• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

CFL Syndicate 2022

1* BC Lions -7 -105

This late in the season I should be limiting my plays but naturally I'm doing the opposite. This game opened at 9.5 and I can't understand for the life of me who is betting it down. Ottawa has nothing to play for, having been eliminated from the playoffs last week. Even in that must win game they got shit-canned by Toronto and I don't see them bringing any more effort here, on a road trip 3 timezones away and playing at 10:30pm eastern. Whoever starts at QB is a bad option. They might even throw their 3rd stringer in to see what they have. They will be without 2 starting OL. Nate Behar also out. Sherrod Baltimore ditto. They might struggle to score 15 against a good BC defense.

I made this line 9.5 and I think laying 7 offers some value. This game has more chance of being a blowout than a nail biter IMO.

After Saturday I think there is a huge response, and the offense may only need low 20s to get this spread win

Defense is such a big mismatch on ottawas offense

Playoff scenarios to factor into our handicapping

In the west, Winnipeg is all but assured 1st place so the road to the cup goes through the peg. Toronto ditto in the East. Montreal could possibly catch them but I don't see it happening.

BC and Calgary are battling it out for 2nd in the west and a home playoff game. BC has the tie-breaker and a game in hand but they do also have to play Winnipeg twice. Although the bombers might not care by that point.

Sask is basically fighting for the crossover vs Hamilton. They are 2 games up on the cats but Hamilton only needs to tie them in the standings to take the final playoff spot. This week sask isn't likely to gain any ground as they visit winnipeg and then next week they travel to Hamilton which will likely decide who is in the driver's seat. If the cats win they are in a good position as they finish the year with 2 games vs Ottawa while Sask finishes with 2 vs Calgary who will still likely be fighting at that point.

Last edited:
Bringing the entire week 17 card onto this page...

1* Edmonton +4 -110 - now 3.5
1* OTT / BC under 48.5 -110 - now 46.5
1* Saskatchewan +9 -110 - now 7
0.5* Winnipeg TT under 29.5 -120
1* BC Lions -7 -105
- now 5.5 I don't get this. May add.

1* BC Lions -7 -105

This late in the season I should be limiting my plays but naturally I'm doing the opposite. This game opened at 9.5 and I can't understand for the life of me who is betting it down. Ottawa has nothing to play for, having been eliminated from the playoffs last week. Even in that must win game they got shit-canned by Toronto and I don't see them bringing any more effort here, on a road trip 3 timezones away and playing at 10:30pm eastern. Whoever starts at QB is a bad option. They might even throw their 3rd stringer in to see what they have. They will be without 2 starting OL. Nate Behar also out. Sherrod Baltimore ditto. They might struggle to score 15 against a good BC defense.

I made this line 9.5 and I think laying 7 offers some value. This game has more chance of being a blowout than a nail biter IMO.
Going all in on this one now that the number has dropped below 7. I really don't understand it. The narrative all year has been that Ottawa is a better team than their record but I don't think thats been true for a while. They are down and out and playing out the string at this point. BC meanwhile has plenty to play for.

Adding...

1* BC Lions -5.5 -105

Onto week 17...

1* Edmonton +4 -110

The Elks have been steadily improving all year as Taylor Cornelius gradually gets better and the defense finally stays healthy. But the books haven't caught up yet. And who has Montreal beaten to deserve this number? They have exactly 1 road game all year where they won by more than 4. Thats it. Every other road game theyve played has been close. I think the Elks will keep this one within the number...maybe even win.

Daubing a bit on the Elks moneyline. They haven't won a home game in forever but if they lose this one it will be a record. Does that give them a little extra motivation tonight?

Full bet now as follows...

1*/.25* Edmonton +4 / ML -110 / +155

Results after week 17...

Sides 30-19 +13.435*
Totals 12-12-1 -1.175*
Live/2H 10-10 -2.505*
Parlays 0-2 -1.50*
Props 1-0 +0.25*

Overall 53-43-1 +8.505*

1-4 in week 17. First truly bad week in some time so I won't complain.

