• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

CFP: Alabama vs. Georgia Discussion Thread

I’ll be there, was hoping to meet some SEMCON folks. Appreciate the oddsmakers making us a dog.

I love Georgia in this game and already laid the 2.5

Had Bama big in the first meeting and a lot of rationale was Saban and the way better QB big dogs was insane and UGA due to be hit in the mouth. Well they were and I think that GREATLY benefits them. They won't be caught here. Dean and Kirby already saying they were fixing things during the break between games. The worst thing that could have happened to Alabama was winning the 1st game like they did.

This Bama team isn't that great and I think they played at a 99% level in the first game. You saw the pass protection issues creep back in today vs Cincy and how the loss of Metchie really hurts. Remember Metchie had almost 100 yards in the 1st half of the earlier game vs UGA. I think UGA will get a ton of pressure in this game and they bracket Williams hard. Robinson looked good vs Cincy but look at the Cincy DL in that game. Comical how small they were. Think UGA stuffs the run even with Robinson healthy.

Bennett laying points but I think with the rest of the team UGA has in this spot that it is OK. Cincy did a terrible job today not even bothering to test a depleted secondary. Jobe out and Armour-Davis not able to move is very bad for Bama. UGA has a ton of weapons and should be able to hit some shot plays.

Think above all else too it's just UGA's time. Bama is down. Take out the QB and the talent between these teams isn't even close. UGA has better players. They've been building for this year and the kick in the mouth last game was exactly what they needed. Bama lost to Zach Calzada, could have and should have lost to terrible LSU and Auburn teams. They just aren't that good this year and are now depleted at WR and CB. I think they get blown out.

I’ll be there, was hoping to meet some SEMCON folks. Appreciate the oddsmakers making us a dog.
Gonna have to show up to a CTG meat to meet the best of the best ;)

Yeah woulda been fun I was definitely thinking of going due to free place to stay. Oh well.

GL...as always.

Should add that Bama's LG was ruled out early with an injury and their RT had to be carried off the field late. Only 10 days turnaround so the status of those guys is going to be iffy at best.

Wtf was Saban doing running the ball at the end there? Might have cost him his RT for the most important game of the year.

I couldn't believe Saban had starters in for either of the last two drives. And then running plays when you can let Kneel Down Brown end it was just stupid.

Should add that Bama's LG was ruled out early with an injury and their RT had to be carried off the field late. Only 10 days turnaround so the status of those guys is going to be iffy at best.

Wtf was Saban doing running the ball at the end there? Might have cost him his RT for the most important game of the year.
It was RG Emil Ekioyor, not LG. His family tweeted that he was fine, so we'll see. Owens (RT) did not have a good game, so we'll see what happens. Nothing about UGA scares me as an Alabama fan.

Initial thoughts on matchup is how does UGA score? We know Alabama will score on UGA. Best player on both sides of the ball wear Crimson. Don't see how this is much different than 3 weeks ago. 42-17 Alabama

Initial thoughts on matchup is how does UGA score? We know Alabama will score on UGA. Best player on both sides of the ball wear Crimson. Don't see how this is much different than 3 weeks ago. 42-17 Alabama

Is Metchie out for sure?

Find a way to stop Jameson Williams. (Besides knocking him out on a kick return) He changed the whole first game.

Georgia secondary got issues.
If Alabama's OL performs like they did a month ago in Atlanta, the result will be the same. If UGA can get to Bryce consistently, it's going to be tough for Alabama to score. Will be interesting to see what adjustments both teams make, seeing as they played so recently. Both teams kind of are what they are at this point in the season. Need to keep an eye on Alabama OL injuries. 2 guys left the game without returning last night, but it sounds like they should be good to go on the 10th

If Alabama's OL performs like they did a month ago in Atlanta, the result will be the same. If UGA can get to Bryce consistently, it's going to be tough for Alabama to score. Will be interesting to see what adjustments both teams make, seeing as they played so recently. Both teams kind of are what they are at this point in the season. Need to keep an eye on Alabama OL injuries. 2 guys left the game without returning last night, but it sounds like they should be good to go on the 10th

Easier to get to a statue like Cade McNamara compared to Bryce. Huge difference.

what makes us think kirby is going to adjust scheme wise here ? Georgia abused last year by bama and florida , talking obscene passing stats here, close to 500 per game.

I'd like the take georgia, think they've been more deserving team all year and those teams usually win it

Also would think Kirby gonna change something up and uga has advantage in a rematch with adjustments- but history says it's a bad matchup and same result.. If I'm georgia I'm just doubling williams and blitzing all game. Doesn't feel to me that georgia blitzed aggressively enough last game like they normally do.

Also I'm definately thinking it's a scheme thing, uga has the athletes to hold bama down. This will show how good kirby is, inexcusable to get lit up again.

what makes us think kirby is going to adjust scheme wise here ? Georgia abused last year by bama and florida , talking obscene passing stats here, close to 500 per game.

I'd like the take georgia, think they've been more deserving team all year and those teams usually win it

Also would think Kirby gonna change something up and uga has advantage in a rematch with adjustments- but history says it's a bad matchup and same result.. If I'm georgia I'm just doubling williams and blitzing all game. Doesn't feel to me that georgia blitzed aggressively enough last game like they normally do.

