• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

CFL Syndicate 2022

Calgary QB may decide it for me

If its BLM I lean under big time, Maier not so sure

Just based on how they play, BLM is very much like late career dickenson, no arm strength to throw deep, only can if he really has time to put his whole body into, which kills clock and leans me under

Maier was going deeper instantly, and he was completing a lot, hamilton a better d than the Als, but if hes willing to go deep as often as it looks like he did, hes gonna hit a couple

Feel exactly the same. I want some confirmation that Bo is starting before I pull the trigger.

All signs point to hinm being ready to go but Dikenson saw what we all saw...the whole offense perked up when Maier came in. I could imagine a scenario where he holds Bo out for the game as a 'precautionary measure' and then if Maier lights it up, go to him full time

I have to remind myself that the theme for week 2 in any football league is DON'T OVERREACT!

With Ottawa I don't think its an overreaction to say they looked Winnipeg's equal last week and can probably do so again at home.

1* CAL / HAM under 47

Maybe I'm jumping on this too early but my feeling is it doesn't go higher than 47. Already seeing some pushback at books with that number.

2 very good defenses here and they tend to play under games as it is but now with Hamilton's league worst OL and ratio-issues they have, they will struggle to move the ball. Conversely I think Hamilton's defence will keep the game close. This looks like a 22-20 type game to me.

I like this play a lot better if BLM is starting for Calgary but Dikenson seemed to confirm today that he will be ready so I'm getting on it early.

Holy cow...that just nose dived to 45 at some places.

Thats the second time a play has moved right after I posted it. I'm wondering if someone big is following along.

1* Calgary +2 -107

Simple handicap...I had Calgary way underrated to begin the season and I think a lot of people did. Now with Hamilton's big time OL issues and the ratio problems they are creating, I think they will be in tough to win this game.

Now lets see if this one moves

Hamilton injury report. Bear in mind they already have C Woodmansey, WR Lamar Durant & WR Tlyer Ternowski on the 6gm. All NATs. Now with Saxelid and Fontana (who was a turnstile anyway) they are running out of options. Don Jackson likely never sees the field in favour of Thomas-Erlington. They might also have to slip Mason Bennett on the defensive line in place of Carney to meet ratio requirements.

1655268657720.png

Am I crazy to like the Elks now that its gone to 7.5? They got caught in a perfect storm last week with Rourke's big coming out party combined with a number of defenders on the 1gm. This week they come home, embarrassed, and getting a few guys back. Tony Washington to shore up the LT position that was so weak LW and Nafees Lyons in the secondary. They're still without Grymes and Morgan though.

I still don't think they're a good team but I thihnk this line may have gotten out of control. Edmonton might be able to compete.

Thoughts?

Toronto will be missing receivers Brescasin and Rogers. They have one of the deepest receiver groups in the league though so I'm not too concerned.

Interesting...you take BC out of the numbers and offenses in week 1 graded about the same, in fact a little below, last years average. The media is really hyping the small increase in offensive output but I think that one game is skewing it. I think we could be in line for some good under value as the public bets almost every game up.

Play 1 for me the the Alouettes
Am I crazy to like the Elks now that its gone to 7.5? They got caught in a perfect storm last week with Rourke's big coming out party combined with a number of defenders on the 1gm. This week they come home, embarrassed, and getting a few guys back. Tony Washington to shore up the LT position that was so weak LW and Nafees Lyons in the secondary. They're still without Grymes and Morgan though.

I still don't think they're a good team but I thihnk this line may have gotten out of control. Edmonton might be able to compete.

Thoughts?
I think if one is looking to bet them this early in the season more points are needed. Home teams early in the season get credit. At 7.5 looks like they are not getting credit but if they fail again this week they should be getting a much bigger load of points away AT Calgary next week, Thats when I might dabble. If I had to make a play I would wait for a half-time or ingame. If Ed plays a horrible first half again its a loss.

You know what Edmonton was last year. Did they do enough in the off-season to give hope? Make them show something. Chris Jones might have a few Cancers on the team, Maybe Chris Jones is a cancer too. In my opinion something is still off about them.

