• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

CFL Syndicate 2022

That’s awesome

I got to see the Zooperstars once at a Wisconsin Rafters game

Benny the Bull always has some good tricks up his sleeve I’ll see what I can find

Also, once Gritty hit the scene in Philly he’s been all gas and no breaks
That’s fuxking great!!

1* BC / TOR under 50 -101

I think this number is high based on BCs week 1. Toronto's offense looked fundamentally different in week 1 with a lot more emphasis on the run. I think they look to slow the game down here and I thhink their defense keeps Rourke in check.

Results after week 3...

Sides 8-1 +6.20*
Totals 3-4 -1.37*
Live/2H 5-3 +0.362*

Overall 16-8 +5.192*

Not a good week. Went 1-2 on pregame bets and 1-3 live. Flush it an move on to week 4.

1* Ottawa +4.5 -110

I faded BC a week too early against a Toronto team that was banged up and on a difficult road trip. This week I'm going back to the well and fading BC again as they go on the road for the first time. This is a short week for them (Sat-Thu) with a very long trip against an pretty good Ottawa team off a bye. This looks like the perfect spot to fade them. Additionally they lost a few key guys last week and although I don't know their status yet, all 3 looked bad enough that they could all miss time. Brian Burnham, James Butler and Bo Lokombo.

1* BC / OTT over 46.5 -110

This is a low number for 2 teams that can score. I think its being dragged down by Ottawa's first 2 games against Winnipeg's outstanding defense that both went way under. I would love to see a Rourke vs Masoli shootout here.

BC Lions away 7-24 SU last 31. Most of those were dog situations but they still are not proven to me that they should be laying points on the road. 2 great games this season. I am selling high. Short week and a banged up squad

1* Ottawa +4.5 -110

I faded BC a week too early against a Toronto team that was banged up and on a difficult road trip. This week I'm going back to the well and fading BC again as they go on the road for the first time. This is a short week for them (Sat-Thu) with a very long trip against an pretty good Ottawa team off a bye. This looks like the perfect spot to fade them. Additionally they lost a few key guys last week and although I don't know their status yet, all 3 looked bad enough that they could all miss time. Brian Burnham, James Butler and Bo Lokombo.
Making this a 1.5* play before the number disappears. I really like this. Full bet now as follows...

1*/.5* Ottawa +4.5 -110/-115

BC Lions away 7-24 SU last 31. Most of those were dog situations but they still are not proven to me that they should be laying points on the road. 2 great games this season. I am selling high. Short week and a banged up squad
Get on it as soon as you can. This number won't hang around

In week 1 BC was HOME to EDMONTON the line was BC -3 to -4.5

Now BC is on the road to Ottawa and still the line is -4. Obviously looking back that week 1 line was completely off. This line is now off the other way. History (as I shown above) is much different away. After sucking in back to back seasons Ottawa is a much improved team.

2022 Ottawa Season Lines so far
@ Winnipeg +6 (or 7 and as high as +11)
H to Winnipeg +1
Now home to BC +4.5

As Hulu as has said line value is everything. It doesn't mean a guarantee but betting Ottawa in this situation you are getting the best line and situation.

BC (indluding the final game of their 2021 season) has beaten the spread by :

week 20 2021 Ed @ Bc -7 ats margin +26 final score 43-10 BC
week 1 2022 Ed @ Bc ats margin +39 final score 59-15 BC
week 3 2022 Tor @ BC ats margin +37 final score 44-3 BC

all 3 home game blowouts with nice rest.

As I said after this last week I am not worried about my results so far, plenty of games ahead.

When the line shows this will be a multiple until wager on Ottawa

Last edited:
Strong lean to the over. Ottawa is not playing the Winnipeg D this week. Ottawa is going to score at least 21-points here. How about BC?

The overs in this situation are 34-18 65% ATS success rate.

If Ottawa can score 21 or more the query results for home dogs that get to that number are 140-49 ATS and 121-71 SU. If this game takes place before week 7 its 44-10 ATS. That an 81% ATS success rate.

Finally the HD straight up success rate in this situation (again Home dog week before 7 and the home dog scores at least 21) 40-13-1 75.5 success rate.

