• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

CFL Syndicate 2022

Results after week 5...

Sides 10-3 +5.355*
Totals 4-5 -2.02*
Live/2H 5-4 -0.738*
Parlays 0-2 -1.50*

Overall 19-14 +1.097*

Shitty week in week 5. Have to turn things around at some point.

Pending plays for week 6...
1* Hamilton -6.5 -115
1* Calgary +4 -107
1* CAL / WPG under 50 -110
0.25* Prop Jeshrun Antwi under 30.5 rush yards -120

Results after week 5...

Sides 10-3 +5.355*
Totals 4-5 -2.02*
Live/2H 5-4 -0.738*
Parlays 0-2 -1.50*

Overall 19-14 +1.097*

Shitty week in week 5. Have to turn things around at some point.

Pending plays for week 6...
1* Hamilton -6.5 -115
1* Calgary +4 -107
1* CAL / WPG under 50 -110
0.25* Prop Jeshrun Antwi under 30.5 rush yards -120
good luck tonight Hulu

Results after week 6...

Sides 10-5 +3.135*
Totals 5-5 -1.02*
Live/2H 5-5 -1.413*
Parlays 0-2 -1.50*
Props 1-0 +0.25*

Overall 21-17 -0.548*

2-3 on the week. I need to find my way out of this slump.

Results after week 6...

Sides 10-5 +3.135*
Totals 5-5 -1.02*
Live/2H 5-5 -1.413*
Parlays 0-2 -1.50*
Props 1-0 +0.25*

Overall 21-17 -0.548*

It will come

Minor set back before a major comeback

Some interesting games this week

How many points can Edmonton get?

how BC gets viewed post Winnipeg loss, aberration or are they a paper tiger

Hoping to get Ottawa at a nice number, they shouldn't be 0-5, outside 1 bad quarter vs the riders they've been within a td almost every minute they've played, arguably played the bombers better than anyone

Argos numbers really skew with the loss to lions, take that out and they have the win in the atlantic last weekend, and two other 1 point games. Riders offense has been prolific at home

Hoping to get Ottawa at a nice number, they shouldn't be 0-5, outside 1 bad quarter vs the riders they've been within a td almost every minute they've played, arguably played the bombers better than anyone

Argos numbers really skew with the loss to lions, take that out and they have the win in the atlantic last weekend, and two other 1 point games. Riders offense has been prolific at home
LaPolice has to be on the hot seat

Results after week 6...

Sides 10-5 +3.135*
Totals 5-5 -1.02*
Live/2H 5-5 -1.413*
Parlays 0-2 -1.50*
Props 1-0 +0.25*

Overall 21-17 -0.548*

I feel like I may have mailed you my bad juju with that hoodie

1* HAM / BC over 51 -110
I still don't think there's a defense in the league (except WPG) that can keep BC under 30 points. I made this number 53.5. I'm seeing a 32-24 kind of game here.

1* Toronto +6.5 -110
I hate backing a team to cover in the back half of a H&H when they won and covered the first half but I think its warranted here. Fajardo is 50/50 to play according to Dikenson and even if he plays, he won't have his usual mobility. They are still missing half their DL. Toronto should be able to keep this closer than a TD.

My feeling is BC is still for real and I think they have a nice bounceback game against a Ticat D that is still good but not what they have been the past few years.

Agree with Ottawa although I'd like to know who will start. From what I understand the decision hasn't been made yet so it could be either Arbuckle or Evans. Did you catch the Montreal game last week when they showed Danny Macocia giving his pregame pep talk? The team barely reacted. It looked clear they aren't excited by the regime change there.

Sask could be in some trouble with Fajardo hobbled and now a covid outbreak messing with their practice week.

Also forgot to mention Sask's covid outbreak that forced them to cancel practice yesterday. I don't know how bad it is but it has affected their practice week at a minimum and theres a chance some players could be out.