Teams that are greater than 7 point Home underdogs before week 5 are 4-1 ATS but that only means that there has been less parody in recent seasons. Not enough data and not as many crappy teams.

According to the short data its the correct side but only 7.5 points could be wiped out quickly. Sasks D is pretty good,

Pass,

Toronto should be dogs in their next 2 games. That means Toronto is non elite. We know this, but its a key to betting football. Favorites that will be dogs in the next 2 games playing in a division game are 6-26 ATS, this game must be played before week 7. Books struggle to come up with numbers early in the season, No different than us bettors.

If you are wondering about The Argo's next 2 games : @BC (BC is on a bye this week and after the week 1 blowout I doubt the Argo's would be favored) the following game is home to Winnipeg. When looking to bet the Argos and get a good line, this week isn't it.

Teams in the Alouettes situation: if they score 17> are 25-2 ATS so in my opinion this is critical for the Alouettes to score over 17 points.

Last edited:
Toronto should be dogs in their next 2 games. That means Toronto is non elite. We know this, but its a key to betting football. Favorites that will be dogs in the next 2 games playing in a division game are 6-26 ATS, this game must be played before week 7. Books struggle to come up with numbers early in the season, No different than us bettors.

If you are wondering about The Argo's next 2 games : @BC (BC is on a bye this week and after the week 1 blowout I doubt the Argo's would be favored) the following game is home to Winnipeg. When looking to bet the Argos and get a good line, this week isn't it.

Teams in the Alouettes situation: if they score 17> are 25-2 ATS so in my opinion this is critical for the Alouettes to score over 17 points.
Good stuff. I agree on the ALs, especially since it has moved to 3.5. I think the appropriate line is 2.5 so getting the other side of the 3 had def value.

1* SSK / EDM under 51 -109

I know I said I was done for the week but this total has just gotten out of control. I don't know why these two teams have the highest total of the week or why it should be 3 points above baseline here. Sask is not a team that tends to get margin and even when they do it tends to be at home in a defensive avalanche type of game. Edmonton's defense gets a couple of guys back and has another week under their collective belts. I don't think their offense is anything special regardless of if they start Arbuckle or Cornelius. I made this total 47.5 and I don't see any reason to deviate from that number. I surely can't see any reason that it should have gone up 4 points from open.

1* SSK / EDM under 51 -109

I know I said I was done for the week but this total has just gotten out of control. I don't know why these two teams have the highest total of the week or why it should be 3 points above baseline here. Sask is not a team that tends to get margin and even when they do it tends to be at home in a defensive avalanche type of game. Edmonton's defense gets a couple of guys back and has another week under their collective belts. I don't think their offense is anything special regardless of if they start Arbuckle or Cornelius. I made this total 47.5 and I don't see any reason to deviate from that number. I surely can't see any reason that it should have gone up 4 points from open.
Saw your elks post, I think I like this better for the game

The OL returns will help them sustain some drives and not constantly giving the ball back, sasky struggled on O

I would have had this around 47 like the opener, see no reason for huge change

Saw your elks post, I think I like this better for the game

The OL returns will help them sustain some drives and not constantly giving the ball back, sasky struggled on O

I would have had this around 47 like the opener, see no reason for huge change
I can't for the life of me figure out why this game of all four would have the highest total. No one is hanging 50, or even 40 on them again.

All the media is hyping up the "spike" in week 1 offense but as I said before if you take BCs numbers out, its looks about the same as LY.

I'm on that under, argos over at 47

Stamps ticats under I lean but 45 too low so nothing for now, that and the Ottawa peg game will end up live betting

I can't for the life of me figure out why this game of all four would have the highest total. No one is hanging 50, or even 40 on them again.

All the media is hyping up the "spike" in week 1 offense but as I said before if you take BCs numbers out, its looks about the same as LY.
These are the last two teams I'd expect to spike it anyway. Edmonton did nothing and werent expected too be a powerhouse offense anyway, so it's not like a breakout is expected. Toronto will be rusty, missing some receivers but they are somewhat deep, I like MBT, but can they get over 30? I'll pay to see it

My offensive line ranking so far...

