• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Chris Paul...

and then he disappeared when his team needed him most

10 points total in the 4th quarter of the last 3 games

How much of that was because the facilitator of the offense aka CP3 couldn't run the play.

Chris is a choker, deal with it.

Doc definitely needs to give up the team president duties; not his strong suit. I would keep him as coach.

I would take Chris Paul as my PG any day of the week; anytime it goes a certain way, it's a fuckin' conspiracy or some star player chocked. Get over it. If you bet into a 20 percent situation, home/away, and predictably lost in a Game 7 spot, frickin' deal with it and just walk away. The role players carried the day today...Rockets had it, Clippers didn't. Reddick had 7 TO's for goodness sakes and he hardly handles the ball, yet it was all CP3's fault. Seriously. Barnes didn't even score and looked overwhelmed by the moment and missed his only open looks; a PG can only do so much but he can't will the role players to knock down shots.

Last edited:
And I don't think you'll get much of an argument that Doc had a lot to do with this. Doc is a pretty horrible coach, and possibly an even worse GM.

Doc is a horrible GM; esp when combined with HC duties. That is the root of the Clippers problem. Anyone that thinks the root of the Clippers problems is their PG is just plain nuts (or just lost a bet on the Clippers).

He got out of the 1st round in both 2008 and 2012...if you're going to post, at least have a frickin' clue.

Doc is a horrible GM; esp when combined with HC duties. That is the root of the Clippers problem. Anyone that thinks the root of the Clippers problems is their PG is just plain nuts (or just lost a bet on the Clippers).

I'm not sure anyone thinks CP3 is the root of the Clippers problem (maybe one or two do). It has to mean something that his teams routinely underperform in the playoffs. That's not to say he's the root of the problem though.

Doc is a horrible GM, that's for certain. Honestly though, he's not a really good HC either. He's just not a good X's and O's coach...he's liked by his players, and seemingly gets them to play for him...but he fails miserably in the execution of the game of basketball as a coach.

Doc definitely needs to give up the team president duties; not his strong suit. I would keep him as coach.

I would take Chris Paul as my PG any day of the week; anytime a certain handicapper loses a bet, it's a fuckin' conspiracy against him or some star player chocked. Get over it. You bet into a 20 percent situation, home/away, and predictably lost in a Game 7 spot. Frickin' deal with it and just walk away. The role players carried the day today...Rockets had it, Clippers didn't. Reddick had 7 TO's for goodness sakes and he hardly handles the ball, yet it was all CP3's fault. Seriously. Barnes didn't even score and looked overwhelmed by the moment and missed his only open looks; a PG can only do so much but he can't will the role players to knock down shots.

I take it that's a shot at me.

Rockets won fair and square. Not once did I blame CP3 for my loss, just pointing out that he fails in the big game consistently.

It's always questionable betting the road team in a Game 7, I know but there were other situations at work.

The last time a home dog won and covered a playoff game after winning their previous 2 straight playoff games as a dog was in 2003, prior to today they had lost 11 straight times.

Like I said in my thread, I made a bad read.

Judge CP3 how you will but he's running out of excuses, the Rockets were down 2 starters and one of them was their starting PG. Numerous times tonight Chris got punked by a 50 year-old Argentinian back-up.

If I want to win a 'ship, I'm not taking CP3. Good regular season numbers only get you so far.

The origin of this thread pre-supposes CP3 as the root of the Clippers problems...at least that's how I read it as a CP3 supporter. Maybe I overreacted and hey DD, pretty sure I'm older than you or at least close to your age as I remember laughing heartily at that show you represent in your moniker. Sonny indeed lol.

Doc is good enough to get this team there as long as they get a real GM; I don't think his X's/O's are great either, but his team plays hard for him and respects him About all you can ask for in the league.

The origin of this thread pre-supposes CP3 as the root of the Clippers problems...at least that's how I read it as a CP3 supporter. Maybe I overreacted and hey DD, pretty sure I'm older than you or at least close to your age as I remember laughing heartily at that show you represent in your moniker. Sonny indeed lol.

