• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

CFL Syndicate 2022

Can’t wait for tomorrow, LSU get fucked, CFL is the savior

1* TOR / HAM under 49.5 -105

With Jamie Newman at qb, the cats offense will be run heavy. They will do something similar to what they did when David Watford had to start a couple times...lots of qb draws, screen and flat passes. It will not be a slow, plodding style.

Increasing this bet while the numbers are still available. With Newman practicing today, its not a sure sign that he will start but even if he doesn't its safe to say Evans is not physically 100%.

Full bet now as follows...

.75*/.75* Toronto +1.5 / ML -105 / +108
Toronto now -2 after the news that Evans is out.

Weather in Hamilton...cool, breezy, overcast with a 30% chance of light rain.

Calgary...warm, mix of sun and cloud, gusty winds with 30% chance of rain. Also an air quality advisory for smoke from wildfires in the air. Sadly becoming an annual reality in the west

Results after week 13...

Sides 25-15 +11.985*
Totals 10-9 -0.375*
Live/2H 9-9 -2.43*
Parlays 0-2 -1.50*
Props 1-0 +0.25*

Overall 45-35 +7.93*

5-1 again this week and a new season high in units.

The streak extends to 15-2 over the past 3 weeks. Lets keep it rollin'.

Well done Hulu! I'll tell Sammy that you're still the CFL guru!

I recall Dilaudid8 (sp?) Playing dogs on 1h ML in years past. I liked 2 dogs this week, ND in NCAA and Edm in CFL. Oddly both wound up winning the 1h but losing the game. I might have to start playing 1h dog MLs in the spirit of Dilaudid8. Any thoughts from the CFL team?

Well done Hulu! I'll tell Sammy that you're still the CFL guru!

I recall Dilaudid8 (sp?) Playing dogs on 1h ML in years past. I liked 2 dogs this week, ND in NCAA and Edm in CFL. Oddly both wound up winning the 1h but losing the game. I might have to start playing 1h dog MLs in the spirit of Dilaudid8. Any thoughts from the CFL team?
I remember D8. I wonder what ever happened to him? Fun guy.

I've never researched it but 1H dogs does make some sense. Typically 1H lines are shaded heavily toward the favourite so you get an extra point or two on the dog and a lot of times favourites (especially big ones) tend to play with their food in the 1H then win it in the 2nd. I think this bears looking into.

1* Montreal +6.5 -110

So BC trades for VAJ and suddenly they are nearly a TD fav on the road? Umm...no. We don't even have confirmation that VAj is starting yet although he likely will. And how much of the offense will he know? I get that he will be super motivated vs the team that benched him but 6.5 is too much. I made BC a 2pt fav here and I still think thats about right

1* Ottawa +3 -110

I made this +1 so I think theres value getting the 3. Ottawa has won 2 straight and with Arbuckle at the helm and Hamilton fading fast, the team believes again now that they are within striking distance of 2nd place. Toronto is still the best of the east but is beat up and on a short week. I think Ottawa can compete and maybe even win one at home for the first time in forever.

1* CAL / EDM under 51.5 -110

Although the elkies have more overs than unders this year, I still believe they are fundamentally an under team. I think they showed that yesterday with another poor offensive showing. So what do the books do? They raise the total by 2 points in the rubber match. Insanity.

1* Saskatchewan +8.5 -110

I hate that I have a bet in every game this early but the value is there. Winnipeg is winnipeg and theyre a cut above everyone else but Sask is a competitive team and in the rubber match, I think they can keep it close enough to be in it at the end. Also, getting 8.5 points in a game that is totaled at 43 is a pretty nice cushion.

1* Montreal +6.5 -110

So BC trades for VAJ and suddenly they are nearly a TD fav on the road? Umm...no. We don't even have confirmation that VAj is starting yet although he likely will. And how much of the offense will he know? I get that he will be super motivated vs the team that benched him but 6.5 is too much. I made BC a 2pt fav here and I still think thats about right

Montreal down to +1 now. 5.5 points of line value here. Leggo!!

1* Ottawa +3 -110

I made this +1 so I think theres value getting the 3. Ottawa has won 2 straight and with Arbuckle at the helm and Hamilton fading fast, the team believes again now that they are within striking distance of 2nd place. Toronto is still the best of the east but is beat up and on a short week. I think Ottawa can compete and maybe even win one at home for the first time in forever.

Seeing Ottawa close from +1 to -1 at various books. Lets hope the line value leads to another winner.

1* Saskatchewan +8.5 -110

I hate that I have a bet in every game this early but the value is there. Winnipeg is winnipeg and theyre a cut above everyone else but Sask is a competitive team and in the rubber match, I think they can keep it close enough to be in it at the end. Also, getting 8.5 points in a game that is totaled at 43 is a pretty nice cushion.
Ugh have to buy out of this with the late news of Sask's Flu outbreak. At least 3 players out.

1* Winnipeg -7 -107

Results after week 14...

Sides 27-17 +11.785*
Totals 10-10 -1.475*
Live/2H 9-9 -2.43*
Parlays 0-2 -1.50*
Props 1-0 +0.25*

Overall 47-38 +6.63*

2-3 for a small loss in week 14. No excuses...onward.

1* Edmonton +7.5 -109

A bit slow on the uptake on this one as its been a busy week so I missed the better line. Normally that would keep me off a bet but in this case I think the Riders are just a little too beat up to really threaten right now. Their OL is league-worst right now and they are missing several defensive pieces too. Their DL was one of the best but right now without Marino, Lanier, Christmas its probably average. I think the Elks can come in and compete, maybe even win?

