• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Congratulations Tennessee Vols

wiseplayer

I just don’t see how this very talented team doesn’t get in. TCU shitting the bed vs Baylor. Michigan struggling vs Illinois in a classic look ahead.
If I’m the BCS, I’m lining up Gorga vs USC/Clemson or who knows UNC. Other semi will be Tennessee vs winner of OSU-Michigan.
Most compelling or should I say competitive Finals would be a rematch between the Dawgs & Vols.
Anything else will line us up for some snoozers.

I'm continually surprised some people need to dream up different matchups to make the sport more interesting for them

You are so stuck on pretend games in January that you are missing the whole point. Michigan struggling with Illinois made for an awesome game! I'm glad the supposed top teams don't just come out and pound their opponents every week so they can qualify for a make-believe bracket thing. Tennessee losing was absolutely fantastic! TCU's win was great! The unexpecteness and the drama of it all is what makes it so good, not cherry picking the prettiest teams to play eachother later.

I'm continually surprised some people need to dream up different matchups to make the sport more interesting for them

You are so stuck on pretend games in January that you are missing the whole point. Michigan struggling with Illinois made for an awesome game! I'm glad the supposed top teams don't just come out and pound their opponents every week so they can qualify for a make-believe bracket thing. Tennessee losing was absolutely fantastic! TCU's win was great! The unexpecteness and the drama of it all is what makes it so good, not cherry picking the prettiest teams to play eachother later.
i'd agree with that, but south carolina is donkey sh!t..........to where I usually feel like those top teams lose games against competent teams, this year it feels like it's just bad football and it'd be more exciting if the top teams actually showed they were legit. BTW congrats to shane beamer for building a reputation of being horrible the whole year and then showing up 1 or 2 times at night games at the end when he feels disrespected, I wouldn't want that if I'm south carolina.

Ohio state and michigan ? Compare these team to last time they met in 2006, I think they are just not as good......and those teams got obliterated by florida and usc in the bowl game.

Georgia is worse then last year.......they just have to be losing so many guys........and they are head and shoulders the best team ?

South Carolina is not good team for sure. But that is what I love, the surprise of it all. I know we are trying to win on predictable outcomes, but I love the unpredictability of the upsets.

100% agree about the 2006 comparison on Ohio State and Michigan. I would call them both very good teams, not great teams this year. Never-the-less their game next week will be phenomenal I'm sure. I'm also quite sure the loser of that game doesn't deserve any consideration for some kind of national title opportunity either this year or in fairy tale land.

Georgia has beat the most good teams probably, so whether they dominate them all or not, they are still the best. For now....to be continued! haha

Im stuck on reality. Michigan struggling vs Illinois only shows they’re light tears behind Gorga. The BCS will only be competitive when these weak ass teams play against each other before they get their ass whopping.
Tennessee losing as well as thei QB going down just ended the season of any hope there could be an upset.

Im stuck on reality. Michigan struggling vs Illinois only shows they’re light tears behind Gorga. The BCS will only be competitive when these weak ass teams play against each other before they get their ass whopping.
Tennessee losing as well as thei QB going down just ended the season of any hope there could be an upset.
What did Georgia struggling vs Mizzou show?

Georgia vs winner of UM/OSU in one game would be plenty

This setup is really not exciting and the new setup will be 20x worse

But the ego of CFB and how important it is on human life reigns supreeme.

If TCU wins out, let a committee choose between the big 10 winner and them. Obviously the b10 winner would get the nod but if anyone loses sleep over it they have bigger issues. It's still an academic sport as much as we wish it was just commercial.

:tiphat:

Gamecocks have been anemic on offense all season and Satterfield has had his head called for going on weeks now. Supposedly he was not the one game planning and calling the plays on O which led to the shift in outcome. SC is not a good team but some positives can be drawn from the wins. Beating Kentucky after all the shit talking going back and forth and SC on a 6 year losing streak is a great win. Florida losing to Vandy the week after beating SC shows you how bad the conference as a whole is. Tenn expected a let down game and that is what they got.