1. Winnipeg - Lost LG to the NFL but still easily the best line in the league. Talented, deep and I hate them.

2. Ottawa - Usually I would say a new OL group needs time to gel but this cobbled-together bunch of veterans looked pretty damn capable in wk1 and gave Masoli plenty of time for his deep routes.

3. Toronto - Will be very good when they get Nicastro back at C

4. Calgary - Looked much better than I thought in wk1. LT Dennis looked in good form after not playing since 2019.

5. Montreal - Better at run blocking than pass blocking but overall a solid unit.

6. BC - Still not great but Lions OC called a game with a lot of underneath routes and safety valves to allow Rourke to get rid of the ball quick

7. Saskatchewan - Better than LY and should improve over the course of the year but looking raw right now

8. Edmonton - With LT Tony Washington back they may improve but they looked awful against an avg DL last week

9. Hamilton - If they can get everyone healthy, they can be better...right now they are a mess

Lines are out early!!!

1* Ottawa +7.5 -110

They're still lining Ottawa like its last year. This team is legit. The out-yarded Winnipeg 441-289 last week and left 17 points on the field with some mistakes. Expect them to compete toe to toe with Winnipeg on home turf this week.

Last week was one of those rare games where both organizations won. Even though the RBs lost, the organization has to be happy with how they look after back to back 3 win seasons. I think the fan base will come back too and TD place shpu;d be a great environment.

I have a couple others I'm eyeing but hit this one now as this number won't hang around

0.5* Winnipeg -2.5 -108

Attempting to middle the WPG/OTT game. Now that the number has crossed the 7,6,5,4 & 3 mathematically it makes sense to buy back at least a portion and aim for a middle. Those 5 numbers account for approx 32% of games 2007-2021 so I will take a 1/3 chance to middle any day.

Bringing all my week 2 plays into one post..

Thursday...
1* MTL / TOR over 47 -110 - now 50

Friday...
1* Ottawa +7.5 -110 - now +2.5
0.5* Winnipeg -2.5 -108 - middle attempt

Saturday...
1* Calgary +2 -107 - now +1
1* CAL / HAM under 47 - now 45

1* SSK / EDM under 51 -109 - now 50

scored more than 17 and got the cover as I expected.

Here is a home dog trend for Ottawa bettors tonight. Games played before week 7 in which the home dog lost its last game and the favorite won their last game. The home dogs are 13-3 ATS if the game is not played on a Saturday.

Ottawa +2.5 (current line ) is the play. If Ottawa covers I think they win the game. At 2.5 it doesn't sound like a bold statement but considering the opening line of +6 or more it would be much less probable.

Friday home dogs in weeks 1,2 and 3... these teams combined for 8-2 ATS

Last edited:
@Hulu need you to contact someone within the CFL and let them know the Saskatchewan Riders app STINKS and it doesn’t update during games.

So the ticats OL situation...

Without Alex Fontana and Kyle Saxelid they will move Jessie Gibbon from RG to C, Travis Vornkahl from LT to RG which is an odd spot for him, given his size, and then they'll be starting some rookie straight of the taxi squad named Riley at LT. They will only dress one backup in Kay 'the turnstile' Okafor.

What...A...Mess!

If theres a prop for # of sacks I'm going over

Ottawa Is Now A Pick-Um!

All Joking Aside...

What IF...IF... Someone Is A Stalker Here...

Makes A Profile. Never Posts, Never Says GL...

Just Watches Your Picks And Thoughts And RUNS With It?!

Totally Possible...

Ottawa Is Now A Pick-Um!

All Joking Aside...

What IF...IF... Someone Is A Stalker Here...

Makes A Profile. Never Posts, Never Says GL...

Just Watches Your Picks And Thoughts And RUNS With It?!

Totally Possible...

Totally possible... just look at how many of the 39 different members who have looked at this thread have no posts

Dare I ask?
The hamlet of Parkbeg. That place is a ghost town.

Oh I worked with a kid that went to the university in Regina and he said riders games were a fun and economical way to have a good time. He said someone always had an extra ticket.

The hamlet of Parkbeg. That place is a ghost town.

Oh I worked with a kid that went to the university in Regina and he said riders games were a fun and economical way to have a good time. He said someone always had an extra ticket.
Had no idea. You're even beating me in CFL trivia now

Back