• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Coaching Carousel Thread

I think that's a great fit

Jim Leonhard seems like Fickle lite though. If Wisconsin got to firing Chryst, who wasn't great at all, but once you fire him, I don't think I see the enthusiasm for hire like Fickle. Take a good QB off Cincinnati and they are just a good defense, the same thing Wisconsin always is. I think my point is, that Wisconsin would've been just as good keeping Chryst as they would be with Fickle.

Yes Ohio State fans really like Hartline as a coach and their record with receivers is outstanding

Who was the last really great Wisconsin WR drafted high? Lee Evans?

Yes Ohio State fans really like Hartline as a coach and their record with receivers is outstanding

Who was the last really great Wisconsin WR drafted high? Lee Evans?
This won't be a typical Wisconsin offense.

Hopefully they have patience there. This will be an overhaul.

I have no idea who AU is going to hire. This is the second straight coaching change that turned into disaster for them. Brian Johnson is getting a lot of mentions, but he's currently the WR coach for the Philadelphia Eagles. Would he leave that post immediately? If not, he would still be working the Eagles job well into January with a chance to be coaching into February. Seems less than ideal with the portal opening, early NSD and late NSD all in that window.

I'm hoping to hear soon that Georgia Tech is hiring Bill O'Brien as their head coach

This won't be a typical Wisconsin offense.

Hopefully they have patience there. This will be an overhaul.
In other words they will become as relevant as they should be

Always a top 5 campus in terms of population should do better...like evolve with the game

Obviously Leonhard is gone. Could easily say he had a chance to prove himself and failed, although not sure that is really fair to him, but life isn't fair.

They hire an offensive HC, I think there is a way he says on the staff for that. Hire a defensive HC and it's an insult to him I think.

I have no idea who AU is going to hire. This is the second straight coaching change that turned into disaster for them. Brian Johnson is getting a lot of mentions, but he's currently the WR coach for the Philadelphia Eagles. Would he leave that post immediately? If not, he would still be working the Eagles job well into January with a chance to be coaching into February. Seems less than ideal with the portal opening, early NSD and late NSD all in that window.

I'm hoping to hear soon that Georgia Tech is hiring Bill O'Brien as their head coach
Brian Johnson has told the UteZone writers that he loves the NFL and does not miss recruiting one bit.

He did have a better SEC win than Lane did this year.

Does Lane have a single good SEC win? The backlash from alumni on hiring Freeze apparently means they won’t pursue him. Was anyone else trying to hire Freeze? Not to my knowledge. That should be AU’s first clue. They are a good enough program that they can hire someone that has options. They are a mess. Should probably see if Gus will come back. They’re paying him anyway

He did have a better SEC win than Lane did this year.
I don't know why Freshwater would want to leave Ole Miss anyway. Isn't it right there in the top 5 for best campuses to be on as a wealthy middle aged man? I mean we get it all the time at ASU locally and USC for sure, but part of me has wondered if Oxford might not be better.

Does Lane have a single good SEC win? The backlash from alumni on hiring Freeze apparently means they won’t pursue him. Was anyone else trying to hire Freeze? Not to my knowledge. That should be AU’s first clue. They are a good enough program that they can hire someone that has options. They are a mess. Should probably see if Gus will come back. They’re paying him anyway

Yeah I don't know how serious anyone was about Freeze. I figured after how they started this year without Malik Willis, he'd have alot of interest.

Now yes they STB after Arkansas. Idk maybe there's too much past baggage that a school in the same conference can't overlook?

I don't know why Freshwater would want to leave Ole Miss anyway. Isn't it right there in the top 5 for best campuses to be on as a wealthy middle aged man? I mean we get it all the time at ASU locally and USC for sure, but part of me has wondered if Oxford might not be better.

You're still in the same division as Saban which i think he likes. Not going to Auburn you avoid Georgia every year.

I guess there's worse places to be than Oxford.

Is that a school you can go 8-4 every year and keep your job? With a NYD bowl every now and then. I know you can't at Auburn.

You're still in the same division as Saban which i think he likes. Not going to Auburn you avoid Georgia every year.

