• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] First we'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we have experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Divisional Round What Are We Learning

Wanted to look at the kickers this week b/c they often come into play in tight games and playoffs. Today's games were won by the two teams with an edge in kicking. McPherson and Gould came through. Of course it was not the reason Tenny and GB were in the position to lose, but both kickers brought their teams the win in last seconds.

I judged the Rams with kicking edge tomorrow and no edge in the nightcap

Both teams today shouldn't have won but they did, that is why football is more roulette than anything else.

Funny shaped ball takes funny bounces.

Deebo and kittle looked like they were hurt at the end of the game. Anyone know their status?

Wanted to look at the kickers this week b/c they often come into play in tight games and playoffs. Today's games were won by the two teams with an edge in kicking. McPherson and Gould came through. Of course it was not the reason Tenny and GB were in the position to lose, but both kickers brought their teams the win in last seconds.

I judged the Rams with kicking edge tomorrow and no edge in the nightcap
It would be justice for Yag if he drilled the game winner after Arians dumped him. I think the rams could surprise some people today.

Those were two good games yesterday, I hope today's match that.

And the above tweet is why I do not take any of this run for granted in KC. This league is funny. For the Brady’s and Montana’s and Mahomes there’s Marino and Rodgers.

With a loss today he’s more in the ladder

Agree he would be trending that way. Rodgers won his super bowl in his first couple of years too. Then was a great QB every year but never won the big one again.

I don’t think that’s in store for mahomes but I don’t want to count my chickens yet

Agree he would be trending that way. Rodgers won his super bowl in his first couple of years too. Then was a great QB every year but never won the big one again.

I don’t think that’s in store for mahomes but I don’t want to count my chickens yet

Agree. So early he will likely be in the first but you have to get ‘em while you can!

All coaching and qb turnovers in that one. Picked a bad game to have one of their worst in the season.

What were they even doing on that last drive? Either run the clock out and go to ot or fuckinb try to get into fg range, they really half assed it and look what it got them!! I mean seriously that pass wasn’t gonna put them into range and they already wasted so much time. I didn’t understand their play calling at all the last 2 drives really, when you consider how cute they tried being on 3rd and 1 then doing that shit trying to pull guys and shit on 4th and 1., the d handed them the game to win and Vrabel was just as bad his garbage qb.

Debo is the best player in the league!!! And one tough son of a bitch! I hope he healthy enough to continue being the impact guy the niners have to have him be!!

And the above tweet is why I do not take any of this run for granted in KC. This league is funny. For the Brady’s and Montana’s and Mahomes there’s Marino and Rodgers.
Hang on now, Mahomes isn’t on the same side of the ledger as Brady and Montana. He’s got more to go with a Super Bowl loss already. He gets to a SB and loses again he’ll be closer to Jim Kelly than Rodgers.

I’m not even a Mahomes fanboy. Mathieu is my fav Chief. But if he wins today it’s 4 championship games, all at home, in his first 4 years. How am I having to delay judgment on him.

I’m not even a Mahomes fanboy. Mathieu is my fav Chief. But if he wins today it’s 4 championship games, all at home, in his first 4 years. How am I having to delay judgment on him.

Kelly went to 4 SB’s in a row and he not mentioned with those other greats, doesn’t he have to win them before he gets mentioned w Brady and Montana?

What will be interesting to see is how he plays 5 years from now. Years will presumably slow him down. How will he do in the pocket in the long run? I have no idea

Kelly went to 4 SB’s in a row and he not mentioned with those other greats, doesn’t he have to win them before he gets mentioned w Brady and Montana?

again. First four seasons. Not middle of career. First four seasons. We are normalizing a freak beginning to a career. I’m good on this conversation. At a college bball game

What will be interesting to see is how he plays 5 years from now. Years will presumably slow him down. How will he do in the pocket in the long run? I have no idea

Will they be able to continue surrounding him with great players once that contract jacks him up to 45-50 mil a season? I don’t understand how the cap works well enough to know the answer. Seems like some teams always find money for players while other teams in cap hell without any good players! Lol, like how is giants cap situation so bad? They have like half a good player!!

again. First four seasons. Not middle of career. First four seasons. We are normalizing a freak beginning to a career. I’m good on this conversation. At a college bball game

I really don’t understand why that matters? It just points to him being put into a much greater situation than most those guys who’s teams had to be built around them.

Funny to hear that. He’s like the kid who keeps getting picked on but has the nice car with a hot chick

I usually defend him but he was awful yesterday, I know conditions were terrible but you can’t make some them throws he got away with, they were equally as bad as tannehill picks.

Coaches who can't simplify are coaches who don't move on. I'll belabor the need to run QB sneaks until I die. It's so dumb running a shotgun offense when you need a 1/2 yard. And I have no one to blame but myself for hitching a wagon to Tannehill. That 2nd pick on the goal line was especially abysmal.

I've never seen a FG blocked with someone's chest, not extended or anything. The punt block was an outreached hand that could have gone either way but credit the Niner player. The blocked FG was as bad as it gets.

Coaches who can't simplify are coaches who don't move on. I'll belabor the need to run QB sneaks until I die. It's so dumb running a shotgun offense when you need a 1/2 yard. And I have no one to blame but myself for hitching a wagon to Tannehill. That 2nd pick on the goal line was especially abysmal.

I've never seen a FG blocked with someone's chest, not extended or anything. The punt block was an outreached hand that could have gone either way but credit the Niner player. The blocked FG was as bad as it gets.

It was a great play by defender to tip it and pick it but how doesn’t he see him? Staring right at the guy! I feel same, my own fault for putting so much emphasis on line play and not qb in that game but you spot on, no fucking clue why they didn’t simply sneak it on that second to last drive when they could have put game away!! It who they are, if anyone would actually do right thing and sneak it I would have thought it be them! Just redic the way they played/called offense on last 2 drives with game in their hands!

Just remember. Not unreasonable to think it will happen again.

View attachment 61518

I think Jimmy way better that Foles. As I said I defend him a lot,, there no defense for some the throws he made yesterday, or how he played in 2nd half in Dallas, he always been excellent when they trailing or late when they need him to come up big. It when they have a chance to put a game away or early usually when he makes them awful decisions. He a gamer but he has to be smarter under pressure than he was yesterday.

No doubt you think Mahomes has plenty of championships in him but then you look at Rodgers and realize nothing is guaranteed even with a hall of fame QB.

If Rodgers leaves what is the preseason win total for Green Bay? I am guessing it would be 6 or 7 and I would be on the under. Hope he sticks around but I would probably run as fast as I can to get away from Lafleur.

If Rodgers leaves what is the preseason win total for Green Bay? I am guessing it would be 6 or 7 and I would be on the under. Hope he sticks around but I would probably run as fast as I can to get away from Lafleur.
All year it sounded like Rodgers was in his last year to me. I truly believe he thought they were winning the SB and he would ride off like Elway into retirement.

After Dillon got hurt they basically had 2 guys on the field niners had to worry bout. I know he gets a solid oline in gb but he has to look around and be really jelly of the weapons some these others guys get to work with!!! I can’t see them signing adams, especially if Rodgers leaves so Love at qb a few good backs and no wrs, I’d say 6-7 wins feels right only cause they get to play 6 games against the other trash in north.

So my mom is a bears fan, my brother married into packers family from wiscy so he a packers fan and always gives her shit, I told her last night to tell him this “for as much shit he gives her packers have won exactly 1 more SB than bears in our lifetimes!”, that sad when you think bout pack having 2 HOF qbs and that crap bears have had at qb my whole life!!

Back