Last edited:
1* Hamilton -1.5 -105

This is a big game for both teams and I have them dead even in my power rankings. The difference will be Hamilton's home field advantage as well as the fact that they are off a bye. I think they are in the far better spot here and should get the win.

1* Edmonton +13 -105

Edmonton is still competing as Chris Jones continues to treat the 2022 season like an extended training camp for 2023. Kenny Lawler is out but they look to be getting Kai Locksley back who has quietly become a steady receiver as well as shoirt yardage QB. Winnipeg enters this one with nothing to play for, having wrapped up first place. They are beaten up though with multiple injuries in the secondary that forced them to swing a trade at the deadline. I think they will start to rest some of the guys that have been playing dinged like STanley Bryant and Jackson Jeffcoat. Too many points here.

1* Edmonton +13 -105

Edmonton is still competing as Chris Jones continues to treat the 2022 season like an extended training camp for 2023. Kenny Lawler is out but they look to be getting Kai Locksley back who has quietly become a steady receiver as well as shoirt yardage QB. Winnipeg enters this one with nothing to play for, having wrapped up first place. They are beaten up though with multiple injuries in the secondary that forced them to swing a trade at the deadline. I think they will start to rest some of the guys that have been playing dinged like STanley Bryant and Jackson Jeffcoat. Too many points here.
Sounds good to me.

Results after week 18...

Sides 31-20 +13.385*
Totals 12-12-1 -1.175*
Live/2H 10-10 -2.505*
Parlays 0-2 -1.50*
Props 1-0 +0.25*

Overall 54-44-1 +8.455*

1-1 on the week. Getting down to crunch time. 3 weeks left.

1* BC Lions +2.5 -105

Lions in a must-win hosting a Bombers team that has no reason to play. Even without Burnham and Whitehead, I think they win this one.

1* BC Lions +2.5 -105

Lions in a must-win hosting a Bombers team that has no reason to play. Even without Burnham and Whitehead, I think they win this one.
Somebody likes this. Steamed all the way to -1.5 this evening

Collaros not starting...thats the reason for the move. Part of my handicap was that they may bench him after a half but not starting at all is a bonus. Looks like Prukop will start but Brown will probably get some time.

1* HAM / CAL under 49.5 -105

This is a big must-win game for both teams and in those I always look to the under first as both should be a little tight not wanting to make the big mistake. Add in Hamilton's offensive struggles this year and this looks like an under play to me.

1* HAM / CAL under 49.5 -105

This is a big must-win game for both teams and in those I always look to the under first as both should be a little tight not wanting to make the big mistake. Add in Hamilton's offensive struggles this year and this looks like an under play to me.
Well I lost this bet but I don't really mind because WHAT...A...GAME!! Dane Evans goes full Mahomes in the final 30 secs to get Hamilton the win. Thats 3 out of the last 4 the cats have won. Getting hot at exactly the right time.

Well I lost this bet but I don't really mind because WHAT...A...GAME!! Dane Evans goes full Mahomes in the final 30 secs to get Hamilton the win. Thats 3 out of the last 4 the cats have won. Getting hot at exactly the right time.
Saw the highlights bit ago. Awesome

Results after week 18...

Sides 32-20 +14.385*
Totals 12-13-1 -2.225*
Live/2H 11-10 -2.005*
Parlays 0-2 -1.50*
Props 1-0 +0.25*

Overall 56-45-1 +8.905*

2-1 for a small gain on the week. 2 weeks left.

Adding another future here. A lot of talk about Rourke being back for the playoffs and I'm starting to believe. If he comes back they have a legit shot at the cup. I think this is a better number than I would get parlaying the 3 games.

0.25* BC Lions Grey Cup +478

Adding another future here. A lot of talk about Rourke being back for the playoffs and I'm starting to believe. If he comes back they have a legit shot at the cup. I think this is a better number than I would get parlaying the 3 games.

