• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

CFL Syndicate 2022

Ok can we talk football now? Because after 3 losing weeks in a row I am questioning everything and have no idea where the value is this week.

There might not be any

Ok can we talk football now? Because after 3 losing weeks in a row I am questioning everything and have no idea where the value is this week.

There might not be any
Do your thing…. Get your mind right and go back to the basics…

Honestly why you gotta say that stupid shit?
Not stupid at all.

In this case...

Our capper...

Is damn sharp.
Gets the best of the #.
Will win in the long run more times than not.

He said he's had a blah few weeks. I see someone that is ready to get hot (we've seen it many times from him all sports).

I think we'll see a few very good weeks.

Not stupid at all.

In this case...

Our capper...

Is damn sharp.
Gets the best of the #.
Will win in the long run more times than not.

FAir enough.

He said he's had a blah few weeks. I see someone that is ready to get hot (we've seen it many times from him all sports).

I think we'll see a few very good weeks.

Case closed.

Lesson learned.

I just wondered what you thought BAR meant by cap the capper. I thought maybe 'cap' had a different regional meaning perhaps. Like 'bust a cap in yo ass' or somesuch
First off I overreacted. I didn’t want Reno messing with you. Felt like he was poking the bear.

My only lean right now is Calgary +4. I made the line 3.5 so its probably about where it should be. But I just have this feeling that Calgary is up to the task of hanging with Winnipeg. They have a very good OL which is what you need to buy time against that defence. And Bo is out to silence doubters this year and what better way to do it than with a statement game here. The Bombers had their own statement game last week when Zach Collaros played out of his mind to remind everyone that he is still the league's premier QB. That game was a big hype fest and I'm not seeing the same for this game, even though its also a battle of unbeatens, so will Winnipeg come with the same effort this week or is it a letdown spot?

OTOH this is Calgary's second road game in a row although last week vs Edmonton was a cake walk. They are also have a few key guys who haven't practiced this week so that bears watching. Richie Sindani and Jonathan Moxey. Winnipeg's injury report is so small it could fit inside a fortune cookie.

Back in the day it was Hamilton that sucked so bad when they were favorites. Now we have a new suck so bad candidate.

t:team=Alouettes and F and date>=20110915 and line<-5

when the line is more than -5 the Alouettes are 6-22 ATS in its last 28 attempts

Any line as a favorite they are 20-39 ATS since the same date.

As Home favorites any line Montreal is 13-31 ATS using the same dates.

In history this is where the dogs rule in the CFL. After one Eliminates the good CFL teams that can cover as favorites here is one that has shown why the CFL is profitable for me. Also why the CFL has been horrible for me this season. The West has all the good teams and killing my bets on the underdog inferior East teams.

It sucks to have to bet on such a crap team but I do get the much better coach. Isn't this Maciocia's first game as HC? We will find out how that goes.

Montreal has yet to be favored this season.

Edmonton is going to face a very tough Western schedule soon as they face the best 3 teams on deck. The East shouldnt be laying this many points to a western team.

Edmonton is already 1-0 vs the East as they beat Hamilton as an away dog. and is 2-1 ATS as away dogs this season. The one non cover was against BC when that early season line was only BC-4.5 AT BC.

Last edited:
Winnipeg is in a bad spot, that's one I'm looking at most right now, but agreed on it not being a great week for lines

The two totals on saturday both at 44.5 right now seem low to me at first look, but haven't looked in detail yet

My only lean right now is Calgary +4. I made the line 3.5 so its probably about where it should be. But I just have this feeling that Calgary is up to the task of hanging with Winnipeg. They have a very good OL which is what you need to buy time against that defence. And Bo is out to silence doubters this year and what better way to do it than with a statement game here. The Bombers had their own statement game last week when Zach Collaros played out of his mind to remind everyone that he is still the league's premier QB. That game was a big hype fest and I'm not seeing the same for this game, even though its also a battle of unbeatens, so will Winnipeg come with the same effort this week or is it a letdown spot?

OTOH this is Calgary's second road game in a row although last week vs Edmonton was a cake walk. They are also have a few key guys who haven't practiced this week so that bears watching. Richie Sindani and Jonathan Moxey. Winnipeg's injury report is so small it could fit inside a fortune cookie.
They would have slept in their own beds after the Edmonton game too, I'm treating it as if it was a home game

1* Hamilton -6.5 -115

Grabbing the last 6.5 I have available for this one but I would take it at 7.5 as well. I thought about this matchup a lot in bed overnight and even though it seems crazy to be betting these 2 bottom dwellers, I think Hamilton romps here. The East is wide open with both winless but at the same time both only a game out of first.

I think these teams come in with completely different mindsets. Hamilton should be better than their 0-4 record and they know it. Their biggest problem has been Dane Evans' ridiculous number of turnovers (8 picks and 4 lost fumbles). You can't win many averaging 3 turnovers a game. But turnovers are correctable and a bye week is the best time to reset and correct some of those problems. When you listen to the cats players speak in their post-practice interviews, they all, to a man, believe this is a playoff team.

Meanwhile Ottawa comes in with Caleb Evans starting and while that's bad enough, I also have to question the entire team's motivation. They're already frustrated by starting 0-4 and now they've lost their leader, and with him any chance of a playoff run. They've all seen this movie last year and it wasn't pretty. Now they go on the road with their season circling the drain. I just don't see how they come in here with any motivation at all.