Wise the BCS doesn't even exist anymore and hasn't for years

We can debate whether it should though. Don't need anything but 2-3 teams this year and I'm good with everyone that votes Georgia.

Cool thing is it's basketball season and World Cup season, this garbage is almost over

Live in the moment is what I would say. It's awesome! 50-60 games every week with all kinds of excitement and drama! Live in the moment, not everything needs to be boiled down to who's the best or who should be compete with the best all the time. Harbaugh said that yesterday's win was "maybe the best ever". Some hyperbole I'm sure, but point is, he is living in the moment. He could be all like 'we have a lot to improve on', 'we didn't play our best' - he enjoys a hard fought game that they figured out a way to win. We should all find ways to pull enjoyment out of these games. When I read your posts I just don't see someone who is enjoying the football.

My point related to post season championships, don't include more "weak ass teams" in the playoff!

And there is no more BCS

Georgia v TCU in the Sugar and USC v winner of Ohio/Mich in the Rose would make an awesome day The votes will be correct

Last edited:
The same people complaining about XYX thing in 2022 are the same people who were complaining about XYZ thing (or some derivative thereof) in 2006 and will be the same people complaining whatever thing in 2032. If we even still have cfb at that point.

I can't imagine watching that mich/illinois game yesterday and whipping out the 2006 rosters and romanticizing about how life used to be. Like why would this totally arbitrary comparison even be running through one's mind? LOL. Couldn't you just...I dunno...enjoy the moment and the drama and the hard fought game thats being played out in front of your eyes?

I do think the level of play is down a bit this year but that hasn't changed the entertainment factor or the competitiveness. Pretty much every weekend has had wildly dramatic moments and upsets and close calls. Yesterday was a blast from noon to 2am with games and outcomes that mattered.

The psychology of cfb fans is so interesting. This is the only sport where this very strange brand of entitlement exists. Where we feel the cfb gods owe us this dream scenario of personal fulfillment. It's like chasing that perfect high or building the perfect physique or marrying the world's most beautiful girl. You're better off chasing a ghost. It's never going to happen so just try and enjoy what's on your plate before the long football-less winter comes, and years from now when greed renders the sport unrecognizable. You'll be wishing you could see Graham Mertz and Spencer Petras take just *one more snap* haha.

even if you really really love basketball and soccer ,that seems unnecessarily harsh! college football is never garbage is it?
Its the 1 sport that cheats its fans the most because 99% of the regular season games are meaningless. Meaningless Bowl games are the highlight of the regular season.

I don't mind it, might only be 1 SEC team in this year. You want Bama in every year?

Beanie Wells says hold my beer
Pittman was the starter that year. Beanie's role wasn't really that big and not up until the very end.

The 2022 squad is way more talented especially at OL and on defense.

That OL was really really bad and it showed against UF.

:clapping2:

Pittman was the starter that year. Beanie's role wasn't really that big and not up until the very end.

The 2022 squad is way more talented especially at OL and on defense.

That OL was really really bad and it showed against UF.

Exactly. Beanie killed Michigan...that's what I remember...and Tressel literally changed the offense for that 1 game having Troy go 4-5 wide a shit ton.

Its the 1 sport that cheats its fans the most because 99% of the regular season games are meaningless. Meaningless Bowl games are the highlight of the regular season.

We are both on this site, so I know we have something in common, but when I see you say this I could not disagree more. I don't feel cheated in the least I feel very very very satisfied. The games are not meaningless, they are extremely meaningful! You probably don't know how I could feel that way and I don't know how you can feel the way you do.

The same people complaining about XYX thing in 2022 are the same people who were complaining about XYZ thing (or some derivative thereof) in 2006 and will be the same people complaining whatever thing in 2032. If we even still have cfb at that point.