0.25* BC Lions Grey Cup +478
Well so much for that. Pinnacle informed me that they will be cancelling this bet along with a number of NFL futures I have. All to do with their licensing in Ontario.

Pinnacle cancelling bets...never thought I'd see the day.

It might be time to just give up gambling altogether.

Its true. I once thought the legalization of sports betting in Canada would be a generally good thing but the province of Ontario and their clueless regulator has fouled up gambling beyond my worst fears. As of Oct 26 I will be completely cut off from using Pinnacle, leaving me with only 3 books left that I can use.

This is supposed to be fun but the number of hoops I have to jump through to gamble now just makes it not worthwhile anymore. I'll play out this CFL season and then I'll consider my options but without pinny, I think I'm done.

Its true. I once thought the legalization of sports betting in Canada would be a generally good thing but the province of Ontario and their clueless regulator has fouled up gambling beyond my worst fears. As of Oct 26 I will be completely cut off from using Pinnacle, leaving me with only 3 books left that I can use.

This is supposed to be fun but the number of hoops I have to jump through to gamble now just makes it not worthwhile anymore. I'll play out this CFL season and then I'll consider my options but without pinny, I think I'm done.
Here In CA They Are Going To Ballot To Legalize Sports Gambling.

I Know A Lot About Canada. When Going To SLAYER Shows In LA And Texas I Met A Few Canadians.

And In The Last Few Years They Haven't Had ANYTHING Nice To Say About Canada...

Here In CA They Are Going To Ballot To Legalize Sports Gambling.

I Know A Lot About Canada. When Going To SLAYER Shows In LA And Texas I Met A Few Canadians.

And In The Last Few Years They Haven't Had ANYTHING Nice To Say About Canada...
Well I still think Canada is a great place to live. Its just the Ontario government that is clueless and incompetent. They screwed this up worse than they screwed up cannabis legalization.

1*/.25 Saskatchewan +3/ML -110/+130

Gonna take a stab with the Riders here. They still have a shot at a playoff spot although its fading quickly but I think the team will get a jump from starting Mason Fine at QB. More importantly, Calgary is now locked into 3rd place with BC winning tonight and has no reason to compete here. I think Sask can keep it close, if not win at home.

Well I still think Canada is a great place to live. Its just the Ontario government that is clueless and incompetent. They screwed this up worse than they screwed up cannabis legalization.
What is going on with the ontario stuff, we are still technically grey market here, was supposed to launch by end of year but I doubt it, most of my places I have to use an authenticator to prove I'm not in ontario

1* BC Lions 1Q +0.5 -110

Rourke will start and play the first quarter. I’m betting the Leo’s have a lead after 15 mins.

What is going on with the ontario stuff, we are still technically grey market here, was supposed to launch by end of year but I doubt it, most of my places I have to use an authenticator to prove I'm not in ontario
It’s been a disaster on a lot of fronts. Pretty much everyone from poker players to daily fantasy players to gamblers are pissed off. The geolocation spyware they force you to use barely works. It can take upwards of 5 mins to confirm your location if it works at all so live betting is out of the question. And I travel a lot so I am cut off from using Ontario books at least 50% of the time.

The regulator, igaming Ontario is perfectly ok with books canceling winning bets and limiting winners overall.

Up until now I have been closing my account t at any book that gets licensed in Ontario. But I never thought pinnacle would do it. Now they are canceling all my futures bets and have limited a lot of other markets. As far as I’m concerned, pinny is just another bodog now.

I still have a few books I can use and I have found a texhnical work around for the geolocation bullshit but at this point I am shutting down my NFL and NCAA seasons. I will finish the cfl season but I am so disillusioned by all this I think I am going to move on from gambling and sports in general after that. Maybe I’ll feel like coming back by next season but we’ll see.