1* Edmonton +7.5 -109

A bit slow on the uptake on this one as its been a busy week so I missed the better line. Normally that would keep me off a bet but in this case I think the Riders are just a little too beat up to really threaten right now. Their OL is league-worst right now and they are missing several defensive pieces too. Their DL was one of the best but right now without Marino, Lanier, Christmas its probably average. I think the Elks can come in and compete, maybe even win?
lets do it!

Thoughts on BC/CGY this week?
No play for me at this point. I made the line 6.

At +7 maybe BC is worth a play. At some point you'd have to think that VAj will start to cook with all the weapons he has around him but will it be this week? He only has 1 partial game under his belt.

No play for me at this point. I made the line 6.

At +7 maybe BC is worth a play. At some point you'd have to think that VAj will start to cook with all the weapons he has around him but will it be this week? He only has 1 partial game under his belt.
Mine as well, I think its gonna come, but I'd rather just wait and then see lines when it does than guess pre game

Maybe involved live if he looks comfortable

1* WPG / HAM over 46.5 -107

I made this number 48 so its not that far off but the more I look at it, the more I feel like this game will go over. Both Dane Evans and Matt Shilz are back in the lineup and although Evans is getting the start, we know Coach O won't hesitate to pull him early if things aren't clicking. If Evans fumbles or throws a couple bad INTs like he has a habit of doing, all the better for the total. So one way or another I think the cats will be able to score. Before last week's debacle with Newman starting, the cats had gone over in 5 straight. And we KNOW Collaros and co can score on this defence so I think this one has a much better chance of going over than under.

Also, since week 3, games with totals under 47 have gone 20-8 to the over. I looked at week 3 and on because the totals were so low to start the season I figure week 3 is when the books should have had them adjusted.

1* EDM / SSK under 50 -110

Edmonton's last 5 games totals averaged 48.5 and Sask's 47.1 so why do we have a total of 50 here? Anyone? Maybe its because each of them gave up 50+ points last week. But those were aberrations, particularly sask who was hit with the flu and had multiple players out and some playing sick. But if you look at the games before that, each team was on a 3 game under streak. Both these teams have challenged offenses and decent defences right now. I don't see this hitting 50.

Results after week 15...

Sides 29-17 +13.785*
Totals 11-10-1 -0.475*
Live/2H 9-9 -2.43*
Parlays 0-2 -1.50*
Props 1-0 +0.25*

Overall 50-38-1 +9.63*

3-0-1 this week for 3 units.

Now 20-5-1 over the past 5 weeks.

Last edited:
Mine as well, I think its gonna come, but I'd rather just wait and then see lines when it does than guess pre game

Maybe involved live if he looks comfortable
I'd say he's settling in nicely. And he'll only get better as the weeks go by.

I'd say he's settling in nicely. And he'll only get better as the weeks go by.
I think with him playing as he is now they are probably tied with stamps on best chance of stopping winnipeg, defense a large part of that

If he keeps getting more comfortable maybe offense gets clicking close to great again

Rourke seems pretty insistent he will be back for playoffs though

Lines for week 16 are out but they are all very close to what I made them. No early plays today. We'll have to see what develops during the week.

1* CAL / BC under 55 -105

I think this number is a bit high because these 2 teams have combined for scores of 81 and 60. But the first game was BLM vs Rourke and there were multiple defensive and special teams scores. This game is Maier vs Vaj and they just don't have the same firepower. Also, the last game only hit 60 because of overtime and was only at 46 in regulation. I expect that kind of game again between these 2 offenses.

Alright I'm committing to this over. I think the game opens up a bit.

0.5* Live HAM / MTL over 36.5 -115

1* CAL / BC under 55 -105

I think this number is a bit high because these 2 teams have combined for scores of 81 and 60. But the first game was BLM vs Rourke and there were multiple defensive and special teams scores. This game is Maier vs Vaj and they just don't have the same firepower. Also, the last game only hit 60 because of overtime and was only at 46 in regulation. I expect that kind of game again between these 2 offenses.
Down To 51.5...

GL Tonight.

Results after week 16...

Sides 29-17 +13.785*
Totals 12-10-1 +0.525*
Live/2H 10-10 -2.505*
Parlays 0-2 -1.50*
Props 1-0 +0.25*

Overall 52-39-1 +10.805*

2-1 this week and up above the 10 unit mark. Aiming to stay there.

Last edited:
Onto week 17...

1* Edmonton +4 -110

The Elks have been steadily improving all year as Taylor Cornelius gradually gets better and the defense finally stays healthy. But the books haven't caught up yet. And who has Montreal beaten to deserve this number? They have exactly 1 road game all year where they won by more than 4. Thats it. Every other road game theyve played has been close. I think the Elks will keep this one within the number...maybe even win.

Results after week 16...

Sides 29-17 +13.785*
Totals 12-10-1 +0.525*
Live/2H 10-10 -2.505*
Parlays 0-2 -1.50*
Props 1-0 +0.25*

Overall 52-39-1 +10.805*

2-1 this week and up above the 10 unit mark. Aiming to stay there.
Never a doubt you’d come roaring back like a wheat thrasher

1* OTT / BC under 48.5 -110

I made this one 46. Both these teams have trouble scoring right now, especially Ottawa. This game has 23-15 written all over it.

1* Saskatchewan +9 -110

This team has burned me a few times but I think they are in a decent spot here. Getting a number of players back, including C Dan Clark, Logan Ferland and Terran Vaughn should really help the OL which has been their worst unit on the field. Duke Williams also back which will be a boon to the offense. Meanwhile Winnipeg is the most beat up theyve been all year. Winnipeg will likely win but it will be a close affair, likely within a TD.

Back