I can't imagine watching that mich/illinois game yesterday and whipping out the 2006 rosters and romanticizing about how life used to be. Like why would this totally arbitrary comparison even be running through one's mind? LOL. Couldn't you just...I dunno...enjoy the moment and the drama and the hard fought game thats being played out in front of your eyes?

I do think the level of play is down a bit this year but that hasn't changed the entertainment factor or the competitiveness. Pretty much every weekend has had wildly dramatic moments and upsets and close calls. Yesterday was a blast from noon to 2am with games and outcomes that mattered.

The psychology of cfb fans is so interesting. This is the only sport where this very strange brand of entitlement exists. Where we feel the cfb gods owe us this dream scenario of personal fulfillment. It's like chasing that perfect high or building the perfect physique or marrying the world's most beautiful girl. You're better off chasing a ghost. It's never going to happen so just try and enjoy what's on your plate before the long football-less winter comes, and years from now when greed renders the sport unrecognizable. You'll be wishing you could see Graham Mertz and Spencer Petras take just *one more snap* haha.
Or find the stories.

Tulane being 9-2 is certainly one of them.
No disrespect to @Teapot9, but if Kansas State wins next week, Green Wave will have an OTR victory vs a team playing for the B12 title, and maybe even the B12 champions.

Lotta complaining around these parts

I cant wait to see all the SEC haters begging for the days when only 2 teams made the playoffs. When it goes to 12 the on the field results will really matter. Teams cant warm up for 10 weeks to play their 1 or 2 actual games before the playoffs. People will bitch regardless. Adapt an overcome or watch from the sidelines. These may be the greatest days remaining. NIL ruined it! A&M may never lose again. Oh wait. My bad still asleep. Crazy dream.

We are both on this site, so I know we have something in common, but when I see you say this I could not disagree more. I don't feel cheated in the least I feel very very very satisfied. The games are not meaningless, they are extremely meaningful! You probably don't know how I could feel that way and I don't know how you can feel the way you do.
Im being generous when i say 8 teams are fighting for 4 spots for an entire regular season. This isn’t compelling to me. Games like Ohio St vs Michigan next week is what this sport needs more of on a weekly basis.

I think the transfer portal and NIL are creating exactly what it was intended to, and that is parity. A 12 team playoff will only increase it. I don't know whether it's good, bad or neutral, but Alabama, UGA, and Ohio St aren't going to be able to horde talent like they have the last few years. Those three will always hover at the top of the recruiting rankings because they care so much about the sport, but elite players are going to be spread out more, and with the free transfer, more talent will find other opportunities. This is one of the weakest years I've seen in my life, and I think it will continue. And weak may be the wrong term, but the days of 2001 Miami, 2019 LSU and 2020 Alabama will be more of an anomaly than a regular occurrence. It's probably better for the overall health of the sport to have more teams with a legit chance to at least play meaningful postseason games, but it will come at the cost of the most meaningful regular season. Though, having more teams alive in November is probably a good thing. People will bitch that Alabama/UGA/Ohio St now have more do-overs, and while that's true, it will also mean that 20 more teams have something to play for late in the year.

Feels like I've seen some incredible teams but 2003 Ohio State/Miami was the best collection I've seen and it's 20 years later
And at the time people thought that osu team sucked and were unworthy of gracing their eyeballs in the title game.

As I said, cfb fans are wildly entitled and like to complain haha.

• Love
Reactions: KJ
And at the time people thought that osu team sucked and were unworthy of gracing their eyeballs in the title game.

As I said, cfb fans are wildly entitled and like to complain haha.