Also I'm definately thinking it's a scheme thing, uga has the athletes to hold bama down. This will show how good kirby is, inexcusable to get lit up again.
Agree. You have to double Williamson and try to make him a non-factor. Make them drive the length of the field and eliminate big plays. I liked how UGA had quick passes and 1 reads for Stetson against UM. It was a good balanced game plan. There really is no reason Kirby loses this game now, this is the best UGA team in some time and with all of the injuries one of the least dominant for Bama over the past ten years.

Biggest thing for Bama is this line. Plays right into Saban's hands.

I can just hear him in team meetings: "Can you believe this guys? We destroyed that team the first time around, in what was a home game for them. And these "experts" in Las Vegas, or whatever you want to call them, still think that Georgia is better than us?"

Talent and depth favor Georgia. Metchie being out is a huge blow as the Dawgs secondary is average in spots.

With that being said Saban vs Kirby, Bryce vs Stetson almost nullifies the sizable talent gaps that I see with these 2 rosters.
Sums up my thoughts exactly and why I’m not touching this spread

Alabama has the best player on both sides of the ball, though I would favor UGA's depth overall. Alabama's strength on offense matches up with UGA's weakness on defense, and UGA's strength on offense matches up with Alabama's strength on defense. It is imperative for UGA to get pressure on Bryce. Not sure why they couldn't do it last time, but Kirby's coaching style has always been to play things pretty simple scheme-wise and let your team's overwhelming talent edge be the difference. It may work better this time around. If Alabama can figure out how to cover Bowers, I don't see UGA scoring much at all. Should be a pretty good game I'd think

Can't ever remember a game where I've waffled so much, back and forth. Instinct is to want and take action but definitely just going to watch the 1H and see what transpires.

Nationwide media is apathetic about this game with "fatigue" being used in about every 4th sentence.

I cannot wait for this game to be played and am excited as hell about it.

I can totally get people don’t want to see it again and yada yada…

As a football fan, a college football FAN. I wanna see UGA get another crack at em. I think it’s gonna be a really good one

Anyone know this guy’s record? I know he bets on most of the big games.

Anyone know this guy’s record? I know he bets on most of the big games.
I know one bet he lost recently. Go Braves!

What section are your seats? Prices are falling a decent bit which is to be expected.

What section are your seats? Prices are falling a decent bit which is to be expected.
Not sure, they aren't my seats. I think we'll be lower level in the Alabama section. The weather forecast is no doubt keeping a lot of folks home. We aren't built for that down here. Thank god the game is in a dome.

Can tell I wrote that comment late into NYE, lol. I do think the Alabama defense will be a huge factor, but not seeing that score this time around

I love Georgia in this game and already laid the 2.5

Had Bama big in the first meeting and a lot of rationale was Saban and the way better QB big dogs was insane and UGA due to be hit in the mouth. Well they were and I think that GREATLY benefits them. They won't be caught here. Dean and Kirby already saying they were fixing things during the break between games. The worst thing that could have happened to Alabama was winning the 1st game like they did.

This Bama team isn't that great and I think they played at a 99% level in the first game. You saw the pass protection issues creep back in today vs Cincy and how the loss of Metchie really hurts. Remember Metchie had almost 100 yards in the 1st half of the earlier game vs UGA. I think UGA will get a ton of pressure in this game and they bracket Williams hard. Robinson looked good vs Cincy but look at the Cincy DL in that game. Comical how small they were. Think UGA stuffs the run even with Robinson healthy.

Bennett laying points but I think with the rest of the team UGA has in this spot that it is OK. Cincy did a terrible job today not even bothering to test a depleted secondary. Jobe out and Armour-Davis not able to move is very bad for Bama. UGA has a ton of weapons and should be able to hit some shot plays.

Think above all else too it's just UGA's time. Bama is down. Take out the QB and the talent between these teams isn't even close. UGA has better players. They've been building for this year and the kick in the mouth last game was exactly what they needed. Bama lost to Zach Calzada, could have and should have lost to terrible LSU and Auburn teams. They just aren't that good this year and are now depleted at WR and CB. I think they get blown out.
game is all about the qb

think this might end up looking like the SB to me with amount of props i play opposed to trying to pick a side (shocking i know).. think i want a lot of uga passing game just cause the numbers seem low to me, bennett gonna have to go over 249.5 if uga gonna compete so like that and several his guys. not so sure on young's lofty number but really believe uga will get a lot more pressure this go around so think i want some of the real low totals on bama te's and robinson jr receiving yards. none of them has a total higher than 20.5 receiving (robinson) while the te's are only 14.5 and 16.5 respectively. if im obrien. that would be my counter to expecting more pressure and williams to get more attention, hit those te's in the blitzing voids and check down to robinson where he will have a better chance in space than trying to run into the brick wall up front where lb's be filling gaps hard.,

Last edited:
I can totally get people don’t want to see it again and yada yada…

As a football fan, a college football FAN. I wanna see UGA get another crack at em. I think it’s gonna be a really good one

ill just never like the idea a team can somehow win the natty without winning their own damn conf, regardless of conf or how many fucking teams sec wants to add!! nothing against these 2, clearly they been the best 2 teams. i believe this prob played a part in the 1st meeting tho, obviously bama had way more incentive to empty the clip in the sec champ game, so this time you would think gives uga a edge, just dunno if kirby is good enough to take adv?

Back