I guess there's worse places to be than Oxford.

Is that a school you can go 8-4 every year and keep your job? With a NYD bowl every now and then. I know you can't at Auburn.
Probably, remember I'm from Iowa and the two primary state institutions there are perfectly fine with the scenario you presented. Can't imagine recruiting at SEC schools is considered equal opportunity at all

IMO Freeze has lost his appeal-
Could probably get him, but doubt it would last-
Kind of seemed like this was the one you better get right, after the Harsin disaster-but no such luck- managed to fumblefuck this one as well-
Now they are stuck with a lot of “second choices” unless they can pull a rabbit out of their asses and steal a top coach from somewhere else-
Still a good job, but you’re gonna have to find a hired gun looking for a check because I doubt anyone will last there in the current climate-

We shall see- I’ve definitely been wrong before

Auburn is in a strange position to have all the power in the world but coaches make so much these days that it's probably tough to shed an ounce of your dignity to get paid and have no authority. Seems miserable other than the paycheck.

IMO Freeze has lost his appeal-
Could probably get him, but doubt it would last-
Kind of seemed like this was the one you better get right, after the Harsin disaster-but no such luck- managed to fumblefuck this one as well-
Now they are stuck with a lot of “second choices” unless they can pull a rabbit out of their asses and steal a top coach from somewhere else-
Still a good job, but you’re gonna have to find a hired gun looking for a check because I doubt anyone will last there in the current climate-

We shall see- I’ve definitely been wrong before
I was told by someone who would know a couple months ago that the boosters gave their blessing to hire Freeze. Somewhere along the way they became infatuated with Kiffin, and when he ended up telling them no, they went back to Freeze. I guess they didn't expect the backlash from the alumni, especially the female ones, and also the twitter account that is accusing Freeze of sexual assault and covering up cases at Liberty.

Again, maybe it's just me, but if nobody else is trying to hire a coach, might want to slow down on going after that guy. Especially a place like AU. I know they wanted to hire a coach by tomorrow, so I guess we'll see. Their boards have moved on to the "Dabo Swinney and James Franklin are candidates" portion of the process. Would think they end up with Jeff Grimes or Kevin Steele at this point. Or maybe they stick with Cadillac?

I was told by someone who would know a couple months ago that the boosters gave their blessing to hire Freeze. Somewhere along the way they became infatuated with Kiffin, and when he ended up telling them no, they went back to Freeze. I guess they didn't expect the backlash from the alumni, especially the female ones, and also the twitter account that is accusing Freeze of sexual assault and covering up cases at Liberty.

Again, maybe it's just me, but if nobody else is trying to hire a coach, might want to slow down on going after that guy. Especially a place like AU. I know they wanted to hire a coach by tomorrow, so I guess we'll see. Their boards have moved on to the "Dabo Swinney and James Franklin are candidates" portion of the process. Would think they end up with Jeff Grimes or Kevin Steele at this point. Or maybe they stick with Cadillac?
Kevin Steele can't be a serious candidate.

Auburn is fucking retarded to not hire Freeze in my opinion.

Nebraska I think got the right guy.

I think Freeze is the right coach for Auburn as well. Not sure I care about the inside baseball, but I don't think there is a better hire they could make.

I think Freeze is the right coach for Auburn as well. Not sure I care about the inside baseball, but I don't think there is a better hire they could make.
He's like if AU built a coach in a lab, but I think his off the field transgressions are going to be a problem for the AU fanbase, even if the boosters are ok with it

He's like if AU built a coach in a lab, but I think his off the field transgressions are going to be a problem for the AU fanbase, even if the boosters are ok with it
Sorry but I just don't buy the argument that off field issues would be a problem for any fan base unless the coach was some sort of violent criminal. All that fans care about is winning and there aren't too many fans more desperate at this point than the Auburn fans who have had to watch their biggest rivals dominate the sport while they have been irrelevant.

Funny that people involved at AU manufactured a sex scandal to try to fire Harsin, but now they're trying to hire a guy with multiple scandals to his name already

Back