Lastly Ottawa's last 8 games, unders 8-0 ATS. Last week, total line, was 46, and week 1 was 48. This week as it looks 47.

Last edited:
I took redblacks ML

Figure worst case I'll have a spot to trade it live, but I'm with you guys in thinking the 4 drops down, and the ML should with it

No Burnham is a huge loss, skill players dont get same respect they do down south in terms of line value, this is equivalent of cfls version of devantae Adams being out. This line is saying a healthy burnham is close to 6? unless Lions are a juggernaut I dont see it at all, which is before even factoring in the short travel week

I want to like hamilton at the 6 it's at, elks cant play a consistent 60 minutes, and the ticats are a surprising 0-3

The elks first half against calgary they played it perfectly, but then the 2nd half they went back to how they played the 4th q vs Saskatchewan and 1st half vs BC, and then it took a last second field goal to cover

Any news on montreal starter? Assume VAJ is out of covid protocol. It was a 24 point win over the riders but looking at boxcar, Harris was less of a consistent factor than I remember during game, 140 of his 260 yards came on 3 passes, was 13 of 19 for 120 rest of the game.

Expect a big response by riders offense and their defense has been 2nd best behind winnipeg on the whole (cant count BC yet when half their play time was against the elks). So I am leaning riders

It's kind of in line with the numbers so far, but 42.5 as the total in bombers argos is so low

I want to like hamilton at the 6 it's at, elks cant play a consistent 60 minutes, and the ticats are a surprising 0-3

The elks first half against calgary they played it perfectly, but then the 2nd half they went back to how they played the 4th q vs Saskatchewan and 1st half vs BC, and then it took a last second field goal to cover

Any news on montreal starter? Assume VAJ is out of covid protocol. It was a 24 point win over the riders but looking at boxcar, Harris was less of a consistent factor than I remember during game, 140 of his 260 yards came on 3 passes, was 13 of 19 for 120 rest of the game.

Expect a big response by riders offense and their defense has been 2nd best behind winnipeg on the whole (cant count BC yet when half their play time was against the elks). So I am leaning riders

It's kind of in line with the numbers so far, but 42.5 as the total in bombers argos is so low
From what I understand Harris has been named the starter for the time being. I think hes a more consistent QB than Adams but he doesn't have that extra gear that VAJ seems to find when trailing in the 4th.

Agree on Hamilton but their OL is so bad its hard to back them right now. They were on the way to hammering Calgary 2 weeks ago at home before that epic 2H collapse and I think they complete the job vs Edmonton. OTOH, the Elks are going to get a surprise win at some point and all 3 of their wins LY came on the road.

Interestingly, the cats made a trade with the Elks this week for OL Colin Kelly. Its pretty rare to make a trade with a team you are about to play that week. I assume there is a clause that he can't play this week but still, he will have the Elks offensive playbook in his head and I'll bet the cats begin pumping him for info the minute he lands. Hamilton only gave up a 7th round draft pick so no info goes the other way.

Also re Sask... The back end of a home and home where the home team wins the first, favours the home team in the back half for obvious reasons. But 4.5 is a pretty strong line for a team that has had some offensive struggles. And now they are without one of their main deep threats, Shaq Evans. I think Sask wins but I am less confident that they cover.

2 teams I trust to win but don't trust to cover so I'm doing a moneyline parlay.

1* Parlay Hamilton ML / Saskatchewan ML +106

Hamilton should be getting back Coulter Woofmansey and Brandon Revenberg which will tremendously help the OL

My week :

Ott. +2.5 2 units probably missed some better numbers but this was the first opportunity I had. I have more available to get down if I get better numbers. I doubt I need the extra points as they will win or lose with out the points in my opinion.

Ott/BC over 47.5 2 units

Hamilton -7 1 unit.
Just a gut feel here

Ham/Ed under 47 1 unit

Als +4 1 unit
not so excited about this one but at this point I like Montreal

Argo's +5.5 2 units this is my 2nd play of this week. I am not a big fan of MBT but they havent busted out Ah yet. Low total so the Argo's dont have to score lots to get this done. I hope for north of 14. Home dogs that score >14 points with a line more than 3 are 25-13 ATS.