TOP PLAY : TI'CATS +9.5-116 I used to watch more Barstool sports. I have watched some of their eating contests. When one of the contestants fails to keep the food in, Dave calls it a reversal of fortune. This is the game I have kinda been waiting for from Hamilton. Getting a nice load of points here to a team that in my opinion is full of too much early season hype. Hamilton has been underperforming but not as bad as some other programs in this league. They have been favorites in all their home games and on the road this is the most points they have been gifted.
I don't have the better team here but the game as I see it will be nip and tuck at the end. +9.5 is where its at for me. Sure I would like +10 but the juice is costly when I go that high. The only value I get out of +10 is a push so its not worth the extra. I will take 6 cents extra juice to get to +9.5. CFL is crazy with all the extra ways to score singles and 2 points. In my opinion 6 cents for a full point does increase my chances slightly.

Reversal of fortune game for BC. The played best Winnipeg and that didnt go well. Their schedule has them blowing out a lost EDM team is game one and a Toronto team that just wiffed.

Medium : Ottawa +2.5
Montreal has been a horrible 2nd Half team this season and 1 win favorites don't excite me at all. Here again Montreal as a favorite (as I said last week, terrible) One could say there is nothing exciting about Ottawa this season. I don't enjoy watching them play, They have QB issues and have problems getting the ball out to their wide outs. It at times is frustrating to watch.

Ottawa has a chance in this game and I dont see them losing all the games. Opportunity knocks here. LaPolice better get this one done.

Lean Argo's +6. Since getting bashed by BC they have covered 2-0 since. Here is another dog opportunity.

Winnipeg is still a top this league and I and a few others got taught another lesson in betting the CFL do not fade the best. I will stay away.

I might have a total this week but so far this is where I am at.

I like dogs that will be favorites the following week and as I make early week 8 lines Hamilton and Toronto fit that role this week.

Conversely BC probably is a dog in Saskatchewan next week. Historically that wont fit very well for BC this week.

Last edited:
AD and next game Home favorites are 58% (168-121 ATS) since 2007

Home favorites and next game they are dogs (132-217 ATS 37.8%)

AD and next game Home favorites are 58% (168-121 ATS) since 2007 (Play on Hamilton and Toronto)

Home favorites and next game they are dogs (132-217 ATS 37.8%) (play against BC)

Away Favorites Montreal will be dogs next week, those teams are 35-50 ATS (41.2%)

TOP PLAY : TI'CATS +9.5-116 I used to watch more Barstool sports. I have watched some of their eating contests. When one of the contestants fails to keep the food in, Dave calls it a reversal of fortune. This is the game I have kinda been waiting for from Hamilton. Getting a nice load of points here to a team that in my opinion is full of too much early season hype. Hamilton has been underperforming but not as bad as some other programs in this league. They have been favorites in all their home games and on the road this is the most points they have been gifted.
I don't have the better team here but the game as I see it will be nip and tuck at the end. +9.5 is where its at for me. Sure I would like +10 but the juice is costly when I go that high. The only value I get out of +10 is a push so its not worth the extra. I will take 6 cents extra juice to get to +9.5. CFL is crazy with all the extra ways to score singles and 2 points. In my opinion 6 cents for a full point does increase my chances slightly.

Reversal of fortune game for BC. The played best Winnipeg and that didnt go well. Their schedule has them blowing out a lost EDM team is game one and a Toronto team that just wiffed.

Montreal has been a horrible 2nd Half team this season and 1 win favorites don't excite me at all. Here again Montreal as a favorite (as I said last week, terrible) One could say there is nothing exciting about Ottawa this season. I don't enjoy watching them play, They have QB issues and have problems getting the ball out to their wide outs. It at times is frustrating to watch.

Ottawa has a chance in this game and I dont see them losing all the games. Opportunity knocks here. LaPolice better get this one done.

Lean Argo's +6. Since getting bashed by BC they have covered 2-0 since. Here is another dog opportunity.

Winnipeg is still a top this league and I and a few others got taught another lesson in betting the CFL do not fade the best. I will stay away.

I like dogs that will be favorites the following week and as I make early week 8 lines Hamilton and Toronto fit that role this week.

Conversely BC probably is a dog in Saskatchewan next week. Historically that wont fit very well for BC this week.

I think I will join you on Ottawa. I have one book showing a 3 right now which has value I think.

