• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Coaching Carousel Thread

No amount of money could have convinced me to stay if I was in his shoes.

maybe his audition as interim while not impressing UW decision makers also tarnished other schools interest in him? He may not have had good options. But if I were him, I feel like you, I would've looked to leave. But he must love his school.

Does anyone know what other offers Deion Sanders received? What else was he considering?

Jamey Chadwell leaves Coastal Carolina and takes the Liberty job. Decent bump in pay for what seems a lateral football move.
Would take a massive bump in pay to move geographically for me

Always think of Coastal like FAU and FGCU, UCSB, Pepperdine in hoops

Would take a great job to leave those places

His base is a little over a $1million at CC. Lots of incentives so he probably made closer to $2mil thus year.

Reportedly get $4mil a year at Liberty.

Some of these coaches did their former team a diservice in their final game. Troy is just better granted, but for Coastal to be that uncompetitive is embarrassing. Same goes for Freeze at Liberty. One foot out the door and maybe more.

Liberty is one of the most committed programs in the country. They will be better than Coastal. If you want a better job, Liberty is the place to be.

maybe his audition as interim while not impressing UW decision makers also tarnished other schools interest in him? He may not have had good options. But if I were him, I feel like you, I would've looked to leave. But he must love his school.

Does anyone know what other offers Deion Sanders received? What else was he considering?
USF. He asked them for too much commitment. They got scared.

Liberty is one of the most committed programs in the country. They will be better than Coastal. If you want a better job, Liberty is the place to be.
I like Geography, destination makes better sense to me if I'm living well

That was my point

Personally, I'd hate the religious rubbish at Liberty anyway

I like Geography, destination makes better sense to me if I'm living well

That was my point

Personally, I'd hate the religious rubbish at Liberty anyway
You aren't a football coach. They don't care where they live. They want the best job.

This isn't true or Ferentz would have been in the NFL long ago

Not everyone plays that game
Ferentz is not good enough for the NFL. He would be out of coaching and he knows it. A coach knows how good they are and what they want to do. Ferentz likes the challenge of Iowa. It is his baby.

Ferentz is not good enough for the NFL. He would be out of coaching and he knows it. A coach knows how good they are and what they want to do. Ferentz likes the challenge of Iowa. It is his baby.
No, wrong, probably better in the NFL

Some people like comfortable believe it or not

I know what you're saying, I just don't think it's fair to group all coaches into one category. People are different for a reason.

No, wrong, probably better in the NFL

Some people like comfortable believe it or not

I know what you're saying, I just don't think it's fair to group all coaches into one category. People are different for a reason.
No. If he was an NFL coach, he would have gone to the NFL. The best coaches want the toughest jobs. College guys aren't good in NFL and they know it. There is no recruiting in NFL. It is pure coaching and talent assessment.

Kingsbury is a man on fire. He went to the NFL and has done better than anyone expected. He is the kind of coach that succeeds in NFL.

Kingsbury sucks in the NFL!
Kingsbury went from an unqualified NFL coach to winning 11 games with historically the worst organization in the NFL. That is an incredible achievement. You are not going to keep it going in Arizona.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. If he was an NFL coach, he would have gone to the NFL. The best coaches want the toughest jobs. College guys aren't good in NFL and they know it. There is no recruiting in NFL. It is pure coaching and talent assessment.

Kingsbury is a man on fire. He went to the NFL and has done better than anyone expected. He is the kind of coach that succeeds in NFL.
You do know that Ferentz has turned down several NFL offers right?

Not sure you get my point. Some people might have salary or job as an aspiration. Many are also motivated by more than the black and white.

Kingsbury went from an unqualified NFL coach to winning 11 games with historically the worst organization in the NFL. That is an incredible achievement. You are not going to keep it going in Arizona.

He sucks

You do know that Ferentz has turned down several NFL offers right?

Not sure you get my point. Some people might have salary or job as an aspiration. Many are also motivated by more than the black and white.
I did not say he did not get offered jobs. I said he would fail. He knows he would fail. That is why he turned them down.

Cardinals have more 'ships than the Lions

As a fan of the team, I don't know what you think is wrong with the organization since it got passed down, maybe you have some insight I don't?