Doc is good enough to get this team there as long as they get a real GM; I don't think his X's/O's are great either, but his team plays hard for him and respects him About all you can ask for in the league.
all good

I take it that's a shot at me.

Rockets won fair and square. Not once did I blame CP3 for my loss, just pointing out that he fails in the big game consistently.

It's always questionable betting the road team in a Game 7, I know but there were other situations at work.

The last time a home dog won and covered a playoff game after winning their previous 2 straight playoff games as a dog was in 2003, prior to today they had lost 11 straight times.

Like I said in my thread, I made a bad read.

Judge CP3 how you will but he's running out of excuses, the Rockets were down 2 starters and one of them was their starting PG. Numerous times tonight Chris got punked by a 50 year-old Argentinian back-up.

If I want to win a 'ship, I'm not taking CP3. Good regular season numbers only get you so far.

If I got personal, I guess it's because I'm a CP3 supporter. Didn't really mean to though...you post picks here and I don't. Just saying this doesn't all lie at CP3's feet. Clipper bench and role players leave a lot to be desired imo.

If I got personal, I guess it's because I'm a CP3 supporter. Didn't really mean to though...you post picks here and I don't. Just saying this doesn't all lie at CP3's feet. Clipper bench and role players leave a lot to be desired imo.

No worries. I felt the same way about Iverson.

I think Griffin is vastly overrated to begin with, but if a guy has disappeared in the 4th quarter wouldn't it follow that the PG should be doing all that he can to get him involved? I'm NOT blaming Paul for this, I'm just asking a question...it would seem that the PG should be getting a guy involved if he notices that he's "disappearing" in crucial moments of a game.

Griffin's problem, to me, is that he's so worried about flopping all over the place and getting into these little "battles" with other guys on the floor. For a big strong guy, he sure does go down quite easily. I've never seen someone that big hit the deck as often as he does....then he bitches to the refs about not getting calls (when he flopped to begin with), which also seems to take him out of the game.

If the guy was born without a heart and balls what can Paul do about that

Chris Paul played great today and it does not matter what his stat line says.

Guys like Reddick, Barnes and Austin Rivers are the ones who forgot to play basketball today.

If you are mad at Chris Paul for that loss today then you got some serious issues and obviously know very little about the game of basketball.

Guys like Reddick, Barnes and Austin Rivers are the ones who forgot to play basketball today.

Exactly.

I'll say one more thing; the announcers kept saying that CP3 needed to get after Jason Terry on offense; well I thought he did to some degree, but even at this advanced age, JT is no joke. This 'Cat can still play. Yes, over the course of a regular season, he will wear down and disappear at times. In a 7-game series he is quite valuable as a still very athletic/energetic defender that plays with a lot of savvy. Laugh if you must, but despite only having 4 points today, Terry is a valuable player for the Rockets esp with their aforementioned injuries. He'd be the best player off the Clipper bench except for maybe Crawford imo.

Still think it is harsh to call CP3 a chocker. Cavs and Warriors final all but a lock imo.

here is the thing, when u are supposedly the best player and the face of the franchise u are going to get the blame
football the qb gets the blame regardless..
its the way it is..

Clippers are the Detroit Lions of the NBA. Just don't know what it is like to win. Some franchises are just a cesspool of shit and they qualify.

Chris Paul played great today and it does not matter what his stat line says.

If you are mad at Chris Paul for that loss today then you got some serious issues and obviously know very little about the game of basketball.

Let's make it clear, no-one is blaming Chris Paul for the loss. He's a touted player. Sometimes your teammates are not going to produce, in that instance you put them on your back and carry them to the finish line. It's there in black and white that this guy fails in big games. He built the choker tag, it wasn't just given to him today. If you are the marquee player on your team and your team continually shits the bed when it matters, you have to wear a degree of responsibility.

Perennial choker. Period.

Just got schooled by a 50 year-old Prigioni in a Game 7.