It’s been a disaster on a lot of fronts. Pretty much everyone from poker players to daily fantasy players to gamblers are pissed off. The geolocation spyware they force you to use barely works. It can take upwards of 5 mins to confirm your location if it works at all so live betting is out of the question. And I travel a lot so I am cut off from using Ontario books at least 50% of the time.

The regulator, igaming Ontario is perfectly ok with books canceling winning bets and limiting winners overall.

Up until now I have been closing my account t at any book that gets licensed in Ontario. But I never thought pinnacle would do it. Now they are canceling all my futures bets and have limited a lot of other markets. As far as I’m concerned, pinny is just another bodog now.

I still have a few books I can use and I have found a texhnical work around for the geolocation bullshit but at this point I am shutting down my NFL and NCAA seasons. I will finish the cfl season but I am so disillusioned by all this I think I am going to move on from gambling and sports in general after that. Maybe I’ll feel like coming back by next season but we’ll see.
The geolocater fucking sucks

On my phone it never works, and the popup every time is annoying

Works on tablet and laptop a bit better, which makes no sense they are both usually connected to same wifi

I was hoping BC would be the next province but definitely not now, losing pinny would be bad for me so really hoping for a fix before it comes here, and for you too

The geolocater fucking sucks

On my phone it never works, and the popup every time is annoying

Works on tablet and laptop a bit better, which makes no sense they are both usually connected to same wifi

I was hoping BC would be the next province but definitely not now, losing pinny would be bad for me so really hoping for a fix before it comes here, and for you too

Yeah losing pinny is a gut punch for me. It’s hard enough to beat the books and having to jump through all these extra hoops just to get a bet down is really making me rethink my hobby.

5dimes is getting Ontario licensed now too. They just cancelled my NFL futures. Absolutely shameful.

That leaves me with 1 book left that I can play with. I give up.

5dimes is getting Ontario licensed now too. They just cancelled my NFL futures. Absolutely shameful.

That leaves me with 1 book left that I can play with. I give up.
They trying to push everyone to proline?

I was watching leafs game on center ice last night and aw probably 10 commercials for it, saying that when you lose with proline the money goes back to the government so it's not a real loss....

They trying to push everyone to proline?

I was watching leafs game on center ice last night and aw probably 10 commercials for it, saying that when you lose with proline the money goes back to the government so it's not a real loss....
LOL that's pretty rich.

I think they are pushing books to get licensed in order to collect taxes and from what I understand, they can prevent books from advertising in Ontario if they don't get licensed and pay tax.

What I don't understand is what other leverage the regulator has that is forcing all these books to sign up. Pinnacle for instance has never been a big marketing front like DK or fanduel so what was stopping them from continuing business as usual? They are beyond the reach of Ontario law so why sign up at all? How is the regulator strong arming them into playing ball? What advantage do they get from being licensed in all these individual jurisdictions? I really don't know.

Pinny is desperately trying to get me to use the geolocator, even offering to have an IT person contact me directly to help. I'm guessing that has something to do with the high 5 figure withdrawal I'm about to make before I close my account.

LOL that's pretty rich.

I think they are pushing books to get licensed in order to collect taxes and from what I understand, they can prevent books from advertising in Ontario if they don't get licensed and pay tax.

What I don't understand is what other leverage the regulator has that is forcing all these books to sign up. Pinnacle for instance has never been a big marketing front like DK or fanduel so what was stopping them from continuing business as usual? They are beyond the reach of Ontario law so why sign up at all? How is the regulator strong arming them into playing ball? What advantage do they get from being licensed in all these individual jurisdictions? I really don't know.

Pinny is desperately trying to get me to use the geolocator, even offering to have an IT person contact me directly to help. I'm guessing that has something to do with the high 5 figure withdrawal I'm about to make before I close my account.
Ya the ads thing was the only real reason I thought

Maybe take away the etransfer funding option thru the banks? Withdrawls been so much easier for me since they added that in

Either way I hope it gets figured out asap

Back