I was just going to say the same thing. The 2002 Ohio State team is one of my favorite teams of all time because of all the close calls they navigated and then won as a DD dog against the mighty mighty Hurricanes! Georgia was the hot shit team that year that got left out with one loss

I think the transfer portal and NIL are creating exactly what it was intended to, and that is parity. A 12 team playoff will only increase it. I don't know whether it's good, bad or neutral, but Alabama, UGA, and Ohio St aren't going to be able to horde talent like they have the last few years. Those three will always hover at the top of the recruiting rankings because they care so much about the sport, but elite players are going to be spread out more, and with the free transfer, more talent will find other opportunities. This is one of the weakest years I've seen in my life, and I think it will continue. And weak may be the wrong term, but the days of 2001 Miami, 2019 LSU and 2020 Alabama will be more of an anomaly than a regular occurrence. It's probably better for the overall health of the sport to have more teams with a legit chance to at least play meaningful postseason games, but it will come at the cost of the most meaningful regular season. Though, having more teams alive in November is probably a good thing. People will bitch that Alabama/UGA/Ohio St now have more do-overs, and while that's true, it will also mean that 20 more teams have something to play for late in the year.

The transfer portal is hurting some of the mid-pack teams. I posted about it several weeks ago where I listed many G5 teams and lower tier P5 teams who had their talented players leave for greener grass and the negative impact it had on their former team.

I just don't think anyone needs to create more to play for. It is about earning the right to have that opportunity, not rewarding those who already proved they weren't good enough.

:tiphat:

Gamecocks have been anemic on offense all season and Satterfield has had his head called for going on weeks now. Supposedly he was not the one game planning and calling the plays on O which led to the shift in outcome. SC is not a good team but some positives can be drawn from the wins. Beating Kentucky after all the shit talking going back and forth and SC on a 6 year losing streak is a great win. Florida losing to Vandy the week after beating SC shows you how bad the conference as a whole is. Tenn expected a let down game and that is what they got.
The absence of Banks and the story behind it were probably bigger factors than the play-calling.

Live in the moment is what I would say. It's awesome! 50-60 games every week with all kinds of excitement and drama! Live in the moment, not everything needs to be boiled down to who's the best or who should be compete with the best all the time. Harbaugh said that yesterday's win was "maybe the best ever". Some hyperbole I'm sure, but point is, he is living in the moment. He could be all like 'we have a lot to improve on', 'we didn't play our best' - he enjoys a hard fought game that they figured out a way to win. We should all find ways to pull enjoyment out of these games.
So many great moments every Saturday. Why replace that with a focus on just three games at the end? Every game a championship!

The transfer portal is hurting some of the mid-pack teams. I posted about it several weeks ago where I listed many G5 teams and lower tier P5 teams who had their talented players leave for greener grass and the negative impact it had on their former team.

I just don't think anyone needs to create more to play for. It is about earning the right to have that opportunity, not rewarding those who already proved they weren't good enough.
It helps mid pack teams too. Guys like Trey Palmer at Nebraska found a place. Tulane has a WR that left town for Notre Dame(don’t blame him) and came home.

It helps mid pack teams too. Guys like Trey Palmer at Nebraska found a place. Tulane has a WR that left town for Notre Dame(don’t blame him) and came home.

You are right, it certainly can and does. The examples I used where when Wyoming lost WR Isaiah Neyor (44-878-12TD 2021) left for Texas (hurt in fall camp), Wyoming RB Xazavian VAlladay 1070 rush yards left for Arizona St, UNLV Jacoby Windmom #1 tklr, #1 sacks left for Michigan St, Nevada #1 tklr, #1 INT LB Daiyon Henley left for Washington State, Hawaii #1 tklr, #1 sacks Darius Muasau left for UCLA, San Diego St All-MWC OL Chris Martinez left for Arizona St. That is just one conference, but for these teams, they discover and develop these talented players and it leaves a big hole when they unexpectedly leave which takes time to recover from. There are winners and losers just like everything else in life. The transfer portal is the same way, it's not just win-win across the board.

Hearing other reports today that a lot of the nil guys will want to shut things down/get theirs with nothing to play for.

That's a trend that will only get worse around the country. These nil deals need stipulations imo.

Back