225 was best series price. Some sharper books have it below +200 as 190. Celtics stink at home but continually dominate their opposition at times there but imploding.

Gabe was net +12 and +20 in the first 2 games in Boston. Lowry -11 and -21!

Alright,

I have no opinion tonight. This one is wide open.

This series was on the brink of being over at 61-52 the other night. At that point, Tatum hits the two threes. That ignites an 18-0 run. During this run and subsequently in the 4th the Boston defense really picked up to a championship level. A large portion of Miami's turnovers were in the 2h.

I want to repeat, this series was a few buckets from being over. Those Tatum hoops were SO key that I can't overstate it enough.

Bump in the road or the start of something special? We'll see. I won't base too much tonight either. I'll watch and learn (hopefully find value in total).

The overall work of this series still points Miami's way. This Boston team has fu**** around for 3 series plus the last part of the regular season. They think they can turn things on whenever they want. I've watched that type of mentality in 2006,2007 and 2008 with my boys. Each year in the playoffs it eventually backfired to lesser or equal teams.

Oh, Jaylen Brown is legit hurt.

That's huge.

I like the 4-2 Heat to be honest. Thinking Boston may have gotten a little swagger and confidence last night. Could see them winning game five at home and Heat wrap it up in six back in Miami. If Boston somehow wins at home and steals game six in Miami, I think they pull off the miracle. Would be something to see.
First step completed with Boston winning game five at home. Game six should be very interesting. Will be curious if Vincent is a go for game six in Miami. Can't deny the mindset has changed a bit here as Boston seems to be finding some confidence and one has to question whether or not if Miami is losing a little momentum and if any doubts have creeped in. I believe if Miami cannot close it out at home in game six and this goes back to Boston for game seven, the first ever 0-3 comeback in the NBA playoffs will happen.

It would only be fitting if the Celtics pull this off given what the Red Sox did a few years back to the Yankees after coming back from three games down to win four in a row and proceed to win the World Series.

First step completed with Boston winning game five at home. Game six should be very interesting. Will be curious if Vincent is a go for game six in Miami. Can't deny the mindset has changed a bit here as Boston seems to be finding some confidence and one has to question whether or not if Miami is losing a little momentum and if any doubts have creeped in. I believe if Miami cannot close it out at home in game six and this goes back to Boston for game seven, the first ever 0-3 comeback in the NBA playoffs will happen.

It would only be fitting if the Celtics pull this off given what the Red Sox did a few years back to the Yankees after coming back from three games down to win four in a row and proceed to win the World Series.
Think it's in the in-game thread but it's been brought up that not only the Red Sox coming back from 0-3 but the Bruins in 2010 letting the Flyers come back down 0-3. Something about that city. That said, hope the Heat win for my future.

Think it's in the in-game thread but it's been brought up that not only the Red Sox coming back from 0-3 but the Bruins in 2010 letting the Flyers come back down 0-3. Something about that city. That said, hope the Heat win for my future.
Oh nice, crazy, had no idea about the Flyers and Bruins. This will be insane if this plays out. I can't imagine how loud the arena will be in game seven at Boston. Oh my.

Reactions: KJ
Oh nice, crazy, had no idea about the Flyers and Bruins. This will be insane if this plays out. I can't imagine how loud the arena will be in game seven at Boston. Oh my.
Difference is Red Sox failure and Bruins failure made those much more dramatic than the Celtics with the rich history they have. Still just a lot to digest there though.

I'm sure we all just watched one of the most epic endings of an NBA playoff game. That was simply unreal to watch unfold. The ending in game six may have just taken the wind out of the Heats sails. That loss will likely sit on them hard and will take time, being that close to the Finals and just have it ripped away is savage.

I'm sure we all just watched one of the most epic endings of an NBA playoff game. That was simply unreal to watch unfold. The ending in game six may have just taken the wind out of the Heats sails. That loss will likely sit on them hard and will take time, being that close to the Finals and just have it ripped away is savage.
Pure insanity

-325 g7 with a +130 futures line means the Celtics will be around a -130 favorite to beat the fuggets
Home court should be significant but not really the case with this team

I simply think the Nuggets are better in virtually every facet and getting them as dogs will be a gift

Home court should be significant but not really the case with this team

I simply think the Nuggets are better in virtually every facet and getting them as dogs will be a gift

Nuggets will be much easier to guard scheme wise than the Heat. Can Murray make the luck box shots vs real wing defenders? I think this break will lead to a slow start in g1. 2 days off for Celtics would be perfect. Not assuming they win though. Hedging my +230 series bet for at least the risk

Reactions: KJ
Nuggets will be much easier to guard scheme wise than the Heat. Can Murray make the luck box shots vs real wing defenders? I think this break will lead to a slow start in g1. 2 days off for Celtics would be perfect. Not assuming they win though. Hedging my +230 series bet for at least the risk
Murray will be the best player on the floor bar none

Miss Tatum and Joker will do what they do, Jaylen Brown is a non-factor for me. Rather have Porter Jr than him

Murray will be the best player on the floor bar none

Miss Tatum and Joker will do what they do, Jaylen Brown is a non-factor for me. Rather have Porter Jr than him

Interesting matchup considering Porter can’t guard anyone but he’s a superior shooter. I think White can limit Murray and C’s can switch everything.

Interesting matchup considering Porter can’t guard anyone but he’s a superior shooter. I think White can limit Murray and C’s can switch everything.
Well if that series comes down to Erin Gordon the Celtics will win

Don't think it goes there though. Not even sure how White is on defense, he can check Murray? Seriously? Think it takes elite defense to keep him under 25 points on a given night, not sure he's that.

Well if that series comes down to Erin Gordon the Celtics will win

Don't think it goes there though. Not even sure how White is on defense, he can check Murray? Seriously? Think it takes elite defense to keep him under 25 points on a given night, not sure he's that.

Switching with length is the key. Can Gordon keep making shots? That will be a big key.

The East has been the tougher conference, West is full of pretenders.

If Boston advances they win it all.

As ugly as they have looked during this playoff run, Denver is no chance of beating them 4 times out of 7.

As ugly as they have looked during this playoff run, Denver is no chance of beating them 4 times out of 7.

Not sure I agree with this take. Denver has looked to be the best all-around team in the playoffs so far, and it’s not even close.

And with regards to Malone, maybe that would be a factor, but he has Joe Mazulla standing 60 feet away from him, so does that really matter?

Thank you for making me laugh as I wake up for the evening flight of life.

The East is pure shit, it's pillow basketball. Boston would be the worst champion in my 48 years of life and I can't even think of a close 2nd. Bunch of pussy on that team.

Thank you for making me laugh as I wake up for the evening flight of life.

The East is pure shit, it's pillow basketball. Boston would be the worst champion in my 48 years of life and I can't even think of a close 2nd. Bunch of pussy on that team.

Your hot takes crack me up man.

Back