If one feels concerned about the Argo's getting to 15 or more points. Home dogs that score 7 or more with a line north of 3 points still hit 27-20 which is 57%.

I will add some moneylines as soon as available

Last edited:
My week :

Ott. +2.5 2 units probably missed some better numbers but this was the first opportunity I had. I have more available to get down if I get better numbers. I doubt I need the extra points as they will win or lose with out the points in my opinion.

Ott/BC over 47.5 2 units

Hamilton -7 1 unit.
Just a gut feel here

Ham/Ed under 47 1 unit

Als +4 1 unit
not so excited about this one but at this point I like Montreal

Argo's +5.5 2 units this is my 2nd play of this week. I am not a big fan of MBT but they havent busted out Ah yet. Low total so the Argo's dont have to score lots to get this done. I hope for north of 14. Home dogs that score >14 points with a line more than 3 are 25-13 ATS.

If one feels concerned about the Argo's getting to 15 or more points. Home dogs that score 7 or more with a line north of 3 points still hit 27-20 which is 57%.

I will add some moneylines as soon as available
I lean to the Argos as well but I am awaiting their injury report to see if their defense will be back to full strength. I don't think the line gets any worse so there's time to hit it.

One thing I'm considering is a correlated parlay of Argos and under. As you said, they shouldn't have to score much to stay within the number and Winnipeg games haven't cracked 40 yet.

@spottie2935 & @Hulu

Which Books Do You Use?! I Notice Some Get Better Lines Than Others... Wondering Which Books Posts CFL 1st?!
Thanks!
:shake:
Feasting on early numbers is a good way to profit. There's a vegas-based group that hits the CFL hard on Tuesday so you really need to have an early open to get the good numbers.

From my view, there are 2 small books that open ahead of the others... BetRegal has the first because they are the official odds provider to the CFL so they have to put out an early line. They are sometimes way off but they only take $50 and have done some shady stuff recently including voiding winning bets so I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Then SportsInteraction puts up lines on Sunday night and they will let you get $150 down. They had a lot of bad press in the past but seemed to have cleaned up their act in the past few years.

The first of the major books to open this year is 5dimes which has dropped them on Monday mid-day. I don't think they are available to US players but they have a US-facing brand (I think they advertise here?) that may well open at the same time. I think it might be BetAnySports? Maybe someone here can confirm that. If they do, that's the book I would recommend.

If anyone else knows of a book that drops CFL lines on Monday, please share. I have 13 books in my arsenal and I'm always looking for more outs.

0.5* Hamilton -6.5 -110

I'm gonna join spottie on Hamilton. The more I look at this game, the more I think its going to be a bust out game of sorts for the cats. After going 0-3 this team is ready to win a game and now they get back 2 NAT offensive linemen which should help shore up the line a bit as well as end the ratio nightmare they've been in for the first 3 weeks. Good chance they can slot Don Jackson into the lineup once again and their whole offense looks different with him in there. Only a half unit because of the parlay I already have involving Hamilton.

We saw Ford play some in the opener. Although he’s a fantastic athlete, he clearly wasn’t ready for this level. I do t see how that’s changed in 3 weeks.

On the road vs a good defence too. Wow

0.5* Hamilton -6.5 -110

I'm gonna join spottie on Hamilton. The more I look at this game, the more I think its going to be a bust out game of sorts for the cats. After going 0-3 this team is ready to win a game and now they get back 2 NAT offensive linemen which should help shore up the line a bit as well as end the ratio nightmare they've been in for the first 3 weeks. Good chance they can slot Don Jackson into the lineup once again and their whole offense looks different with him in there. Only a half unit because of the parlay I already have involving Hamilton.

Going big on this one before the 6.5 disappears entirely with the Tre Ford news. Full bet now as follows...

1.5* Hamilton -6.5 - 113

I think I would take it up to 7.5 because this could easily be a double digit win. Remember...7 in not a key number in the CFL. Its not much different than 6 or 8.

Yea I like Hamilton based upon this is Edmonton and Hamiltons pretty harsh schedule so far. -7 is the best I can get, but after a few ATS losses to open the season -7 should be a discount. Their only home game to Calgary They scored enough and should have won. If Hamilton gets a lead like I expect , I doubt Edmonton can keep pace.

Back