I said before that I'd like to know who will be qb for Ottawa but thinking about it more, does it really matter? Caleb Evans looked last week like he's taken a step forward in year 2 although he's stiull pretty raw. Arbuckle is clearly a better more experienced qb overall but being with the team less than 2 weeks, how much command of the offense will he really have. I agree that this looks like a spot where Ottawa can finally get in the win column. These 2 teams have traditionally played tight games. In 2021, Ottawa's only win vs a non-Edmonton team was in Montreal. They always compete hard vs their closest rivals.

1* Ottawa +3 -110

Really good thoughts on Hamilton. I made the line 7 so its a no play for me to start but I think you are right that this team will have to wake up at some point because they are better than their record. Again last week they gave up 5 turnovers but that has to end at some point, doesn't it?

My biggest concern with them is the short week. Travelling across 3 timezones on a Sat-Thu week is a tough spot.

They are my team though so I'll be rooting for you (and points).

Thanks for all the likes and comments guys. I had a rough start to the season but as the season moves along the lines become a bit more clear. I think and hope for the best.

according to the data I should find a 2-1 week. Still need fortune and luck.

1* Toronto +6.5 -110
I hate backing a team to cover in the back half of a H&H when they won and covered the first half but I think its warranted here. Fajardo is 50/50 to play according to Dikenson and even if he plays, he won't have his usual mobility. They are still missing half their DL. Toronto should be able to keep this closer than a TD.

Increasing this bet while I still have a dexent number available. Full bet now as follows...

1*/.5*/.5* Toronto +6.5/+6/ML -110/-110/+173

I like the Argo's too.

F and week>5 and (n:D or on:F) and t:losses<=2 and line<-3

in weeks 6 and beyond a favorite of <-3 in which this favorite will be a dog the following week ( it doesnt fit as Sask will be a favorite against BC next week) or their opponent will be a Favorite( this fits as Toronto will be a home chalk to the Red Blacks) as long as it fits one or the other this is applicable. the favorite also has 2 or less looses on the season (Sask 4-2)

This favorite is 18-44 ATS 29%. Play is ON the Argo's

So far on argos and redblacks

Lions tabbys over most likely as well

Winnipeg line scaring me, I thought we might see 10

Is there a possibility Duke Williams gets suspended for the helmet swinging incident last week?

I'm leaning toward no but it wouldn't surprise me if he got a game either. The league looked soft on Marino to a lot of people and it needs to come out strongly against these sort of incidents. Swinging a guys own helmet at his head is way worse than what usually draws a fine. The fact that it occurred in pre-game with no officials present shouldn't change the severity of it. They have film.

Is there a possibility Duke Williams gets suspended for the helmet swinging incident last week?

I'm leaning toward no but it wouldn't surprise me if he got a game either. The league looked soft on Marino to a lot of people and it needs to come out strongly against these sort of incidents. Swinging a guys own helmet at his head is way worse than what usually draws a fine. The fact that it occurred in pre-game with no officials present shouldn't change the severity of it. They have film.
They would have said by now wouldnt they?

I saw dickenson say he doesnt think he will

Would be a big factor tho

They would have said by now wouldnt they?

I saw dickenson say he doesnt think he will

Would be a big factor tho
The league usually announces disciplinary stuff on Tues or Wed so we'll know by tomorrow I would think.

I doubt he gets suspended but it would be icing on the cake if he was. Be even better if Fajardo sits.

Winnipeg line scaring me, I thought we might see 10
Me too. I made the line 9 because even though Winnipeg should dominate but their version of domination is get a lead and then work the clock so they often don't win big.

Edmonton team total under might be worth a look. The way the Bombers D were able to shut down Rourke last week was impressive. Cornholio ain't no Rourke. As moderately impressive as he looked last week, a lot of had to do with Montreals numerous PI penalties setting the Elks up. I could see a multiple interception game and I doubt they get more than 1 TD.

Winnipeg games have totaled 36, 31, 38, 45, 65 & 45. With the 65 being at BC.

And this total is sitting at 46.5. Hmm

Caleb Evan’s announced as Redblacks starter this week. Nick Arbuckle will dress as backup

There is a chance this game gets postponed but it’s a small one IMO. IIRC, Last year the protocol was that a game would only be cancelled if a team can’t dress at least 34 healthy players, 17 off and 17 def.

With a 54 players between the active and practice rosters (+ whoever else is eligible to come off the 1gm and 6gm lists) they’d have to have a lot more players test positive to cancel this game.

Back