I can not believe anyone would think that Kliff Kingsbury is a good NFL head coach. He is a loser and so is his QB.

those kids went from Karl Dorrell and Mike Samford Jr to Coach Prime, ain't nothing more of a 180 than that. 2/3 of that room isn't going to be on next year's team

Louisville coach Scott Satterfield to Cincinnati.

North Texas fired Seth Littrell.

I had some pretty good intel a few years back when Louisville came calling for the Brohms that he wasn't going anywhere and stuck with it even though it did come down to the 11th hour but this go around there's been more than enough smoke and chatter (all season long) to indicate you'll see the Brohm's back in Louisville (and announced pretty soon this week).

I had some pretty good intel a few years back when Louisville came calling for the Brohms that he wasn't going anywhere and stuck with it even though it did come down to the 11th hour but this go around there's been more than enough smoke and chatter (all season long) to indicate you'll see the Brohm's back in Louisville (and announced pretty soon this week).
Moving from the Big Ten or SEC to any other conference is very surprising right now. Are they just not happy being in Indiana? Can't imagine the culture being all that different from Louisville.

Moving from the Big Ten or SEC to any other conference is very surprising right now. Are they just not happy being in Indiana? Can't imagine the culture being all that different from Louisville.
Yeah not really a culture thing at all. It's all incredibly deep ties of the family to Louisville (Jeff's dad Oscar is kind of the key here IMO and was a QB at Louisville and high school coach in Louisville). They are pretty much Louisville royalty and from what i can recall from folks close to the situation that the family was torn in 2018 between staying and going back to Louisville where it was Oscar that wants to see the Brohm's at the reigns of that program but Jeff & Greg at that time didn't think it was the right time to go and felt owed more than the short 2 years they'd given Purdue at the time.

I think Jeff's always had this as a destination and to live out a dream for his dad. I think it's a done deal.

“OK, those are all good questions on the Louisville job,” Brohm said. “You know what ... after being at Purdue two years when it came open, that was a tough call. Tough call.

“To be quite honest, through my schooling and how I was raised, I believe in at least trying to do the right thing and having morals and values. It just was too early to leave (Purdue for U of L then). It just wasn’t right.

“You build relationships. People treat you right. The people there have treated me great. You talk to recruits and they asked me things. Just a lot of things went into it."

Okay, okay. Standard stuff. Nothing eyebrow-raising here. He's diplomatically praising Louisville while staying loyal to Purdue.

And then...

“But, obviously, now we’re on year six. I love this town, this area. I’m an alumnus of Louisville. So anything can happen in the future.”
Those were quotes from this past summer......

Reactions: KJ
Press conference from Purdue's AD and Brohm supposedly about the Citrus Bowl here in a few minutes....should be interesting but I'm guessing no light is shared and then a different story is told within a day or 2.

3 pm meeting today.

Deion has hired board favorite Willie Taggart to the staff in a yet to be announced position. All BS aside he's got to be good at something to make it up the ranks like he did but I haven't heard any suggestions. Maybe a couple ounces of Prime will do the trick.

Deion has hired board favorite Willie Taggart to the staff in a yet to be announced position. All BS aside he's got to be good at something to make it up the ranks like he did but I haven't heard any suggestions. Maybe a couple ounces of Prime will do the trick.
Kent St Head Coach Sean Lewis for OC and rumored former Vikings coach Mike Zimmer as DC.

Kent St Head Coach Sean Lewis for OC and rumored former Vikings coach Mike Zimmer as DC.

The Sean Lewis hire is very good I think. Mike Zimmer is a name, although not sure that is as good of a hire as the name implies. If he was interested I could see him being an excellent analyst though. When was the last time he coached college? I could see him being a little too complex and not as well versed in what college Os do now.

The Sean Lewis hire is very good I think. Mike Zimmer is a name, although not sure that is as good of a hire as the name implies. If he was interested I could see him being an excellent analyst though. When was the last time he coached college? I could see him being a little too complex and not as well versed in what college Os do now.

I guess Zimmer has been working in an advisory role at Jsu.

Back