Still like Calgary but waiting to see where the number goes. I think with Winnipeg's big win last week they will take some money and we may get a 4.5

Winnipeg is in a bad spot, that's one I'm looking at most right now, but agreed on it not being a great week for lines

The two totals on saturday both at 44.5 right now seem low to me at first look, but haven't looked in detail yet

Agree on the totals. All are well below the scoring avg this season.

LY with Evans starting the Redblacks averaged <16 points per game so you are counting on Hamilton doing a lot of the scoring there.

And I don't know if I could trust MBT to deliver points the way he's been playing so far. Toronto hasn't gone over 22 yet.

Agree on the totals. All are well below the scoring avg this season.

LY with Evans starting the Redblacks averaged <16 points per game so you are counting on Hamilton doing a lot of the scoring there.

And I don't know if I could trust MBT to deliver points the way he's been playing so far. Toronto hasn't gone over 22 yet.
Saskatchewan toronto is in nova Scotia too. Forgot about that until I just saw the ad on tv

1* Calgary +4 -107

I was waiting on this line but I see a couple of books moving it to -115 so I'm getting on it now.

Simple handicap...I think this is a let down spot for the Bombers. They clearly had a bug up their asses about all the hype BC and Nathan Rourke were getting. They were in high gear from the opening kickoff. Collaros played out of his mind. At least one Bomber player remarked that it was crazy that BC was the favourite. Now they come home in their more comfortable role as favs and I just think that its a bit of a let down after the BC game. Winnipeg's running game had been moiribund until they faced BC and I wouldn't be surprised to see it falter again against a stout front 7. Winnipeg is already down Nick Demski in the receiving corps and now O'leary-Orange joins him on the 6gm. That they signed a loacal receiver from the Winnipeg rifles to dress this week should tell you they are a little thin there. They also have a short week with one less practice than Calgary.

Speaking of the Stamps, I have them rated only 1 point behind the Bombers in my power ratings and I have to admit I was seriously wrong about them this year. Their offensive line, far from being a weakness, is probably the 2nd best in the league and they have 2 RBs who can get yards after contact. Those are 2 big keys to hanging with Winnipeg. Bo Levi looks like he is on a mission this year and has silenced the doubters with his play. Richie SIndani will be out this week but they have enough receivers to function, especially with the emergence of Malik Henry. Defensively, I think they are top 3 and while they lack superstars, they are solid at every position. With Roberson and Moxey back in the secondary, it is a very strong group. Coming off a cake walk game vs Edmonton, I think they have been looking forward to this tilt and I think they keep it within a field goal.

Of note...A few years ago Calgary was one of the best 2H bets going with Bo leading comeback after comeback. That sort of disappeared in 2019 and 2021 with his injury troubles but that seems to be behind him now. 3 out of their 4 games this season they have been behind at the half and come back to win. I think this team could be a dominant 2H team this year, especially at home.

I want to take Edmonton but I don't think I can do it unless it hits 10. I don't think Montreal has earned the right to be big favs to anyone just yet. I made this line 5.5. How do they respond to all the changes in the last 2 weeks? New HC, new DC Noel Thorpe hired only a week ago, new play caller Anthony Calvillo. They all have experience but its a lot of new pieces and I would still like to know where the team's head is at after losing Khari Jones who was very popular with his players.

But with Edmonton adding yet another 2 players to the 6gm (bringing the total to 13), they are starting to run out of qualified bodies at some positions. And they are starting Taylor Cornelius who, in limited action LY showed a few flashes but ultimately didn't look like a starting option. Has he progressed in year 2? I'm not sure I want to risk money to find out.

eta...another thing that's not getting a lot of attention is that MTL dumped their MLB Tre Watson during the bye week citing discipline issues and will be starting 1st overall pick Tyrell Richards there. Is he this year's Jordan X Williams? I kinda doubt it. Not yet anyway.

Last edited:
I want to take Edmonton but I don't think I can do it unless it hits 10. I don't think Montreal has earned the right to be big favs to anyone just yet. I made this line 5.5. How do they respond to all the changes in the last 2 weeks? New HC, new DC Noel Thorpe hired only a week ago, new play caller Anthony Calvillo. They all have experience but its a lot of new pieces and I would still like to know where the team's head is at after losing Khari Jones who was very popular with his players.

But with Edmonton adding yet another 2 players to the 6gm (bringing the total to 13), they are starting to run out of qualified bodies at some positions. And they are starting Taylor Cornelius who, in limited action LY showed a few flashes but ultimately didn't look like a starting option. Has he progressed in year 2? I'm not sure I want to risk money to find out.

eta...another thing that's not getting a lot of attention is that MTL dumped their MLB Tre Watson during the bye week citing discipline issues and will be starting 1st overall pick Tyrell Richards there. Is he this year's Jordan X Williams? I kinda doubt it. Not yet anyway.
Thanks for the input. I know I am on a crappy team, but I am fading Montreal on a high sucker bet line. I might be a sucker here. Historically Montreal sucks as chalk and I am going with it. I see a close game, but I like the AC hire.

Thanks for the input. I know I am on a crappy team, but I am fading Montreal on a high sucker bet line. I might be a sucker here. Historically Montreal sucks as chalk and I am going with it. I see a close game, but I like the AC hire.
I definitely lean to your side and I'll be rooting for you bud

0.25* Prop Jeshrun Antwi under 30.5 rush yards -120

This looks like a pretty easy win considering Antwi has been benched in favour of Walter Fletcher. He might get a few carries but I doubt he gets anything significant. Would've gone bigger if I could.

Back