:hang:

Let's make it clear, no-one is blaming Chris Paul for the loss. He's a touted player. Sometimes your teammates are not going to produce, in that instance you put them on your back and carry them to the finish line. It's there in black and white that this guy fails in big games. He built the choker tag, it wasn't just given to him today. If you are the marquee player on your team and your team continually shits the bed when it matters, you have to wear a degree of responsibility.
So your first post says he is a Perennial choker. with an emphatic period.. then you ridicule him because a smart nba player (looking to prove everyone wrong) outplayed him over a few minutes....... this to me is you saying all the blame is on him......

Then here it says he has to wear a "degree" of responsibility...... and no one is blaming chris paul for the loss... what exactly are you doing in post 1???

So is he personal y a choker (as you mentioned in post 1) or has the teams he has been on choked? or does he have to wear a degree of responsibility ?

Confused ?? :popcorn:

How much of that was because the facilitator of the offense aka CP3 couldn't run the play.

Chris is a choker, deal with it.

forgot this one to...... certainly reads like you are blaming him for everything and calling him a choker again.....

Failed to edit, good thing you were here to pick it up Cash, lol.

Slot in a 'I'm not entirely' instead of no-one and a 'for tonight's loss' and you'll get what I'm trying to say.

i have heard this statement from many of the "look at me's" on the 4 letter station and other places.....its an easy story,,, grab one guy who is th elader and will stand up for himself and blame him... end of story...

no one wants to dig into the real story of all those teams........ but lets just stick with this team vs the team that beat em.....
I think we have all agreed that doc sucks as a coach and sucks worse as a gm?
We also think mchale sucks as a coach as well.. he has a pretty good gm...
Mchale fell into a pile of dog shit in game 6 when harden was sick and sucked, the bench played great, hard and forced the clippers into bad decisions and yup the doc rivers coach/gm didnt know what to do....
now game 7.,,, catching lighting in a bottle with josh smith (bottle could easily blow up)turns an even matchup into a mismatch and when nchale has to go to the bench its mismatch again in rox favor... nothing mchale did, just dumb luck that fell into mchales lap in game 6 .. and lets try it for game 7.....and it was at home, with momentum and a deeper bench that was playing with lots of confidence.......

Not to many pg's that don't have a good supporting cast can carry a team for 2 - 7 game series.......
anyone name one or two?

I was like in 8th grade or something but I don't remember anyone of value being around AI the year they made the Finals

a ball hog,, had some good supporting players most of the time.. think 1 year it was crap around him...

Had crap around him for years. Made the Finals with a lesser team than the Clippers current roster.

AI had on his team playing major minutes
eric snow- guy couldnt throw it in the ocean
tyrone hill- nice 3rd guy off ur bench
george lynch- nice role play, avg player
Mutombo- great defender

should i go on? the players do not get better

Let's not forget Raja Bell, lol.

Either way this thread is more about Game 6 than Game 7.

every player the clippers have in the rotation is better than what philly put out with AI, well maybe not austin rivers

How about LeBron when he was first in Cleveland and lost in the Finals? Maybe it doesn't count because he's not a PG, but on that team he pretty much did everything, including being the PG.

From the win...

L.A. Lakers 101, Philadelphia 107

<tbody>
</tbody>
June 6, 2001

<colgroup><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

PHILADELPHIA 76ERS
REBOUNDS
PLAYERPOSMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AOFFDEFTOTASTPFSTTOBSPTS
Tyrone HillF401-60-02-2156030314
Jumaine JonesF112-30-10-0000010014
Dikembe MutomboC444-70-05-7511160500513
Allen IversonG5218-413-89-92356053048
Aaron McKieG513-71-12-2257912519
Eric Snow315-100-13-30445205013
Raja Bell192-20-02-2134122106
Matt Geiger145-70-00-00000611010
Todd MacCulloch20-00-00-0000010000
Kevin Ollie10-00-00-0000000000

George LynchDNP

Rodney BufordDNP
TOTAL26540-834-1123-25113142212110198107

(48.2)(36.4)(92.0)Team Rebs: 7

<tbody>
</tbody>

If the guy was born without a heart and balls what can Paul do about that

Oh, JFC, even when I'm trying to agree with you and find common ground you act like a douche. Have fun sucking CP3's dick bro, hopefully your mouth is big enough.

Back